Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari makes changes to its structure

Despite lagging behind Mercedes in the Constructors’ Championship, Ferrari’s team principal Mattia Binotto is working hard to ensure that his team has the perfect structure to get the best out of its resources in the near future.

Just after seven rounds into the 2019 FIA Formula One Championship, Ferrari is trailing Mercedes by 123 points while Sebastian Vettel is 62 points behind the championship leader Lewis Hamilton. Due to this deficit in the Standings and Mercedes’ advantage in terms of tyre management, it is obvious at the relatively early stage of the season that Mercedes looks set to steal its sixth constructors’ title in a row while Hamilton is on course to clinch his sixth world championship title.

Instead of standing still, Ferrari are adamant to understand the issues which hamper them to unlock the potential of their 2019 car, the SF90 as they want to find out what areas they have to work on intensively when they shift their focus on next year’s challenger. On the other hand, Mattia Binotto wants to strengthen the team structure. The Swiss-Italian took over the position of team principal from Maurizio Arrivabene on the 7th January. He was noted as team principal and technical director since the start of the season, but prior to the Canadian Grand Prix, his role was redefined, emphasising that he fulfils the position of team principal.

The 50-year-old said that Ferrari no longer has a classical horizontal structure. Instead of that, several people responsible for different key areas report to him and he has to filter the information to take the right changes and decisions.

Several other key positions were redefined to clarify the responsibilities within the team. Lewis Hamilton’s former race engineer Jock Clear was the team’s leading engineer, but his main responsibility for 2019 is his role as driver coach for Charles Leclerc. Toro Rosso’s former technican and FIA’s deputy race director Laurent Mekies who attended a Formula 1 race with Ferrari for the first time last November is responsible for the team’s sporting matters at the race tracks.

Position.......................................... .............. Person............................................ ....... Position.......................................... ... .......Person
    Team principal......................................... ......Mattia Binotto .........................................Driver coach, leading engineer.................. Jock Clear
    Sporting directo........................................... ..Laurent Mekies....................................... Charles Leclerc's race engineer......... .....Xavier Marcos Padros
    Head of strategy.......................................... . Inaki Rueda............................................. Charles Leclerc's performance engineer.....Bryan Bozzi
    Head of track engineering............................ Matteo Togninalli..................................... Head of track operations............................ Claudio Albertini
    Head of engine operations............................ Luigi Fraboni........................................... .Chief mechanic.......................................... Christian Corradini
    Sebastian Vettel's race engineer................... Riccardo Adami.......................................Sebast ian Vettel #1 mechanic................... Filippo Milani
    Sebastian Vettel's performance engineer...... Steven Petrik........................................ Charles Leclerc #1 mechanic...................... Alessandro Fusaro

Besides the adjustments to its structure, Ferrari made a series of recruitments in recent weeks to strengthen its workforce. Stephen Boyd was signed as a strategy expert. He recently worked for Liberty Media, but he was responsible for different tasks in the strategy department at different teams prior to his role at Formula One’s Commercial Rights’ Holder.

Maurizio Tomasselli will also join Ferrari in the coming weeks. The Italian was the coordinator of chassis development at Toro Rosso and his role at Ferrari will be similar to that. As an aerodynamicist, Hermann Wolche will get a role inside the windtunnel activities of Ferrari. The German worked at Mercedes recently. The engine department of the Italian team will be strengthened by the arrival of Francois Dejoyeaux who lately worked at Renault’s engine centre in Viry-Charillon. Nigel Rupert-Nuttling will arrive from Red Bull. The Briton will work on the correlation between the CFD-simulations and the track.

Summer dedicated to developments
    Despite to the lack of pace during recent races, Ferrari has not been desperate to find remedy to its issues with the cornering speed of its SF90. It brought some aerodynamic updates to its car in Azerbaijan, followed by some minor other parts and a new internal combustion engine in Spain.

In the following two races, Monaco and Canada, Ferrari appeared with almost an identical car. However, it fitted a new turbocharger and a new MGU-H to both its cars to complete its first engine upgrade which it started with the new ICE in Spain.

However, the Italian team has not stood still in recent weeks and was working a series of developments which should enable them to get the most out of Pirelli’s 2019 tyres. Binotto said that there will be “a series of developments in the next races to improve the use of the tyres. We have ideas, and we need to hurry, but it will take a few weeks.”

According to the Italian La Gazzetta dello Sport, the team will introduce a raft of important developments in the next four grands prix. The impressive frenzy of updates will involve a new front wing in France, a new floor in Austria, a new diffuser at Silverstone, and new barge boards at Hockenheim.

https://www.f1technical.net/news/22075

• Francois Dejoyeaux (prev. worked at Renault in the engine centre in Viry-Charillon) will work at the engine department

• Nigel Rupert-Nuttling from Red Bull will join (correlation between the CFD-simulations and the track)
    Thanks for the Info..!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    "You wasn’t around in the MS years?"

