Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Russian GP: Practices & Qualifying

[QUOTE=JChan;990933]Told you guys, i stop watching F1, less 1 viewer of this ***** F1, I wanna boycott F1 to let FOM/FIA know that their is so BIAS behind Ferrari, EVERY NEW INNOVATION THEY WILL SCRUTINIZED FERRARI FROM BATTERY TO CAMERA, EVERY RACING ACCIDENT THEY WILL PUNISH FERRARI, but when it comes to Mercedes, ITS ALL RACING INCIDENT and the FLEXY WING IT'S ALL LEGAL!, if it's in court, where's the JUSTICE???????? FIA wanna let HAMILTON win 7x 8-9-10x Champion ? so he can surpass Schumi, FIA want a new FRANCHISE PLAYER???? a new CASH COW PLAYER?[/

Lutong Macau d'ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If, oh theres the famous word IF, Seb wins all rest of the races, Lewis finish 2nd, Seb will win WDC by 2 points.

I dont get why people here, again, get on here and start moaning about how its over. Its not over until its mathematically over. Think its too east to moan, and find thngs to moan about. Yes, it a massive ask, but hey . Anything can happen.
    Yes, but you are aware of the fact that Ferrari have been outscored by Merc at every race after Silverstone? Even at Spa where Seb won because Kimi didn't finish. So even if we are outscored again here in Russia it might not be enough to win every race left. How can it even be realistic to believe that if can't even gain a few points on Merc anywhere since the summer? We're running out of races at the same pace as the gap increases. But I did say that hope is the last thing that you lose.

Also, it's not Ferrari going backwards, it's Merc making massive steps forward. Look at the Q3 times, we're a lot quicker than last year. Even in relation to the tyres being softer this year than last year. But it's not enough as Merc have more in the pipeline when needed.

I wonder wt is Greig thinking about ..

This is absolute thrashing..!! Singapore was suppose to be our ground. When I saw that lap from ham, I was really shell shocked. Coming here again, I thought it’s down to tyres.

After set-up changes in FP3, I can conclude that Ferrari is really under pressure & no updates were working. Simple equation for it is they reverted to merc Style RW.

Mercs, oh hell they are still extracting everything from their car with the upgrades. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    This is absolute thrashing..!! Singapore was suppose to be our ground. When I saw that lap from ham, I was really shell shocked. Coming here again, I thought it’s down to tyres.

After set-up changes in FP3, I can conclude that Ferrari is really under pressure & no updates were working. Simple equation for it is they reverted to merc Style RW.

Mercs, oh hell they are still extracting everything from their car with the upgrades. Great.
    Merc was always fast in Singapore as well, it's just that Hamilton most of the time struggles there. Rosberg thrashed him in 2016, Singapore 2018 showed how poor Ferrari's chassis is. If not for the engine which is a close second to Mercedes, Ferrari would be fighting Force India.

Last year's chassis was good but engine was bad, this year's engine is good but chassis is bad.

Interesting from AS forum

So here is amus:

https://www.auto-mot...-russland-2018/

As I thought, Merc's updates helped a bit (but they account for less than a tenth per weekend), while Ferrari went backwards, and their impromptu attempts to solve it haven't worked.

Also, Renault's GPS measurements show that the "trick" effect is gone since Singapore, they're no longer gaining on the straights (that alone accounted for 4 tenths on all tracks where it was reported).

Looks like all of my observations are in line with what the teams found as well.

But

Anyone would think both cars got binned in quali by the reaction to our performance, and we do seem to be going backwards again. But we're still P3/4 and there is just a chance we can take the fight to Merc. The odds are against us once more and development seems to have lost its way, just like in previous seasons, and the car doesn't like the current tyres (Merc-influenced, I wonder), but Seb seemed fairly upbeat after quali so it's not unreasonable to hope for a turnaround in our fortunes in the race. I'm clutching at straws, I know, and at least I'm prepared for yet more disappointment if it happens.

It is not that MB has gained half a second, but is our car that has been detuned by half a second. It is impossible to gain it within a month. If you see the difference MB has with other cars is almost the same. I have told you and I am still saying that we will give the titles to them.

Why didn’t ferrari go for HS with one of their car in q2??? This would have given few options in the race, atleast with one car. Nothing to loose.

