Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2018 USA GP: Practices and Qualifying

Dont really care at all about the penalty.What i really care is how bad we keep performing!!! Both cars didnt have the upgrades.They didnt deliver?? We wasnt suppose to use it anyway?? It was a test(for 1 period with 1 car on a wet track i dont call it a test!!!) for next year?? What really bothers me is the downfall for the last 3-4 races. Its a complete meltdown!!!We lost SO much pace like half of the car was illegal and . We dring updates that they dont work.Its like in the summer break half of the team changed and the new one really sucks!! What a shame!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

FerrariSteve Guest
    I understand getting a penalty for going too fast when the session was red flagged BUT.. why the hell did they red flag it over a little bit of gravel on the track? that was stupid.

It's not how start but how you finish.

wont be watching the race, hamilton will get #5
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    wont be watching the race, hamilton will get #5
    yup, i guess the FIGHT FOR 5 is finally be over in TEXAS, with TWO CHAINS being crowned......oh well, it was good while it lasted.....and honestly, he DESERVES to be win the WDC this year.....he was by FAR driver with hardly any mistakes, cool head and really good under pressure.....which sadly i cannot say the same about VETTEL.....

hopefully LeClerc will show Vettel how it's done in 2019......
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It's amazing how Vettel keeps shooting himself in the foot. Pretty annoying actually.

Wow what great a news to hear, early in the mrng.... penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wow what great a news to hear, early in the mrng.... penalty.
    even without teh penalty mate, Vet would NEVER had a chance anymore at teh WDC this year.....from the onboards of that Ferrari driving it the wet was just TOO painful to watch.....really nervous and sliding everywhere.....as opposed to teh Merc which looked pretty good in the wet....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    even without teh penalty mate, Vet would NEVER had a chance anymore at teh WDC this year.....from the onboards of that Ferrari driving it the wet was just TOO painful to watch.....really nervous and sliding everywhere.....as opposed to teh Merc which looked pretty good in the wet....
    What could be the problem??? Definetly they are not able to bring those tyres into right window...!!
    Traction couldn’t be a problem ...!!

Trying to be less angry..

Crazy how everything fall apart after Belgium GP. Terrible second half for Ferrari and Vettel...

Do you all think that those mistakes are coming naturally? Even the worst driver won't be doing those. It was fixed from the beginning bit unfortunately our car was to good and they stopped the development of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    Do you all think that those mistakes are coming naturally? Even the worst driver won't be doing those. It was fixed from the beginning bit unfortunately our car was to good and they stopped the development of it.

This is by far the craziest thing I read over here when it comes to conspiracy theories

Yesterday, during fp2 , french television said Leclerc was faster and not by a small margin than Vettel the two days of testing for the 2019 tyres at Paul Ricard circuit .
    They tried to ask Leclerc if it was the truth , he didn't answer politely and tried to escape to another subject ..

I've spent a lot of time this year trying to make allowances for Seb's mistakes, this latest one is again debatable but rules are rules, however silly and fixed they may be. I cannot believe that our best chance for a WCC/WDC has been eroded to such an extent that we've become an embarrassment. And HAM will again be the benefactor, just as he was in claiming the 2008 WDC from Felipe, but this year he's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I've spent a lot of time this year trying to make allowances for Seb's mistakes, this latest one is again debatable but rules are rules, however silly and fixed they may be. I cannot believe that our best chance for a WCC/WDC has been eroded to such an extent that we've become an embarrassment. And HAM will again be the benefactor, just as he was in claiming the 2008 WDC from Felipe, but this year he's earned it.
    Well said!

ferrari probably hoping for dry sessions today after been so outperformed in the wet conditions by mercs & rb and pretty much all the other lower slower teams matching ferrari . also got no conclusive data on new parts but seeing that they ran back old spec floor etc seems like yet another failure by maranello since summer break
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Have you read f1fantic?

Mercedes kept their lapping to a minimum in the wet practice on Friday, unlike Ferrari. Hamilton explained why he did so few laps.

It wasn’t about the risk. It was more just we have a certain amount of sets of tyres and if it rains tomorrow in qualifying and [final practice] we want to use those other sets that we have and save them for qualifying. When the tyre’s brand new it has sharp edges on the tyres. For example a tyre that’s used, once you scrub the tyre in you start to tear those edges up and what that means is it doesn’t get rid of the water quicker enough. You have less grip and less efficiency. Naturally when you do qualifying you want fresh, brand new tyres to have as many shots at it.

But I see the Ferraris just pounding around, destroying their tyres. They’ve gone in [second practice] again pounding around and they’ve got no tyres left. So if it is wet tomorrow they’ll have one set less than us. It might not hinder them too much but we think more long-term. I could pound around and do 10, 15, 20 laps and it wouldn’t make a difference, I’d still be able to do the time that I did. You can find some things on your laps but better to do it in qualifying, or [final practice] at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    ferrari probably hoping for dry sessions today after been so outperformed in the wet conditions by mercs & rb and pretty much all the other lower slower teams matching ferrari . also got no conclusive data on new parts but seeing that they ran back old spec floor etc seems like yet another failure by maranello since summer break
    Is that all, let it all come out now. Just tell me what you really think.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Can't resist bashing Ferrari, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Have you read f1fantic?

Mercedes kept their lapping to a minimum in the wet practice on Friday, unlike Ferrari. Hamilton explained why he did so few laps.

makes sense. All teams have a limited supply of inters and full (wet tires)...I believe it's 4 sets of inters and 3 sets of full. Being that they(MB) are saving them for FP3 and quali. Race day should be dry.

I was wondering why MB did so few laps during FP1 and FP2 but it all makes sense now.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Have you read f1fantic?

that sucks, i thought charlie might give an extra set to give incentive for cars to run in fp1 and fp2
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

surprised leclerc not taking another gearbox unless i missed it

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

This is by far the craziest thing I read over here when it comes to conspiracy theories
    There is no conspiracy. If you think otherwise, can you explain the reason WHY?

So Arrivabene said that the new wheel design of Mercedes is still being reviewed and under investigation by the FIA.
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...89697270898688

There is no conspiracy. If you think otherwise, can you explain the reason WHY?
    Mistakes by team and driver, lack of development and success of it. Have you thought about that?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Mistakes by team and driver, lack of development and success of it. Have you thought about that?
    Yes, that is when you are stuck and not going forward, but we have gone background.

Yes, that is when you are stuck and not going forward, but we have gone background.
    Ferrari stuck, and the rest went forward!