Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920
Results 571 to 593 of 593

Thread: 2018 Russian Grand Prix: Race Thread (race starts @ 12:10pm UK time)

  1. #571
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    You need to watch Austria 2002, message from JT, MSC & Rubens post race exchange in parc ferme, Podium behaviour & post race press conference. You will find many similarities from yesterday’s race. Don’t be bitter just because rivals did it. This was not the first time & this won’t be the last time, it will keep happening.
    Please, don't compare races from 18 years ago. We also used to test 24-7-365...F1 has changed drastically since then. We were also fined heavily for the team orders in the past and rules were created to prevent it. Whats worse is that every time Ferrari 'favour' one driver Sky goes crazy, yet yesterday complete silence from the sky boys. Some websites actually went as far as agreeing with Toto. It just strengthens my position on how biased this sport has become towards Hamilton and Mercedes. This is not only coming from a Ferrari fan, but a racing fan - as long as Hamilton is in F1, the fans will be robbed of a proper championship.

    Read this junk. I can guarantee had it been Ferrari this Ham fanboy would be singing a different tune -

    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...lewis-hamilton

    Mercedes would have been stupid to let Valtteri Bottas beat Lewis Hamilton
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,455
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    Just as Vandoorne was to wipe the floor with alonso.
    One is a world champ for a reason
    Correction: 2x world champ.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    Just as Vandoorne was to wipe the floor with alonso.
    One is a world champ for a reason
    Vandoorne had the misfortune of racing against arguably the greatest driver of this generation who probably has more backing from his team.

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Please, don't compare races from 18 years ago. We also used to test 24-7-365...F1 has changed drastically since then. We were also fined heavily for the team orders in the past and rules were created to prevent it. Whats worse is that every time Ferrari 'favour' one driver Sky goes crazy, yet yesterday complete silence from the sky boys. Some websites actually went as far as agreeing with Toto. It just strengthens my position on how biased this sport has become towards Hamilton and Mercedes. This is not only coming from a Ferrari fan, but a racing fan - as long as Hamilton is in F1, the fans will be robbed of a proper championship.

    Read this junk. I can guarantee had it been Ferrari this Ham fanboy would be singing a different tune -

    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...lewis-hamilton

    Mercedes would have been stupid to let Valtteri Bottas beat Lewis Hamilton
    I’m comparing team orders, both cases very similar. Moreover it’s legal to do now so I’m not understanding what’s the issue? Is the media you are bothered about? Really? We all know British media (majority perhaps but not all journalists) will back Brit drivers & Brit teams & will try to put Ferrari down, but do you really care what they write? Personally I don’t
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  5. #575
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,977
    Not sure what all the fuss is about team orders. Hamilton just emulating MS really. What I cannot believe is why SF have been so reluctant to do the same on several occasions this year???
    Post Sergio Marchionne era feels a bit like Brexit
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ferrari Car
    Posts
    1,777
    Ferrari: "Kimi, do the opposite to Hamilton please."

    Kimi: [perplexed] "But I cannot even see him?"




  7. #577
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Not sure what all the fuss is about team orders. Hamilton just emulating MS really. What I cannot believe is why SF have been so reluctant to do the same on several occasions this year???
    Post Sergio Marchionne era feels a bit like Brexit
    Yep
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  8. #578
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,455

  9. #579
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Not sure what all the fuss is about team orders. Hamilton just emulating MS really. What I cannot believe is why SF have been so reluctant to do the same on several occasions this year???
    Post Sergio Marchionne era feels a bit like Brexit
    I’m just a frustrated Ferrari fan I guess...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,168
    I doubt Ham will win the title by fewer than 7 points, and the order of a 1-2 finish is irrelevant for WCC.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I doubt Ham will win the title by fewer than 7 points, and the order of a 1-2 finish is irrelevant for WCC.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    He may be right with the current form of Ferrari performance
    Back to my good ol sayin, sad but true!

    Ferrari since Monza, seem to have no answer to the Merc resurgence
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  13. #583
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    282
    Lewis Hamiltons tires after the race (rears)
    Pirelli as a tire supplier are crap and support Merc.
    Would rather see Hankook as the new supplier.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,476
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...96340136218624

    is seb allowed to do this?? lol at this point punishment wouldnt matter but dang
    he was just looking to see the "blister"
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    he was just looking to see the "blister"
    thought fia will find a reason to penalise him like Austria
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  16. #586
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    thought fia will find a reason to penalise him like Austria
    5 Grid Spot Penalty this weekend incoming.

  17. #587
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    thought fia will find a reason to penalise him like Austria
    austria was different mate, he deserved that penalty by blocking someone on a HOT LAP.....no excuse for a 4 time WDC driver to make these rookie mistakes....and of course also the PIT wall has been so mediocre this year also; they should have let him know that Sainz was on a hot lap and behind him
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  18. #588
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    austria was different mate, he deserved that penalty by blocking someone on a HOT LAP.....no excuse for a 4 time WDC driver to make these rookie mistakes....and of course also the PIT wall has been so mediocre this year also; they should have let him know that Sainz was on a hot lap and behind him
    But even sainz told Fia that he is fine and dont think they should penalise vettel since he made it through that session of quali on that lap anyway.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  19. #589
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, people thinks he is gonna wipe the floor with Vettel, and he is not doing that with Ericsson.
    Nobody is thinking or expecting Leclerc to wipe the floor with vettel. If he pushes vettel to the extreme limit or outperform vettel that’s a bonus for the team.