Am I wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Anyone would think both cars got binned in quali by the reaction to our performance, and we do seem to be going backwards again. But we're still P3/4 and there is just a chance we can take the fight to Merc. The odds are against us once more and development seems to have lost its way, just like in previous seasons, and the car doesn't like the current tyres (Merc-influenced, I wonder), but Seb seemed fairly upbeat after quali so it's not unreasonable to hope for a turnaround in our fortunes in the race. I'm clutching at straws, I know, and at least I'm prepared for yet more disappointment if it happens.
    does he know something we don't?

btw, if Bottas gets the better start, do you guys think Merc will let him win the race?

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Told you guys, i stop watching F1, less 1 viewer of this ***** F1, I wanna boycott F1 to let FOM/FIA know that their is so BIAS behind Ferrari, EVERY NEW INNOVATION THEY WILL SCRUTINIZED FERRARI FROM BATTERY TO CAMERA, EVERY RACING ACCIDENT THEY WILL PUNISH FERRARI, but when it comes to Mercedes, ITS ALL RACING INCIDENT and the FLEXY WING IT'S ALL LEGAL!, if it's in court, where's the JUSTICE???????? FIA wanna let HAMILTON win 7x 8-9-10x Champion ? so he can surpass Schumi, FIA want a new FRANCHISE PLAYER???? a new CASH COW PLAYER?
    Soooo, your upset then???

Actually, with all the scrutinizing, this all started and ended by Ferrari and drivers not maximising the points when it had the chance.

[scratching head] How Ironic? Mercedes had tire issues all the way through mid-season (okay, 3 tracks are debatable) but all of a sudden Ferrari is having tire issues on the last leg (6 races remaining....maybe Singapore too....so 7).

Ferrari has got alot of work (and issues) ahead of us for 2019.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Soooo, your upset then???

Actually, with all the scrutinizing, this all started and ended by Ferrari and drivers not maximising the points when it had the chance.

[scratching head] How Ironic? Mercedes had tire issues all the way through mid-season (okay, 3 tracks are debatable) but all of a sudden Ferrari is having tire issues on the last leg (6 races remaining....maybe Singapore too....so 7).

Ferrari has got alot of work (and issues) ahead of us for 2019.
    Yup, they should do lot of testing ahead of 2019.

Also to me spec3 from ferrari is nothing special as spec2. But for merc spec3 did deliver huge improvement.

So down beat already.

Its a big ask, but still do-able. We have a better phase on starting, long drag to T2, think we going be better tomorrow. My fear is Bottas playing rear gunner and blocking both Seb and Kimi if we get good starts.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Attacking from 2nd row

Seb and Kimi looking forward to race opportunities

Sochi, September 29 – The qualifying session ended with P3 and P4 for Seb and Kimi respectively. Both drivers used two sets of Hypersoft tyres for their Q3 runs, but managed to make the cut in Q2 with the Options (Ultrasoft), which will be the ones they start on tomorrow, thus being able to count on running a longer first stint for the 53-lap race.

SEB: I think the car today was better than yesterday. The session was fine, and I think we could use our car to its full potential, there was nothing wrong with it, but we just weren’t very fast enough. Nevertheless, the race is tomorrow, and if I can bring the good feeling I had towards the end of the session into the race, then I think we are in a good position. For sure, I want to do everything well and I think that there is a chance to overtake after the start. We need a good getaway-but not too good, otherwise you end up giving the other guy a tow!

KIMI: Today In qualifying our car was the best we have seen this weekend . On my last attempt in Q3 I had a pretty good lap going , but then one of the Mercedes backed off in front of me and the lap did not come together. The feeling with the car was pretty good, but obviously it was not enough. Overall, It looks like we are a bit behind here, and it has been like this all weekend so far. Obviously it’s not ideal, but it is what it is. This is not an easy place to overtake, but tomorrow we’ll do our best and see what happens.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

It is not the tyres, but the engine. Ferrari engine is calculated to fit the tyres in it's power. When you have it detuned it will destroy the tyres because of its ratio mode. It is a mystery to have our engine lower that used to be.

he's in a closet crying and not believing his own eyes that ferrari is down HALF a second in PURE QUALI PACE.....but yet still thinks that this years WDC is still possible....when pigs fly, maybe.....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

don't know if its really PRESSURE htey're under....OR just LOST as to WHY nothing is working anymore....from set up to tires to the advantage we had ENGINE wise....or did WE??? Maybe Merc's were jsut playing with us all along....it wuldn't surprise me
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

quite a contrast between Seb and Kimi's words there. Seb sounds more positive.

