Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Japanese GP 2018 Build up

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    the car used to look good all RED, i loved it....now the're infusing some white crap liveries on it......BLAHHHHHH

at least if it was fastest of all, then i wouldn't have cared that much.....but it's not even that, so double BLAHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Yeah your 2 cents ignore the fact that Ferrari is the only team on the grid employing the double battery and thus the only team on the grid requiring a unique set of sensor arrangements.
    But the 1st sensor deemed everything with the batteries legal; and were constantly being monitored with regards to harvesting and deployment. Why the 2nd sensor all of a sudden?? What did the FIA know or did'nt know up to employing a 2nd sensor?? Someone had to have given the FIA the complexities of how these systems work and where to put this 2nd sensor. The FIA are smart....but not that smart.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    But the 1st sensor deemed everything with the batteries legal; and were constantly being monitored with regards to harvesting and deployment. Why the 2nd sensor all of a sudden?? What did the FIA know or did'nt know up to employing a 2nd sensor?? Someone had to have given the FIA the complexities of how these systems work and where to put this 2nd sensor. The FIA are smart....but not that smart.
    ^this......probalby FIA gave the blue prints of how our system works to the Mercedes adn THEY told the FIA to tell Ferrari EXACTLY WHERE TO PUT THAT SENSOR.....and ever since then Ferrari had to dial back the power because probably it would have shown that we are harvesting and deploying WAY more power then intended by the rules....HENCE we lost our speed that made our car faster then them Merc...

so now both the FIA and Mercedes are happy....and we are :(
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

So here's the new livery that will adorn the rear wing.

MISSION AND..........WINNOW?????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dom6EgmU0AAQ1h0.jpg

If the FIA is going to employ multiple sensors on one team, or scrutinize A team to the enth degree, then the same criteria should apply to all teams.
    Maybe the other teams are not "cheating" and hoping to get away with it though? We have been caught time to get over it and hope we have better solutions that are legal. F1 is pretty much self-policed and if we believe others are bending the rules then we speak to the FIA about it.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Merc 4W steering replicating mech is actually being discussed on Italian websites. Documented by Giorgio Piola on a link i posted yesterday. But anyways I wanted to believe it could be the reason but am more inclined to believe MGP had more grunt on tap.
    It's not 4WS. Mercs have devised a way to "simulate" RWS. This system is integrated in the rear suspension hidden within the gearbox/differential housing. 4WS is banned.

"How can the effects of steering wheels be achieved? Combining the good operation of the hydraulic suspension with the brake by wire, the differential and some engine functions."

Our MISSON is to WIN NOW! To bad they won’t...2021 first shot at a WCC and WDC. Who knows, maybe RB, McLaren or Williams will be promised or will have bought dominance for the next formula. Depends on how FIA and Liberty want to sway it. This stuff is cyclical afterall...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Vettel: "Within a week you can not do anything differently. Let's hope we close the gap. We closed the gap and took out the maximum out of the car. Hopefully, in race pace we will be quicker"

Vettel: "You always enjoy racing someone on track but last weekend he came out on top and he enjoyed it more. We did not have alot of wheel to wheel racing. These days racing is different then it was years ago. You don't spend alot of time with one another..."

Vettel: "We have a strong car but I don't think against the peoples opinion that we have a dominant car. The races that you mentioned we did not have the stronger car. We were close but not close enough. There were some races were we were close and others not close enough"

Vettel; "How do you know about our technical direction? We have not lost direction.. we have been bringing new bits to the cars but they have brought updates. Ours have worked according to our plan."

Vettel: "I don't like the now or never approach. You attack every weekend.. and approach the weekend as they come. This is a circuit that I love.."

Vettel: "I am not a big fan of DRS. We are in Japan... maybe Mario Kart and throw some banana's out of the car... Its artificial."

Bonus Its hard to follow so of mercs quali 1 - 2 or if ferrari dont get pole its going to be a train for the rest of the race

Vandoorne: "As Seb said... Its hard to follow here. Maybe we will improve with close racing in the future"
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Mission Winnow is named after the practice of winnowing grain, responsible for the expression ‘separating the wheat from the chaff’.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari unveils new F1 livery ahead of the Japanese GP

Ferrari has unveiled the revised Formula 1 livery it will race from this weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix.
    The Italian team’s red colour scheme remains but white logos referencing title sponsor Philip Morris International’s new ‘Mission Winnow’ project have been added to the sidepods, engine cover and rear wing.

