Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Japanese GP: Practices and Qualifying

I swear that his season's collapse is even worse than last year's. What is going on at Ferrari??? Congratulations to Mercedes and Hamilton.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    The supersofts have been used 10 times this season. Ferrari have won 4 taces, Merc 4 races and RBR 2 races. And we might have won Baku and Monza without Seb's gamble and mistake. We've only won once when they haven't been selected by Pirelli (Silverstone). But that was thanks to Kimi knocking Lewis back to last. On the other hand that advantage we had with the softer compounds in the first part of the season is clearly gone as could be seen in Singapore and Russia. But that's also not the entire picture and all the truth as there wasn't any room to run the softest compounds in the races as nursing the harder ones was a quicker strategy. We'll see. If nothing works tomorrow and both Merc score more points than us then I'm giving up the season.
    I second that 512TR

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    The only rationnal explanation regarding the huge improvement made by Mercedes is tyres .
    I don't get the story " spa was a wake up call for us " and suddenly they found 0.8 seconds in pure pace .
    Who CAN believe this story ?
    From Monza, I bet Pirelli change secretly tyres to satisfy Mercedes.
    Maybe. Could be. One thing is for sure, the tyres have an incredibly huge impact on the performance of each package at every circuit. We could see that in Spain and France as well (Silverstone masked by the Kimi/Lewis incident). Maybe Pirelli have made changes to them recently that we don't know about. Who knows? We've lost all the advantage on the softer ones, that much is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I swear that his season's collapse is even worse than last year's. What is going on at Ferrari??? Congratulations to Mercedes and Hamilton.
    I agree, it is worse than last year.
    What i dont understand was who made the stupid call to make Seb go out there to try a lap on dry tyres when it was ALLREADY RAINING!!! He nearly put the car into the wall, lucky he didnt! Srsly is goin on with this team?? Since Monza we have lost the plot in a massive way.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

I still can't believe nobody has won this race from the 2nd row. I mean drivers have won Monaco from there.
    Well there's a first time for everything.

NOT EASY, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE EITHER”
    Japanese Grand Prix - “Not easy, but not impossible either”
    Kimi and Seb on today’s Qualifying at Suzuka-and the race to come

KIMI (P4, 1min29sec521, SS tyres): “It was a tricky qualifying with mixed conditions. In Q3 we thought that the rain would come earlier, so we decided to go out on Intermediate tires. Unfortunately it did not happen and then we were a bit off with the timing. We came in to fit the Supersoft , but in turn 14 I touched a wet kerb, ran a bit wide and lost some time. Obviously fourth place is not ideal, but at least we were able to put a lap together despite the mistake. Third position could have been easily possible. It’s a pity we did not get it today; the feeling with the car was getting better and better in qualifying. For sure tomorrow is going to be tricky, but we will do our best”.

SEB (P9, 1min32sec192, SS tyres): “At the beginning of Q3, I was asked if it was ok for me to go out on Inters and I said yes. Obviously, it was the wrong decision and now it’s easy to say, but it could have been the other way around. We thought there could have been more rain, but in the end it didn’t come. If it had rained five minutes before, it would have been a different story. However, it wasn’t our session in terms of timing and we’ve been through similar situations a couple of time so far. We are a team, so now we accept together the consequences. Tomorrow is another day, it won’t be easy as we start from the back, but it’s not impossible”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

good pictures tifosi1993.

Atleast ferrari should use these last 4 races as testing for next year. Because looking at Honda progress, RB would a real threat to ferrari but not mercs.
    Because mercs has FIA in their pocket

It is all a fixed formula. This kind of drop and gain has never been thought before.

https://streamable.com/ivd1o

Why doesn't he stay away from the kerbs

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    It is all a fixed formula. This kind of drop and gain has never been thought before.
    It's quite strange when you think about it. Within two weeks Mercedes gained 0.5sec over Ferrari and Ferrari lost one of the best characteristics of SF71-H, traction coming out of slow/medium speed corners.

It seems Ferrari lost quite a bit of downforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Do I really want to get up at 6.00 tomorrow? Pfft!
    [Sighs..] I know I'll be up for the start. I also know I will, again, be thoroughly disappointed. Can only hope for a disaster befalling those at the front. But even that will be a 'flash in the pan'!
    Trying to be less angry..

