Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Japanese GP: Practices and Qualifying

Maurizio Arrivabene: "I‘m not sure if we were able to do the pole position today. I want to be honest.
    About quali: I never interfere with the technical decision but today I was really disappointed and what happened is not acceptable."
    Maurizio Arrivabene: "I don‘t want to point finger to anyone. I want to say the final responsibility is me. But today I want to say I‘m very disappointed because what happened is not acceptable!
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...00513430544384
    Last edited by mwk360; 6th October 2018 at 09:22.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Seb starts P8 apparently because of a grid drop for merc boy ocon
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    It's not over until the fat lady sings. I never give up hope while there is still a mathematical chance. Points wise it's far from over, but with strategy calls like these it's done.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk
    My friend I really admire your positivism!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Why did I bother to get up? This was just embarrassing and we don't deserve to win a championship, the pit-wall seem to have lost their grip completely and the drivers are expected to make up for these errors, which given the weather conditions causes desperation and mistakes. I don't care who wins as long as it's not Hamilton, it's beyond a joke now.
    Agree, this is unacceptable...

[AMuS] Vettel stood in front of his team. There was a dejected but still composed driver who, like Michael Schumacher, did not say a bad word about his team.

"We made the decision together. There was rain in the air."

kimi/seb/MA cover for the team as usual, its a good thing but sometimes feel like nothing will change if they always shielding the problems

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Yes, he's starting in a dangerous place. The bottom of the top 10 is usually where stuff happens. Stuff sometimes happen at the S-curves where drivers are over-optimistic and there's no room for two cars.

As for the strategies. If Merc stops around lap 20 and go to the end on the mediums for some 30+ laps then Ferrari has to gamble and come in around lap 15-16 to give themselves room and a few laps to be sure to be infront of both Mercs when the Mercs come out of the pits on the mediums. Ferrari can choose to go for the soft for some 20+ laps and leave the supersofts for some 17-18 laps with a light car, or switch around and go for the supersofts in the middle for some 15-16 laps to extend their lead and end on the softs for some 20+ laps and hope they will be that much quicker than the mediums. It all depends on traffic and SC cars. If we're infront prior to our second stops around lap 30-35 (depending on the last tyre) then closing the gap of around 20 seconds on the supersofts compared to the medium may be possible at the very end. According to Pirelli a two-stopper should in theory be quicker if you can get through the traffic.
    512, you should go and sit on the pitwall kicking off and replacing the engineers there. They are useless anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Arrivabene has to go.
    .... taking the entire pitwall pack with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Beautiful car fast and well developed, for me the best drivers too, erm...pit wall crew ??? when will Ferrari get ONE session error free?
    RIP 2018. Bring on 2019 this season has now DEFINITIVELY gone up in smoke.
    Yes, we repeat this "next year" thing already 12 times. Pathetic....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yes it can. It is for years now
    12 to be precise

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Masterstroke says toto to everyone in his pitwall. What will MA say to ferrari's pitwall?
    " you all, no salary for October"

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    512, you should go and sit on the pitwall kicking off and replacing the engineers there. They are useless anyhow.
    LOL! Maybe, but I can't really fault anyone today. Gambling is the only thing we have left. They took a gamble hoping the rain would come instantly in Q3, but it didn't and they lost the gamble. Maybe they should have only put one car on inters and the other on slicks. But hindight is a wonderful thing. At least they are on a different possible strategy. There will be high tyre wear. That's at least something Pirelli are right about this weekend.

12 to be precise
    And going....

" you all, no salary for October"
    Lol not harsh enough

I was wondering if we as Ferrari fans boycott the remainder of the season? Something really is up, why does it everytime after the summer break the Team has a major breakdown. It is like a very badly written script.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Seb starts P8 apparently because of a grid drop for merc boy ocon
    If I were at Ferrari, I'd put new engine and gearbox on Seb's car and start from pitlane with fresh medium tyres. Midfield won't be a problem for Seb, after clearing the midfield I'd wait until final 15-18 laps and pit him for a brand new set of soft tyres.

Formula 1 looks so dull at the moment. It's not even just Ferrari, in Socchi all the knocked out Q2 drivers didn't even put up a lap. Even here it looked boring and except for Torro Rosso Honda, everybody is looking like they just want to get this over with. Something has to change. Liberty needs to bunch up the group and somehow give others a chance at a win or a podium. It must be hard for drivers like Perez, Hulk, Sainz etc to keep up their motivation when the best you can get is 7th every weekend, every race(if no DNF from top teams). It's hard for those teams to attract fans when everybody knows they will not win a race, or get a lucky podium once every year or two. I remember the 2012 championship when there where like 8 diferent winners in the first 8 races, so it is possible. Of course RBR beat us to the titles in the after the summer break development war, but is was a great season and kept fans closer to the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    If I were at Ferrari, I'd put new engine and gearbox on Seb's car and start from pitlane with fresh medium tyres. Midfield won't be a problem for Seb, after clearing the midfield I'd wait until final 15-18 laps and pit him for a brand new set of soft tyres.
    Sounds like a reasonable idea, he's too vulnerable in P8 and unless he gets through the first lap unscathed, it will be impossible to catch even Max, let alone pass him or the Mercs. I know I'd be dreaming to see that happen, so maybe I'll stay in bed instead. But I know I won't let myself do that.
    And have I missed something as 512TR seems to think we're starting on different tyres to the Mercs?

