Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Russian GP: Practices & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    sadly, you may be onto something about season already being over....but i will still be somewhat optimistic, at least until Q3 tomorrow.....If Merc (and by that i mean Luise) is still doing the better job and the team to beat come tomorrow and more importantly during Sunday's race.....then i'm afraid Seb can say BYE< BYE to the WDC this year....
    Trailing by 40 points with only 6 races to go, yet with an unsupportive team mate, it is really a mountain to climb for Seb to overcome the deficit. Unless the red cars are really dominant for the rest of the season, then it is really over now. Seb will only blame himself for losing the championship this year. After the German GP, I really sensed that it is s repeat of 2017 yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    sadly, you may be onto something about season already being over....but i will still be somewhat optimistic, at least until Q3 tomorrow.....If Merc (and by that i mean Luise) is still doing the better job and the team to beat come tomorrow and more importantly during Sunday's race.....then i'm afraid Seb can say BYE< BYE to the WDC this year....
    I called it. Ham will have it wrapped up by/in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by long2ma View Post
    Trailing by 40 points with only 6 races to go, yet with an unsupportive team mate, it is really a mountain to climb for Seb to overcome the deficit. Unless the red cars are really dominant for the rest of the season, then it is really over now. Seb will only blame himself for losing the championship this year. After the German GP, I really sensed that it is s repeat of 2017 yet again.

very very true, hopefully next year Ferrari establish the team support role earlier on so that we can maximize points and build the car around the stronger driver like mercs & mclaren have done this year. I really wonder if the strategy team is going to get away with its countless blunders unscathed. No S.M around and maybe they don't feel the immense pressure to get it right like Pre-Germany GPs. we just need one or two dnf's by ham or both ferrari's ahead of him the rest of the GPs which i think is even more impossible. Hopefully binotto has some final tricks unless the focus has been given towards next years car and thats why our development has gone so far downhill since the summerbreak.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Giovinazzi: "For the first time I have driven without the anxiety of having to prove something and it means so much"
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/28/...ace-on-friday/

Really good article with nice comparisons

How far were Ferrari hiding their true pace on Friday?
    As we’ve seen several times already this year, Ferrari tends to hold back more on Friday, then make a bigger step than its rivals on Saturday. Even so, its half-second disadvantage to Mercedes is greater than we’d normally expect to see.
    Has their new front wing not produced the desired gain in performance? Or were they going to greater lengths than usual to disguise the benefit from a very prominent upgrade.

If, tomorrow, the wing disappears from the car, we’ll know the former was the case. But the latter seems the likelier scenario, as indicated by a radio message to Sebastian Vettel during the session when he was unable to match the pace of one of the Saubers:

I hope Ferrari have something up their sleeve today. Even if the title is looking out of reach, we should win as many races as possible, and certainly improve on last year's total of five.

STR reverting back to the old PU's for the race.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoP8poBWsAEOQ72.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ocon needs to "cut the umbilical" from Mercedes/Toto and sever all ties with them.

early times, but Kimi's car is still slipping and sliding, losing the rear quite a lot

Vettel's first sector already better than yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ocon needs to "cut the umbilical" from Mercedes/Toto and sever all ties with them.
    Yes! btw i thought they putting russell in williaims? why cant they just put ocon in there instead

Clueless as what this is??? (Mclaren)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoQB0-GWsAAzDHf.jpg

lol we need a new sim driver, Get Wehrlein

Bottas matching Vet right away

Ferrari have dropped the boomerang wing on Kimi's car.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Yes! btw i thought they putting russell in williaims? why cant they just put ocon in there instead
    Bottas keeping the seat warm for Ocon. I guess Ocon's okay with taking a sabbatical for a year......that bites if I was Ocon; to sit out a whole year????

Bottas keeping the seat warm for Ocon. I guess Ocon's okay with taking a sabbatical for a year......that bites if I was Ocon; to sit out a whole year????
    exactly, he has actually driven really well and isnt as hot headed as Perez TBH, i think if Toto has any driver to put in a seat, Ocon has proved himself, 1 year off and he'l be going the wehrlein pipeline. than again Hope Ferrari picks up these drivers that mercs fail

Mercs are explosive in Sector 1 in the 33's on turned down practice engines

Both Ferrari drivers are running the flat lower plane... While Mercedes have stuck to the boomerang wings.

Both Ferrari drivers are running the flat lower plane... While Mercedes have stuck to the boomerang wings.
    damn

Leclerc looking good imagine another 6th place or better for the gem

vettel almost matching Bottas now.

Ted says both Ferrari cars making detailed changes to rear suspension, weird to do this in FP3 if the car's were already dialed in

Working on the rear suspension on both Ferrari cars.........ugh.

why is kimi so far off the pace

20mins to go before next session in Quali where Parc Femme rules apply, they better get the setup right, time is almost up

Mercedes can do 3 flying laps on those hypersofts including improving their lap times while the SF71H eats those tyres after one flying lap

Kimi must be on the wrong setup. Come on seb, put in a fast one.

Seb on track, let's see what he can do.