Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: 2018 Brazil Interlagos GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If that is how you feel about the sport, go watch something else. Give up on F1.

I have hardly watched a live race this year, been few. But not many. I got more interests in other racing. But still follow the results and the odd race live. End of the day, having an opinion on what Lewis did, and is wrong to yours, doesnt mean they a fan of them. Its just being an adult, rather than throwing toys out of the pram. while wearing a tinfoil hat blamming FIA, Liberty for loving Lewis and Mercedes.
    Why have you lost interest in the sport and gained in other racing series? Why have you not watched many live races this year? You’re probably just as tired as me and everyone else in this forum. No tin foil hats, no conspiracies...just tired. But that doesn’t mean that I need to leave. I love Ferrari, I still like the sport...as I said in an earlier post..I hope we all have more positive things to talk about next season.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Why have you lost interest in the sport and gained in other racing series? Why have you not watched many live races this year? You’re probably just as tired as me and everyone else in this forum. No tin foil hats, no conspiracies...just tired. But that doesn’t mean that I need to leave. I love Ferrari, I still like the sport...as I said in an earlier post..I hope we all have more positive things to talk about next season.
    F1 doesnt "do it" for me anymore. Its not the "conspiracies" This happened over 10years ago. And even more in past 5 years, got to become friends with Ferrari GT drivers, and the AF Corse team members. They have opened the "arms" and welcomed me and my family to their family, AF Corse and Clearwater Racing, text, speak to them 2-3 times a week, speak to few drivers about the same. My kids, Keira and Jacob now love AF Corse, Keira bless her got crushes on James, Sam and Francesco. Love the endurance part and the close racing. Even during the races, i can text Franseco, and few of mechanic friends and will text me back, filling me in on the strategies and how the cars are.

Now because of this, i got a close connection to the team, and that makes watching even more enjoyable, feel part of it.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    should be a straight fight between Seb & Ham.
    RBR are not in contention surely?
    Yes to " Should have been." Ferrari has the car to fight for sure. The R Bull car as you say is not in contention with Merc and Ferrari. What is Max doing up in front of Seb by a 100 miles ? It's not the R Bull car, it's Max behind the wheel!! And Kimi with another podium to keep Ferrari sane!! They got ride of the wrong driver. 6th, 7th place is not the #1 drivers place to finish. Forget team orders, where's Seb ??? Kimi can't find him. The only threat to" Eighty poles" is Max , 2019 included. It's not the R bull car, it's the driver. just ask Dan!
    Last edited by Brembo; 11th November 2018 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Yes to " Should have been." Ferrari has the car to fight for sure. The R Bull car as you say is not in contention with Merc and Ferrari. What is Max doing up in front of Seb by a 100 miles ? It's not the R Bull car, it's Max behind the wheel!! And Kimi with another podium to keep Ferrari sane!! They got ride of the wrong driver. 6th, 7th place is not the #1 drivers place to finish. Forget team orders, where's Seb ??? Kimi can't find him. The only threat to" Eighty poles" is Max , 2019 included. It's not the R bull car, it's the driver. just ask Dan!
    Vettel had problems with his car since the formation lap.

When Ferrari builds a car that is competitive and continually improves it over the course of the season, they will get their championships. That's how Mercedes did it last year and this year. Ferrari has had moments of brilliance, but simply has not been consistently good enough.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post

When Ferrari builds a car that is competitive and continually improves it over the course of the season, they will get their championships. That's how Mercedes did it last year and this year. Ferrari has had moments of brilliance, but simply has not been consistently good enough.
    yup, totally agree.....CONSISTENCY is KEY.....both in driver to deliver as well as the TEAM having perfect strategy calls....etc where this year both driver (SEB) and the team
    Last edited by Rob; 12th November 2018 at 07:29.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

So Kimi's car was the car to have! Another podium for the need to improve car with Kimi driving to the podium. A moment of brilliance for Kimi? Or the car? God help Leclerc!

So Kimi's car was the car to have! Another podium for the need to improve car with Kimi driving to the podium. A moment of brilliance for Kimi? Or the car? God help Leclerc!
    He has 51 points less than Vettel and hasn't lead a title hunt in like 11 years...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yup, totally agree.....CONSISTENCY is KEY.....both in driver to deliver as well as the TEAM having perfect strategy calls....etc where this year both driver (SEB) and the team
    If Red Bull get a decent engine next year they will give both Mercedes and Ferrari a run for the money

He has 51 points less than Vettel and hasn't lead a title hunt in like 11 years...
    That's the #2 guy's job , what you just described. Kimi got cut loose 2nd. half this year and lived on the podium! Seb held his own 5th. 6th. place. Had Kimi been cut loose earlier he would have 51 pts. over the German. Well he's gone and we still have Shumy Jr. to bring us the titles next year! Eighty Poles; and Max have no chance against the German in his Ferrari!!!

That's the #2 guy's job , what you just described. Kimi got cut loose 2nd. half this year and lived on the podium! Seb held his own 5th. 6th. place. Had Kimi been cut loose earlier he would have 51 pts. over the German. Well he's gone and we still have Shumy Jr. to bring us the titles next year! Eighty Poles; and Max have no chance against the German in his Ferrari!!!
    Yeah; Kimi was being held back by his own team during the first half, then was magically cut loose. If only they let him race! We would have won the WCC! C'mon man, how can you write that with a straight face!

Disappointed Since 2010

Yeah; Kimi was being held back by his own team during the first half, then was magically cut loose. If only they let him race! We would have won the WCC! C'mon man, how can you write that with a straight face!
    Kimi has had 3 DNF, and none of them is his fault. So, not bad from Old Man, he would be equal with Seb without those. Seb had a bad year.

No magic involved , just cut the team orders when the German started stinking up the place! Kimi's podiums were real! Ferrari even allowed Kimi to wave the trophies on the podium. Seb's mistakes and praying to finish in the points was real. Kimi's DNFs were real. Ok I'm just joking about anyone beating Eighty Poles to the WDC, WCC , it couldn't be done. Dissing Kimi , and making excuses for the German just ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

When the cars are closely matched, as was the SF71H & W09 (i personally think the Ferrari was the quicker car more often)--a team can't afford to have BOTH their lead driver, and the pitwall, making multiple mistakes together. Just look at Mercedes. Their pitwall team often got things wrong with the strategy. They also made loads of mistakes with strategy (e.g. in Australia, China, Bahrain, Austria, Russia, Usa etc) but having Hamilton driving well, not compounding those pitwall mistakes, often made the difference.
    Last edited by ROCHEY; 14th November 2018 at 19:53.

The pace of Ferrari in Brazil was not so bad. Bottas bother Kimi for 75% of the race. Secondly, Kimi is a slower driver than Max and Luis. Even so, he only finished a few seconds behind the leader. I hope Sebastian will show off the better side in the last race.