Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    When drivers like Lewis are winning so easily I believe that this will take the edge of a driver complacency will come to table.When another team finally presents a car to challenge mercs and Lewis and put in a gun driver he will struggle because of the current lack lustre competition. I am eagerly waiting for the winds of change and for my theory to be proven.
    100% agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/f1-races/ca...nge-in-canada/

Mercedes expecting a ‘huge challenge’ in Canada

“This will make Canada a huge challenge for us as the track characteristics could favour our opponents – there are many long straights, and fewer corners in which to make up lap time"

Spare us your lies Toto...its getting old and the entire F1 community sees right through you. Here's the script for this weekends episode of FormulaMercPirelli -

- FP1, 2 and 3 Merc will turn the engines down, Ferrari will look fast.
    - Hamilton will come out and say Ferrari are the favourites for pole.
    - Q3 Hamilton will smash the track record and take pole by +9 tenths from the rest of the field
    - Hamilton will come out and say Niki Lauda came down from the heavens above, took over the steering wheel and gave him pole #blessed
    - Merc will drive away with another 1-2 snooze fest
    - Hamilton will say "thank to all the incredible fans here in Montreal, best in the world, that was a hard race - I had to drive with only 2 gears and 1 foot"

END lol
    Haha!!

Spot on!

You forgot one a cramp all race in both legs.

Helmut Marko: "Mercedes has a huge advantage atm thanks to this stupid change on the tyres. There are 9 teams that struggle and only one that benefits. The request to reduce the tread came from Mercedes who always suffered from blistering. But that's the way to ruin the sport."

So the 2021 rules got postponed to October.

"Today all team principals will sign a paper in Montreal allowing them to modify the regulations in agreement with the FIA."

There has been a war behind the scenes about the proposed 2021 cars. Teams unhappy with too many standard parts & too little freedom for own development. This morning FIA agreed to postpone rules to October & get teams involved.
    AMuS exclusive

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...mpression=true

Ferrari & Red Bull are leading a group of teams trying to convince Pirelli to go back to tyres with a thicker tread as quickly as possible. Arguing the new thinner tread tyres are bad for the show.

AMuS

Reply from Pirelli boss

Pirelli motorsport boss Mario Isola explains, what is necessary for them to change the tyre spec during a season: "We either need 70% of the teams to agree on that or the FIA officially requesting it. Or it has to be for safety reasons."

The problem about the 70% is that Zak Brown rejected a participation in the campaign so far.
    Racing Point and Williams have a working relationship with Mercedes. Doubt they would vote against them.

So Ferrari and RB would only get 60% and that is not enough to change the tyres

Then thank you Mario Pirelli are destroying f1 by pandering to mercedes Benz and what they want when there is a huge accident will mercedes back you then Mario fa el uomo.

F1 has been going downhill for years, probably at its lowest in decades now, and then the FIA imposes a farcical 'decision' which makes world headlines and makes F1 look like a rigged joke.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    F1 has been going downhill for years, probably at its lowest in decades now, and then the FIA imposes a farcical 'decision' which makes world headlines and makes F1 look like a rigged joke.
    In this case the FIA took away a 1st place win. It wasn't Lewis who took the 1st place win away from Seb. Or say if it were Bottas ready to win and Merc lets Lewis takes the win . Worse case was 1997 when Schumy was disqualified from the drivers championship. He deliberatly swerved into Villeneuve's williams. 2002 Rubens got bumped from a 1st place win. F-1 sure has some strange history.
    Last edited by Brembo; 10th June 2019 at 17:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    In this case the FIA took away a 1st place win. It wasn't Lewis who took the 1st place win away from Seb. Or say if it were Bottas ready to win and Merc lets Lewis takes the win . Worse case was 1997 when Schumy was disqualified from the drivers championship. He deliberatly swerved into Villeneuve's williams. 2002 Rubens got bumped from a 1st place win. F-1 sure has some strange history.
    You are talking about penalties which were long back & different era. Where there was lot of wheel to wheel battles & hard racing but still no such silly penalties like in current era.

In ferrari sneezes, if max farts, If Haas catches cold then it’s acidity for FIA or stewards because these teams & drivers come in between to Mercs & Ham. Which FIA doesn’t like.

Current era penalties are there to keep Lewis safe. Everyone knows he will be F-1 GOAT for many more years. The FIA needs to enforce strict penalties against team orders.

Current era penalties are there to keep Lewis safe. Everyone knows he will be F-1 GOAT for many more years. The FIA needs to enforce strict penalties against team orders.
    Then first team & driver to get *** is bottas & mercs

https://amp.autobild.de/artikel/form...mpression=true

Dr. Marko. Hope ferrari too raise their voice a little bit.

