Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Anyone else completely terrified of the next half decade?
    I was like......oh great.......wonderful.......yoo-hoo..........
    It's not how start but how you finish.

That's a terrifying thought and another nail in the coffin of F1, but how dare Mercedes assume that their all-conquering current form will last indefinitely....oh wait, it's Formula Merc so I suppose it's a foregone conclusion that HAM will win every championship until F1 is decreed a lost cause.

Anyone else completely terrified of the next half decade?
    What a frightening thought Hamilton winning WDCs indefinitely.
    He will be keen to beat Michael's record of 7. After all he only needs 2 more to draw level and a sixth may well be in the bag unless we can turn it all around......there is still time!
    Who can stop him??????
    No pressure Charles and Ferrari

Forza Jules

Well seems Merc are happy about the 2021 rules. Not looking good.

How come 2004 FIA said 2005 be big rule changes to stop us from winning and make the racing more excitable ad less predictable. But lets be honest apart from 2002 2004 we didn't truly dominate.

But this seems to be lost nowadays, only if Liberty FIA and most of media take off their Merc tinted glasses and actually see how they are hurting the sport. A lot more than we ever did back in early 2000s.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Who can stop him??????
    Max.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Max.
    No no Charles is our man.
    If he's let loose he can wave at Max as he goes by.

Forza Jules

I'm almost sure Seb won't retire at the end of this year. He has a contract for next year as well and why not stick to the end? However, he might want to retire after his contract ends. Unless something strongly convince him otherwise and see an opportunity to do something great in the sport under the new regulations.

PU will stay the same until 2025 with maybe some minor changes before that. But no new one from 2021.

Formula 1's future power unit
    https://i.imgur.com/zXhXbJX.jpg

Merc will probably stay in F1 until 2025

Mercedes in F1 until 2025
    https://www.corrieredellosport.it/ne..._fino_al_2025/

Mercedes will remain in Formula 1 even beyond 2020 and at least until 2025. The decision was taken by the new president of Daimler AG, Ola Källenius, based on the programs drawn up by the precedent Dieter Zetsche, with whom there was passage of deliveries a few days ago, 22 May.
    So it's safe to say Merc will stay in F1 for as long as the PU technology is the same. Hybrid turbo V6. They will sign the new concorde agreement now that the standard gearbox is binned and other standard tenders probably will be as well. The biggest change to F1 on the horizon is now the move to 18 inch rims from 2021.

Yeah no reason for them to leave. They got the engines spot on. Even if they lose a title they'll still be close and it's good marketing without that much effort because they already nailed this technology. But if they dominate the entire new regulations from 2021 to 2025 it will be disgusting.

New regulations are not always for the best.

Take last year, the teams were closer as development advantages lessoned.

Someone pressed the reset and look where we are

https://www.planetf1.com/f1-races/ca...nge-in-canada/

Mercedes expecting a ‘huge challenge’ in Canada

“This will make Canada a huge challenge for us as the track characteristics could favour our opponents – there are many long straights, and fewer corners in which to make up lap time"

Spare us your lies Toto...its getting old and the entire F1 community sees right through you. Here's the script for this weekends episode of FormulaMercPirelli -

- FP1, 2 and 3 Merc will turn the engines down, Ferrari will look fast.
    - Hamilton will come out and say Ferrari are the favourites for pole.
    - Q3 Hamilton will smash the track record and take pole by +9 tenths from the rest of the field
    - Hamilton will come out and say Niki Lauda came down from the heavens above, took over the steering wheel and gave him pole #blessed
    - Merc will drive away with another 1-2 snooze fest
    - Hamilton will say "thank to all the incredible fans here in Montreal, best in the world, that was a hard race - I had to drive with only 2 gears and 1 foot"

END lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

“This will make Canada a huge challenge for us as the track characteristics could favour our opponents – there are many long straights, and fewer corners in which to make up lap time"

Spare us your lies Toto...its getting old and the entire F1 community sees right through you. Here's the script for this weekends episode of FormulaMercPirelli -

- Q3 Hamilton will smash the track record and take pole by +9 tenths from the rest of the field
    - Hamilton will come out and say Niki Lauda came down from the heavens above, took over the steering wheel and gave him pole #blessed
    - Hamilton will say "thank to all the incredible fans here in Montreal, best in the world, that was a hard race - I had to drive with only 2 gears and 1 foot"

END lol
    LOLOLOL.....

could not have said it any better myself mate....Toto is such a sore loser....sounds like a broken record to me
    we all know the outcome of this weekend.....especially since they're gonna introduce spec 2 engine rumored at 1022 Hp....

the sad part is....and NOW i sound like a broken record, i'll be there in Montreal witnessing the Merc 1-2......:(.......BUT THE GOOD PART IS, I WILL LEAVE EARLY IN ORDER TO BEAT THE TRAFFIC......ha, ha...no need to stick around for the podium ceremony like i did last year

if i would have had a CRYSTAL ball back in Feb after winter testing i would have not bought tickets to this race.....then again if i would have had a crystal ball i could be a millionaire also....ha, ha...

oh well, at least Montreal is always fun partying regardless....but i would have enjoyed it more like i did last year when Ferrari won the race....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

END lol

It's not how start but how you finish.