As tobacco sponsorship is banned in F1, Philip Morris has not advertised its brands or products on Ferrari's cars for several years.

Philip Morris wants to develop smoke-free technologies that moved away from its tobacco origins and earlier this year it extended its title sponsorship with Ferrari until 2021.

Now it wants to promote a new initiative dedicated to science, technology and innovation.

“I would like to thank Philip Morris because they have the right to brand all the car since the beginning of the season,” said Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene.

“They were respectful of the red of the car, they left the car absolutely red.

“The reason why is simple: they said they are not in a hurry, our company’s changing, we are moving, launching a new mission.

“What we are doing is simple, Ferrari and Philip Morris just striving for the better, striving for a better internal performance, for researching day after day to learn from mistakes and go forward, to perform.

“You can say ‘OK but guys you are not winning [the championship] yet’ – yes, but are we learning.

“To be able to win in the future you need to be able to learn.”

Mission Winnow is named after the practice of winnowing grain, responsible for the expression ‘separating the wheat from the chaff’.

Riccardo Parino, Philip Morris vice president for global events partnerships, said: “We are coming back with a new initiative after 10 years that we didn’t have any branding on the F1 car on the track.

“It’s very important to say the logo, the campaign, is not related to any tobacco products. It’s about us.

“It’s about the fact our company is going to transform, it’s going to move to a totally different set of initiatives for a better future.

“It’s very important to be with Ferrari because Ferrari exemplified the passion and this constant improvement that is the base for our future.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Mercedes NEW rear suspension being worked on (RWS)

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10477...g&name=600x314

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ferrari unveils new F1 livery ahead of the Japanese GP

Ferrari has unveiled the revised Formula 1 livery it will race from this weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix.
    The Italian team’s red colour scheme remains but white logos referencing title sponsor Philip Morris International’s new ‘Mission Winnow’ project have been added to the sidepods, engine cover and rear wing.

As tobacco sponsorship is banned in F1, Philip Morris has not advertised its brands or products on Ferrari's cars for several years.

Philip Morris wants to develop smoke-free technologies that moved away from its tobacco origins and earlier this year it extended its title sponsorship with Ferrari until 2021.

Now it wants to promote a new initiative dedicated to science, technology and innovation.

“I would like to thank Philip Morris because they have the right to brand all the car since the beginning of the season,” said Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene.

“They were respectful of the red of the car, they left the car absolutely red.

“The reason why is simple: they said they are not in a hurry, our company’s changing, we are moving, launching a new mission.

“What we are doing is simple, Ferrari and Philip Morris just striving for the better, striving for a better internal performance, for researching day after day to learn from mistakes and go forward, to perform.

“You can say ‘OK but guys you are not winning [the championship] yet’ – yes, but are we learning.

“To be able to win in the future you need to be able to learn.”

Riccardo Parino, Philip Morris vice president for global events partnerships, said: “We are coming back with a new initiative after 10 years that we didn’t have any branding on the F1 car on the track.

“It’s very important to say the logo, the campaign, is not related to any tobacco products. It’s about us.

“It’s about the fact our company is going to transform, it’s going to move to a totally different set of initiatives for a better future.

“It’s very important to be with Ferrari because Ferrari exemplified the passion and this constant improvement that is the base for our future.”
    It's not related to tobacco, but it is related to smoking.

www.missionwinnow.com

and I quote

" We at Philip Morris International are transforming, learning from our past in order to build a better future for the 1.1 billion people who smoke and those around them. This is our vision."

We might see more e-cigarette advertising in the future possibly as this opens up a whole new window in sponsorship.

I don't think this needs any description.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoqMSrpX0AEesy_.jpg

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

You have to admit there is a degree of irony to it.

Disappointed Since 2010

FerrariSteve Guest
    I like to cross my fingers and wish for the best of us but it seems since the tragic loss of Sergio Marchionne, the team has just had nothing but bad luck.

I thought the Santander livery was bad... The second half of the year has been nothing but disappointments, tragedies and low blows.

I just realized the guys have that awful logo on their overalls too. I really hope it's only for the unveiling, but I'm not going to get hopes up.

Disappointed Since 2010

any free links to FP1
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.