RBR have decent strategists i think. Is there any way he could beat the mercs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    RBR have decent strategists i think. Is there any way he could beat the mercs?
    I presume if Max hassles Lewis, the sensible thing to do would be to allow max past. Lewis only needs to finish infront of Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    [Sighs..] I know I'll be up for the start. I also know I will, again, be thoroughly disappointed. Can only hope for a disaster befalling those at the front. But even that will be a 'flash in the pan'!
    Unless I have one too many drinks tonight, I will also be up at the crack of dawn to watch the race, it must be in our blood to support a sinking ship, again. We are hardened to it after so many years of ups and downs, but the thought of another Merc-fest is enough to make me vomit. Any flash in the pan of success would nevertheless be most welcome.
    Last edited by wisepie; 6th October 2018 at 17:16.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Formula 1 looks so dull at the moment. It's not even just Ferrari, in Socchi all the knocked out Q2 drivers didn't even put up a lap. Even here it looked boring and except for Torro Rosso Honda, everybody is looking like they just want to get this over with. Something has to change. Liberty needs to bunch up the group and somehow give others a chance at a win or a podium. It must be hard for drivers like Perez, Hulk, Sainz etc to keep up their motivation when the best you can get is 7th every weekend, every race(if no DNF from top teams). It's hard for those teams to attract fans when everybody knows they will not win a race, or get a lucky podium once every year or two. I remember the 2012 championship when there where like 8 diferent winners in the first 8 races, so it is possible. Of course RBR beat us to the titles in the after the summer break development war, but is was a great season and kept fans closer to the tv.
    Well said, but it boils down to budgets, I suppose, and the big 3 teams don't seem to want to agree to a better spread of prize-money. Maybe with less money, Ferrari might win a championship!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well said, but it boils down to budgets, I suppose, and the big 3 teams don't seem to want to agree to a better spread of prize-money. Maybe with less money, Ferrari might win a championship!
    So, you would be happy for Ferrari extra payments stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That is just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    NOT EASY, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE EITHER”
    Japanese Grand Prix - “Not easy, but not impossible either”
    Have balls and dignity to say it is over!
    Last edited by Rob; 6th October 2018 at 20:08.

https://streamable.com/lgnhf

Hamilton and Vettel's lap.

Its unfair to blame the team, it was just driver error getting on the curbs in the damp.

I already wait for Leclerc and 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Yeah good old Charles is going to solve all our problems. You just wait and see...

Well I am really relaxed now, looks like the destiny told us that we will have to wait for some more years for a Ferrari WDC,WCC, Mercedes is way to strong in all areas. Alonso didnt manage to take the title, and also Seb didnt, well but mark my words Seb will strike back with style sooner of latter, hopefuly sooner. It was a solid year, but Lewis was really magic, as was Seb in 2011,2013 and Alonso in 2012. Same story.
    Dont worry guys one day things will change, and we will obliterate the field, hope Vettel and Leclerc will push each other much more, hope that will bring some motivation for Seb back. I am his fan from 2008, and he just isnt anymore his real self as he was in 2008-2015 era. Having kids doesnt help, many drivers lost speed because of that, but I still believe he will bring Ferrari to the top in next 3-4 years. Praying.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing what he's going to be capable of, but if the team is functioning anything like the way it is now, it's going to be very ugly.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    It was a solid year, but Lewis was really magic, as was Seb in 2011,2013 and Alonso in 2012.
    Hamilton's performance this year greatly pales in comparison to Alonso's 2012. His first half was lackluster at best for him.

Disappointed Since 2010

Some inside �� news from Italy, this year is the last for MB. Ma-Fia forced to add this year to Mercedes. Ferrari is not pushing because they want their secrets hidden, and not risking to expose them. MB has understood it and is using everything to find those. This is the reason that Ferrari is upset about double sensor information. Because of that they have gone to the simplicity and this is the reason for our bad performance.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    Some inside 💠 news from Italy, this year is the last for MB. Ma-Fia forced to add this year to Mercedes. Ferrari is not pushing because they want their secrets hidden, and not risking to expose them. MB has understood it and is using everything to find those. This is the reason that Ferrari is upset about double sensor information. Because of that they have gone to the simplicity and this is the reason for our bad performance.

Oh dear. Seriously, stop it.

It is true.