Page 1 of 20 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Russian Grand Prix: Race Thread (race starts @ 12:10pm UK time)

2018 Russian Grand Prix: Race Thread (race starts @ 12:10pm UK time)

Find it strange that Merc and Ferrari opted for totally different tyre choices but at the end, they’re identical

wow the forum is quiet today.

P2 at max. I won’t be surprised if we finish 3rd & 4th as it is or even higher as RB is behind. They will make up the ground

It's the damn tyres again which will affect our chances, we used to be so good at managing the degradation and Merc were rubbish, it all changed after Merc had their 'special' tyres for those 3 races. I smell a rat and think that they've been changed in Merc's favour, and I'm not sure that we don't also have a rat on the pit wall! And that's without our performance dropping off inexplicably since Monza, Seb's mistakes and strategic errors. It seems a done deal for HAM and Merc to look all-conquering this season, but I'm sure the F1 fans in general (except the HAM-lovers) would relish a red victory. We can but hope.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's the damn tyres again which will affect our chances, we used to be so good at managing the degradation and Merc were rubbish, it all changed after Merc had their 'special' tyres for those 3 races. I smell a rat and think that they've been changed in Merc's favour, and I'm not sure that we don't also have a rat on the pit wall! And that's without our performance dropping off inexplicably since Monza, Seb's mistakes and strategic errors. It seems a done deal for HAM and Merc to look all-conquering this season, but I'm sure the F1 fans in general (except the HAM-lovers) would relish a red victory. We can but hope.
    getting more and more suspicious the dumber decisions they make
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    P2 at max. I won’t be surprised if we finish 3rd & 4th as it is or even higher as RB is behind. They will make up the ground
    same dude, but i have a feeling turn one carnage is about due especially on cold tyres and brakes. RB have focused on the perfect race setup and will have the faster tyre towards the end of the GP, if Seb can beat them i think that will be tough alone considering how awful the car's tyre deg is at the moment
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Max is gonna win on his bday, ok maybe not.

It’s been a while his Verstappen website is updated with crash result . wishing him a happy bday

I'm hoping for a great result in today's race. Yesterday the West Coast Eagles, my football team (Aussie rules) won the grand final in an awesome game. They were written off at the start of the year with some pundits predicting they would finish last. They lost 3 key players towards the end of the season but they were still crowned Premiers for 2018.
    So I'm hoping that result rubs off on my other favorite team, Ferrari and we pull off an awesome win today also!
    EaglesWin2018GrandFinal.jpg

It’s been a while his Verstappen website is updated with crash result . wishing him a happy bday

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    I'm hoping for a great result in today's race. Yesterday the West Coast Eagles, my football team (Aussie rules) won the grand final in an awesome game. They were written off at the start of the year with some pundits predicting they would finish last. They lost 3 key players towards the end of the season but they were still crowned Premiers for 2018.
    So I'm hoping that result rubs off on my other favorite team, Ferrari and we pull off an awesome win today also!
    EaglesWin2018GrandFinal.jpg

Ricciardo got up early yesterday to watch them. He was cheering for them as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Pirelli is absolute crap

Seb and Bot hopefully replay from last year

Sooo the track is damp right now.....drizzle....sprinkles....might rain today.

Sooo the track is damp right now.....drizzle....sprinkles....might rain today.
    It stopped raining.

Seb will need to have a cracker of a start to be able to challenge the Mercs. Maybe a Paul Ricard scenario where he hits one of them. That's at least a 50% chance of a Merc DNF or a spin. That's at least 50% more than just cruising around behind knowing Merc will just mirror us. He just needs to go for it if he sees a gap. Kimi shouldn't lose out to Magnussen on the first lap.

If nothing happens at the start then the only thing left is to hope for a Merc DNF for 53 laps. Ferrari have 4 DNFs, Merc have 2 and one race where Bottas didn't score any points (Seb also only scored P8 in China). The WCC would be closer if Merc would have one more. It would be a different discussion if we would be 19-20 points behind instead of 37, and going conservative and for damage limitation in that case would be more acceptable.

FIA banned Ferrari’s ice-bag couple of races ago...!! Is it anything related to that they have lost performance???

FIA banned Ferrari’s ice-bag couple of races ago...!! Is it anything related to that they have lost performance???
    was banned from monza so i doubt it, maybe ferrari have detuned there engines a bit for reliability, we've seen last year how awful reliability got when we were desperate for updates.

I don't think so. They have substituted another contraption in its place.

risk of rain for start of race climbed to 30-40% even though most radars said completely dry before the morning

FerrariSteve Guest
    Please please please let goldenboy's seemingly eternal run of good luck end today!

Go Seb, Go Kimi!

so much weight on his shoulders, still smiling , hope we finally get some luck, we have been due for months now, although rain means another merc 1 - 2

Anyone has a stream?

Apparently the new rear wing ferrari brought this week was absolutely terrible with tyre deg, they had zero choice but to go back to old one, so cold weather will help us here with our tyre issues, but not rain

I don't think so. They have substituted another contraption in its place.
    But still is the new solution causing any problems ???