Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Brazil Interlagos GP: Race

Max is not joking around, what he did to Ocon shows Max is a ruthless individual, a shark in this sport ready to eat you up. Ocon better not mess around with the Dutch lion or he's going to get hit with a left hook and hit the deck. Have you seen Max's boxing skills? He's legit! A Real Don

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Max is not joking around, what he did to Ocon shows Max is a ruthless individual, a shark in this sport ready to eat you up. Ocon better not mess around with the Dutch lion or he's going to get hit with a left hook and hit the deck. Have you seen Max's boxing skills? He's legit! A Real Don
    I know your joking, but all that says to me is that he still needs to be in a lower formula

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    I know your joking, but all that says to me is that he still needs to be in a lower formula
    Well to be honest, all the greats have complex characters. If you are nice like let's say Vandorne you are going nowhere in this sport.

max having to do 2 day public service, really unhappy with how the team dissolved same time as last year though, rb have made big gains, i think there new fuel formula is helping them too, max and dani could pass mercs down the straights where kimi and seb had a hard time
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

the sensor and balance issue for seb really ruined a good fight even though the soft tyres was a big disadvantage to both our guys, ocon got off easy imo, stop & go after ruining the leaders race does not fit the crime, he should get a grid drop next race but aw well, next year cant come soon enough
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Arrivabene: "Right from the formation lap, we became aware of a problem with a sensor on Seb’s car. This meant that, for the WHOLE RACE, Sebastian had to run different settings to those we would have normally used and that made the car difficult to drive."
    always we have the badluck

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well to be honest, all the greats have complex characters.
    Of course, but I guess this "bullying" tactic by "assaulting" another driver is "looked down upon" by the FIA. It's not like the old days anymore. NASCAR is a different story but it's like the olden days of F1 when 2 drivers have a "disagreement." That might change as well.

I don't mind two drivers having a verbal communication now and I don't mind two drivers having a tussel of some sorts. It did'nt bother me then and now so I'm impartial.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    max having to do 2 day public service, really unhappy with how the team dissolved same time as last year though, rb have made big gains, i think there new fuel formula is helping them too, max and dani could pass mercs down the straights where kimi and seb had a hard time
    A point was made, the Red bull engines are recent installs. They can give full beans.

Ferrari’s and in particular Mercs engines are having the life span stretched out.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    the sensor and balance issue for seb really ruined a good fight even though the soft tyres was a big disadvantage to both our guys, ocon got off easy imo, stop & go after ruining the leaders race does not fit the crime, he should get a grid drop next race but aw well, next year cant come soon enough
    Isn’t it poetic justice though on Max’s "get out of my way or we’ll crash’ racing mentality

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Of course, but I guess this "bullying" tactic by "assaulting" another driver is "looked down upon" by the FIA. It's not like the old days anymore. NASCAR is a different story but it's like the olden days of F1 when 2 drivers have a "disagreement." That might change as well.

I don't mind two drivers having a verbal communication now and I don't mind two drivers having a tussel of some sorts. It did'nt bother me then and now so I'm impartial.
    Agree 100%. The FIA should do nothing, no one got hurt or anything. Things like this happen in almost every other sport, it's passion and adrenaline.

He's not joking (boxing). Max does box and he's not bad soooo he can hold his own.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrwOLDkWoAA3IUO.jpg

Isn’t it poetic justice though on Max’s "get out of my way or we’ll crash’ racing mentality
    Just look at where that mentality has gotten Max. He wrecked Dan's R Bull career, he's got Eighty Poles shaking in his helmet every race. And it "Ain't the car!" I wish Seb some of that mentality. He needs to get it done , he's the Ferrari guy.

A point was made, the Red bull engines are recent installs. They can give full beans.

Ferrari’s and in particular Mercs engines are having the life span stretched out.

Hamilton’s engine was ‘one lap away from failure’

Lewis Hamilton’s power unit was “just about to break” at one stage during the Brazilian Grand Prix, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff gas revealed.

Hamilton complained several times about problems with his power unit on his radio during the race. Wolff credited the Mercedes High Performance Powertrains for finding a way to keep it running.

“We had such a horrible race today with the perfect end result with Lewis winning and us winning the constructors championship,” said Wolff.

“But I can tell you mid-race we got the information: ‘power unit failure imminent on Lewis’s car’. And the guys in the background, the HPP guys fixed it.

“God knows how you can fix hardware that is just about to break and make the car finish. So that race was just a nightmare until obviously the checkered flag came down and everything broke loose.”

Wolff described the moment he heard on the team’s radio the power unit was one lap away from failure.

“What I could hear – because I’m having about 10 channels open – on one of the meeting channels was ‘Lewis Hamilton power unit failure imminent – it’s gonna fail within the next lap.’ And I said ‘excuse me, what?’

“And they said we have a massive problem on the power unit and it’s going to fail next lap. It didn’t fail next lap, and I said when you guys have a minute, let them work, [then] tell me what what’s happening.

“They said ‘well, our exhaust is just about to fail’ and we’re over-shooting all the temperature limits as to what’s to fix and so they started to fix it turning the whole thing down. And then the stages temperatures went down to below a thousand, 980, but it’s still too high. And then he recovered another lap. That was truly horrible.”

https://www.racefans.net/2018/11/11/...-from-failure/

Hamilton post race interview

"Max is that go-getter guy and every now and again it bites you.

"But I am really, really proud [to win], I don't care about anybody else."

When Hamilton joined Verstappen in the drivers' room before the podium ceremony, he told him that Ocon "is allowed to unlap himself".

While Verstappen agreed, before adding "but you can't crash", Hamilton also said that "You had more to lose than he did. He had nothing to lose".

Not a good race for Vettel and made another mistake gifting Kimi a place. But that was somewhat of a blessing as Kimi was clearly faster anyway.

Ferrari just lacked a bit of pace, they were the 3rd best out there.

The Merc drivers were perfectly in order to get Bottas in 2nd to block the rest. Bottas is just a roadblock who ruins races, so Hamilton can win.

I believe Hamilton would have finished 4th if Bottas had not managed to block Kimi and Daniel all the race.
    Last edited by Lesky; 11th November 2018 at 22:23.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Hamilton’s engine was ‘one lap away from failure’

Lewis Hamilton’s power unit was “just about to break” at one stage during the Brazilian Grand Prix, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff gas revealed.

Hamilton complained several times about problems with his power unit on his radio during the race. Wolff credited the Mercedes High Performance Powertrains for finding a way to keep it running.

“We had such a horrible race today with the perfect end result with Lewis winning and us winning the constructors championship,” said Wolff.

“But I can tell you mid-race we got the information: ‘power unit failure imminent on Lewis’s car’. And the guys in the background, the HPP guys fixed it.

“God knows how you can fix hardware that is just about to break and make the car finish. So that race was just a nightmare until obviously the checkered flag came down and everything broke loose.”

Wolff described the moment he heard on the team’s radio the power unit was one lap away from failure.

“What I could hear – because I’m having about 10 channels open – on one of the meeting channels was ‘Lewis Hamilton power unit failure imminent – it’s gonna fail within the next lap.’ And I said ‘excuse me, what?’

“And they said we have a massive problem on the power unit and it’s going to fail next lap. It didn’t fail next lap, and I said when you guys have a minute, let them work, [then] tell me what what’s happening.

“They said ‘well, our exhaust is just about to fail’ and we’re over-shooting all the temperature limits as to what’s to fix and so they started to fix it turning the whole thing down. And then the stages temperatures went down to below a thousand, 980, but it’s still too high. And then he recovered another lap. That was truly horrible.”

https://www.racefans.net/2018/11/11/...-from-failure/
    Ilike in every other race, but somehow always finish and wins. I don't believe a single word. Toto you clown!

Both Mercs and Ferrari’s strategy sucks compared to Red Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Just look at where that mentality has gotten Max. He wrecked Dan's R Bull career, he's got Eighty Poles shaking in his helmet every race. And it "Ain't the car!" I wish Seb some of that mentality. He needs to get it done , he's the Ferrari guy.
    And yet, Leclerc is the one with the Ferrari seat!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ilike in every other race, but somehow always finish and wins. I don't believe a single word. Toto you clown!
    yup, the bonehead Toto sheep makes such a DRAMA at almost every race when it don't seem to go 100% their way....like today when Max almost won the race if it wasn't for his bonehead move....
    so now toto is making stuff up that Luise had engine issues.....and he barely finishe the race.....yeah my foot...

i really hope ferrari are gonna give them a run for their money next year and win both championships and SHUT THEM ALL UP including all the English biased #$$^&&^$ like crofty, blunder, krapitz and that pupeteer DIresta....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

so with hindsight, i guess ferrari did have a masterstroke by choosing to quali on Soft tires in Q2....but who knew, right??

oh well, as least we tried something.....we were just too slow today compared to red fools and mercs.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

11 Nov 2018
    Unfortunately, even though Kimi finished on the podium today, we were unable to reach our goal, which was to keep the battle going for the Constructors’ title. Right from the formation lap, we became aware of a problem with a sensor on Seb’s car. This meant that, for the whole race, he had to run different settings to those we would have normally used and that made the car difficult to drive. Congratulations to Mercedes on taking the teams’ title.
    - MA

Kimi third, Seb sixth with a sensor problem

Interlagos – Kimi Raikkonen stood on the podium after coming third in the Brazilian Grand Prix. For Seb Vettel it was a case of damage limitation, after a sensor problem meant his SF71H was proving difficult to drive. It was a tricky Sunday with different conditions to those experienced up until the end of qualifying. But at least, with one race still to go, the Scuderia has had more podium finishes than it did in 2017.

FILM OF THE RACE – Sun or rain? That’s the eternal question at Interlagos. In fact, before the start, it was hot with track temperature exceeding 40 degrees. A daring and well planned strategy had seen the two Ferraris qualify on the Option tyre, the Soft, which is more durable than the Supersoft. Seb was second on the grid and Kimi fourth.

Getting off the line, the harder tyre didn’t give any advantage and Seb found himself slightly blocked by Hamilton and let Bottas by. Kimi was fending off Verstappen, but the Dutchman forced his way by at the start of the second lap, going on to snatch third place too. Seb locked up under braking and Kimi made the most of it.

After ten laps, the tyre choice began to pay off, as could be seen in the all-Finnish duel between Bottas and Raikkonen. Valtteri was doing a good job of defending and the Scuderia went for a strategic move: in the pits the tyres were ready, but the driver went by without stopping. However, his fellow countryman did pit, followed next time round by Hamilton.

On lap 28, Sebastian pitted, the crew pulling off the stop in a record time, under two seconds. Kimi stayed out for a further four laps, before also coming down pit lane, when the mechanics again did a brilliant job, so that he emerged right behind Seb, who was chasing Bottas.
    The number 5 car had picked up a sensor problem even before the start and so the two drivers swapped places, with Kimi immediately setting a race fastest lap as he set his sights on Bottas. With 30 laps to go, there were two duels: Kimi versus Bottas, while Seb was doing all in his power to fend off Ricciardo.
    There was drama on lap 44, when Ocon, a lap down, tried to unlap himself from Verstappen going into the Senna corner, spinning both he and the Dutchman around. Meanwhile, Kimi got ahead of the Mercedes to make it into the podium zone, while Ricciardo won a great battle with Sebastian who, in order to deal with the driveability problem, decided to switch to a two stop strategy, fitting a set of Supersofts, which soon saw him retake sixth place.
    Out in front, the top four were separated by just five seconds. Kimi gave his all and made it to the podium, while Seb did what he could and came home sixth. There are no world titles left to fight for this year, but we are ready to give it our best shot as usual in the final race of the season.

very much so, if he was actually taken out i would'v said it fits better as justice

Ferrari are the team to beat.....so said Toto before the race....goes to show we shouldn't take any notice of most of the pre-race hype. Disappointing race for Seb with sensor issues but Kimi did another great job, as did Charles. Not the way we wanted it to to end for the WCC, but hardly a surprise. I am already starting to worry about 2019 with Max's 'devil may care' attitude but anything that stops HAM being on the top step is OK with me. Half of the turbo-hybrid era wins are HAM's, so Crofty kept saying, which to me just shows how much of it was the car. And I'm sick of tyres being the defining factor in these races. Rant over for now!

He's not joking (boxing). Max does box and he's not bad soooo he can hold his own.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrwOLDkWoAA3IUO.jpg
    all the drivers will box or do some sort of martial arts. ts good cardio training.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari Media

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Unfortunately, even though Kimi finished on the podium today, we were unable to reach our goal, which was to keep the battle going for the Constructors’ title. Right from the formation lap, we became aware of a problem with a sensor on Seb’s car. This meant that, for the whole race, he had to run different settings to those we would have normally used and that made the car difficult to drive. Congratulations to Mercedes on taking the teams’ title.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “It was a nice exciting race. We had good battles throughout and the car was working well during the whole race. The speed was there and we had no particular issues. The first set of tires was very good at the start and I was really happy, but then I destroyed them a little bit trying to pass the Mercedes. Once we changed the tires the car was absolutely fine; we kind of knew that once we pitted we could have gone past them. After that the behaviour of the car was still very good, but at that point we were a bit too late, as it had taken too long for us to get there. As for the strategy, we did what we thought was the best for us. We can always debate many things, but today we made the best of it. Obviously it is not the greatest of results, but I don’t think we could have got more; we did not make any mistakes and fought hard. As for the Constructors’ Championship we knew that it would have been difficult; we did our best, but unfortunately it was not enough. The best team won this year, that’s how it goes.”

Sebastian Vettel: “Obviously, this was not an easy race and I am not happy with sixth place. I tried to do my best, but the car was difficult to drive and I even struggled to drive on the straights. However, I am happy that Kimi got to the podium, because it is a good result for us, even if we didn’t win the Constructors’ Championship. Honestly, I don’t think it was an advantage for us to start on Soft tyres, because the Supersofts lasted longer than expected, but that’s how it was. The first part of my start was going well, but then the second was not that good, as I had nowhere to go with Lewis in front of me. I think we just didn’t have enough grip in the second part of the “esses”, Lewis and Valtteri worked together and I had no chance. Also, Lewis was a little bit quicker on the brakes to give Valtteri the outside line and then in lap 2 or 3 Max passed us as he was faster. There’s not much to say as this year Mercedes has been stronger than us and we can only congratulate them.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

one small positive is that Kimi is still ahead of Bottas, by 14 points.
    Max is just behind, a further 3 points back.
    so if Kimi finishes 4th in the last race he will be guaranteed 3rd place in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so if Kimi finishes 4th in the last race he will be guaranteed 3rd place in the championship.
    Kimi has had a good season and I think he will clinch 3rd in the WDC. If it wasn't for those 3 DNF, by no fault of his own, he would be a lot closer to Seb and we would still be in the hunt for the WCC. But things like this happen in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    +7

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Kimi has had a good season and I think he will clinch 3rd in the WDC. If it wasn't for those 3 DNF, by no fault of his own, he would be a lot closer to Seb and we would still be in the hunt for the WCC. But things like this happen in a season.
    +7

MAD_MAX:
    Before we know it we'll be seeing Max pushing drivers off the track and against the concrete barriers soon unless he is put back in place and on the right track. It's fine to be gutsy and hunt the overtake but there are limits to what one can do when off track. The middle finger just as soon as he crashed was excusable due to andrenaline rushing and tension but the pushing aftwerwards no. His behaviour sets a precedent. Schumi was given so much slack for going after Coulthard on a much worse incident imo & Schumi had a DNF whereas Max still managed 2nd with minimal problems.

Ferrari:
    The pace was nowhere, the harder tyre strategy wasn't much of a success if you ask me. So Lewis was running with an engine that was going to blow up any minute and our guys still didn't manage to catch up or even bother him? Doesn't look promising at all

Mercs:
    They keep sealing the famous rear wheel holes for the race to avoid an official complaint but at the same time they keep bringing updated versions of the same wheel rim. This weekend they where running wider holes as seen on OmniCorse. Are we sure they were not using them for the race after their 1st pitstop? I mean how can one check if the wheels are covered in the the tyre warmers right until they are attached to the car? Mercedes did not have blistering issues on their rears rather only on one of their fronts and where very quick on the white compound after their stop...

RedBull:
    They have suddenly become a force to challenge both Ferrari and Mercs while still running their hated Renault PU, 2019 is gonna be a hard battle unless Honda keeps the tradition of blowing up ala McLaren days.
    and yes I am aware that teams are now running reduced engine power to stretch the lifespan of their PU till the end and avoiding penalties but still RB has pure speed now compared to Ferrari/Mercs.

FIA:
    Has anyone else noticed or is it my meds that are having these funny sideffects, Vettel called in for a weigh in during Q2 which is utterly ridiculous when you are so time restricted and in a potential P1 team, then given a €25K fine for "damaging" the scales (what a !) and a reprimand.
    Lewis nearly crashed into 2 (if not 3) drivers during his slow laps and not even an investigation.
    It's times like these that one misses SM. I'm pretty sure the FIA is doing it's utmost to weaken Ferrari so as to destroy it's bargaining power. Look at McLaren today, nowhere and you wonder why do they even bother showing up. If it happened to McLaren it can happen to Ferrari and unless this Camilleri guy start to show some muscle it will only get worse.
    Anyone read the article about Pirelli changing the tyre spec to the famous -4mm ones for all the races next year? Another Mercedes jolly?