Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Abu Dhabi GP: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    It's amazing Ferrari didn't win the WCC taking in to account how mediocre it's Bottas.
    Seb 88 points behind Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    adn taht is WHY ferrari did NOT win the WCC.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

And Kimi was closer?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Shows the current state of F1. Alonso gone and Dani Ric will drive a midfield car next year. And Bottas, who shouldn't be driving in a top team anyway, will have a great car next year.
    And Stroll in a Force India.. while Ocon misses out. #RichDaddy
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And Kimi was closer?
    in all fairness, Kimi has done a SOLID job this year; and don't forget he has had 4 DNF's which were not of his fault, otherwise he would have had a boatload of points more then Bottas which arguably Merc had the faster car this year

so yeah, kimi did a pretty good job with a slower car and much older then botas
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    And Stroll in a Force India.. while Ocon misses out. #RichDaddy
    hey mate.....money talks and bul#$%$ walks.....it's always been that way since the mankind....SAD BUT TRUE.....
    as far as i'm concerned, the STROLER does NOT belong in F1, PERIOD

Good race from Seb and Charles (despite his early stop making his brilliant first few laps irrelevant) and sad for Kimi to retire on his last drive for Ferrari although he stays P3 in the WDC, good season from him and less errors than Seb. This circuit hasn't been great for us over the years and another HAM win was no surprise but it makes me sick to watch it. I'm glad this season has ended and can only hope we will have the car to challenge for honours in 2019 without the ups and downs we have had to endure this year. Thanks Kimi and here's to a new era at Ferrari with young gun Charles on board. I can't wait.
    Last edited by wisepie; 25th November 2018 at 17:25.

Just want to puke when watching Hamilton not have to overtake a car to win, as always when there are cars in front of him, they choose to pit in just the right timing for him, so he does not even have to push his tires once. And then Bottas blocking at the start and then blocking the field, so Hamilton can cruise in the front.

Whats worst is that there are people seriously saying Ferrari had the best car this year - these people need to get their heads checked.

It was even the first half of the season, with Ferrari and Merc being better on certain tracks, the 2nd half of the season Merc has dominated completely as usual, winning the development race.
    ---
    Rosberg quitting was a disaster for F1, before Bottas there would at least be a fight between the Mercs.

Mercedes will wipe the floor until 2021. If Merc comes out on top after that, the sport will be dead!
    ---
    No doubt Mercedes have been playing it safe, conserving their engine during the first part of the season as usual.

If needed, the Mercs could have gone alot quicker.
    Last edited by Lesky; 25th November 2018 at 16:09.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Just want to puke when watching Hamilton not have to overtake a car to win, as always when there are cars in front of him, they choose to pit in just the right timing for him, so he does not even have to push his tires once. And then Bottas blocking at the start and then blocking the field, so Hamilton can cruise in the front.

Whats worst is that there are people seriously saying Ferrari had the best car this year - these people need to get their heads checked.

It was even the first half of the season, with Ferrari and Merc being better on certain tracks, the 2nd half of the season Merc has dominated completely as usual, winning the development race.
    ---
    Rosberg quitting was a disaster for F1, before Bottas there would at least be a fight between the Mercs.

Mercedes will wipe the floor until 2021. If Merc comes out on top after that, the sport will be dead!
    Well said Lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Dani Ric at the end of the race suddenly having no pace to overtake Max lol wonder if that was a pitwall call
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Hulkster best of the rest despite this

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Well said Lol
    And on top of that we have Toto and Hamilton every year speaking about the incredible competition and a "three-way team fight" for the titles.

Hamilton fans have created a myth between themselves that Hamilton this season pulled of one the biggest sensations ever by winning this years title, saying Ferrari had the best car by far. And they really believe it. Just unreal.

The fact is that Hamilton is the only "epic" driver that have lost a WDC to his teammate in the most dominant car in F1 history.
    ---
    Having to watch all these british Hamilton-worshippers commentating the races.

I am actually glad the season is over.
    Last edited by Rob; 25th November 2018 at 18:23.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

"Next year we fight"
    "lets focus on ourselves"
    "Thank you guys. I'm happy to be with you for the next few years. I’m very thankful."

And on top of that we have Toto and Hamilton every year speaking about the incredible competition and a "three-way team fight" for the titles.

Hamilton fans have created a myth between themselves that Hamilton this season pulled of one the biggest sensations ever by winning this years title, saying Ferrari had the best car by far. And they really believe it. Just unreal.

The fact is that Hamilton is the only "epic" driver that have lost a WDC to his teammate in the most dominant car in F1 history.
    ---

I am actually glad the season is over
    toto and ham put pressure on ferrari by saying ferrari are the team to beat so whenever mercs are long way quicker suddenly its how terrible the drivers are doing or something must'v gotten banned etc

than media and dummies say its drivers dropping the ball, ferrari unable to get the best setup etc etc its a way to add insane pressure when we are close to them

TBH some of these people still believe we could've won WDC / WCC, how much front row lockouts to cruise control 1-2 victory has ferrari had this year lol
    Last edited by Rob; 25th November 2018 at 18:23.

