Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

https://www.planetf1.com/news/carey-...une-to-brexit/

So this leaving Brexit thing is hardly anything to worry about in F1 according to Carey, maybe Visas the only delay if no deal brexit actually happans. Dang i wanted Wolff to start having a reason to panic for once.

Formula 1 CEO Chase Carey believes Formula 1 will not be adversely affected by any issues involving Brexit.

Several teams have voiced their Brexit concerns, in particular regarding a no-deal outcome, due to the large number of staff they have and the parts they important from the continent.

However, Carey believes an organisation like Formula 1 with its global outlook and unique revenue streams will not fall foul of Brexit.

“The economic issues, I do think we feel pretty immune to them,” Carey said in a phone call with Wall Street analysts and investors.

“Brexit, we’ve got some logistical issues, which are more sort of if you end up with a no-deal Brexit how do you get in and out of Britain with various equipment?

“But it’s not a financial issue, it’s more logistic, so we’re contingency planning for things like that.

“I think while certainly being European-based, we’re a global business, and we’re unique.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Mission Winnow name dropped drom the official Ferrari team Name

Now back to Scuderia Ferrari

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...on_Winnowquot/

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post

Thank heavens for that, it sounded ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Does that mean now that they are getting rid of the logo on the car now?
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

good, easier to handle any legal issues that way too
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Does that mean now that they are getting rid of the logo on the car now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    good, easier to handle any legal issues that way too
    Possible livery change maybe???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Car won't be changing just dropped from our official name.
    Forza Ferrari

I think it is time for Ferrari to show more strength. Before we blink, there will be 20 Red Bull toys driven by Strolls circulating Vietnams. Why not standardise an engine supplied by little known company and get rid of less profitable Monza? The narrative is completely controlled by British media, which is wrong and Ferrari should challenge this and start push their views via stronger media/website campaign. What about going back to Valencia 2010 fiasco rather than constantly complaining of Spa 2008? :) Would be nice. There is clear double standard in the media, most notable in Sky but not only there.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Possible livery change maybe???
    hehe doubt it, just think it makes things simpler as naming and maybe with Australia being harsh on the marlboro thing it gives some leeway with the mission winnow stuff not in the face (kind of stuff)

2019 prize money revealed. Teams get this money upfront before the season starts. HAAS more the Williams.....

(in millions)

Ferrari 205
    Mercedes 177
    Red Bull 152
    McLaren 100
    Renault 73
    Haas 70
    Williams 60
    Racing Point 59
    Sauber 56
    Toro Rosso 52

https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/03/...2019-revealed/

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Car won't be changing just dropped from our official name.
    Shame, as I think the Mission Winnow branding on the car is too much with the exception of the fin, and I don't like the black script either. Just saying......!

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...r-ohne-chance/
    The suspicion is as old as the hybrid regulations. Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault and Honda have repeatedly subjugated each other under submission to have tricked the engine regulations. Of course, the famous engine with more displacement is no longer available. Today smart trick is. Over the last five years, there have been rumors that one or the other performance has become dizzy by exploiting the gray areas of the regulations.

There was, for example, the oil discussion. Ferrari and Mercedes were suspected of using engine oil for combustion and smuggling performance-enhancing additives into the fuel, which are banned there. Then there was the battery affair. It was assumed Ferrari with their two-part battery to manipulate the measurements of the energy flows and so short-term more than the allowed 120 kilowatts (163 hp) to pull out of the electric storage. Others are spreading rumors that the gasoline system has elastic piping in which fuel can be buffered to inject more than 100 kg / h if needed.

Accumulator for 4.5 percent more power
    This winter, a new theory about illegal performance was changed. There is talk of an illegal accumulator, which could save between the flow measurement of the FIA ​​and the high pressure pump up to 0.1 liter of gasoline. This could, for example, in the Q3 laps accelerate more gasoline than allowed. That results according to calculations of experts by 4.5 percent more power. The secret reservoir was filled in the opinion of the conspiracy theorists while driving in the partial load range.

