Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Predicted it way back in October haha might not be right about Leclerc winning the title tho...
    But anyway will Schumacher will be ready for next year if Seb is away?
    Maybe had Ferrari allowed Charles to race he would be knocking at Ham's door. I don't think he's that good just hasn't any competition. Where was he in Bahrain "when" Charles was dominant??????

As for Mick I doubt he would be ready for 2020. Maybe like Charles he would need a year at either Alpha Romeo or Hass
    But what a pairing for the future.
    Surely the colour will be red.

Forza Jules

For me Charles and Max. Dream team.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Maybe had Ferrari allowed Charles to race he would be knocking at Ham's door. I don't think he's that good just hasn't any competition. Where was he in Bahrain "when" Charles was dominant??????

As for Mick I doubt he would be ready for 2020. Maybe like Charles he would need a year at either Alpha Romeo or Hass
    But what a pairing for the future.
    Surely the colour will be red.
    if he DOES come to Ferrari, he better be ready for some PURE pressure....it will NOT be easy to carry the same last name as our beloved Michael....it will be an immense pressure for him to perform well
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    For me Charles and Max. Dream team.
    ^....Amen
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^....Amen
    Amen ! For sure a come back for Ferrari with that driver line up! The best part will be Ferrari totally unable to decide who's on 1st who's 2nd! And yeah; probably both their salaries together will be less than Seb's now. Bottas will need a machine gun to keep Ferrari away from Lewis!!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 29th May 2019 at 07:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Amen ! For sure a come back for Ferrari with that driver line up! The best part will be Ferrari totally unable to decide who's on 1st who's 2nd! And yeah; probably both their salaries together will be less than Seb's now. Bottas will need a machine gun to keep Ferrari away from Lewis!!!
    theres' no need for #1 and #2 driver.....whoever qualifies 1st and leads the race after 2-3 corners should be the driver that gets the priority for first pit stop....etc

to me is a nonsense to have #1 and #2.....they should both be treated equally with NO prefferences....and may the best driver with more points in hte end win the WDC.....easy peasy.....

If Vettel decides to retire, Ricciardo is the best bet, he is hungry. Max will be fantastic but Horner would throw kitchen sink to keep him locked. Alonso could be the dark horse

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    If Vettel decides to retire, Ricciardo is the best bet, he is hungry. Max will be fantastic but Horner would throw kitchen sink to keep him locked. Alonso could be the dark horse
    Ferrari won't make that stupid mistake once AGAIN in getting alonso....they been burned once before and besides, he's getting kind of old for competitive F1......Richiardo their best bet

Ferrari won't make that stupid mistake once AGAIN in getting alonso....they been burned once before and besides, he's getting kind of old for competitive F1......Richiardo their best bet
    What? Ferrari always wanted to extend his contract, and as far as I remember Alonso never let down the team with his performance. Although yes I’m not sure about his age to performance connection

What? Ferrari always wanted to extend his contract, and as far as I remember Alonso never let down the team with his performance. Although yes I’m not sure about his age to performance connection
    i never said anything about his performance, he gave it ALL while he was at Ferrari and he almost won in 2012 with the Mule of a car Ferrari gave him; he put that car in places it did NOT deserve, all because of his great racecraft....but he wanted out because Ferrari have failed him into giving him a championship winning car....
    hence why i'm quite positive he won't come back....it's like been there, done that.....time to move ON

i never said anything about his performance, he gave it ALL while he was at Ferrari and he almost won in 2012 with the Mule of a car Ferrari gave him; he put that car in places it did NOT deserve, all because of his great racecraft....but he wanted out because Ferrari have failed him into giving him a championship winning car....
    hence why i'm quite positive he won't come back....it's like been there, done that.....time to move ON
    You want grosjean in the team?? If its the case then better take Maldonado. Race will be exciting, his salary will be cheap, he can atleast pass fear in the paddock or the starting grid where everyone will talk about him too.
    Lot of benefits.

[gptoday.net]

Honda is planning to introduce an engine upgrade at Monza
    It's not how start but how you finish.

[planetf1.com]

'Red Bull in talks with Nico Hulkenberg for 2020 drive'

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [planetf1.com]

'Red Bull in talks with Nico Hulkenberg for 2020 drive'
    It's all kicking off.
    I would love to see the Hulk in a competitive car but not as Max's no2. He's too nice.
    Poor Dan up the creek without a paddle!!!! Maybe he could get in the back door for a year at Ferrari but they will be evaluating Giovinazzi.
    Would they risk the 2021 car in the hands of two young guns?????? It could be the best decision Ferrari ever made.