good idea, i hope they do this

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I was wondering if we as Ferrari fans boycott the remainder of the season? Something really is up, why does it everytime after the summer break the Team has a major breakdown. It is like a very badly written script.
    Will never make a difference imo, there are new fans all the time ever increasing but i agree that after summer break ferrari team goes nuclear on itself.

could be desperation for more pace leads to many more disadvantages in trying to keep up with mercs development speed also possible advantages and loopholes are nullified by the time summer break ends, sad i really hope next year we get a whole separate division that prepares for the second half of the season since the elastic is breaking everytime. also pitwall needs to go asap they suck

Sounds like a reasonable idea, he's too vulnerable in P8 and unless he gets through the first lap unscathed, it will be impossible to catch even Max, let alone pass him or the Mercs. I know I'd be dreaming to see that happen, so maybe I'll stay in bed instead. But I know I won't let myself do that.
    And have I missed something as 512TR seems to think we're starting on different tyres to the Mercs?
    Both Ferraris are starting on the supersofts along with Max. Both Mercs start on the softs. These were the only runs in Q2.

Seb should easily clear both Toro Rossos and the Haas after a normal start without an incident and be P5.

Both Mercedes start on softs, we are on ultra softs. Grosjean, who'll be starting from P5 is also on softs.

Both Mercedes start on softs, we are on ultra softs. Grosjean, who'll be starting from P5 is also on softs.
    Thanks for that, tifosi and 512TR, I must have been asleep while watching quali!! This does put a slightly different complexion on things as long as we get a clean first lap, but how the hell Merc managed that on softs means their current advantage is even more worrying.

Didn't even watch and won't watch rest of season. I will still check in after quali and race to see results but clearly the FIA have wrecked another season for us along with our pit wall. We have imploded totally.

The supersofts have been used 10 times this season. Ferrari have won 4 taces, Merc 4 races and RBR 2 races. And we might have won Baku and Monza without Seb's gamble and mistake. We've only won once when they haven't been selected by Pirelli (Silverstone). But that was thanks to Kimi knocking Lewis back to last. On the other hand that advantage we had with the softer compounds in the first part of the season is clearly gone as could be seen in Singapore and Russia. But that's also not the entire picture and all the truth as there wasn't any room to run the softest compounds in the races as nursing the harder ones was a quicker strategy. We'll see. If nothing works tomorrow and both Merc score more points than us then I'm giving up the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    The supersofts have been used 10 times this season. Ferrari have won 4 taces, Merc 4 races and RBR 2 races. And we might have won Baku and Monza without Seb's gamble and mistake. We've only won once when they haven't been selected by Pirelli (Silverstone). But that was thanks to Kimi knocking Lewis back to last. On the other hand that advantage we had with the softer compounds in the first part of the season is clearly gone as could be seen in Singapore and Russia. But that's also not the entire picture and all the truth as there wasn't any room to run the softest compounds in the races as nursing the harder ones was a quicker strategy. We'll see. If nothing works tomorrow and both Merc score more points than us then I'm giving up the season.
    The only rationnal explanation regarding the huge improvement made by Mercedes is tyres .
    I don't get the story " spa was a wake up call for us " and suddenly they found 0.8 seconds in pure pace .
    Who CAN believe this story ?
    From Monza, I bet Pirelli change secretly tyres to satisfy Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    The only rationnal explanation regarding the huge improvement made by Mercedes is tyres .
    I don't get the story " spa was a wake up call for us " and suddenly they found 0.8 seconds in pure pace .
    Who CAN believe this story ?
    From Monza, I bet Pirelli change secretly tyres to satisfy Mercedes.
    Maybe Mercos play with us since the 1st day of the season...Maybe they have an edge from the begining and they were hiding something just for making their titles more valuable.

Close to end now and perhaps a little bit afraid by ferrari before summer break they just show their true pace now.

Good thing I stayed in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Once again THE END was this summer in Germany
    Agreed 100% as it spoke volumes about the #1 driver and only championship contender on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I like your optimism, but this team became joker in the paddock. With such history & budget, it’s falling apart.
    SM absence is really showing on the team.
    SM absence??? SM put this team together!