Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Japanese GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And he also confirmed Ferrari didn't lose any straight-line speed. The 2nd sensor was supposed to be secret, but it got out and he is angry about it. The double battery is Ferrari's property and it's a serious matter if someone from FIA feeding information to the media.
    I think feeding info to the media is the least of our concerns. Someone is feeding our secrets right to Merc. This is ridiculous if true. Sort of like when McLaren stole our info and copied our car. We all remember how that turned out for them...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Long run average:

SS:

Ham: 1:34.744 (11 laps)
    Bot: 1:34.978 (10 laps)
    Vet: 1:35.194 (13 laps)
    Kimi: 1:35.224 (3 laps)

Softs:

Ham: 1:34.081 (9 laps)
    Bot: 1:34.281 (8 laps)
    Vet: 1:34.437 (10 laps)
    Kim: 1:34.571 (18 laps)

I don't think I'm going to bother getting up to watch qualifying.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Long run average:

SS:

Ham: 1:34.744 (11 laps)
    Bot: 1:34.978 (10 laps)
    Vet: 1:35.194 (13 laps)
    Kimi: 1:35.224 (3 laps)

Softs:

Ham: 1:34.081 (9 laps)
    Bot: 1:34.281 (8 laps)
    Vet: 1:34.437 (10 laps)
    Kim: 1:34.571 (18 laps)
    So they have around 0.4s on Ferrari. Vallteri keeps it 0.2 behind Lewis and Kimi 0.1 behind Seb.

So i'm watching the reruns of FP and it's pretty clear we have lost all that great traction out of slower corners that we had earlier in the season. It becomes obvious on a real circuit like Suzuka and in corners like Degner 2, the Hairpin, the Spoon Curve and the last chicane. If we still would have it then we would be much closer, maybe even faster. But Merc have obviously also made huge progress since the summer break and everything is up an running after Spa. It's also obvious Merc will go for a one-stooper with the softs and the mediums. They will easy get out of Q2 on the softs. The only question is how much slower will the mediums be in relation to the other two compounds? Is it possibe to do two stints on the SS and a pitstop and will be faster than one long stint on the mediums, after all starting on the softs that is? Especially at the end of the race with lighter cars. It might be in full race mode. So strategies may vary from S-M to S-SS-SS or SS-S-SS.

Both championships need a Merc DNF or a blown engine tomorrow in FP3 or Q.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Well done Mercedes for sucking the life out of Formula 1.
    a sport I once was utterly passionate about and loved intensely I no longer give a damn about and don't care if I watch or not, up until the last year or so, I've not missed a race live for over 30 years (and the only one I missed was because I was in hospital in a coma) I don't mind admitting I utterly loathe Lewis and the way he's been handed title after title on a silver platter, he's the FIA's goldenboy now and that's not going to change for years. So there's not even much point looking forward to 2019 as no one but goldenboy will be allowed to get the title as Merc are buddies with the FIA, Whiting and Pirelli.

Quite frankly I've never been so down and depressed about the state of F1.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    a sport I once was utterly passionate about and loved intensely I no longer give a damn about and don't care if I watch or not, up until the last year or so, I've not missed a race live for over 30 years (and the only one I missed was because I was in hospital in a coma) I don't mind admitting I utterly loathe Lewis and the way he's been handed title after title on a silver platter, he's the FIA's goldenboy now and that's not going to change for years. So there's not even much point looking forward to 2019 as no one but goldenboy will be allowed to get the title as Merc are buddies with the FIA, Whiting and Pirelli.

or by the lack of balls from Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I don't think I'm going to bother getting up to watch qualifying.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk
    Me neither. I said it some time ago, Ferrari will not win a single race anymore this year. If there is no chance of winning, there is no point in watching.

I've said it before. The tyres play too big of a role. It's rather pathetic that a billion dollar sports is decided by rubber. The situation we have now should never have been allowed to happen. With one tyre supplier and no competition there maybe should only be two dry weather compounds available for all circuits. Some races would then be clear one-stoppers and some would be two- and even three-stoppers. Either that or a tyre war. Seven dry weather compounds from one supplier is madness. Sure, tyres should be a factor like every other part of the package but not the most important decider. When all tyres brought by Pirelli also are too hard for every circuit all we're left with are races where drivers nurse their tyres because a pitstop takes too long compared to being able to push.

Very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I think feeding info to the media is the least of our concerns. Someone is feeding our secrets right to Merc. This is ridiculous if true. Sort of like when McLaren stole our info and copied our car. We all remember how that turned out for them...
    Arrivabene not happy over "leaked" 2nd sensor to the media.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He’s not happy, but what is being done about it? Ferrari should launch a complaint and full investigation. As Arrivabene said, it is our “intellectual property”.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Look MA said that the battery tech is owned by Ferrari as it was designed by Ferrari and they have been using it for the past 4 years. It's quite easy to deduct he is pointing to either Ex team members or even worse some FIA member. No one is meant to know the design except Ferrari and the FIA hence why it is quite bad that the news is all over.

Since Mercedes have been so vocal about it and even Whiting himself gave them away last May i believe it is Allison.

I never liked this Allison guy,he never proved he can make cars better,now his a big man in Merc with lots of Ferrari info feeding them Ferrari “intellectual property”.Hes a bad loser.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Look MA said that the battery tech is owned by Ferrari as it was designed by Ferrari and they have been using it for the past 4 years. It's quite easy to deduct he is pointing to either Ex team members or even worse some FIA member. No one is meant to know the design except Ferrari and the FIA hence why it is quite bad that the news is all over.

Since Mercedes have been so vocal about it and even Whiting himself gave them away last May i believe it is Allison.
    If this is really the case I would make such a big scandal out of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If this is really the case I would make such a big scandal out of it!!!
    Same, Merc should be fined and stripped of their points if deemed to be true. Ferrari better not sit on this.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

absolutely my feelings right now ..
    I can't believe mercedes has built such pace advantage in two weeks time .
    Something sounds weird ..

So Ferrari's battery layout is complex and is intellectual property of Ferrari. The FIA's two sensors are not.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    So Ferrari's battery layout is complex and is intellectual property of Ferrari. The FIA's two sensors are not.
    I think the point is that if they know about the sensors they may know about our layout etc. Either way there is a rat in the FIA...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

What I would like to know is whether the drop in performance is because of the second sensor ie. whether Ferrari has been cheating. Which I really hope they haven't.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Me neither. I said it some time ago, Ferrari will not win a single race anymore this year. If there is no chance of winning, there is no point in watching.
    I was watching F1 in 1992, do you remember how that went for Ferrari? No podiums. Yet I watched as did millions of other Ferrari fans. Supporting a team or an athlete when they are winning is easy, but that is not the point. Being a fan of the great sport that is racing is the point. If Ferrari doesn't win, I will be very sad, but you still have to support your favourite and enjoy the racing.

What I would like to know is whether the drop in performance is because of the second sensor ie. whether Ferrari has been cheating. Which I really hope they haven't.
    Sadly looks like we have been exploiting a loophole and now it's been closed we have lost performance. Probably running less downforce now to make up for it which is eating our tyres......
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    I was watching F1 in 1992, do you remember how that went for Ferrari? No podiums. Yet I watched as did millions of other Ferrari fans. Supporting a team or an athlete when they are winning is easy, but that is not the point. Being a fan of the great sport that is racing is the point. If Ferrari doesn't win, I will be very sad, but you still have to support your favourite and enjoy the racing.
    Well said
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari's pace in qualifying is probaby behind Mercedes again, but I am sure race pace will be fine. I am more worried about saturday being completely wet. Our guys haven't exactly been brilliant in rain, that could ruin the race before it started.

[Autobild] reports that according to their information, the 2nd sensor at the Ferrari was installed since Monaco. The problems in Singapore and Russia are because of the tyres. Ferrari can‘t bring them to work anymore!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

It's last year all over again. Loophole closed...bye, bye performance.

Also same as last year...it's Merc's fault, and the FIA's...not Ferrari's.

There will be a lot of tifosi who feel the same, and I for one share your views on HAM and Mercedes and I'm totally sick of it and how it has been allowed to happen. I also blame the tyres for making F1 a tyre-preserving formula and the aero for making it impossible to get close enough to pass without DRS assistance, the FIA in my opinion have been negligent towards their fans and now Liberty media seem to taking it all to even more ridiculous levels by wanting 25+ GPs each season. I have been watching F1 since the late 60s and it was never perfect, but in all those years I have only supported one team and will continue to do so, even though I have almost lost the will to watch the rest of this season unfold.

What beats me is, how can mercs be so confidant that it is impossible for any other team to have more pace and better dynamics than they do. What do they know that we dont know. When we beat them a few races back, lewis mentioned something about tricks on the ferrari, why say something like that and why they so suprised when they get beat. It is if they know there is no way other teams can beat them in this hybrid era. As if they know the only way for other teams to beat them is by cheating. How can they be so confidant. I dont know what to make of all this. I suppose we must just try harder, but jeez how much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    I completely agree with your post except last part of it.... There is nothing to enjoy in this new F1 era. Not because Ferrari is not winning WDC and/or CWC, but because it is so boring and predictable!