View Poll Results: Would you rather...

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • spend your career racing for Ferrari and never win a championship.

19 46.34%
  • be a one-time world champion, but never have raced for Ferrari like Jenson Button and Nico Rosberg.

22 53.66%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather...

Would you rather...

Poll says it all.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 18th November 2018 at 21:57.

Disappointed Since 2010

Be a one time champion while racing for Ferrari and yes, I would pull a Nico Rosberg knowing full well I had a dominant car. I would go against team orders.

Selfish??? You bet but at least I would have gotten a WDC title like Nico. We all know what a #2, playing 2 fiddle, or rear gunner gets you....nothing...nothing in the F1 WDC title books....no matter what team it is. At least I (or Nico) can say that I beat a world champion with a few knowing full well the politics of the drivers and team at play.

In the end all the manufacturer or team cares about is either the WDC title for it's #1 or the WCC title or both. I get it, it's a team sport but my intentions going into F1 is to win a WDC title and not to keep a seat warm for X amount of years.

IF Vettel does'nt win a title with Ferrari, then he will go back to RedBull.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Be a world champion without driving for Ferrari.

I support the team, but I wouldn't like to drive for them.

Living in italy is a no, and the team is riddled with internal politics, blame and backstabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    Be a world champion without driving for Ferrari.

I support the team, but I wouldn't like to drive for them.

Living in italy is a no, and the team is riddled with internal politics, blame and backstabbing.
    You'll see Mercedes being riddled with internal politics, finding scapegoats and backstabbing as well when their title winning drought appears and lasts for a long time. However, in Mercedes' scenario you might not see enough of that because they might pull out of F1 as a team and go back as only an engine developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    You'll see Mercedes being riddled with internal politics, finding scapegoats and backstabbing as well when their title winning drought appears and lasts for a long time. However, in Mercedes' scenario you might not see enough of that because they might pull out of F1 as a team and go back as only an engine developer.
    Actually I think scapegoats and backstabbing will come for Mercs right after they stop winning the titles. It has become 2nd nature to them winning for so long now, so anything but that will cause a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    F-E will welcome Merc with open arms!

Race for Ferrari and never win the WDC.

But maybe contribute to atleast one WCC may still happen in the above scenario?

I'd drive for Ferrari and never win a WDC.. as long as Ferrari ends up winning at least 1 WCC with me...

I care 0 about WDC....

If any driver would be a given a choice between getting world title with another team than just driving for Ferrari with 0 title, any sane person would chose the first option. World Title comes first and foremost.

Just think about how different it would have been for Ferrari fans & the team if; even with Lewis' WDC , Ferrari would have won the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Just think about how different it would have been for Ferrari fans & the team if; even with Lewis' WDC , Ferrari would have won the WCC.
    That's why Ferrari have decided to bring in Leclerc, after all Kimi is too slow for either drivers or constructors!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's why Ferrari have decided to bring in Leclerc, after all Kimi is too slow for either drivers or constructors!
    Slow enough to get on the podium isn't as bad as 5th or 6th where Ferrari's #1 boy has been finishing with the top car and team preference. Even this 3rd. practice Kimi could only manage 2nd. Leclerc in #1 spot can make the difference I hope. At least untill Ferrari can get Max on board. But... what top team would want Seb?

No driver in their right mind will chose option 1, their dream is to be champion. With all due respect, only a fanboy will pick option 1, Ferrari is important but not that important.

I have to believe that every driver that signs up with Ferrari, knowing there in the #2 spot is not a fanboy. The paycheck and the honor of driving in F-1 for Ferrari has to be a tremendous incentive , or there would be only 1 driver ever going to Ferrari, that would be the #1 seat pick only. I can't imagine what Leclerc is thinking? #1 or #2 seat from race 1? I can't imagine him a fanboy.

I have to believe that every driver that signs up with Ferrari, knowing there in the #2 spot is not a fanboy. The paycheck and the honor of driving in F-1 for Ferrari has to be a tremendous incentive , or there would be only 1 driver ever going to Ferrari, that would be the #1 seat pick only. I can't imagine what Leclerc is thinking? #1 or #2 seat from race 1? I can't imagine him a fanboy.
    A sane driver with a working brain looks for title chances. Any driver on the current grid except Vettel wants to drive for Mercedes. Leclerc came because he thinks he might get world title chances next year, the same reason why Vettel came to Ferrari in the first place. If Ferrari was as bad as Williams of 2018, even Seb would've put his Ferrari love aside and joined some other team.

Slow enough to get on the podium isn't as bad as 5th or 6th where Ferrari's #1 boy has been finishing with the top car and team preference. Even this 3rd. practice Kimi could only manage 2nd. Leclerc in #1 spot can make the difference I hope. At least untill Ferrari can get Max on board. But... what top team would want Seb?
    17-4 says at all, the second best qualifying record after Alonso's whitewash of Vandoorne.

Which team would want Seb? Sergio Marchionne already said Seb can stay as long as he wants. Toto Wolff has huge interest in Seb and Mercedes always wants him in their team, recent report has already revealed that Renault wants Adrian Newey and Sebastian Vettel in their team and Red Bull has rated Sebastian Vettel among the top 2 greatest F1 drivers of all time.

Be a 1 time world championship

For me, this is the main driver for anyone who competes in F1. Everyone is there to be a world champion.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    17-4 says at all, the second best qualifying record after Alonso's whitewash of Vandoorne.

Which team would want Seb? Sergio Marchionne already said Seb can stay as long as he wants. Toto Wolff has huge interest in Seb and Mercedes always wants him in their team, recent report has already revealed that Renault wants Adrian Newey and Sebastian Vettel in their team and Red Bull has rated Sebastian Vettel among the top 2 greatest F1 drivers of all time.
    Red Bull for sure will rate Seb one of the greatest, and rightfully so. Merc can replace Lewis with Seb?? Seb wanting to take Bottas place?? Renault sounds reasonable. Who knows, maybe Seb will in 2019 return as the finger waving great he was with R Bull. Leclerc will for sure let Seb pass when it's needed.

Red Bull for sure will rate Seb one of the greatest, and rightfully so. Merc can replace Lewis with Seb?? Seb wanting to take Bottas place?? Renault sounds reasonable. Who knows, maybe Seb will in 2019 return as the finger waving great he was with R Bull. Leclerc will for sure let Seb pass when it's needed.
    Do you really believe that Lewis cannot be replaced with Seb ? As long as the car is really in top shape (and let's face it , it is), sure, Seb would stroll into another title , easily. Specially when he can be blazing fast from p1, I don't see why not.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Leclerc will for sure let Seb pass when it's needed.
    Leclerc will let Vettel by when needed and Vettel will let Leclerc by when needed, just like Raikkonen eventually did for Vettel in Hockenheim and Vettel did for Raikkonen in Brazil.

One has to wonder if Vettel wouldn't have crashed in Hockenheim if the pit wall was clearer and Vettel didn't have to overdrive to make up for lost time.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-exchange-full

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3...aikkonen-pass/

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Do you really believe that Lewis cannot be replaced with Seb ? As long as the car is really in top shape (and let's face it , it is), sure, Seb would stroll into another title , easily. Specially when he can be blazing fast from p1, I don't see why not.
    So your saying , if I'm reading correctly, Seb needs to be @ Merc in Lewis car to stroll into another title. Ferrari just don't got what it takes to get that Seb finger back in the air. I believe the same would go for Max and Alonso in Luis' car. . What I believe is Merc would never want to replace Lewis with Seb. Merc has to want all those F-1 records to be broken with their car. And Lewis seems to fit the bill.
    Last edited by Brembo; 29th November 2018 at 06:21.

[QUOTE=Giallo 550;997028]Leclerc will let Vettel by when needed and Vettel will let Leclerc by when needed, just like Raikkonen eventually did for Vettel in Hockenheim and Vettel did for Raikkonen in Brazil.

I hope your right, Leclerc needs to race for the title also, he's in a Ferrari now! Let's hope the need comes up often where the win is their hands.

What I believe is Merc would never want to replace Lewis with Seb. Merc has to want all those F-1 records to be broken with their car. And Lewis seems to fit the bill.
    Exactly

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Exactly
    Wow , even I was able to read and understand your post! Io sono analfabeta !! Iv'e been labeled an illiterate. Please use caution ever agreeing with anything I post!

So your saying , if I'm reading correctly, Seb needs to be @ Merc in Lewis car to stroll into another title. Ferrari just don't got what it takes to get that Seb finger back in the air. I believe the same would go for Max and Alonso in Luis' car. . What I believe is Merc would never want to replace Lewis with Seb. Merc has to want all those F-1 records to be broken with their car. And Lewis seems to fit the bill.
    No this is not what I am saying.
    What I am saying is that in the merc of 2018, every descent driver can get a WDC.
    And that means, Lewis could be replaced -in this aspect, because then there is also the aspect of brand name, which is a totally different topic of discussion.

So, to return to my original question, do you think that Lewis cannot be replaced in Merc? Answer is of course he can be replaced.
    By whom ?
    By someone with a strong brand name.
    Is there someone in the current grid to fit the bill?
    Seb is one because as it stands right now, he has 4 WDC and yes, driving in Ferrari helps. What he has against him is this very year which was a BAD year for him.
    Could Max replace Lewis ?
    Not right now, he is talented but not a brand of that stature, and whether you like it or not, not Seb's either. When - if - he gets at least 2 - 3 WDCs , we can talk again bout this question.

Why would Merc want to replace Lewis ?
    Only in the case where he would become a trouble, financially or his behavior. Other than that , as long as Merc has the advantage (car wise) I don't see the reason.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Well said . My belief is driving for Ferrari and not winning was a big negative for Seb; as compared to other drivers in not so top teams. Yes Seb beat Max in a R Bull this year, rightfully so. Merc and Ferrari were pretty well matched meaning any decent driver as you say could have WDC in either car. Fans can blame good luck, the Merc team and car for Lewis winning, fans can blame bad luck, the Ferrari team and car for Seb's bad loss. Like it or not; all Lewis records are for sure a big plus for brand name sponsors to want him driving for Merc. I certainly agree with you that Max needs a few DC's before he can be up there with the best. At 21 yrs. old he's well on his way.

Wow , even I was able to read and understand your post! Io sono analfabeta !! Iv'e been labeled an illiterate. Please use caution ever agreeing with anything I post!
    Well, in my defense, I wasn't the one who labelled you that, and even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Well, in my defense, I wasn't the one who labelled you that, and even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Well, in my defense, to qualify for labeling someone, "It takes one to know one!" And remember, " Ignorance is Bliss! " Io me siento bono dopo de sfugare ! Napolitano to English, I feel good after I say what I feel!

I understand it bro!

P.S. It's my reply to FerrariFan.

Wow! to race in red there is no higher accolade.
    Lewis are you listening
    Nando, Eddie, Rubens and Felipe can look back in years to come and say "I raced in red" they all came 2nd which is no mean feat!
    Lewis may have the trophies but he only raced in grey.

Forza Jules