Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Who at Merc would want to leave?
    Nobody.

But if the 2nd driver's contract is not extended then the situation gets interesting. If Verstappen could free himself from RBR based on performance clause then he could turn out to be the future of Mercedes.

But as everything usually is this too is purely speculation.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Nobody.

But if the 2nd driver's contract is not extended then the situation gets interesting. If Verstappen could free himself from RBR based on performance clause then he could turn out to be the future of Mercedes.

But as everything usually is this too is purely speculation.
    Very interesting indeed! I think Bottas is pretty safe with a new contract the way he's driving so far. Max needs a win or two to add to his great driving. So does Seb !!

Mercedes are the flavour of f1.It's would be like pulling teeth to have a driver leave.At Merc you do not leave on your own Merritt mercedes show you the door non negotiable.what driver wants to go from the Nurberg ring to the suffering.?

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Mercedes are the flavour of f1.It's would be like pulling teeth to have a driver leave.At Merc you do not leave on your own Merritt mercedes show you the door non negotiable.what driver wants to go from the Nurberg ring to the suffering.?
    So you want a name? Rosberg left the "flavour of f1" on his own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    So you want a name? Rosberg left the "flavour of f1" on his own terms.
    Rosberg is a different driver, he was happy with 1 title, almost all others want all the titles in the world. Look at Lewis, Seb; already 9 titles and still want a lot more. Rumor has it that Alonso still has desire for at least 1 more title so he is coming back next year. Rosberg was indeed the one who left Mercedes on his own, others as Toto said in 2016 - he received calls from more than half the grid to drive for Mercedes in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Rosberg was indeed the one who left Mercedes on his own, others as Toto said in 2016 - he received calls from more than half the grid to drive for Mercedes in 2017.
    Only Kimi and Kvyat did not call.

https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f1/2...-not-called-me

If there is any truth in the speculated tense relations between Mr Wolff and Mr Källenius I would strongly suggest Scuderia to approach Mr Wolff with an offer far more interesting than CEO of F1.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/wolff-...le-after-2020/
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    If there is any truth in the speculated tense relations between Mr Wolff and Mr Källenius I would strongly suggest Scuderia to approach Mr Wolff with an offer far more interesting than CEO of F1.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/wolff-...le-after-2020/
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has to be Brawn. Definitely not Wolff.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

How much of Mercedes' success to you write to Toto? If you think he's responsible for a lot of it due to his leadership then why would we see bringing in Toto as a bad thing? Or maybe he would not fit in the team's mentality?

Anyway, I think Mercedes might be in shambles for a while if they remove Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How much of Mercedes' success to you write to Toto? If you think he's responsible for a lot of it due to his leadership then why would we see bringing in Toto as a bad thing? Or maybe he would not fit in the team's mentality?

Anyway, I think Mercedes might be in shambles for a while if they remove Toto.
    The team's "mentality" is clearly not working, and hasn't in over a decade.

I do believe that Toto has played an important part in Merc's continuing dominance in this era of F1, one of which has been stability despite changes of technical directors. I also feel that Binotto has too much to contend with at Ferrari and can't be expected to oversee the technical and pit-lane activities as well as managing the drivers. Arrivabene had similar issues and I don't believe he had the technical knowledge or experience, so Ferrari have suffered from a lack of continuity, which also goes some way to explaining the strategic mistakes that have occurred. Binotto needs a wing-man too!

https://grandpx.news/ferrari-will-no...elli-test-car/
    Ferrari will not supply Pirelli test car

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    https://grandpx.news/ferrari-will-no...elli-test-car/
    Ferrari will not supply Pirelli test car
    What the HELL??

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What the HELL??
    Might be ferrari wants to get clear indications of 2021 regulations first.

What the HELL??
    To hell with Pirelli is more appropriate! They took over F-1 . Tires seem to be the main trouble for not only Ferrari but most every top team. They say and put out what ever they feel is ok.

To hell with Pirelli is more appropriate! They took over F-1 . Tires seem to be the main trouble for not only Ferrari but most every top team. They say and put out what ever they feel is ok.
    Pirelli will stay in F1 however we may hate it. Not providing our car to test them is dumb. The teams doing so may not, but may get some advantage (if only by Pirelli making it based on the car they are testing it on) and we just said "meh, we don't need it... We are so doing so well, we won't even try".