    Team did consider him because
    1) long term
    2) pressure on vettel (to avoid mistakes from him n be perfect)
    3) if he performs as per expectations, that’s gonna give hard time for mercs too.
    4) team harmony (as he is new there will be no disturbances)

  20. #590
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariDave View Post
    It's been questionable but after the Russian GP I think the truth is now out that Merc have figured out our engine "tricks" 100%. We saw in Spa that Ferrari had the upper hand, and we are reminded by Lewis' comments after that race that Ferrari had some "tricks" and Merc had better figure them out (they most likely knew already the solution but just needed to implement) Come Monza they were back on form although it was masked a bit by our qualifying and Seb's 1st lap spin, ultimately Merc won that race. Singapore and now Russia, two very different track layouts, and Merc has taken both with ease. We will need to develop even more but we definitely need to figuring out our tyre deg. At this point if I were management I would say we should probably shift focus even more to next year, maybe introduce some engine upgrades this year even if it means taking a penalty.. not sure if that can be done though.

    Further, after our losses where we thought we could have won; Germany, Hungary, Monza, Singapore and now with confirmation of Merc ahead of us in Russia, I feel Ferrari management will have no trouble shifting more to next year. Just like the decision to promote Leclerc, MA has confirmed after Russia by saying he will control the ship with a long term vision. ie. We had our chance, but it didn't work out, we must keep pushing but looking long term and not at the "what ifs"

    Lastly, Another dismal day for Kimi in Russia unfortunately. I know this is becoming a bit of an old and controversial topic but it is about time we see Kimi leaving at the end of the season. He has been consistent, respected, entertaining off track, and who knows how much he has contributed to what we have on track. He is also a great name and marketing tool; I have friends who don't know F1 from Nascar but they know the name Raikkonen and even know he drives a Ferrari. He has been good and had a few moments on track where you see the old kimi but he is not the racer he once was. Age, technology, car characteristics, setup, or whatever the reason, he just can't get the job done on race day and it has been many years of seeing this happen every race and every "battle" he is involved in. It also doesn't help that he brings a slight aura of "not so good luck". It's frustrating and I can just imagine trying to strategize with the unknowns he brings on race day. For sure it will be a big change to see him move on but I will not miss the usual excuse of "the tyres just weren't working in the first stint" and with his departure will bring a new life to Ferrari going into the next few years I can assure you that. It's been a long time that we have been on the Kimi bandwagon, it's good to know he will still be around with Sauber that's for sure.

    Our team's tried and tested views, visions, and philosophies of how we run as an F1 team have given us many victories, championships, and moments that will last a lifetime. We cannot forget that but at the same time we have gone too long without a championship and seeing some of the bold changes we are making is promising; we need to come up with a hybrid of new and old thinking and make a few policy changes to modernize in this progressively fast moving world. I'm very interested to see what will come about with some fresh thinking.

    Still hoping our car dominates in Japan. See you guys soon!

    Forza Ferrari
    Dismal race for Kimi? He finished a few seconds behind Seb and brought home some good championship points. Mercedes was out of reach today, if Kimi would have gotten 3rd, people would complain not letting Seb bye, if he is 4th you complain about his place.

  21. #591
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Dismal race for Kimi? He finished a few seconds behind Seb and brought home some good championship points. Mercedes was out of reach today, if Kimi would have gotten 3rd, people would complain not letting Seb bye, if he is 4th you complain about his place.
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Nobody is thinking or expecting Leclerc to wipe the floor with vettel. If he pushes vettel to the extreme limit or outperform vettel that’s a bonus for the team.

    Team did consider him because
    1) long term
    2) pressure on vettel (to avoid mistakes from him n be perfect)
    3) if he performs as per expectations, that’s gonna give hard time for mercs too.
    4) team harmony (as he is new there will be no disturbances)
    What long term, when Ferrari has a race winning car, they should go for the kill
    The safe bet that Ferrari implemented has failed. They should have right away roped in either Ricciardo or Alonso. By doing so there would have been a greater probability that if Sebastian had a bad day, Ricciardo or Alonso would have denied the Mercedes a win. But i don't know which strategy book Ferrari are following. It works for Mercedes to have that no. 1 and wingman thing but they have a faster car, we should have had some one who could have made their lives difficult on track. And then Alonso comes to my mind.
    Damn you Fernando, you made yours and our days worse.

  22. #592
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    What long term, when Ferrari has a race winning car, they should go for the kill
    The safe bet that Ferrari implemented has failed. They should have right away roped in either Ricciardo or Alonso. By doing so there would have been a greater probability that if Sebastian had a bad day, Ricciardo or Alonso would have denied the Mercedes a win. But i don't know which strategy book Ferrari are following. It works for Mercedes to have that no. 1 and wingman thing but they have a faster car, we should have had some one who could have made their lives difficult on track. And then Alonso comes to my mind.
    Damn you Fernando, you made yours and our days worse.
    Yeah.

  23. #593
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    What long term, when Ferrari has a race winning car, they should go for the kill
    The safe bet that Ferrari implemented has failed. They should have right away roped in either Ricciardo or Alonso. By doing so there would have been a greater probability that if Sebastian had a bad day, Ricciardo or Alonso would have denied the Mercedes a win. But i don't know which strategy book Ferrari are following. It works for Mercedes to have that no. 1 and wingman thing but they have a faster car, we should have had some one who could have made their lives difficult on track. And then Alonso comes to my mind.
    Damn you Fernando, you made yours and our days worse.
    We had the faster car till Spa, so wingman theory was still not working for us like it works for Mercedes. A mistake has now been sorted, let's see if the solution works or not--- 2019
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •