Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 484

Thread: 2018 Japanese GP: Race

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t think he will get 6th WDC. Ferrari & RB will be strong next year.
    Problem is RB,not close enough this year to take wins.
    Since you are counting on Bulls to help Ferrari win the championship , it itself is the sign the Lewis has already a firm grip over next year's championship
    You think that crastappen will be of any help to Ferrari... Have you seen today's race?

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10
    Bring Alonso back and you get 5 tenths faster...

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You think Nico was a better driver than Lewis? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Alonso had a really nasty character but he was a great driver. It is a pity that he left Ferrari.
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I sense mad max joining ferrari 2021. By then ham will retire. Mad max will be racing on his own.
    He will have to contend with Ricciardo .. My friend
    Crashtappen will have more crashes than fineshes...lol

  4. #394
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    Since you are counting on Bulls to help Ferrari win the championship , it itself is the sign the Lewis has already a firm grip over next year's championship
    You think that crastappen will be of any help to Ferrari... Have you seen today's race?
    Max is out to win , Dan can't catch him and everyone else behind him can't. He likes the podium for sure. He crashed into 3rd. place, I wish it on Seb! We need Max!!

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,358
    I really think that Seb needs to go to a shrink and get his head sorted out, he's making too many mistakes. I believe Nico went to a psychiatrist 2016 because he used to crack under pressure and he managed to win it.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max is out to win , Dan can't catch him and everyone else behind him can't. He likes the podium for sure. He crashed into 3rd. place, I wish it on Seb! We need Max!!
    We don't need Max. We need fewer mistakes from Sebastian next year.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    Bring Alonso back and you get 5 tenths faster...
    It would be the same, only his teammate will get 5 tenths slower

  8. #398
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We don't need Max. We need fewer mistakes from Sebastian next year.
    100% agree.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We don't need Max. We need fewer mistakes from Sebastian next year.
    100%... not only he. But team should get behind him+ avoid silly strategy errors. 1 or 2 is fine. But continuously faltering is not a good sign of great team.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    It would be the same, only his teammate will get 5 tenths slower


    But with Alonso you don’t see mistakes. He will give ham worth for his title, that’s for sure

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,267
    I still got up for the start and by the time Seb was P4 I was actually feeling quite positive....and then it all went wrong, I think it was correct that Seb didn't get penalised as Max appears to steer into him, he certainly squeezed him. So Seb is damned if he has a go and criticised for trying, but he could have waited for sure and at least got on the podium, not that it would have made much difference. I don't think he needs to see a shrink, it's the pressure he's been under, something HAM has never had to endure to such an extent in the turbo-hybrid era. After so much pain over the past 4 races, I'm resigned to HAM clinching the WDC and frankly wish I could switch off for this year, but I know I'll still be there even after the title has gone.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,410
    Everybody makes mistakes, some fewer than others. Fred wouldn't have won last year and he wouldn't have won this year. More points than Seb? Maybe, but by now he would be behind Lewis in the WDC and in an inferior car trying to pass butler Bottas, imo

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I really think that Seb needs to go to a shrink and get his head sorted out, he's making too many mistakes. I believe Nico went to a psychiatrist 2016 because he used to crack under pressure and he managed to win it.
    German media thinks likewise, too.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    .
    Posts
    521
    Best Ferrari in a decade and its being used this way. What a waste.

    Its bringing shame upon the team.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,127
    Ham will equal Fangio record this season but he is out there to break MIchael's record, too. He will probably do it given the FIA support of Mercs.

  16. #406
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,538
    Still so many play the FIA support Merc card, our failings are at our own door nothing to do with the FIA.....
    Forza Ferrari

  17. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,119
    There's always 2019. Ferrari are quite good historically at the end of each decade. At least every uneven end of a decade. 1959 (2nd in WCC), 1979 (WDC, WCC), 1999 (WCC, could have been WDC without Michael's broken leg). Every even decade is worse, 1969 (6th in WCC), 1989 (3rd in WCC), 2009 (4th in WCC).

    What's more worrying is that it looks like it's impossible to surpass Merc in this formula no matter how close we get. As soon as we're almost ahead they just put down the foot and ease off into the distance. That, and politics behind the scenes that no one can confirm. There's all this noise how and why Ferrari have lost all pace but no one can say for sure. One thing is clear though, this package, right now, would not have won in Spa. I refuse to believe that in-season development can go backwards by 1 second. There's something bigger behind the slump.

