Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2018 USA GP: Race Thread

mexico will be tough same as brazil, the altitude in mexico supposed to make engines less effective, whilst there are many slower corners there, brazil has plenty corners too
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I won't be surprised if Max wins one of the remaining races.
    mexico imo, engine deficit goes low there
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Finally road block Bottas didn't get the job done. He was nowhere today, getting passed by a guy starting 18th and another that had a spun in the first lap, returning in 16th place.
    as much as i can remember he hasnt won this year, even though yeah he had some wins in the bag before taken away, but imagine he ends up winless this year

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    mexico will be tough same as brazil, the altitude in mexico supposed to make engines less effective, whilst there are many slower corners there, brazil has plenty corners too
    Hopefully Mexico, because of the altitude, will turn out like Austria. Double Merc DNF. Although, last year they didn't have a problem of that sort.

as much as i can remember he hasnt won this year, even though yeah he had some wins in the bag before taken away, but imagine he ends up winless this year
    he should've won in Baku i think it was, but got a puncture a few laps from the end (of course no such bad luck for Ham).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    he should've won in Baku i think it was, but got a puncture a few laps from the end (of course no such bad luck for Ham).
    And he got robbed in Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    You can always check winter testing times from Barcelona. That's the closest. Look also who complained the most...and who reacted to the complaining.
    So the times are not in black and white as you claim? what a shock..
    Forza Ferrari

Hopefully Mexico, because of the altitude, will turn out like Austria. Double Merc DNF. Although, last year they didn't have a problem of that sort.
    FIA will give them new engines etc without letting anyone else know
    Forza Ferrari

To round things off. It's such a shame Seb is now throwing away points at every race, not just from time to time. Germany was one thing but then came Monza. Then came Suzuka and then came today. The only ones I don't blame him for are Baku and France. But lately he's been pathetic. Ferrari clearly had the car today for a 1-2 even from 2nd and 5th on the grid. Too bad that great acceleration "trick" couldn't be shown today in full. But one could see hints when Kimi was defending from Lewis before the pitstop. Kimi's win because of that is really bittersweet. I will not be surprised if Ferrari are up there at the last three races and then we lose the WCC by 30-40 points. That will be tough. But obviously it will then be all too well orchestrated to look as it was all down to Seb's mistakes and some from the pitwall. That's how it will go down in history. But living through it on a week to week basis you know that's not the entire story. You just don't go from being 0.6-0.8 slower on three so different circuits as Singapore, Sochi and Suzuka to be at least as quick as Merc in Austin but with better tyre management. That's the story from the first half of the season and then obviously some other factors came into play after Spa/Monza.

The trick you refer to is not acceleration but top end speed LOL but that last post really is something else....log off and come back to reality.
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi's the only driver to have won a race during the V6,V8 and V10 era of F1

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So the times are not in black and white as you claim? what a shock..
    You asked for times on normal tyres at these circuits. As these tyres weren't used at these circuits there obviously are no times on them. Winter testing is the closest and Seb's cryptic testing comment the days after the Barcelona race. Don't play dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Kimi's the only driver to have won a race during the V6,V8 and V10 era of F1
    Wow, that's some good fact.
    Red is the only color!!!

You asked for times on normal tyres at these circuits. As these tyres weren't used at these circuits there obviously are no times on them. Winter testing is the closest and Seb's cryptic testing comment the days after the Barcelona race. Don't play dumb.
    So winter testing is the same as a GP weekend...oooooh ok then. I won't reply no more to your posts as it seems am I am only fuelling your paranoia.
    Forza Ferrari

The trick you refer to is not acceleration but top end speed LOL but that last post really is something else....log off and come back to reality.
    Top end speed has nothing to do with it. That's the phase where Merc is at least as fast. It's the initial acceleration phase as shown by Renault's GPS data from earlier in the year.

So winter testing is the same as a GP weekend...oooooh ok then. I won't reply no more to your posts as it seems am I am only fuelling your paranoia.
    If it's totally different then why did Merc complain to Pirelli? Obviously because, unlike you, they knew what was waiting for them if the tyres would remain the same as in testing. You do know why F1 teams test, do you?

Top end speed has nothing to do with it. That's the phase where Merc is at least as fast. It's the initial acceleration phase as shown by Renault's GPS data from earlier in the year.
    The GPS data that showed us pulling ahead at the top end of speed you mean? Oh yeah even your paranoia is paranoid.
    Forza Ferrari

I told you something was wrong in last few months with Seb, in the begininng of the season he was amazing in the races and something big happened like I suspected. I know how it is when you lose you grandfather and many more, it changes you, you need at least few month to fully recovery, every loss of human life does broke you a little bit, and this might happened with Seb at the wrong time. He just isnt focused like he was before for racing, in the end he is just human like we are all after all, with mistakes...

The point.

Apparently, Vettel had a big family loss, recently.

Sky Italia
    Last edited by Vettel165; 21st October 2018 at 21:26.

The GPS data that showed us pulling ahead at the top end of speed you mean? Oh yeah even your paranoia is paranoid.
    I though you weren't going to reply anymore? You can't even keep what you wrote a minute earlier. I on the other hand will do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If kimi delivers these kind of performances consistently, then it’s worthy keeping him.
    Vettel, this year he hasn’t had that luck. Hopefully next year he turns it on. I still back him, because he delivered good results with ferrari. He owns it everything when it’s bad
    No, Vettel made stupid mistakes, rookie's mistakes and gifted 3 wins to Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    No, Vettel made stupid mistakes, rookie's mistakes and gifted 3 wins to Ham.
    Well we all make mistakes in life... Move on....

P1. On this day in 2007 i also won the championship. Thank you Ferrari, Thank you to Italy, Thanks to a Great Team, in my heart you will always be family !!!!

Damn you, Kimi... I really didn't need the tears.

KMag and Ocon disqualified from the race. Both for their cars consuming more than 105kg of fuel.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

21 years and 21 days old, Max times his first USGP 2018 podium to perfection!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqD0ZzaXcAAMCA5.jpg

Final drivers classification after the 2 DQ's

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqEX-zEX4AE8ou2.jpg

Would be nice to be able to snatch the constructors title. It will be tough though.

Didn't miss a race all season apart from this one.... Kimi wins !
    Don't know why but this win made me so happy I forgot about seb losing out to Hamilton. I know it's difficult but hope we can win the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Didn't miss a race all season apart from this one.... Kimi wins !
    Don't know why but this win made me so happy I forgot about seb losing out to Hamilton. I know it's difficult but hope we can win the WCC.
    maybe you should stay away from wathing races more often if it works and ferrari bring wins home.....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

last year seb was great at wheel to wheel even when they touched the car was rock solid this year he has been unlucky everytime
    Luck has nothing to do with it. Maybe you should stop being blind fanboy and acknowledge Vettel's costly mistakes.