Lets hope we have done everything by the book on the engine & fuel side when it comes to quali & racing.

Ferrari to use their 2018 race overall and team wear for the Australian Grand Prix (no Mission Winnow)
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...-2018/4347057/

They also have to review all the graphics on the car, suits, helmets, panels etc. In Maranello they are already working 24 hours a day, so that's an additional work now

Ha ha.....called it.

Ha ha.....called it.

Less graphics might make us thousands of a second faster too

What a relief!! Great news. I hope forthe old red color too

Thankfully that silliness is done with and for me frankly the least amount of sponsor gibberish on our car the better! Deeper red can stay as it brings me back to earlier days.

Now Italy wants clarification on the Mission Winnow logo's on both F1 and MotoGP.

Now Italy wants clarification on the Mission Winnow logo's on both F1 and MotoGP.
    They want to ban the mission winnow stuff in italy or just want to know about whether its a sponsor or not?

Hope the team keeps the sponsor just reduce size of everything graphical

Camilleri: "La macchina č nata bene, siamo abbastanza contenti dei test di Barcellona anche se č difficile capire dove sono gli altri. La macchina č molto bilanciata, i piloti sono abbastanza contenti e noi abbiamo sempre le stesse ambizioni. Dobbiamo lavorare sull'affidabilitā"

Camilleri: "The machine was born well, we are quite happy with the tests in Barcelona although it is difficult to understand where the others are. The car is very balanced, the pilots are quite happy and we always have the same ambitions. We need to work on reliability "

Camilleri sul GP d'Australia: "C'erano problemi con il dipartimento di salute e PMI non aveva tempo di trovare una soluzione. Winnow perō non č una marca, non ha a che vedere con il tabacco. Comunque in Australia avremo una sorpresa per i tifosi sulla macchina" #Ferrari

Camilleri on the Australian GP: "There were problems with the Department of Health and PMI had no time to find a solution. But Winnow is not a brand, it has nothing to do with tobacco. Anyway in Australia we will have a surprise for fans on the car " #Ferrari

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...33848197873664

i wonder if its this (edited on racefans.net i think)

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...e_2019_season/

I am sooooooooo worried that Pedro might be right. I honestly wish it was true lol

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    They want to ban the mission winnow stuff in italy or just want to know about whether its a sponsor or not?

Hope the team keeps the sponsor just reduce size of everything graphical
    i've also read that this mission winnow livery will ONLY be removed for OZ, and that it will be back for the following races.....is that TRUE???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i've also read that this mission winnow livery will ONLY be removed for OZ, and that it will be back for the following races.....is that TRUE???
    Yes, it will be removed for Oz and return.

MotoGP-->Ducati also has the Mission Winnow logo on the bikes and MotoGP will hit Italy before F1 does. Italy too is "contesting" the logo's along with Silverstone.

Mclaren has yet to remove the BAT logo's.

Point for the fastest lap?

https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/06/...t-lap-in-2019/

This could go either way, front runner with 30 sec advantage can come in and pit to get fresh tyres and do a quali style lap.
    if the lead is tight they prob won't bother, but a back marker may come in with 3 laps left to bolt on the fastest tyres to do some quali style laps to get the point

21 points over 21 races, that is almost a win worth of points in itself

21 points over 21 races, that is almost a win worth of points in itself
    IF that same person gets IT every race.....but somehow i DOUBT that....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    IF that same person gets IT every race.....but somehow i DOUBT that....
    I wouldn't be happy if it were to be a deciding factor in a WDC, anyone can post a fastest lap towards the end of a race if they have nothing else to lose, even a backmarker!

I wouldn't be happy if it were to be a deciding factor in a WDC, anyone can post a fastest lap towards the end of a race if they have nothing else to lose, even a backmarker!
    Agreed not a fan of the idea, unless it was fastest lap in the first half of the race or something, we will see everyone from 11th down just pitting now near the end to go for fastest lap.
    Forza Ferrari