  18. #408
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Still so many play the FIA support Merc card, our failings are at our own door nothing to do with the FIA.....
    True that. We have nobody else to blame but ourselves. Both team and drivers (Seb for the most part) made too many mistakes. One can't deny that Hamilton is driving masterfully. He makes very few mistakes.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

  19. #409
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,119
    Next year's simpler aero rules should also be a disadvantage to RBR as their aero package is the most advanced one. What they might gain by a more competitive Honda engine they might lose with the aero. I guess Newey isn't too happy about that. So if we can keep the longer wheelbase to be more competitive on real circuits and sometimes be more competitive than RBR on street circuits because of the rules then there are points to gain there as well.

    Right now though. We have lost all the great traction out of slower corners and great early straight line speed because of that. You can see it with the eyes only.

  20. #410
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Still so many play the FIA support Merc card, our failings are at our own door nothing to do with the FIA.....
    Exactly we had the car to win this championship and threw it away in Germany

  21. #411
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    103
    Everyone criticizes Max for making so many mistakes. But this boy is only 21 years old and Vettlel is 10 years older and is a 4-time world champion. Max reminds Senna with his uncompromising driving style. In terms of speed, it is currently the fastest F1 driver. I hope he will be the next Ferrari driver.

  22. #412
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Best Ferrari in a decade and its being used this way. What a waste.

    Its bringing shame upon the team.
    It was a great car before Singapore. Ferrari lost the plot after Singapore GP, upgrades are not working properly.

    (OT, at least Khabib destroyed that loud mouth ***** Mcgregor )

  23. #413
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We don't need Max. We need fewer mistakes from sebastian next year.
    Sebastian Vettel is not as fast as lewis hamilton

    Sebastian vettel is not a better racer thah lewis hamilton.

    How much more do you guys need to see before you get that.

    Its not "luck".

    He's just not on that level.

    Just look at Verstappen's qualifying record vs Riccardo. Says it all, the kid is just on a different level.

  24. #414
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    100%... not only he. But team should get behind him+ avoid silly strategy errors. 1 or 2 is fine. But continuously faltering is not a good sign of great team.
    Shouda, coulda, woulda, make less mistakes, that's all Seb needs to do. But when? Why not now? Max not Seb got a 5sec. penalty and a podium. Seb has a better car than Max for sure, no help! Max was trying to catch and beat Lewis, no WDC in mind, just wanting to win the race. Max just turned 21 yrs. old.

  25. #415
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Still so many play the FIA support Merc card, our failings are at our own door nothing to do with the FIA.....
    You are correct to say it's our fault to some extent, Seb has made FAR too many mistakes this year, utterly throwing masses of points away, but that said you cannot deny Merc get away with so much and get so much "help", because they are buddy buddies with the FIA, Whiting and most importantly Pirelli.

    This whole Merc domination phase started back when they had a hidden (and illegal) Tyre test with Pirelli and since then Pirelli have been bending over backwards to help Merc and keep them at the top.
    Common doesn't mean "Come on"; "Should have" not "Should of" ;)

  26. #416
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    You are correct to say it's our fault to some extent, Seb has made FAR too many mistakes this year, utterly throwing masses of points away, but that said you cannot deny Merc get away with so much and get so much "help", because they are buddy buddies with the FIA, Whiting and most importantly Pirelli.

    This whole Merc domination phase started back when they had a hidden (and illegal) Tyre test with Pirelli and since then Pirelli have been bending over backwards to help Merc and keep them at the top.
    Agreed. But F1 is not really a sport anymore. Ferrari and Mercedes have ruined it with politics.

    Its a disgrace that engines dominate they do and that only 2 teams can win the championship.

    The dependency other teams have on engine suppliers is terrible for the sport.

    If the more drivers had winning machinery the wdc would be fought by Hamilton verstappen alonso and riccardo and a few others.

  27. #417
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    Agreed. But F1 is not really a sport anymore. Ferrari and Mercedes have ruined it with politics.

    Its a disgrace that engines dominate they do and that only 2 teams can win the championship.

    The dependency other teams have on engine suppliers is terrible for the sport.

    If the more drivers had winning machinery the wdc would be fought by Hamilton verstappen alonso and riccardo and a few others.
    Have you only just started watching F1?

  28. #418
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Have you only just started watching F1?
    It would seem he did

  29. #419
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,358
    So Seb said he saw a gap and went for it. How on earth did he think he can get past Max there? Like he doesn't know Max, he could have waited for the straight after and got him after 130R.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

  30. #420
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    So Seb said he saw a gap and went for it. How on earth did he think he can get past Max there? Like he doesn't know Max, he could have waited for the straight after and got him after 130R.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk
    I suppose he can console himself that it will have little bearing on the end result.

    But if it had being earlier in the season, or if Lewis and Vettel had being tied on points then it would have being a complete eff up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •