Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese GP 2018 Build up

I will make the effort to watch the qualy. If we score 5th and 6th, then I’m not waking up early Sunday to watch the Mercfest. Never again. I truly hope the FIA flops and goes belly up.

Sergio was absolutely inspired when he contemplated leaving the FIA altogether and create a new racing series. As is, Formula One is a despicable spectacle.
    Last edited by doublesixes; 3rd October 2018 at 03:17.

The future of F-1 is safe!! 3 or 4 colors only, Max, Charles , Antonio!! Team orders are openly admitted by everyone; finally; it my stop or at least only at the end of the season , not from race one. F I A exposed for what they should not be doing. IMO Todt worked for Michael, not Ferrari, or he would at least tried to calm down the Merc favoritisms.
    Ferrari will return as F 1 at it's best!!

I wonder where RB would be today if Ferrari had supplied them with engines, just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I wonder where RB would be today if Ferrari had supplied them with engines, just a thought
    How many times has Ferrari supplied another team with their engines and lost the championship! That has to stop! Seb has to say stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How many times has Ferrari supplied another team with their engines and lost the championship! That has to stop! Seb has to say stop!!
    huh? never?

and what has it to do with Seb?

Ferrari to run a new livery for Suzuka.

I've got pics of the cars....but they are covered and or shielded at the moment.

The new "livery" could mean just some added stickers.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

I've got pics of the cars....but they are covered and or shielded at the moment.

A new livery?!? We are behind in points, and they bring a new livery? I want speed infusing aero updates! Or jet powered engine upgrades!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    huh? never?

and what has it to do with Seb?
    I read here in more than one posts, not only does Seb drive; but he takes care of all the other team responsibilities, and that's why he makes, mistakes on the track come race time. Too much responsibilities put on a driver.
    Huh, never, is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    [video]https://api.motorsport.tv/embed/czYCd3Eq-ferrari-philip-morris-stickers-teaser?autoplay&t=00m00s[/url]
    thanks Rob. It's a Philip Morris teaser. My android phone plays it.

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

I read here in more than one posts, not only does Seb drive; but he takes care of all the other team responsibilities, and that's why he makes, mistakes on the track come race time. Too much responsibilities put on a driver.
    I would'nt say "he takes care of all the other team responsibilities" but he has takes care of some of the responsibilities and questions what he gets over team radio when it happens. Quite different than Mercedes camp and that's because Toto wants it that way; let the driver focus on driving or racing the car. Yes, at times Mercedes makes errors but Lewis is confident what he gets over team radio....most of the time.

This puts more added pressure on the driver and in Vettels case, he does'nt need it and mistakes happen even more so.

Mercedes brought a super wide rear wing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DokfYRKW4AASxTT.jpg

How exciting. At least the car will look fresh when it's sitting third in the winner's circle.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    How exciting. At least the car will look fresh when it's sitting third in the winner's circle.
    Where it once had Marlboro in big letters, now it needs HELP!

Where it once had Marlboro in big letters, now it needs HELP!
    ha, ha.....u hit the nail right on the head mate....so true

ever since the FIA/MIA with the help from Merc clipped our wings about the extra power we were having, of course due to loop hole Ferrari may have found, we seem to have lost our speed.....WELL IT WAS GOOD WHILE IT LASTED.....and we gave Merc a good run for their money......man, were they ever running around like some chickens with their head cut off......and OFF they went to the FIA and started crying and demanded that htey so something about it......WELL THEY DID
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Pirelli are bringing the same compounds as last year, medium, soft and supersoft, but the tyres are one step softer than last year. Last year it was possible to run a one-stopper on the the supersoft and soft or vice versa (the top teams started on different tyres). That will probably not be possible this year if it's dry. But a S-M race, or vice versa, should be possible as it will be like last year. Question again is if it's possible to get out of Q2 on the softs or not? If yes a S-M race can be the quickest way but it's not 100% sure. I believe the performance gap between the medium and the supersoft will be bigger than between the hardest and softest compounds at the last races (even without the compound gap). Suzuka is hard on the tyres because of all the different corner types. It might open up the chance to use the supersofts for a two-stopper and therefor being able to push more in each stint. While the mediums will last forever the pace over one lap might be over 1 second slower. If it's dry Suzuka is most likely the last race this year that may give us a forced two-stopper.