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Pirelli will stay in F1 however we may hate it. Not providing our car to test them is dumb. The teams doing so may not, but may get some advantage (if only by Pirelli making it based on the car they are testing it on) and we just said "meh, we don't need it... We are so doing so well, we won't even try".
    I can't see Pirelli doing right by Ferrari esp. if they know the car inside out ; tire wear wise. If they favor another team, they for sure can future Ferrari's woes.

Toto: Hamilton to Ferrari, Vettel to Mercs

https://www.motorsport-total.com/for...cedes-19051117

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post

It’s not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post

That would mean the end of me being a tifoso, at least for one car. Without the best car and all the luck, HAM would never have had so many WDCs, great driver though he is.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That would mean the end of me being a tifoso, at least for one car. Without the best car and all the luck, HAM would never have had so many WDCs, great driver though he is.
    that goes the same for Seb.....that goes the same for Jenson button.....that goes the same for any F1 WDC.....you NEED a fast car to win WDC's simple as that....

so maybe what Ferrari needs is a fast and a complete driver like Ham along side Leclerc to win the WCC......as much as i dislike Hamilton for various reasons here and there.....i'm ABSOLUTELY 100% sure he would have won the WDC in both 2017 and 2018......compared to Seb which which we all know he dissappointed us in those years.....

so if it does happen the SWAP for 2020 between Vetal and Lewis......I'LL TAKE IT
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that goes the same for Seb.....that goes the same for Jenson button.....that goes the same for any F1 WDC.....you NEED a fast car to win WDC's simple as that....

so maybe what Ferrari needs is a fast and a complete driver like Ham along side Leclerc to win the WCC......as much as i dislike Hamilton for various reasons here and there.....i'm ABSOLUTELY 100% sure he would have won the WDC in both 2017 and 2018......compared to Seb which which we all know he dissappointed us in those years.....

so if it does happen the SWAP for 2020 between Vetal and Lewis......I'LL TAKE IT
    I understand what you're saying but HAM would have had to fight just that bit harder to achieve it in last year's Ferrari compared to the Merc, he may well have had to make some of the desperate moves that Seb did. The Merc has allowed him to capitalise by not having to try too hard.

Merc has Lewis having to try hard to stay ahead of his team mate! Two equally fast and strong cars and a free hand at who's up front. Or... is that all make believe just to keep Bottas on board ? Pole to finishing 2nd. Lewis might have had enough of making Bottas happy. Giving up a few poles; if that's what's needed is no big deal for Lewis. The WDC is another story.

Merc has Lewis having to try hard to stay ahead of his team mate! Two equally fast and strong cars and a free hand at who's up front. Or... is that all make believe just to keep Bottas on board ? Pole to finishing 2nd. Lewis might have had enough of making Bottas happy. Giving up a few poles; if that's what's needed is no big deal for Lewis. The WDC is another story.
    Giving up few poles

I think we will see a 180 of Lewis's character and mentality IF he went to Ferrari.

Same goes for Seb, we will see a 180 in his character and mentality.

If they were to swap.

What will be interesting is a 5x "GOAT" and Leclerc.......that's worth watching a whole season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think we will see a 180 of Lewis's character and mentality IF he went to Ferrari.

Same goes for Seb, we will see a 180 in his character and mentality.

If they were to swap.

What will be interesting is a 5x "GOAT" and Leclerc.......that's worth watching a whole season!!!
    sadly the swap will NEVER happen mate....lewis is at home where he's at and breaking records....if he comes to Ferrari, that will not be guaranteed
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    sadly the swap will NEVER happen mate....lewis is at home where he's at and breaking records....if he comes to Ferrari, that will not be guaranteed
    Sounds a lot like Seb coming from winning to working to win.

HAAS

Rich Energy is currently being sued by Whyte bikes for logo infringement. Rich Energy will appeal. HAAS has yet to remove the "antler-like" logo.

Claire Williams considering outsourcing parts from external suppliers to survive next season.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Mercedes have decided to downgrade their car for the rest of the season to make it more interesting.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6oRjIgW4AAeBVf.jpg