Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Japanese GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t think he will get 6th WDC. Ferrari & RB will be strong next year.
    Problem is RB,not close enough this year to take wins.
    Since you are counting on Bulls to help Ferrari win the championship , it itself is the sign the Lewis has already a firm grip over next year's championship
    You think that crastappen will be of any help to Ferrari... Have you seen today's race?

Bring Alonso back and you get 5 tenths faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You think Nico was a better driver than Lewis? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Alonso had a really nasty character but he was a great driver. It is a pity that he left Ferrari.
    I sense mad max joining ferrari 2021. By then ham will retire. Mad max will be racing on his own.
    He will have to contend with Ricciardo .. My friend
    Crashtappen will have more crashes than fineshes...lol

Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    Since you are counting on Bulls to help Ferrari win the championship , it itself is the sign the Lewis has already a firm grip over next year's championship
    You think that crastappen will be of any help to Ferrari... Have you seen today's race?
    Max is out to win , Dan can't catch him and everyone else behind him can't. He likes the podium for sure. He crashed into 3rd. place, I wish it on Seb! We need Max!!

I really think that Seb needs to go to a shrink and get his head sorted out, he's making too many mistakes. I believe Nico went to a psychiatrist 2016 because he used to crack under pressure and he managed to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max is out to win , Dan can't catch him and everyone else behind him can't. He likes the podium for sure. He crashed into 3rd. place, I wish it on Seb! We need Max!!
    We don't need Max. We need fewer mistakes from Sebastian next year.

Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    Bring Alonso back and you get 5 tenths faster...
    It would be the same, only his teammate will get 5 tenths slower

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    100% agree.

100%... not only he. But team should get behind him+ avoid silly strategy errors. 1 or 2 is fine. But continuously faltering is not a good sign of great team.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    It would be the same, only his teammate will get 5 tenths slower

But with Alonso you don’t see mistakes. He will give ham worth for his title, that’s for sure

I still got up for the start and by the time Seb was P4 I was actually feeling quite positive....and then it all went wrong, I think it was correct that Seb didn't get penalised as Max appears to steer into him, he certainly squeezed him. So Seb is damned if he has a go and criticised for trying, but he could have waited for sure and at least got on the podium, not that it would have made much difference. I don't think he needs to see a shrink, it's the pressure he's been under, something HAM has never had to endure to such an extent in the turbo-hybrid era. After so much pain over the past 4 races, I'm resigned to HAM clinching the WDC and frankly wish I could switch off for this year, but I know I'll still be there even after the title has gone.

Everybody makes mistakes, some fewer than others. Fred wouldn't have won last year and he wouldn't have won this year. More points than Seb? Maybe, but by now he would be behind Lewis in the WDC and in an inferior car trying to pass butler Bottas, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I really think that Seb needs to go to a shrink and get his head sorted out, he's making too many mistakes. I believe Nico went to a psychiatrist 2016 because he used to crack under pressure and he managed to win it.
    German media thinks likewise, too.

Best Ferrari in a decade and its being used this way. What a waste.

Its bringing shame upon the team.

Ham will equal Fangio record this season but he is out there to break MIchael's record, too. He will probably do it given the FIA support of Mercs.

Still so many play the FIA support Merc card, our failings are at our own door nothing to do with the FIA.....
    Forza Ferrari

There's always 2019. Ferrari are quite good historically at the end of each decade. At least every uneven end of a decade. 1959 (2nd in WCC), 1979 (WDC, WCC), 1999 (WCC, could have been WDC without Michael's broken leg). Every even decade is worse, 1969 (6th in WCC), 1989 (3rd in WCC), 2009 (4th in WCC).

What's more worrying is that it looks like it's impossible to surpass Merc in this formula no matter how close we get. As soon as we're almost ahead they just put down the foot and ease off into the distance. That, and politics behind the scenes that no one can confirm. There's all this noise how and why Ferrari have lost all pace but no one can say for sure. One thing is clear though, this package, right now, would not have won in Spa. I refuse to believe that in-season development can go backwards by 1 second. There's something bigger behind the slump.

Still so many play the FIA support Merc card, our failings are at our own door nothing to do with the FIA.....
    True that. We have nobody else to blame but ourselves. Both team and drivers (Seb for the most part) made too many mistakes. One can't deny that Hamilton is driving masterfully. He makes very few mistakes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Next year's simpler aero rules should also be a disadvantage to RBR as their aero package is the most advanced one. What they might gain by a more competitive Honda engine they might lose with the aero. I guess Newey isn't too happy about that. So if we can keep the longer wheelbase to be more competitive on real circuits and sometimes be more competitive than RBR on street circuits because of the rules then there are points to gain there as well.

Right now though. We have lost all the great traction out of slower corners and great early straight line speed because of that. You can see it with the eyes only.

Exactly we had the car to win this championship and threw it away in Germany

Everyone criticizes Max for making so many mistakes. But this boy is only 21 years old and Vettlel is 10 years older and is a 4-time world champion. Max reminds Senna with his uncompromising driving style. In terms of speed, it is currently the fastest F1 driver. I hope he will be the next Ferrari driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Best Ferrari in a decade and its being used this way. What a waste.

Its bringing shame upon the team.
    It was a great car before Singapore. Ferrari lost the plot after Singapore GP, upgrades are not working properly.

(OT, at least Khabib destroyed that loud mouth ***** Mcgregor )

We don't need Max. We need fewer mistakes from sebastian next year.
    Sebastian Vettel is not as fast as lewis hamilton

Sebastian vettel is not a better racer thah lewis hamilton.

How much more do you guys need to see before you get that.

Its not "luck".

He's just not on that level.

Just look at Verstappen's qualifying record vs Riccardo. Says it all, the kid is just on a different level.

100%... not only he. But team should get behind him+ avoid silly strategy errors. 1 or 2 is fine. But continuously faltering is not a good sign of great team.
    Shouda, coulda, woulda, make less mistakes, that's all Seb needs to do. But when? Why not now? Max not Seb got a 5sec. penalty and a podium. Seb has a better car than Max for sure, no help! Max was trying to catch and beat Lewis, no WDC in mind, just wanting to win the race. Max just turned 21 yrs. old.

FerrariSteve Guest
    You are correct to say it's our fault to some extent, Seb has made FAR too many mistakes this year, utterly throwing masses of points away, but that said you cannot deny Merc get away with so much and get so much "help", because they are buddy buddies with the FIA, Whiting and most importantly Pirelli.

This whole Merc domination phase started back when they had a hidden (and illegal) Tyre test with Pirelli and since then Pirelli have been bending over backwards to help Merc and keep them at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    You are correct to say it's our fault to some extent, Seb has made FAR too many mistakes this year, utterly throwing masses of points away, but that said you cannot deny Merc get away with so much and get so much "help", because they are buddy buddies with the FIA, Whiting and most importantly Pirelli.

This whole Merc domination phase started back when they had a hidden (and illegal) Tyre test with Pirelli and since then Pirelli have been bending over backwards to help Merc and keep them at the top.
    Agreed. But F1 is not really a sport anymore. Ferrari and Mercedes have ruined it with politics.

Its a disgrace that engines dominate they do and that only 2 teams can win the championship.

The dependency other teams have on engine suppliers is terrible for the sport.

If the more drivers had winning machinery the wdc would be fought by Hamilton verstappen alonso and riccardo and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    Agreed. But F1 is not really a sport anymore. Ferrari and Mercedes have ruined it with politics.

Its a disgrace that engines dominate they do and that only 2 teams can win the championship.

The dependency other teams have on engine suppliers is terrible for the sport.

If the more drivers had winning machinery the wdc would be fought by Hamilton verstappen alonso and riccardo and a few others.
    Have you only just started watching F1?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Have you only just started watching F1?
    It would seem he did

So Seb said he saw a gap and went for it. How on earth did he think he can get past Max there? Like he doesn't know Max, he could have waited for the straight after and got him after 130R.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    So Seb said he saw a gap and went for it. How on earth did he think he can get past Max there? Like he doesn't know Max, he could have waited for the straight after and got him after 130R.

I suppose he can console himself that it will have little bearing on the end result.

But if it had being earlier in the season, or if Lewis and Vettel had being tied on points then it would have being a complete eff up.