Hopefully ferrari would build a good chassis next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Hopefully ferrari would build a good chassis next year.
    me too dude! next year this time we might be celebrating real donuts

Ham was spot on this year combined with much luck too.
    Germany, Hungary, Mexico, Baku as far I remember at these tracks ferrari should have won. Instead Ham won it with luck.
    At the same time he did put some brilliant performances too, truly deserves the crown. But I didn’t see any stunning moves
    this year from him.

DR, Max, SV, Kimi all of them did atleast one brilliant overtakes this year.

Ham keeping that car on pole & cruising to the victory that’s it or bottas the wing man blocking the field where ham can have good lead. This is what I see.

And Kimi was closer?
    I am sure we all can agree, that Lewis and Seb are teams Number 1 drivers and Kimi and Bottas Number 2.
    So we should compare Number 1 against Number 1 and Number 2 against Number 2.

I am sure we all can agree, that Lewis and Seb are teams Number 1 drivers and Kimi and Bottas Number 2.
    Yeah...!! Compared to Bottas, kimi did a good job.
    Also need to agree, kimi did had solid 2nd half of the season in terms of race pace. 1st half he was on top form in quali but couldn’t convert that form into q3. At the same time he was nowhere in race pace for 1st half.

Overall I’m satisfied with kimi performance compared to previous years.
    Hope he ends high at Sauber.

Why should we?

Bottas is terrible, Kimi not much better if we really need to compare them I guess
    Forza Ferrari

Why should we?

Bottas is terrible, Kimi not much better if we really need to compare them I guess
    We were just wondering here, why we did not won WCC, so IMO Kimi did beat Bottas and Seb lost to Lewis, and that is why we did not won WCC.
    Next season I think is the same, Charles to beat Bottas and Seb to beat Lewis.

We were just wondering here, why we did not won WCC, so IMO Kimi did beat Bottas and Seb lost to Lewis, and that is why we did not won WCC.
    Next season I think is the same, Charles to beat Bottas and Seb to beat Lewis.
    Kimi should have beat Bottas by more then considering Max even beat Bottas so not quite sure how you can blame Seb for us losing WCC but who cares really, we will be a much stronger team next year with Kimi gone
    Forza Ferrari

we can see now how ridiculous Merc's team orders were in Russia.
    If Bottas had won he would be 2nd now.

Let's all just agree that everything was and is Kimi's fault and move on.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we can see now how ridiculous Merc's team orders were in Russia.
    If Bottas had won he would be 2nd now.
    And on the other hand, Kimi had 4 DNF, so, who knows.

I hope I am completely wrong but...
    I haven't watch any race since I said that F1 is over for me this year except of the final lap in AD.

And then I watched the parade, HAM, ALO, VET

I also watched the interview to DC after the race.
    Some quick thoughts:
    1. HAM is massively improved in the PR side. Massively
    2. I don't buy for a second that he paid tribute to ALO. He played the good guy and he plays that game quite well.
    3. VET was following HAM to whatever HAM was doing. First was the doughnuts, then the parade.

All in all, I strongly believe that VET is mentally defeated by HAM. And I cannot see how he can recover from that.

It is simple. Mercedes won because Hamilton is definitely a better driver than Vettel. Not because Mercedes is in a different league. Have a look at Bottas results. Max or Alonso in this year's Ferrari would be champions.

Well that was it for this year. My resume of the season is:
    We actually HAD the best car up till Monza.Not a dominant one ,and not in every single track but on average we where the fastest. BUT even then we didnt do our job 100% and with driver/strategic errors combined with bad luck ww didn't get the points we deserved performance wise.
    AND then from Singapore onwards the team lost their path for 4 races and lost a lot of performance so Mercs (Ham) took 4 easy wins which was the turning point of the championship.
    So the final verdict is that we had a very very good (a championship winning) car BUT we didnt do our job. Neither the team nor the drivers (Vet).AND with a HAM on his best we had no chance again.
    Now what will happen next year?? I dodnt know as every new year. For me every new season is a new chance for EVERYBODY and anything can happen. We could dominate as ease as we could finish distant 3rd !!!!
    Im only hopping for the best !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

---

---
    No doubt Mercedes have been playing it safe, conserving their engine during the first part of the season as usual.

If needed, the Mercs could have gone alot quicker.

---

Nailed it.

Disappointed Since 2010

---

Not to worry mate, starting next season there will be ANOTHER english hamilton-worshiper in the Sky paddock....that is Jenson Button....

hopefully he won't be as bad as: crofty, martin blunder, crapitz, the midget johnny herbert and a few others