Schumacher was up against Senna, Prost, Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Montoya and Alonso.

He won his two first championships in arguably an inferior car. From 1997-2000, the opposition usually had the faster car. Later, he was up against a powerful Williams and revived Mclaren as well, then Alonso in the Renault.
    Don't forget 1996 when Schumacher won 3 races in a dog of a car due to sheer talent (Spain 1996 was his best race ever). That's the difference between MS the real F1 GOAT and Lewis the FIA GOAT. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Don't forget 1996 when Schumacher won 3 races in a dog of a car due to sheer talent (Spain 1996 was his best race ever). That's the difference between MS the real F1 GOAT and Lewis the FIA GOAT. Enough said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wBUeZ5Hjc

Back at that time they ware racing at those conditions for real. Nowadays race would be suspended, not even a SC will went out!
    Last edited by stefa; 19th June 2019 at 06:33.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wBUeZ5Hjc

Back at that time they ware racing at those conditions for real. Nowadays race would be suspended, not even a SC will went out!
    Exactly. Also, nowadays you can't race Lewis or Mercedes for that matter because if you impede or hit them on track, you will be penalized. If you managed to build a faster car than them, an extra sensor will be placed in yours to limit your progress. If they can't get the tires operate properly, a special custom tire will be built for them. That's how the FIA GOAT manages to break records left and right. Shame.

How did Lewis gain such a high place among anyone who's anyone in F-1. F I A. Rules , tires, decisions, all in his favor. It's not just his fans that have him as GOAT, but those in charge also have him rated there. Max, Charles, HELP! !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How did Lewis gain such a high place among anyone who's anyone in F-1. F I A. Rules , tires, decisions, all in his favor. It's not just his fans that have him as GOAT, but those in charge also have him rated there. Max, Charles, HELP! !
    I'd narrow that down to Charles, Brembo, as we are Ferrari tifosi, not Red Bull aficionados. And don't let's forget Seb, but first we need the car to work with the tyres and on all circuits, otherwise there's no point in comparing anyone to HAM and Merc, they already have the powers that be on their side permanently.

I remember when Hamilton's car was put back on the circuit by a CRANE and he received no punishment...

I remember when Hamilton's car was put back on the circuit by a CRANE and he received no punishment...
    ah, the memories...
    ms.gif

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'd narrow that down to Charles, Brembo, as we are Ferrari tifosi, not Red Bull aficionados. And don't let's forget Seb, but first we need the car to work with the tyres and on all circuits, otherwise there's no point in comparing anyone to HAM and Merc, they already have the powers that be on their side permanently.
    Charles first choice for sure. My thoughts are that Max has a shot at getting to Lewis. If he does, we have a shot at getting a R Bull out of the way. Either Seb or Charles vs. Max for a win or two is far more possible than the way it now stands. Also out of the three above mentioned, Max would be the one to DNF a Merc in a fight ! There's still plenty of races left to watch and hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Chewed up and spat out by who ?
    Just something that I thought was funny after the Canadian GP. Seeing as you are a huge Hamilton fan, I got a good chuckle when after the race and out of his car Hamilton was bent over like he was winded and dead tired... and earlier he had said in a media interview that races should be harder and drivers should have nothing left after a race, that races today are too easy. He made it look like he was going to keel over.......

and in the pitlane there was a shot of Vettel pushing his car back towards the FIA compound... by himself.
    Thought that was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Just something that I thought was funny after the Canadian GP. Seeing as you are a huge Hamilton fan, I got a good chuckle when after the race and out of his car Hamilton was bent over like he was winded and dead tired... and earlier he had said in a media interview that races should be harder and drivers should have nothing left after a race, that races today are too easy. He made it look like he was going to keel over.......

and in the pitlane there was a shot of Vettel pushing his car back towards the FIA compound... by himself.
    Thought that was pretty funny.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Chewed up and spat out by who ?
    He would get rocked by:

Fangio
    Lauda
    G. Villeneuve
    Prost
    Senna
    Schumacher
    and I daresay, Alonso

Hamilton had his hands full with him, Button, and Rosberg.

Disappointed Since 2010

F1 is a circus and Lewis Hamilton is the ring leader.I have said this before he would not survive the past formula 1 format he is to soft in the middle and a system in place currently that protects mercedes Benz and Lewis Hamilton.Formula1 needs a real fair dincum shake up.

Ferrari & Ducati looking to drop the Mission Winnow logo campaign for the rest of 2019 due to the anti-tobacco push-back both teams are getting.
    No confirmation yet as PMI is their biggest sponsor.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari & Ducati looking to drop the Mission Winnow logo campaign for the rest of 2019 due to the anti-tobacco push-back both teams are getting.
    No confirmation yet as PMI is their biggest sponsor.
    Mission Winnow is a particularly silly title for a car that has yet to win this season, so the sooner that branding is deleted the better. The mission statement from Philip Morris was never clear to anyone, IMO, and horribly inappropriate for a team that is having such trouble getting a win and keeping it!

Unfortunately it's more like Mission Nowinn !

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He would get rocked by:

Fangio
    Lauda
    G. Villeneuve
    Prost
    Senna
    Schumacher
    and I daresay, Alonso

Hamilton had his hands full with him, Button, and Rosberg.
    Yes, and he was beaten by Rosberg!

I guess you feel that that word should now apply to Seb ; seeing how he is no where in the same vicinity as Lewis. I have to say when Seb went on waving his finger after a race and on the podiums when he was a winner @ R Bull that name fit him well. I'm sure you also remember very well the midget on the radio " Let Michael pass! " Bottas is allowed to try and beat Lewis , even in the same vicinity !
    That midget as you call him, helped building the team we all know and refer to as the dream team. We all know you have your issues with Reubens - another member of the same team, but truth being told, things were as they were, decisions were made and life went on.

And reality is, Michael was at a completely different level from all the drivers at that era. Reubens included.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Why Max ? He does not drive for the Scuderia.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Maybe so he can crash into Hamilton, that way we take da wins....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

FrenchGP 2019

BILD exclusive: Sebastian Vettel and girlfriend Hanna got married before the FrenchGP

(Seb was seen with a golden wedding ring today)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9hGyuzWkAI0lMI.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

FrenchGP 2019

BILD exclusive: Sebastian Vettel and girlfriend Hanna got married before the FrenchGP

Congrats to him...!!

FrenchGP 2019

wait, wait, wait......so he was living in SIN all this time???? not married, 2-3 kids......all this time i thought he was married to his significant other.....little do i know....guess i could have googled it.....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It's now Seb, Charles. Lewis is still Lewis. Max giving Lewis a fight could open the way for one of our drivers.

That midget as you call him, helped building the team we all know and refer to as the dream team. We all know you have your issues with Reubens - another member of the same team, but truth being told, things were as they were, decisions were made and life went on.

And reality is, Michael was at a completely different level from all the drivers at that era. Reubens included.
    And now it's Lewis at that level during this era. No help from a midjet holding the likes of Bottas back. The words "Dream Team" should include two drivers". Now; things are as they are. Who ever thought a driver would get so many poles? Bottas goes to a race believing the team will let him win if he can. That's what dreams are made of as far as a driver is concerned. No one at Ferrari is holding Seb back . How many Ferrari fans will be O K with Charles another member of the same team being Rubenied? Will it be OK , life goes on?
    Last edited by Brembo; 20th June 2019 at 20:16.

And now it's Lewis at that level during this era. No help from a midjet holding the likes of Bottas back. The words "Dream Team" should include two drivers". Now; things are as they are. Who ever thought a driver would get so many poles? Bottas goes to a race believing the team will let him win if he can. That's what dreams are made of as far as a driver is concerned. No one at Ferrari is holding Seb back . How many Ferrari fans will be O K with Charles another member of the same team being Rubenied? Will it be OK , life goes on?
    Unfortunately (but not unexpectedly) I have to disagree with you Brembo. I almost think that with the car that Mercs have been able to field in the last 4-5 years, it's almost diminished Hamilton as a driver. It's been too easy for him. Even Rosberg won a title (and then quit before it got too hard) with these Mercs. It's almost like Button in 2009, but for 5 years. I think Lewis would be looked on as a better driver if he had years in cars like the Ferrari's of 2015, 16, 17, 18 or even the Red Bulls. I would guess at least half the races Lewis has won in the last 5 years, he wasn't even racing.

Unfortunately (but not unexpectedly) I have to disagree with you Brembo. I almost think that with the car that Mercs have been able to field in the last 4-5 years, it's almost diminished Hamilton as a driver. It's been too easy for him. Even Rosberg won a title (and then quit before it got too hard) with these Mercs. It's almost like Button in 2009, but for 5 years. I think Lewis would be looked on as a better driver if he had years in cars like the Ferrari's of 2015, 16, 17, 18 or even the Red Bulls. I would guess at least half the races Lewis has won in the last 5 years, he wasn't even racing.
    The only somewhat racing he did at Merc was when Rosberg was there as he was NO #2 driver....now that he’s got his own butler, Bottas, he no longer has a challenge from Merc, that’s why ferrari have to build a faster car so he can actually do some real driving....if he can remember how to do it.....lol

O K , it's the car! I just think Lewis also drives great. Seb is a perfect example of what is said by most everyone about Lewis. He came from a top car ,team, looking unbeatable. Take away the car and look what we wind up with! I just hope it isn't going to be R Bull Honda that catches up with Merc's car.

+1, but I still find it hard to accept that even after 5yrs, Ferrari haven't been able to build a car capable of challenging Merc, team orders and who is number 1 or 2 driver doesn't come into it! This argument is becoming tiresome.