We have all heard this pre rubbish mercedes nonsense before.They need to say something because this year's fi season has become a farce a real non event.Ferrari will try it's best and yes it would be great if they made mercedes eat there nonsense.

END lol
    Nailed it!

Disappointed Since 2010

It seems that some Ferrari fans are disappointed that Lewis is so polite and diplomatic when he talks about other teams and his own success. They are hoping for: Ferrari is a terrible joke, no competition, the car can't get out of it's own way. Who's worse Seb or Charles? Me Lewis! I'm the best! Unbeatable! Oh ! and Toto : We are unbeatable, Ferrari has no chance even R Bull is quicker! I for one prefer the diplomacy, weather they mean it or not. F-1 is a sport; not a war. And off track it seems all drivers get along with each other, joking and even a little football thrown in. O K , what a bunch of phonies!

END lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It seems that some Ferrari fans are disappointed that Lewis is so polite and diplomatic when he talks about other teams and his own success. They are hoping for: Ferrari is a terrible joke, no competition, the car can't get out of it's own way. Who's worse Seb or Charles? Me Lewis! I'm the best! Unbeatable! Oh ! and Toto : We are unbeatable, Ferrari has no chance even R Bull is quicker! I for one prefer the diplomacy, weather they mean it or not. F-1 is a sport; not a war. And off track it seems all drivers get along with each other, joking and even a little football thrown in. O K , what a bunch of phonies!
    Oh ya wt abt mad max “ engine engine” & team “grape juice”

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Oh ya wt abt mad max “ engine engine” & team “grape juice”
    This is a Ferrari forum, you are always praising Max! He's not here yet! I have no idea what "grape juice means here?" Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    LOLOLOL.....

could not have said it any better myself mate....Toto is such a sore loser....sounds like a broken record to me
    we all know the outcome of this weekend.....especially since they're gonna introduce spec 2 engine rumored at 1022 Hp....

the sad part is....and NOW i sound like a broken record, i'll be there in Montreal witnessing the Merc 1-2......:(.......BUT THE GOOD PART IS, I WILL LEAVE EARLY IN ORDER TO BEAT THE TRAFFIC......ha, ha...no need to stick around for the podium ceremony like i did last year

if i would have had a CRYSTAL ball back in Feb after winter testing i would have not bought tickets to this race.....then again if i would have had a crystal ball i could be a millionaire also....ha, ha...

oh well, at least Montreal is always fun partying regardless....but i would have enjoyed it more like i did last year when Ferrari won the race....
    I was supposed too go this year, but ended up cancelling because of communions and birthdays this weekend. At first I was upset, but I guess that worked out in my favour! lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Nailed it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

END lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    This is a Ferrari forum, you are always praising Max! He's not here yet! I have no idea what "grape juice means here?" Let me know.
    Just now you got reminded that this is ferrari forum
    Where r the words “we need max in ferrari” don’t remember?
    And ferrari engine grape juice smell statement from your hottest driver team

Brilliant Stefa brilliant you have mimicked mercedes and Hamilton perfectly and yes as we say in Australia I have had a gut full of there yap.

END lol
    Sounds like nearly every race since 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Sounds like nearly every race since 2014...
    Pretty much, just more people are catching on to the farce now. Good to poke fun at, but a sad reality for us tifosi...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Spare us your lies Toto...its getting old and the entire F1 community sees right through you.
    Lol. What do you expect dude? You want a team boss to go out there and thump his chest and say the rest of the teams are and we are the best?
    If YOU were a team boss would you do it? What if one of your rivals found some pace. What if you have reliability issues? What if weather plays a part and then you lose the race you are so expected to win.... you would look like a clown wouldnt you?

Now which team boss wants to look like a clown?

And like you mentioned, the F1 community sees through it. But its the necessary thing to say. So Ferrari and RBR and someone else doesnt feel like losers. Its the right thing to say cause anything can happen in sport. A little humility wont kill him and praising his opponents is just good manners.
    Silently, like a shadow

Well said ! No waving a finger in the air when he wins makes Lewis look like a winner; more so than if he was waving it. Like the saying goes: " Damned if you do, damned if you don't ." The media does; but Lewis doesn't talk about the records he's reaching.

Yeah it better than crashing other driver in pit wall & get penalised

When drivers like Lewis are winning so easily I believe that this will take the edge of a driver complacency will come to table.When another team finally presents a car to challenge mercs and Lewis and put in a gun driver he will struggle because of the current lack lustre competition. I am eagerly waiting for the winds of change and for my theory to be proven.