Page 1 of 23 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 USA GP: Race Thread

2018 USA GP: Race Thread

What hapen with SV?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post
    What hapen with SV?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
    3 place grid Penalty for ignoring/ not enough slow down under red-flag in fp1

The speed we found this weekend is a pleasant surprise. I would have expected an easy Mercedes 1-2, with our boys over 0,5s behind Lewis in qualy. The car looks good, both Seb and Kimi look fast enough to give Hamilton a hard job today. Bottas's distant 4th shows he doesn't have the speed to challenge for a win today. Only scenario for him is passing Kimi at the start and hope Lewis is giving presents for all the help. For us a good start is key for both our guys. Kimi can win this if he gets past Lewis with the faster tire and give himself a good margin to close it out with the chosen harder tire compound in the 2nd half. Seb can win this if he doesn't get stuck too much time behind Ricciardo and Bottas and of course him being faster than Kimi and Lewis. Hamilton's has the best chance here, he just needs to keep Kimi behind until the pitstop. He will have the faster tire towards the end and can just manage the gap if he comes out 1st out of the pitstop entries.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 21st October 2018 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    The speed we found this weekend is a pleasant surprise. I would have expected an easy Mercedes 1-2, with our boys over 0,5s behind Lewis in qualy. The car looks good, both Seb and Kimi look fast enough to give Hamilton a hard job today. Bottas's distant 4th shows he doesn't have the speed to challenge for a win today. Only scenario for him is passing Kimi at the start and hope Lewis is giving presents for all the help. For us a good start is key for both our guys. Kimi can win this if he gets past Lewis with the faster tire and give himself a good margin to close it out with the chosen harder tire compound in the 2nd half. Seb can win this if he doesn't get stuck too much time behind Ricciardo and Bottas and of course him being faster than Kimi and Lewis. Hamilton's has the best chance here, he just needs to keep Kimi behind until the pitstop. He will have the faster tire towards the end and can just manage the gap if he comes out 1st out of the pitstop entries.
    yeah, but the BIG unknown is HOW the tires will last over the distance, because of WET free practice, no one did enough long runs on either of the tires....so it's gonna be intersting who's gonna have blisters on their tires.....hopefully the Mercs.....but i'm not too sure of that as the Merc seem to have fixed their tires issues as of late
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Just to make things interesting Pirelli have increased the minimum rear tyre pressures from 20psi to 21.5psi (slicks), consequentially that'll likely require teams to adjust the fronts above the minimum too (which is 21psi).

wonder which silver team will benefit from this
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    wonder which silver team will benefit from this
    why would they all of a sudden do this??? i'm SURE it's for safety purposes......right!!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why would they all of a sudden do this??? i'm SURE it's for safety purposes......right!!!!!
    ofcause!!! why else
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Nothing has changed from two weeks ago. For even to have a small chance at the WCC Merc has to have DNFs, at least two. Merc doesn't need to win anymore races. They take the WCC with four 3-4 finishes (they can even afford to be 4th and 5th once).

It's more interesting why Ferrari suddenly are back to the earlier form and what that will mean in terms of politics and the FIA. Should Ferrari also be more competitive in the entire race then there will be more talk about it, for sure. I wonder what Whiting will say then...

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    It's more interesting why Ferrari suddenly are back to the earlier form and what that will mean in terms of politics and the FIA. Should Ferrari also be more competitive in the entire race then there will be more talk about it, for sure. I wonder what Whiting will say then...
    He might ask why WE never realised our updates made us slower and removed them quicker I suppose.....
    Forza Ferrari

Nothing has changed from two weeks ago. For even to have a small chance at the WCC Merc has to have DNFs, at least two. Merc doesn't need to win anymore races. They take the WCC with four 3-4 finishes (they can even afford to be 4th and 5th once).

most of the rumors as to why ferrari are suddenly closer to mercs again is that the updates they brought to help with tyre blistering and more pace after monza has been an epic fail. all the changes made the car unbalanced and hard to drive whilst being slightly better on tyres so trading speed for longer tyre use.

they supposedly went back to the pre singapore car parts and updates so even though its much less developed its somehow still faster, but the issue with fast tyre deg should still exact

lol thats the rumor which has nothing to do with fia or the engine, still seems hard for me to believe that the team would be that super incompetent with so much downgrades before reverting back

Pirelli up to their usual shenanigans, increasing tyre pressure means reducing overall grip and temperature. I don't know if increasing tyre pressure affects Ferrari but why change it now?