Like I said before, in my opinion we lost any car advantage for quite some time, this is nothing new. Now my conclusion is that we lost the development war since Monza. So now we have a weaker car, weaker drivers and of course amateurish pit wall. They wanted to got out when the practice season was ending ? Really ? There's no way we will win any championship this year and my feeling is that if Honda makes a competitive engine next year, Newey will build a rocket next year.

TBH thinking about closing the forum down as there is no point in having it anymore

Or maybe I will just keep supporting and believing in my team, tough choice.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Like I said before, in my opinion we lost any car advantage for quite some time, this is nothing new. Now my conclusion is that we lost the development war since Monza. So now we have a weaker car, weaker drivers and of course amateurish pit wall. They wanted to got out when the practice season was ending ? Really ? There's no way we will win any championship this year and my feeling is that if Honda makes a competitive engine next year, Newey will build a rocket next year.
    RedBull/Honda.....the big unkown for 2019 but they(Honda) have showed progress in the hp dept for 2018...surpassing Renault. They will take pts away from MB & Ferrari if they find another 30hp to 40hp.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Told you guys, i stop watching F1, less 1 viewer of this ***** F1, I wanna boycott F1 to let FOM/FIA know that their is so BIAS behind Ferrari, EVERY NEW INNOVATION THEY WILL SCRUTINIZED FERRARI FROM BATTERY TO CAMERA, EVERY RACING ACCIDENT THEY WILL PUNISH FERRARI, but when it comes to Mercedes, ITS ALL RACING INCIDENT and the FLEXY WING IT'S ALL LEGAL!, if it's in court, where's the JUSTICE???????? FIA wanna let HAMILTON win 7x 8-9-10x Champion ? so he can surpass Schumi, FIA want a new FRANCHISE PLAYER???? a new CASH COW PLAYER?
    That is quite possible tbh, Lewis is the darling of the FIA right now and he basically owns F1 and can get away with anything, as can Merc. So yeah, maybe you're onto something.

Vettel: "Tbh Mercedes are faster on the straights, corners. Especially in the last sector, we had difficulties. At the end in quali it was a little better, the car was absolutely okay. We were on the limit and it was not enough!"
    A Mercedes engineer said that Ferrari should have let one car qualify on Hypersofts.

"If we were in Ferrari‘s position, we would have let one car qualify on hypersofts. They don‘t have any threat from the back (RB). They have nothing to lose."
    [AMuS] Mercedes engineers: "It‘s not like we made a huge step forward. It‘s just Ferrari took a step backwards."
    Helmut Marko also said that if they would have driven normally and didn‘t take any grid penalties, they would have qualified infront of both Ferrari‘s.
    Vettel: "We've brought some updates, but it seems to me we have not made the best of it yet. I can’t deny that Mercedes is very fast. What gives me a positive feeling for Sunday - the car‘s balance was okay."
    Vettel: "I wouldn‘t necessarily say frustration. Obviously it‘s not a good news for us. I think against the general attitude when it comes to the balance of power, the results are not a surprise."
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    It is not the tyres, but the engine. Ferrari engine is calculated to fit the tyres in it's power. When you have it detuned it will destroy the tyres because of its ratio mode. It is a mystery to have our engine lower that used to be.
    were you the guy that said to mark your words, that mercs are playing around etc right at the beginning? cause you were very much right
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

YuP, the horrid incompetence at practice today sums up a lot

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Interesting from AS forum

So here is amus:

https://www.auto-mot...-russland-2018/

As I thought, Merc's updates helped a bit (but they account for less than a tenth per weekend), while Ferrari went backwards, and their impromptu attempts to solve it haven't worked.

Also, Renault's GPS measurements show that the "trick" effect is gone since Singapore, they're no longer gaining on the straights (that alone accounted for 4 tenths on all tracks where it was reported).

Looks like all of my observations are in line with what the teams found as well.

But
    Our development since post-silverstone has been garbage and the pitwall are like headless chickens