Ferrari should use this to their advantage. NOW! Everyone (ok, everyone except Wolf and Rosberg) are raging about the penalty, there are even voices against Mercedes... this is such a great sotuation to use the political Ferrari power. But why do I have a feeling, that we will let it go...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Ferrari should use this to their advantage. NOW! Everyone (ok, everyone except Wolf and Rosberg) are raging about the penalty, there are even voices against Mercedes... this is such a great sotuation to use the political Ferrari power. But why do I have a feeling, that we will let it go...
    Sadly Ferrari Became a MasterCuck and a naive team

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    https://amp.autobild.de/artikel/form...mpression=true

Dr. Marko. Hope ferrari too raise their voice a little bit.
    I think Canada finally started to open people’s eyes to what is going on. Maybe it needed to happen to finally put an end to this farce and expose Merc, Hamilton and all parties involved.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

It's always tricky to accuse the better performing team of cheating. Especially when there isn't any real evidence, except assumptions. But I do admit something smells funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    It's always tricky to accuse the better performing team of cheating. Especially when there isn't any real evidence, except assumptions. But I do admit something smells funny though.
    It’s bigger than Mercedes cheating, or having an advantage IMO. It’s F1 as a whole working jointly to manufacture the results of this turbo era. I know it’s easy to call me a conspiracy theorist, but when there’s smoke there’s usually fire. And I am definitely not the only one feeling this way. You can’t go on any website, or social media outlet without reading fans, pundits, journalists ex drivers etc negative reaction to all of this. When the Hamilton fan club (a.k.a Sky) even disagrees with the result you know something is up.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

IT worked for Shumy, Ferrari ! Now it's working for Lewis, Merc ! $$$$ Ferrari for sure gave it a good try with getting a 4x champion on board. It just didn't work. At least not yet. Wo knows maybe it will be Charles the great to bring Ferrari back to the top! I wish for this !

IT worked for Shumy, Ferrari ! Now it's working for Lewis, Merc ! $$$$ Ferrari for sure gave it a good try with getting a 4x champion on board. It just didn't work. At least not yet. Wo knows maybe it will be Charles the great to bring Ferrari back to the top! I wish for this !

Going back to the race on Sunday does anyone here know the thinking about keeping Charles out there on old rubber losing pace to the leaders (ok they said they were hoping for a safety car)
    Surely the smart thing would have been to bring Charles in at the same time as Ham and then he could have started biting at his heels like a puppy and maybe caused him to make a mistake.

Forza Jules

It’s bigger than Mercedes cheating, or having an advantage IMO. It’s F1 as a whole working jointly to manufacture the results of this turbo era. I know it’s easy to call me a conspiracy theorist, but when there’s smoke there’s usually fire. And I am definitely not the only one feeling this way. You can’t go on any website, or social media outlet without reading fans, pundits, journalists ex drivers etc negative reaction to all of this. When the Hamilton fan club (a.k.a Sky) even disagrees with the result you know something is up.
    Please grow up and stop with your nonsense. Vettel caused this whole farce by cracking under pressure like always and paid the price for it, just because pundits and ex drivers have and different opinion doesn't mean they are correct. I watched Marc Priestly's video on it and i think he's sums it out correctly, same with Rosberg, Palmer and others who simply said that Vettel is to blame for it. Yet again he threw away a win for our team because he cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Going back to the race on Sunday does anyone here know the thinking about keeping Charles out there on old rubber losing pace to the leaders (ok they said they were hoping for a safety car)
    Surely the smart thing would have been to bring Charles in at the same time as Ham and then he could have started biting at his heels like a puppy and maybe caused him to make a mistake.
    We all know why Charles was left out right ? don't be naive please.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Please grow up and stop with your nonsense. Vettel caused this whole farce by cracking under pressure like always and paid the price for it, just because pundits and ex drivers have and different opinion doesn't mean they are correct. I watched Marc Priestly's video on it and i think he's sums it out correctly, same with Rosberg, Palmer and others who simply said that Vettel is to blame for it. Yet again he threw away a win for our team because he cracked.
    Hamilton cracked the same 3 times during the race... you armchair expert

We all know why Charles was left out right ? don't be naive please.
    We don't surely, please enlighten us

Your comment contradicts itself. You discredit me mentioning drivers and pundits view on the penalty, saying their opinions don’t matter. You then proceed to quote Priestly, Palmer and Rosberg. I think you are the one who needs to stop with the nonsense.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 12th June 2019 at 17:28.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Your comment contradicts itself. You discredit me mentioning drivers and pundits view on the penalty, saying they’re opinions don’t matter. You then proceed to quote Priestly, Palmer and Rosberg. I think you are the one who needs to stop with the nonsense.
    I second that . LOL

Your comment contradicts itself. You discredit me mentioning drivers and pundits view on the penalty, saying they’re opinions don’t matter. You then proceed to quote Priestly, Palmer and Rosberg. I think you are the one who needs to stop with the nonsense.
    Meanwhile, Mario Andretti's name carries more weight than all three of them combined.

Disappointed Since 2010