Forza Jules

I don’t see Giovinazzi ever racing for Ferrari as a full term driver

I would love to see Alonso back.... Just a good car is enough.
    Atleast we can see Alonso vs Ham battle.....

I tend to agree, he just doesn’t have the hunger or speed

he's best for simulator...!!

Charles has both the hunger and the speed. Gio is evaluating how things go for Charles @ Ferrari. He also has to think about Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    ...He also has to think about Mick.
    Schumacher Jr. is 15th in F2 standings - I do not see him to be the one to think about.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I'd love to see GIO make an impression but so far he has only shown that he has the speed in FP sessions, the car seems to come unstuck in quali although kimi has managed to drag it into the points in the race. GIO has proved to be a good blocker but his low starting positions and too many penalties have not shown his abilities in a good light. Hope he doesn't get binned just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Schumacher Jr. is 15th in F2 standings - I do not see him to be the one to think about.
    Your guy Kimi came to F1 without even doing F2
    Forza Ferrari

I can bet he wouldn't have been 15th if he had done it. You are comparing a world champ to a kid that might or might not make it into F1. I hope he has it and it is not just the name.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I can bet he wouldn't have been 15th if he had done it. You are comparing a world champ to a kid that might or might not make it into F1. I hope he has it and it is not just the name.
    Don't be stupid please, I am not comparing Mick to Kimi's whole career, just pointing out it means little in junior racing if someone can make it or not...but surely that was obvious.
    Forza Ferrari

At this stage, I can't see Giovinazzi in the Ferrari seat either.

After Alonso's stint with McLaren, I bet he would relish one last crack at a championship with Ferrari.

Hey, what about Tatiana Calderon? She hasn't scored a single point in F2 this season, but I'm sure she could hang.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Exactly. Everybody talks endlessly about Mick being the pair to Charles but what results made him a potential ferrari driver?
    Apart from the surname, I think there are several drivers showing better in F3/F2. And also in F1 there are drivers that I think would do better in a Ferrari.

Ferrari doesn't need magic names. Needs competence, hard work and talent.

Ok. So how will this be Ferrari's stupid mistake? How were they "burned" by this driver that "gave it ALL"?

yeah, but he was an exception....he was THAT good....no need to prove himself in F2

Mercedes confirms that it will continue in Formula 1 until 2025

The president of Daimler AG certifies the commitment of the brand with the Grand Circus

Mercedes plays a decisive role in the negotiations of the regulation 2021

Mercedes will continue in Formula 1 at least until 2025. Ola Källenius, the president of Daimler AG, company to which the German brand belongs, rules out the possibility that they will leave the category reigns at the end of 2020.

The successor of Dieter Zetsche, Ola Källenius, has advanced part of the long-term plans of Mercedes, as it has ensured that the brand will continue in Formula 1 at least until 2025, according to the Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

The German team is in one of its best moments after winning the last five world titles. This year they have achieved six victories and five doubles in the six races that have been played to date and have shown their superiority with respect to Ferrari. In addition, the Germans will embark this year on a new sports project, the Formula E.

The continuity of Mercedes was not clear due to the doubts that Toto Wolff had about the budgetary ceiling desired by Liberty Media, but the confirmation on the part of Källeniuis will make Mercedes have a decisive role in the configuration of the new regulations that will take effect from of 2021.

This news comes just after it was rumored the possibility that Toto Wolff became the new executive director of Formula 1 from 2021, since in 2020 he ends his contract with the German squad. However, the Austrian has recently confessed that he is satisfied in front of Mercedes and has insisted that he does not want to change jobs.

The continuity of Mercedes would allow Hamilton to continue with the German team with the regulatory change, as the Briton has assured that he wants to make the team the most successful of all time and is determined to win the titles of the next five years.

https://translate.google.com/transla...22&prev=search

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The continuity of Mercedes would allow Hamilton to continue with the German team with the regulatory change, as the Briton has assured that he wants to make the team the most successful of all time and is determined to win the titles of the next five years.

https://translate.google.com/transla...22&prev=search
    Anyone else completely terrified of the next half decade?

Disappointed Since 2010