Anyway, all the above doesn't matter if Merc won't have a DNF with one of their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Pirelli are bringing the same compounds as last year, medium, soft and supersoft, but the tyres are one step softer than last year. Last year it was possible to run a one-stopper on the the supersoft and soft or vice versa (the top teams started on different tyres). That will probably not be possible this year if it's dry. But a S-M race, or vice versa, should be possible as it will be like last year. Question again is if it's possible to get out of Q2 on the softs or not? If yes a S-M race can be the quickest way but it's not 100% sure. I believe the performance gap between the medium and the supersoft will be bigger than between the hardest and softest compounds at the last races (even without the compound gap). Suzuka is hard on the tyres because of all the different corner types. It might open up the chance to use the supersofts for a two-stopper and therefor being able to push more in each stint. While the mediums will last forever the pace over one lap might be over 1 second slower. If it's dry Suzuka is most likely the last race this year that may give us a forced two-stopper.

Anyway, all the above doesn't matter if Merc won't have a DNF with one of their cars.
    most importantly "two chains" Merc....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    A new livery?!? We are behind in points, and they bring a new livery? I want speed infusing aero updates! Or jet powered engine upgrades!
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    True!
    the car used to look good all RED, i loved it....now the're infusing some white crap liveries on it......BLAHHHHHH

at least if it was fastest of all, then i wouldn't have cared that much.....but it's not even that, so double BLAHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    So according to you Ferrari just twiddling their thumbs and not doing any work whatsoever?

Guess it feels nice to **** on Ferrari at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So according to you Ferrari just twiddling their thumbs and not doing any work whatsoever?

nobody's saying they're twiddling their thumbs, is just that whatever they are doing (looking for loop holes in the rules book to get ahead of Merc) is clearly NOT working, cause they're gonna get caught every time....so they're going to have to dig DEEPER and come up with legal stuff that is fast in order to beat the Mercs fair an square....

i'm afraid that is NOT gonna happen this year....maybe next

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Can't you take a joke, jeez...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ha, ha.....u hit the nail right on the head mate....so true

ever since the FIA/MIA with the help from Merc clipped our wings about the extra power we were having, of course due to loop hole Ferrari may have found, we seem to have lost our speed.....WELL IT WAS GOOD WHILE IT LASTED.....and we gave Merc a good run for their money......man, were they ever running around like some chickens with their head cut off......and OFF they went to the FIA and started crying and demanded that htey so something about it......WELL THEY DID
    If the FIA is going to employ multiple sensors on one team, or scrutinize A team to the enth degree, then the same criteria should apply to all teams.

If the FIA is going to employ multiple sensors on one team, or scrutinize A team to the enth degree, then the same criteria should apply to all teams.
    If they did that then how would they guarantee that Merc/Hamilton wins every available title under this current formula? LOL
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    If they did that then how would they guarantee that Merc/Hamilton wins every available title under this current formula? LOL
    Ha ha

But seriously though, Ferrari should shout "F1 Harassement" as to why they have been singled out, "harassed" and scrutinized. This 2018 season is clearly " an agenda" biased year for Ferrari IMO from the FIA.

I honestly believe Lewis got wind of this when he said that Ferrari must be using some tricks. How coincidental that we find out a 2nd sensor was implemented and all of a sudden we have a loss in power.

It has all the writings of a conspiracy towards the Scuderia.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

totally agree.....but that OTHER team is hand in hand with the FIA.....so is like barking at a wrong tree....

i keep on wondering, HOW is Mercedes getting the extra power to stay ahead of us???? if within the current rules ONE team can only get so much out of it??? are they also cheating with soem clever "tricks"???

Ferrari just has to go back to the drawing board and dig DEEPER and find more power legally within the rules....because by exploiting the loop holes we seem to get caught

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    AMEN to that.....the FIA and MIA are working together so that can be made happen....so by the end of 2020 (because 2021 with major aero rules implemented and possible on the engine side too), LUISE will have 7 WDC's

Ha ha

But seriously though, Ferrari should shout "F1 Harassement" as to why they have been singled out, "harassed" and scrutinized. This 2018 season is clearly " an agenda" biased year for Ferrari IMO from the FIA.

I honestly believe Lewis got wind of this when he said that Ferrari must be using some tricks. How coincidental that we find out a 2nd sensor was implemented and all of a sudden we have a loss in power.

for that to happen my friend, we HAVE to first of all hire a team principal that actually has a SPINE and A BIG pair of COJONES.......someting MA is lacking big time.....spineless JELLY fish that he is....he's jsut as bad as Domenicali ever was.....

Ha ha

Yeah your 2 cents ignore the fact that Ferrari is the only team on the grid employing the double battery and thus the only team on the grid requiring a unique set of sensor arrangements.