Probably they want to make sure Hamilton clings his 5th title today.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Pirelli up to their usual shenanigans, increasing tyre pressure means reducing overall grip and temperature. I don't know if increasing tyre pressure affects Ferrari but why change it now?
    this

so saw an analysis between merc v ferrari, it said Ferrari are running much less DF which is better for overtaking but worse on tyres. seb gained about 0.5s *edit on the straights combined compared to merc who gain in almost every corner

FerrariSteve Guest
    Yeah, because 12 pieces of gravel on the track was SOOOOOOOOOOO dangerous. omg!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Probably they want to make sure Hamilton clings his 5th title today.
    This. Something is fishy....I’ve always said it and always will. Hamilton’s championships are all fake. For some reason they are doing everything possible to make sure he wins this weekend.

- Vettel grid penalty
    - no penalties for the 2 mercs for driving slow on the inlap
    - hamilton running all 4 wheels off track on his pole lap - nothing happens
    - pirelli magically changing tire pressures hours before the race

F1 = joke
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

so saw an analysis between merc v ferrari, it said Ferrari are running much less DF which is better for overtaking but worse on tyres. seb gained about 0.5s *edit on the straights combined compared to merc who gain in almost every corner
    Don’t think so... kimi with diff RW config to vettel who’s is fastest in S1, kimi fastest in S2

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t think so... kimi with diff RW config to vettel who’s is fastest in S1, kimi fastest in S2
    i saw that on that karun guys page about half an hour ago i believe thats what he worked out but maybe you right, saw this graphic

why dont he just take all new PU parts for the rest of the season, supposedly still starts p18 so hasnt done that yet

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    This. Something is fishy....I’ve always said it and always will. Hamilton’s championships are all fake. For some reason they are doing everything possible to make sure he wins this weekend.

- Vettel grid penalty

F1 = joke
    So, fia made Seb not slow down for red flags, and so got the standard penalty

The 2 Mercs driving slow, maybe you should compare like for like

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He might ask why WE never realised our updates made us slower and removed them quicker I suppose.....
    You're at it again I see. So what package are we running in Austin? The Suzuka, Sochi or Singapore one? Because we were really quick around there...

Maybe we're running the Monza and Spa package...makes sense as Austin is a power circuit like Spa and Monza...LOL. We're obviously running the Budapest one, that was great. Maybe we're running the Hockenheim one...

lol thats the rumor which has nothing to do with fia or the engine, still seems hard for me to believe that the team would be that super incompetent with so much downgrades before reverting back
    Greig thinks the team is incompetent and can't react in time. LOL

FerrariSteve Guest
    New water pumps on both Mercs.. they had a leak.
    of course with it being Mercedes it NEVER happens in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    New water pumps on both Mercs.. they had a leak.
    of course with it being Mercedes it NEVER happens in the race.
    Except Austria, which is one more than Ferrari.......

Seems odd that Pirelli have changed the tyre pressures so close to the race, we are a suspicious lot and it's hardly surprising, am I being naive to think it may be due to the lack of data after the wet FP runs? Or just another way of tipping the balance once again towards a HAM victory. Good luck ragazzi, let's show them we're still fighting.

You're at it again I see. So what package are we running in Austin? The Suzuka, Sochi or Singapore one? Because we were really quick around there...

Maybe we're running the Monza and Spa package...makes sense as Austin is a power circuit like Spa and Monza...LOL. We're obviously running the Budapest one, that was great. Maybe we're running the Hockenheim one...

Greig thinks the team is incompetent and can't react in time. LOL
    We run the package the FIA tell us too so it helps Merc, everything we do is controlled by FIA.

But in reality - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ecent-upgrades

Incompetent you say?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Seems odd that Pirelli have changed the tyre pressures so close to the race, we are a suspicious lot and it's hardly surprising, am I being naive to think it may be due to the lack of data after the wet FP runs? Or just another way of tipping the balance once again towards a HAM victory. Good luck ragazzi, let's show them we're still fighting.
    Probably due to having no real dry data until yesterday, nobody has any idea if it will help any team but that won't stop people just deciding anyway that it helps Merc lol
    Forza Ferrari

Something strange is happening with Ferrari's pace. I wonder if we where allowed to use something we couldn't in recent weeks, there is just to much difference, some sidepods can't get you that kind of gain. As for the not working upgrades, I think the team can see that in a weekend and if they don' t bring time gain, not use them. You can say this weekend wasnt enough time to see if upgrades work or not, but what about recent races, surely if upgrades didnt work the team would have enough data to see that.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 21st October 2018 at 16:29.

Mercedes confirms water pump changes on both Hamilton and Bottas' cars. Bottas had leak in qualifying, with an issue also spotted on Hamilton's. Old pumps of the same spec to now be fitted
    no problems now

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

- Vettel grid penalty

F1 = joke
    Same penalty others got this year, Seb should have slowed down quite simply
    Ocon and Bottas, not 2 Mercs really and neither would affect if Lewis wins or not
    Everyone ran wide at turn 9 not just Lewis
    You have no idea if the pressures help anyone
    Forza Ferrari