Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 466

Thread: 2018 Russian GP: Practices & Qualifying

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,363
    Trail of oil coming out of the breather of the Mercedes. Possible turbo failure may be eminent???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,486
    Vettel vs Bottas last lap: 1:38.889 (ultra softs. 9 laps old) vs 1:39.656 (ultra softs, 10 laps old)

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,363
    Ricciardo's car is graining.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,363
    Gasly and Honda showing some pace with that new Spec 3 engine.....starting at the back of course.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    65
    Seb already showing frustrations

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,486
    Kimi's current stint on soft's looking good. Hamilton on 9 lap old ultra's slower than Raikkonen (12 laps old).

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,363
    Vettel getting tense over the radio.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,486
    Vettel's stint on ultra softs was ok. Kimi looked quite strong with softs.

    Pace-wise, it's hard to say where we are at the moment.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel getting tense over the radio.
    Unless it's strategy... pretending to be in trouble. Remember that Mercs were very hidden till Quali in Singapore. My only concern is that the track is proving to produce a lot of graining effect on these tires. The aggressive choice by Ferrari might come to bite them once more :/

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,190
    Watching Vettel interview on SkyItalia he looks quite blank/unhappy...

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,235
    Doesnt look good at the moment. Looks like Singapore again. Cant undestand how we lost our competitiveness since Monza and the cars ar hardly evolved. Both are making small updates not a game changer at all!!????!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,978
    Lets see what qualifying brings tomorrow...

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,486






  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,486
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Doesnt look good at the moment. Looks like Singapore again. Cant undestand how we lost our competitiveness since Monza and the cars ar hardly evolved. Both are making small updates not a game changer at all!!????!!!
    Umm...we don't know whether upgrade worked or not. And it's foolish to make prediction based on Friday practice.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Somehow mercs solved their soft tyre issues. On the other side ferrari not able to do longer laps on HS tyre.
    They r lasting for only 1lap on ferrari, but with mercs ham did FL on 6th lap
    Pirelli probably changed the compound to suit Merc with out telling anyone...lol, how else can we explain it?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  16. #106
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Umm...we don't know whether upgrade worked or not. And it's foolish to make prediction based on Friday practice.
    Of course we dont now from FPs ,thats why i said "its looking, not it is".
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Pirelli probably changed the compound to suit Merc with out telling anyone...lol, how else can we explain it?
    This wouldn't surprise me at all. I feel like the deck has been stacked against this team over the past few seasons.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,977
    Can't wait for another shot at both titles next year
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

  19. #109
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Can't wait for another shot at both titles next year
    It’s becoming more and more likely that Championships won’t happen for Ferrari in this current formula. We can always hope though...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  20. #110
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    It’s becoming more and more likely that Championships won’t happen for Ferrari in this current formula. We can always hope though...
    With the current ballless top managent we will never win

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    With the current ballless top managent we will never win
    we have the engine now, our aero is up there, tire management seems to have gone backwards but it is very much doable. I wonder what would we have done if we kept the shorter wheelbase of last year but with this years engine?

  22. #112
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we must keep calm with our feet on the ground. Head down, keep working.
    lol.....famous words or Domenicali and now Arrivabene....lololol
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  23. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we must keep calm with our feet on the ground. Head down, keep working.
    Another MA in the forum

  24. #114
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    we have the engine now, our aero is up there, tire management seems to have gone backwards but it is very much doable. I wonder what would we have done if we kept the shorter wheelbase of last year but with this years engine?
    we would have WON only 2-3 races....mainly the street track races....

    the longer wheel base car is a more nimble car which is suited for all types of tracks....
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  25. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    3,486
    I don't think Ferrari turned up the engine yet. Hamilton did 33.9 in S1, which is all about straight and two 90-degree right-hand corners. Vettel's best was 34.2 on ultra softs.

    Bottas did 32.0 in S2, Vettel's best was 32.1. Ferrari and Mercedes were evenly matched in S3, Red Bull was fastest.

    Ferrari seems to be nowhere setup-wise but all can change tomorrow. (Also Mercedes was fastest in speed trap, especially in sector 2).

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me at all. I feel like the deck has been stacked against this team over the past few seasons.
    it has, Merc are buddy buddys with both Charlie/FIA and Pirelli For the past 4 years the deck has been stacked heavily in their favour and it continues.
    Ferrari have been fighting an uphill battle for years and just when we get close.. the rug is pulled out from under us and Merc leap ahead again.
    if it's not "dodgy" updates, its Pirelli changing the tyre spec to suit Merc.

    I honestly don't see this farce changing until the new spec of 2020/21. by then goldenboy will have lucked into more wins/more titles and wiped more of Schumi's records. :(

  27. #117
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't think Ferrari turned up the engine yet. Hamilton did 33.9 in S1, which is all about straight and two 90-degree right-hand corners. Vettel's best was 34.2 on ultra softs.

    Bottas did 32.0 in S2, Vettel's best was 32.1. Ferrari and Mercedes were evenly matched in S3, Red Bull was fastest.

    Ferrari seems to be nowhere setup-wise but all can change tomorrow. (Also Mercedes was fastest in speed trap, especially in sector 2).
    Something is very wrong, just look at our long run pace.... We are a sec slower that merc and rb

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    674
    Barring a series of Messiah-like drives from VET, a couple of DNFs for HAM or divine intervention - or all three - I do not see us winning either title this year.

    Bit fed up, to be honest. We have thrown away the realistic chances we did have; mistakes by team and drivers, an inability to keep up development-wise and up against the most organised team, the best car and the best driver of the day.

    Oh well, come on Norwich! #OTBC #ForzaFerrari
    We're doomed, Cap'n Mainwaring, doomed I tell ye!

  29. #119
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Something is very wrong, just look at our long run pace.... We are a sec slower that merc and rb
    Someone spilled our secrets? You don’t hear merc crying anymore about our “special modes”. Maybe they were able to copy-neutralize our performance gains.

    Or maybe it’s just business as usual for a Friday and the engine is tuned way down.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,670
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Something is very wrong, just look at our long run pace.... We are a sec slower that merc and rb
    I think Ferrari is suffering from tyre issues. Monza, Singapore & now Sochi.
    Either their updates didn’t work as expected or they r out developed by merc once again who brought their A game just like last year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •