Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 683

Thread: 2018 USA GP: Race Thread

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    mexico will be tough same as brazil, the altitude in mexico supposed to make engines less effective, whilst there are many slower corners there, brazil has plenty corners too
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I won't be surprised if Max wins one of the remaining races.
    mexico imo, engine deficit goes low there
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Finally road block Bottas didn't get the job done. He was nowhere today, getting passed by a guy starting 18th and another that had a spun in the first lap, returning in 16th place.
    as much as i can remember he hasnt won this year, even though yeah he had some wins in the bag before taken away, but imagine he ends up winless this year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    mexico will be tough same as brazil, the altitude in mexico supposed to make engines less effective, whilst there are many slower corners there, brazil has plenty corners too
    Hopefully Mexico, because of the altitude, will turn out like Austria. Double Merc DNF. Although, last year they didn't have a problem of that sort.

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    as much as i can remember he hasnt won this year, even though yeah he had some wins in the bag before taken away, but imagine he ends up winless this year
    he should've won in Baku i think it was, but got a puncture a few laps from the end (of course no such bad luck for Ham).

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    he should've won in Baku i think it was, but got a puncture a few laps from the end (of course no such bad luck for Ham).
    And he got robbed in Sochi

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,015
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    You can always check winter testing times from Barcelona. That's the closest. Look also who complained the most...and who reacted to the complaining.
    So the times are not in black and white as you claim? what a shock..
    Forza Ferrari

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,015
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Hopefully Mexico, because of the altitude, will turn out like Austria. Double Merc DNF. Although, last year they didn't have a problem of that sort.
    FIA will give them new engines etc without letting anyone else know
    Forza Ferrari

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,385
    To round things off. It's such a shame Seb is now throwing away points at every race, not just from time to time. Germany was one thing but then came Monza. Then came Suzuka and then came today. The only ones I don't blame him for are Baku and France. But lately he's been pathetic. Ferrari clearly had the car today for a 1-2 even from 2nd and 5th on the grid. Too bad that great acceleration "trick" couldn't be shown today in full. But one could see hints when Kimi was defending from Lewis before the pitstop. Kimi's win because of that is really bittersweet. I will not be surprised if Ferrari are up there at the last three races and then we lose the WCC by 30-40 points. That will be tough. But obviously it will then be all too well orchestrated to look as it was all down to Seb's mistakes and some from the pitwall. That's how it will go down in history. But living through it on a week to week basis you know that's not the entire story. You just don't go from being 0.6-0.8 slower on three so different circuits as Singapore, Sochi and Suzuka to be at least as quick as Merc in Austin but with better tyre management. That's the story from the first half of the season and then obviously some other factors came into play after Spa/Monza.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,015
    The trick you refer to is not acceleration but top end speed LOL but that last post really is something else....log off and come back to reality.
    Forza Ferrari

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,354
    Kimi's the only driver to have won a race during the V6,V8 and V10 era of F1

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So the times are not in black and white as you claim? what a shock..
    You asked for times on normal tyres at these circuits. As these tyres weren't used at these circuits there obviously are no times on them. Winter testing is the closest and Seb's cryptic testing comment the days after the Barcelona race. Don't play dumb.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Kimi's the only driver to have won a race during the V6,V8 and V10 era of F1
    Wow, that's some good fact.
    Red is the only color!!!

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,015
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    You asked for times on normal tyres at these circuits. As these tyres weren't used at these circuits there obviously are no times on them. Winter testing is the closest and Seb's cryptic testing comment the days after the Barcelona race. Don't play dumb.
    So winter testing is the same as a GP weekend...oooooh ok then. I won't reply no more to your posts as it seems am I am only fuelling your paranoia.
    Forza Ferrari

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The trick you refer to is not acceleration but top end speed LOL but that last post really is something else....log off and come back to reality.
    Top end speed has nothing to do with it. That's the phase where Merc is at least as fast. It's the initial acceleration phase as shown by Renault's GPS data from earlier in the year.

  16. #586
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So winter testing is the same as a GP weekend...oooooh ok then. I won't reply no more to your posts as it seems am I am only fuelling your paranoia.
    If it's totally different then why did Merc complain to Pirelli? Obviously because, unlike you, they knew what was waiting for them if the tyres would remain the same as in testing. You do know why F1 teams test, do you?

  17. #587
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,015
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Top end speed has nothing to do with it. That's the phase where Merc is at least as fast. It's the initial acceleration phase as shown by Renault's GPS data from earlier in the year.
    The GPS data that showed us pulling ahead at the top end of speed you mean? Oh yeah even your paranoia is paranoid.
    Forza Ferrari

  18. #588
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    764
    I told you something was wrong in last few months with Seb, in the begininng of the season he was amazing in the races and something big happened like I suspected. I know how it is when you lose you grandfather and many more, it changes you, you need at least few month to fully recovery, every loss of human life does broke you a little bit, and this might happened with Seb at the wrong time. He just isnt focused like he was before for racing, in the end he is just human like we are all after all, with mistakes...

    The point.

    Apparently, Vettel had a big family loss, recently.

    Sky Italia
    Last edited by Vettel165; 21st October 2018 at 22:26.

  19. #589
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The GPS data that showed us pulling ahead at the top end of speed you mean? Oh yeah even your paranoia is paranoid.
    I though you weren't going to reply anymore? You can't even keep what you wrote a minute earlier. I on the other hand will do just that.

  20. #590
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,291
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If kimi delivers these kind of performances consistently, then itís worthy keeping him.
    Vettel, this year he hasnít had that luck. Hopefully next year he turns it on. I still back him, because he delivered good results with ferrari. He owns it everything when itís bad
    No, Vettel made stupid mistakes, rookie's mistakes and gifted 3 wins to Ham.

  21. #591
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    No, Vettel made stupid mistakes, rookie's mistakes and gifted 3 wins to Ham.
    Well we all make mistakes in life... Move on....

  22. #592
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    66
    P1. On this day in 2007 i also won the championship. Thank you Ferrari, Thank you to Italy, Thanks to a Great Team, in my heart you will always be family !!!!






    Damn you, Kimi... I really didn't need the tears.

  23. #593
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,552
    KMag and Ocon disqualified from the race. Both for their cars consuming more than 105kg of fuel.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  24. #594
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,552
    21 years and 21 days old, Max times his first USGP 2018 podium to perfection!

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqD0ZzaXcAAMCA5.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #595
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,552
    Final drivers classification after the 2 DQ's

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqEX-zEX4AE8ou2.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  26. #596
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,552
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  27. #597
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    188
    Would be nice to be able to snatch the constructors title. It will be tough though.

  28. #598
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,457
    Didn't miss a race all season apart from this one.... Kimi wins !
    Don't know why but this win made me so happy I forgot about seb losing out to Hamilton. I know it's difficult but hope we can win the WCC.

  29. #599
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Didn't miss a race all season apart from this one.... Kimi wins !
    Don't know why but this win made me so happy I forgot about seb losing out to Hamilton. I know it's difficult but hope we can win the WCC.
    maybe you should stay away from wathing races more often if it works and ferrari bring wins home.....lol
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  30. #600
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    5,143
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    last year seb was great at wheel to wheel even when they touched the car was rock solid this year he has been unlucky everytime
    Luck has nothing to do with it. Maybe you should stop being blind fanboy and acknowledge Vettel's costly mistakes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •