Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    On the one hand he is bigging up his engine, and on the other slating his car; that's exceptionally honest of him
    I personally don't like the guy.

He's also stating that power will be up to Merc/Ferrari level......please.

McLaren, B team, is beating Renault, a works team, with a rookie and an average driver compared to DR & Hulk. Renault have a bigger budget and more personnel than Mclaren.

I believe more from Tanabe-san (Honda) than I do Cyril "Whattafool". Just my personal taste.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets axed at years end.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

No standard gearbox cassette for 2021!

F1 calls off planned standard gearboxes move for 2021 cost saving
    https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/f1-...190303765.html

Formula 1 has called off its expected switch to standard gearbox cassettes in 2021, following a World Motor Sport Council vote to retain freedom of gearbox supply in the championship.

The mooted switch to standard cassettes was part of F1's cost-cutting push for 2021, but the WMSC has concluded based on the FIA's analysis that "similar financial savings could be made by means other than the specification of a single supplier".
    WOW! Common sense has prevailed. Hopefully Ferrari and Merc had something to do with it. Now just throw the other standard tenders in to the trash bin as well. If the want to reduce costs just introduce that damn cap and be done with it.

According to Corriere della Sera, Ferrari has snatched someone from Red Bull, who could prove to be fundamental in giving new life to their simulator. It's Marco Adurno, an expert in correlation of car dynamics, who will also take care of the development of the simulator.

https://www.formulapassion.it/motors...no-437847.html

Turrini also reports changes at Ferrari:

• Alessandro Cinelli is no longer responsible for aerodynamic performance.

• Giacomo Tortora is no longer responsible for the vehicle area (including the relationship with the tyres)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    According to Corriere della Sera, Ferrari has snatched someone from Red Bull, who could prove to be fundamental in giving new life to their simulator. It's Marco Adurno, an expert in correlation of car dynamics, who will also take care of the development of the simulator.

• Giacomo Tortora is no longer responsible for the vehicle area (including the relationship with the tyres)
    Saw that earlier before Greig posted his thread "When will this end"

And changes already taking place if true (Turrini-->shoulder shrug).

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Saw that earlier before Greig posted his thread "When will this end"

And changes already taking place if true (Turrini-->shoulder shrug).
    Oh my apologies ... I couldn’t see that.

Yet Jock still has a job....
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    he’s too expensive for other teams I think so

Oh my apologies ... I couldn’t see that.
    no no, no need to apologize. Your good.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    mind boggling.

Appears at Ferrari f1 division to be clueless with no direction the season has unravelled for Ferrari into a full blown disaster.Thank God there road division is in full controll excelling in all department's and it reflects with there massive profits and excellent winning again engine of the year.Such a pitty f1 division is in no man's land and lost.

[AMuS] Newey wants the rules for 2021 to be introduced as late as possible and not in June already because Mercedes has such a big advantage now, so that they could be the only team benefiting from it. He wants the rules to be introduced in December.

Newey: "The Mercedes aero department is twice as big as ours. With their lead, they can use 50% of the people to concentrate on the current car and 2020 and the rest can already work fully for 2021. The less time there is, the fairer the starting point for all teams."

Mercedes agreed with the rules being introduced in October and not June but Racing Point disagreed. Red Bull is convinced that Mercedes are using Racing Point for their own interest. Because a single vote against it is enough to prevent the postponement to October.
    I hope this isn't true, but I think Merc is capable of dominating the sport in the 2021 regulation era as well.
    Merc is the biggest manufacturer in the sport, they have plenty of money to go around, and when we see what they are doing in terms of developing automotive technology, it's no surprise that they are also the leader in F1 car today.

I don't know if Ferrari will ever be able to out develop them, or even if Ferrari will ever be willing to spend on F1 like what we used to back in Luca DM era.

Hate to say this, but I think standardization of certain parts may very well be the only key to giving others a chance to break Merc dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I hope this isn't true, but I think Merc is capable of dominating the sport in the 2021 regulation era as well.
    Merc is the biggest manufacturer in the sport, they have plenty of money to go around, and when we see what they are doing in terms of developing automotive technology, it's no surprise that they are also the leader in F1 car today.

I don't know if Ferrari will ever be able to out develop them, or even if Ferrari will ever be willing to spend on F1 like what we used to back in Luca DM era.

Hate to say this, but I think standardization of certain parts may very well be the only key to giving others a chance to break Merc dominance.
    That's what I have been saying since eternity that rule change is not the way to break Mercedes dominance. If one wants to beat Mercedes, they must work better. Teams can't beat Mercedes now, how will they beat them in 2021? Red Bull always want aero changes but what did they achieve in 2014 or 2017 or 2019 with the new aero? Everytime Mercedes came on top.

Mercedes only seriously started putting its efforts in F1 in late 2011 when their F1 management told the board - either we go all in or we are out. And when they did go all in, the result is dominance never ever seen in the history of Formula 1, their ability to build cars, develop cars, fix issues, innovate is unrivaled and the speed at which they do this is godly. Time has come for other teams to stop hiding behind rule changes and face an utterly brilliant team head on and beat them. That's the only way to find the light.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's what I have been saying since eternity that rule change is not the way to break Mercedes dominance. If one wants to beat Mercedes, they must work better. Teams can't beat Mercedes now, how will they beat them in 2021? Red Bull always want aero changes but what did they achieve in 2014 or 2017 or 2019 with the new aero? Everytime Mercedes came on top.

Mercedes only seriously started putting its efforts in F1 in late 2011 when their F1 management told the board - either we go all in or we are out. And when they did go all in, the result is dominance never ever seen in the history of Formula 1, their ability to build cars, develop cars, fix issues, innovate is unrivaled and the speed at which they do this is godly. Time has come for other teams to stop hiding behind rule changes and face an utterly brilliant team head on and beat them. That's the only way to find the light.
    Yeah agree with you.

First it was mercs engine, none were able to touch until Ferrari caught them.
    Now it's aero development, mercs on top. This is where RB are good at, but still they are lacking overall balance. Also this is where Ferrari is weak at, instead of producing upgrades they develop downgrades.

To stop mercs, it's not overall regulation changes which is needed. It's a strong rival team with better Strategies & Solutions to the problems which occur & strong development path.

To stop mercs, it's not overall regulation changes which is needed. It's a strong rival team with better Strategies & Solutions to the problems which occur & strong development path.
    To achieve this I think we need a more cosmopolitan workforce bringing new ideas technical, mechanical, aerodynamic and strategic from other areas of Motorsport.
    I have nothing against a national team but I doubt if it works in the modern world.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I have nothing against a national team but I doubt if it works in the modern world.
    Analogy--> When the Americans wanted to beat the Germans on the ground and in the atomic age, it was a collaboration of countries and intelligent minds from parts of the globe that helped beat the Germans in both aspects.

When, the Americans wanted to go to the Moon and beat the Russians, it was a German V-2 rocket scientist who led the Saturn V program to go to the moon.

Point is, Ferrari needs a collaboration of intelligent minds from across the globe to beat Mercedes. Those minds are located and focused in Great Britain.

So yes, it's like going to war with Mercedes. It's like going to the moon with Mercedes.

I wonder if FIAT merging with Renault will have any effect on the F1 teams

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    I wonder if FIAT merging with Renault will have any effect on the F1 teams
    I doubt it.

Ferrari is not affiliated with FCA anymore.

I doubt it.

Ferrari is not affiliated with FCA anymore.
    Ohhh is to so...?? I didn’t see this happening ..!

Ohhh is to so...?? I didn’t see this happening ..!
    Yep, Marchionne, along with shareholders, separated Ferrari from FCA. Ferrari is on it's own.

Yep, Marchionne, along with shareholders, separated Ferrari from FCA. Ferrari is on it's own.
    Thanks for the info... !!

Sebastian Vettel with Charles Leclerc & Mattia Binotto at the La Partita del Cuore charity football match, today in Turin, Italy today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mfgNEXoAAz-oK.jpg

Sebastian Vettel & Cristiano Ronaldo during the La Partita Del Cuore charity football match

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mg09UWkAI_J54.jpg

Sebastian Vettel shaking hands with Gianluigi Buffon

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mjfU8WwAAKPb-.jpg

Seb in action

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mkC6PWwAYBsPN.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mkDZHW4AEVBsg.jpg

Sebastian Vettel with John Elkann

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mnfceX4AAUMY-.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mnhfLWsAYt9bU.jpg

Sebastian Vettel & Mick Schumacher

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mn2BLX4AIB0LA.jpg

Sebastian Vettel with Fransesco Totti

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mo9CaX4AYyYcW.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mo9l6WkAAt7Y1.jpg

And with Leclerc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mxuJMXYAEPM-o.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mxuYcW0AAimyk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    A scratch of the chin indeed. Though I do think it's pure incompetence at this point.

Vettel retires at the end of 2019???

mind as well, he's not achieved anything with Ferrari, only mistakes....he could have won with the 2018 Ferari car if it wasn't for the numerous mistakes he's made......lets hope we bring the Hulk or Richiardo if he DOES retire....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

This wouldn't surprise me at all, it's obvious he's not going to emulate Michael's trophies at Ferrari and it's not all his own fault, this should be an interesting time and if it means we get to keep Charles, maybe it would be for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    To achieve this I think we need a more cosmopolitan workforce bringing new ideas technical, mechanical, aerodynamic and strategic from other areas of Motorsport.
    I'm afraid that I have to agree, much as it would please me to think that a predominantly Italian team could overcome the might of British and German engineers , I don't think it can happen nowadays and we need to get the talent from wherever in the world we can.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me at all, it's obvious he's not going to emulate Michael's trophies at Ferrari and it's not all his own fault, this should be an interesting time and if it means we get to keep Charles, maybe it would be for the best.
    yeah for sure......keep charles and pair him up with the likes or either Rchiardo or Hulk....or even Max....that would be a powerful team to beat.....IF Ferrari gets their head out of their @## and builds a decent car....a championship winning car
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Predicted it way back in October haha might not be right about Leclerc winning the title tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I think LeClerc will outscore him next year and win the title Seb back to RBR or retiring.
    But anyway will Schumacher will be ready for next year if Seb is away?
    Forza Ferrari

It would seem Honda has higher aspirations of just being an engine supplier.......bring it!!!

excerpt from "Honda recognizes that he learned "his biggest lesson" with McLaren" (May 28, 2019)

"It will be hard, but if we continue down this road, one day we will be able to fight against Mercedes, we work in that direction, in competition it is about winning and losing, although 50% is probably pressure and 50% is fun. Progress in accordance with our plan, Formula 1 is the best scenario to face this challenge ", Yamamoto pointed to finish.

https://translate.google.com/transla...83&prev=search