Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 372

Thread: 2018 Japanese GP: Practices and Qualifying

  1. #271
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    437
    Sorry but this is pure comical gold, I am dying of laught right now. Dont care because WDC is long gone, at least the race tomorrow should be interesting.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, but was there something to lose, I don`t think so.
    Well we still have a chance of winning both championships so yes there was. Who knows what will happen at the start. And then we're nowhere to benefit from it.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,121
    Que the Benny Hill theme song for Ferrari
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Well we still have a chance of winning both championships so yes there was.
    no, lol

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    no, lol
    It's not over until the fat lady sings. I never give up hope while there is still a mathematical chance. Points wise it's far from over, but with strategy calls like these it's done.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,045
    maybe Max can pull off a miracle and win from P3. Would be better than watching Ham come 1st again.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Red Planet
    Posts
    526
    How can the Red Barron aka Vettel win the championship? Lewis has a capable lapdog/wingman and a squadron of drones aka Ferrari strategists behind him!

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Red Planet
    Posts
    526
    How can the Red Baron aka Vettel win the championship? Lewis has a capable lapdog/wingman and a squadron of drones aka Ferrari strategists behind him!

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    maybe Max can pull off a miracle and win from P3. Would be better than watching Ham come 1st again.
    i miss max when he would crash into cars ahead of him , who cares if i jinx ferrari its all gone to the fiery pit anyway
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I like your optimism, but this team became joker in the paddock. With such history & budget, it’s falling apart.
    SM absence is really showing on the team.
    I'm really not that optimistic, I just call it what I see is happening. The only chance if you're way behind on pace is to be on a different strategy than Merc. Obviously it would be easier locking out the second row to do that but then nobody has ever won here from the second row. Seb will find his way to P5 quickly. Ferrari will have to try and undercut Merc all the way in the race to be able to have a chance to catch them on fresher tyres at the end. Hopefully Merc will be on the mediums by then. That's all there is to hope for.

    I really don't believe we have a chance in 2019.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,004
    Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    How can the Red Baron aka Vettel win the championship? Lewis has a capable lapdog/wingman and a squadron of drones aka Ferrari strategists behind him!
    even if Ham dnf'd every race ferrari would still mess it up at this point. M.A is not doing a good enough job, the new CEO is gone absent and silent. SM would be kicking down the door at Maranello right now rounding them up
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I'm really not that optimistic, I just call it what I see is happening. The only chance if you're way behind on pace is to be on a different strategy than Merc. Obviously it would be easier locking out the second row to do that but then nobody has ever won here from the second row. Seb will find his way to P5 quickly. Ferrari will have to try and undercut Merc all the way in the race to be able to have a chance to catch them on fresher tyres at the end. Hopefully Merc will be on the mediums by then. That's all there is to hope for.

    I really don't believe we have a chance in 2019.
    Well Seb needs to survive fast. He can easily get taken out at the start.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,180
    If I was Lewis I'd just pit into Ferrari's box pretending it's a mistake tomorrow and order a take out drive through style. At this point he can even race all the way in 2nd gear as he'd still win.

    P.S. am sure that if Mercedes are still spying on us now it's just coz they unsubscribed from the comedy channel to save costs.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    How can the Red Baron aka Vettel win the championship? Lewis has a capable lapdog/wingman and a squadron of drones aka Ferrari strategists behind him!
    By not putting the car on wet kerbs? Ferrari pitwall made a big mistake by putting inters at the start, but our drivers had the best conditions for the Q3 run and they bottled it.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    By not putting the car on wet kerbs? Ferrari pitwall made a big mistake by putting inters at the start, but our drivers had the best conditions for the Q3 run and they bottled it.
    No they havent, Seb made it to end of S2 just as it started raining heavier at that point nothing you can do. Its game over anyway. Driving with dry on tyres on wet track is like driving on ice.

  16. #286
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,004
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    If I was Lewis I'd just pit into Ferrari's box pretending it's a mistake tomorrow and order a take out drive through style. At this point he can even race all the way in 2nd gear as he'd still win.

    P.S. am sure that if Mercedes are still spying on us now it's just coz they unsubscribed from the comedy channel to save costs.
    can kinda picture ferrari doing a "good idea; bad idea" show lol

    with the bad ideas all recaps of their mistakes


    "good idea: *shows all the cars on dry tyres* ; bad idea: *shows ferrari on inters during the dry track*"
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  17. #287
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,254
    Why did I bother to get up? This was just embarrassing and we don't deserve to win a championship, the pit-wall seem to have lost their grip completely and the drivers are expected to make up for these errors, which given the weather conditions causes desperation and mistakes. I don't care who wins as long as it's not Hamilton, it's beyond a joke now.

  18. #288
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,045
    come on Max you are our only hope of winning this race now

  19. #289
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,217
    Our deloved team has an incredible ability to dramatic total destroy a saeson. EVERTHING that can be done wrong in a saeson we do it HUGE !!!!! Bad design, bad strategis,bad pit wall calls, bad driver errors etc .
    BUT thats why Ferrari has the best ,most hardcore fans in the world. Thet train as hard every year!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  20. #290
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    No they havent, Seb made it to end of S2 just as it started raining heavier at that point nothing you can do. Its game over anyway. Driving with dry on tyres on wet track is like driving on ice.
    As I said before, I do believe our pitwall is a joke and we need better strategists. But the fact is both RAI and VET got on the wet kerbs and ran wide, when the track temp/condition was optimal. And it's strange to see Vettel getting out qualified by Raikkonen in the wet/changeable conditions.

  21. #291
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well Seb needs to survive fast. He can easily get taken out at the start.
    Yes, he's starting in a dangerous place. The bottom of the top 10 is usually where stuff happens. Stuff sometimes happen at the S-curves where drivers are over-optimistic and there's no room for two cars.

    As for the strategies. If Merc stops around lap 20 and go to the end on the mediums for some 30+ laps then Ferrari has to gamble and come in around lap 15-16 to give themselves room and a few laps to be sure to be infront of both Mercs when the Mercs come out of the pits on the mediums. Ferrari can choose to go for the soft for some 20+ laps and leave the supersofts for some 17-18 laps with a light car, or switch around and go for the supersofts in the middle for some 15-16 laps to extend their lead and end on the softs for some 20+ laps and hope they will be that much quicker than the mediums. It all depends on traffic and SC cars. If we're infront prior to our second stops around lap 30-35 (depending on the last tyre) then closing the gap of around 20 seconds on the supersofts compared to the medium may be possible at the very end. According to Pirelli a two-stopper should in theory be quicker if you can get through the traffic.

  22. #292
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    How can the Red Barron aka Vettel win the championship? Lewis has a capable lapdog/wingman and a squadron of drones aka Ferrari strategists behind him!
    There is only one Red Baron and that is not Seb.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  23. #293
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    86
    Thank goodness I didn't wake up early to watch this nonsense.

    No excuses should be made. It is beyond embarrassing that a team of the stature and financial resources of Ferrari has a bunch of strategists (read: buffoons) who couldn't negotiate themselves out of an open front door. It's pathetic.

    I've said it before and will say it again - Arrivabene needs to go. He's the team principal and he must take the fall for the non-stop litany of ridiculous blunders by the team.

    Who of us here really realized the full extent of just how important Sergio Marchionne was to the Scuderia after all?

  24. #294
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Arrivabene has to go.
    Amen. Absolutely.

  25. #295
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    As I said before, I do believe our pitwall is a joke and we need better strategists. But the fact is both RAI and VET got on the wet kerbs and ran wide, when the track temp/condition was optimal. And it's strange to see Vettel getting out qualified by Raikkonen in the wet/changeable conditions.
    It was raining at spoon and Seb was half a lap behind Kimi so had it even worse by messing around on Inters we missed the best track conditions and by the time they got to spoon it was wet

  26. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    It was raining at spoon and Seb was half a lap behind Kimi so had it even worse by messing around on Inters we missed the best track conditions and by the time they got to spoon it was wet
    and the ONLY time Ferrari were hoping it rains it didn't ... actually no, it did but not when they asked for.

  27. #297
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    There is only one Red Baron and that is not Seb.
    Agree Red Baron its a airplane war-pilot from WW2.

  28. #298
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,487
    It’s reminding me Alonso years at ferrari. When the car was abv avg, he dragged the car almost to the title.
    Now car was good & strong, with combined errors from team & drivers loosing the title.

    On both ocassions ferrari threw it away.

  29. #299
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,072
    If a two-stopper will be quicker than a one-stopper, as it should be in theory with the tyre wear, then the only problem will be that Merc might also switch over to two-stops to cover Ferrari's strategy. But I have a feeling the will go conservative and on to the mediums to the end as they want as few risk getting into trouble with traffic. But they could go for S-US-US as well, or two stints on S and one on SS. If two stops are quicker and Merc go for one with mediums then I don't think Seb's starting position should be a problem because even if he will obviously lose time in the opening laps he shouldn't be more than 10-15 seconds behind the leader. It will obviously be a lot closer than it would be if he would be on the 2nd row but the mediums for Merc might be too conservative. Everything will have to do with the difference between the supersofts and the mediums in relation to each other and the laptimes at the end. You obviously don't have to nurse the tyres on two-stops and leave any performance left in them. I firmly believe the difference is over 1 second a lap.

    If Kimi and Seb pit the second time just infornt of the Mercs around lap 35 for supersofts to the end for some 18 laps and they come out some 23-24 seconds behind Lewis. That gap is doable to close if fresh supersofts are more than 1 second faster than somewhat old mediums. This is the only thing to hope for in the race along with a Merc DNF. If Merc extend their lead in the WCC to close to 70 points it all over beyond doubt.

  30. #300
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ferrari Car
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    It's not over until the fat lady sings. I never give up hope while there is still a mathematical chance. Points wise it's far from over, but with strategy calls like these it's done.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk


    Hope is OK, but you are not realistic.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •