Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    My apologies if i came across that i attacked somebody, i did not meant attack anyone but i can't stand the negativity and constant bashing of any driver.
    There’s no such negativity. It’s just blows out of the context.
    Also never under-rated your fav driver. But it’s just my opinion which I shared, as you are entitled to share urs.
    To me Ham is never into legend category unless he delivers the same against strong opponent car.

Lewis trash Michael????

Which Michael are we talking about? The one that was 4 seconds of a lap faster in the rain in Spain and got 3 wins out of that garbage 1996 Ferrari? The one that beat Senna when he finally got an average car in 1994? The Michael that would be nowhere in qualifying yet still somehow win the race?

Michael Schumacher is a legend. Lewis Hamilton is a taxi driver.

Senna , Schumy were the greatest of their era. Now it's the 2019 F-1 era . What else can Lewis do to secure the top driver spot? Races and poles , he's on top. And he's merely a "Taxi Driver!' I just wish one of the top drivers would retire with Ferrari. Merc having that privilege is nerve racking. Charles @ 21yrs. old is a sure hope for the big time.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1011463]Senna , Schumy were the greatest of their era. Now it's the 2019 F-1 era . What else can Lewis do to secure the top driver spot? Races and poles , he's on top. And he's merely a "Taxi Driver!' I just wish one of the top drivers would retire with Ferrari. Merc having that privilege is nerve racking. Charles @ 21yrs. old is a sure hope for the big time.[/QUOTE]

...yeah, a sure hope if ferrari give him a top car that can fight for wins at every race otherwise he'll be another Alonso wasting his years NOT achieving anything.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Tbh, I haven't seen you say a good word about any driver except Hamilton. Sorry but if there's any bashing being done it's by you - you come onto a forum for Ferrari supporters, slate Alonso and Vettel and then proceed to tell everyone how Hamilton would have trashed Schumacher. Nice try but it doesn't wash on here.
    I think he is another incarnation of the troll who was banned, what was his nickname .... FormulaFun, FormulaFan, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Lewis trash Michael????

Which Michael are we talking about? The one that was 4 seconds of a lap faster in the rain in Spain and got 3 wins out of that garbage 1996 Ferrari? The one that beat Senna when he finally got an average car in 1994? The Michael that would be nowhere in qualifying yet still somehow win the race?

I meant the Michael that got beaten three years in a row by Rosberg.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There’s no such negativity. It’s just blows out of the context.
    Also never under-rated your fav driver. But it’s just my opinion which I shared, as you are entitled to share urs.
    To me Ham is never into legend category unless he delivers the same against strong opponent car.
    That's exactly what he did in 2007 and 2008, 2010 etc. And Alonso got trashed by Trulli in 2004 so bad that Flavio booted Trulli from the team, but somehow Alonso is a legend, but i respect your opinion mate.

That's exactly what he did in 2007 and 2008, 2010 etc. And Alonso got trashed by Trulli in 2004 so bad that Flavio booted Trulli from the team, but somehow Alonso is a legend, but i respect your opinion mate.
    lol you keep on making new accounts after getting banned, don't you get tired saying the same things infinite times, Folky?

Sig material .. lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Senna , Schumy were the greatest of their era. Now it's the 2019 F-1 era . What else can Lewis do to secure the top driver spot? Races and poles , he's on top. And he's merely a "Taxi Driver!' I just wish one of the top drivers would retire with Ferrari. Merc having that privilege is nerve racking. Charles @ 21yrs. old is a sure hope for the big time.
    I will tell you what he can do.
    He can drive a less than perfect car that has been the by product of a collusion between fia - mercedes and Pirelli.
    Not only that, he can actually stop whining every single race.

I can go on, how bout it?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I meant the Michael that got beaten three years in a row by Rosberg.
    At his 40s, when he was back not to get a championship, but rather to help Mercedes to build a team. He had nothing to prove to anyone, everyone knew he was the GOAT.
    But hey, whatever helps you feel better;)

Formula 1 has a big problem on their hands. It's declining in popularity. TV viewership is down, as is fan attendance at races. The sponsorships will start to notice this.

F1 Crashes To Lowest TV Audience Of The Year On Britain’s Channel 4
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2.../#57f57d8c5523

Channel 4 is not live, probably why gets less viewers.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    At his 40s, when he was back not to get a championship, but rather to help Mercedes to build a team. He had nothing to prove to anyone, everyone knew he was the GOAT.
    But hey, whatever helps you feel better;)
    Schumacher himself never said age was a problem and he felt fit, i forgot where he said it though and Schumacher had little to zero input in the Mercedes. Schumacher did no simulation work cause it made him seasick, so please explain what his input was.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    Formula 1 has a big problem on their hands. It's declining in popularity. TV viewership is down, as is fan attendance at races. The sponsorships will start to notice this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2.../#57f57d8c5523
    To be honest, F1 should stay in European hands and not Americans. F1 is a European sport with it's roots in the UK, close racing is what we need, which means we need 2006/2007/2008 type of cars. The cars are way too long now, way too much gizmo's on it. DRS needs to be dropped ASAP, get rid of these V6 turbo's and bring back V8 at least, ditch Pirelli and bring back Bridgestone and my list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

Maybe I must finally change my sig :D.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Schumacher himself never said age was a problem and he felt fit, i forgot where he said it though and Schumacher had little to zero input in the Mercedes. Schumacher did no simulation work cause it made him seasick, so please explain what his input was.
    So cause he never liked the simulator then he had zero input? hahaha really not like he has years and years of driving experience to give the team input...are you just trolling now?
    Forza Ferrari

You are not serious, right?!

Then he obviously didn't do 'simulation work' in Benetton and Ferrari either, except drive the car on an actual circuit and give his input!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So cause he never liked the simulator then he had zero input? hahaha really not like he has years and years of driving experience to give the team input...are you just trolling now?
    You know there was barely on track testing like in Schumacher's days right ?
    I ain't got no time for trolling mate

You know there was barely on track testing like in Schumacher's days right ?
    I ain't got no time for trolling mate
    But he drove the car plenty and had no feedback to give them? none at all? Zero input? Either your trolling or just stupid.

Will leave this here also...

Brawn “Michael’s work ethic, discipline and application just won everyone over. It raised the standard of the team in knowing what they could or should be doing. I think I had an impact but Michael had just as much, even more impact on the team when he came and worked there. “Andrew Shovlin said to me, especially when they won their first world championship and I was talking to him about it, he said Michael had an awful lot to do with us winning this world championship.”

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff described Schumacher as “one of the founding fathers of the success we have had in the last five years.” “There is no other driver like him and his vast experience contributed tremendously in the development of our team,” Wolff added. “He played a crucial role when we rejoined F1 and was one of the people who laid the foundation for our future success. We’re extremely grateful for everything he did for us.”
    Forza Ferrari

Really, with the car Lewis has, there really isn't a lot he can do to lose a race. The only years he really earned his titles were 2008, 2018. every other one was a Merc walk over. Said it before, but it's hard to call him the best when it's so easy for him. I'd love to see him in a Red Bull or a Ferrari and see how he does. That would either make or break him.... but it's really what he needs to cement his status as one of the best. If he retires with a car as dominant as this year's Merc, there will be so many questions about his true ability.

Sounds right to me. But he's at least as good as anyone else lets say 2018 and this season so far. Except for maybe Max ! I'm just joking.

This season Mercs has dominant car, how can he be termed as the best
    Even bottas won couple of races, is he the best

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Really, with the car Lewis has, there really isn't a lot he can do to lose a race. The only years he really earned his titles were 2008, 2018. every other one was a Merc walk over. Said it before, but it's hard to call him the best when it's so easy for him. I'd love to see him in a Red Bull or a Ferrari and see how he does. That would either make or break him.... but it's really what he needs to cement his status as one of the best. If he retires with a car as dominant as this year's Merc, there will be so many questions about his true ability.
    Well said, and he only just won in 2008 which as far as I'm concerned was Felipe's championship.

This season Mercs has dominant car, how can he be termed as the best
    Even bottas won couple of races, is he the best
    Your always bragging about how great the Merc is and how dominant a team they are. I for one think Ferrari also is up there and soon a few races will come there way. You liking Bottas over Charles is no way accurate. Charles is on the money with what he has to drive.

Brawn “Michael’s work ethic, discipline and application just won everyone over. It raised the standard of the team in knowing what they could or should be doing. I think I had an impact but Michael had just as much, even more impact on the team when he came and worked there. “Andrew Shovlin said to me, especially when they won their first world championship and I was talking to him about it, he said Michael had an awful lot to do with us winning this world championship.”

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff described Schumacher as “one of the founding fathers of the success we have had in the last five years.” “There is no other driver like him and his vast experience contributed tremendously in the development of our team,” Wolff added. “He played a crucial role when we rejoined F1 and was one of the people who laid the foundation for our future success. We’re extremely grateful for everything he did for us.”
    Never happened, Louisa Fortuna knows best !

Your always bragging about how great the Merc is and how dominant a team they are. I for one think Ferrari also is up there and soon a few races will come there way. You liking Bottas over Charles is no way accurate. Charles is on the money with what he has to drive.
    Nowhere I compared Charles to bottas.
    If Charles was in mercs car, Ham would have been crying by now.

Nowhere I compared Charles to bottas.
    If Charles was in mercs car, Ham would have been crying by now.
    what about alonso?? i think he would have given Hammy a run for his money also.....
    maybe next year ALO will come to Ferrari to join Charles....those are the latest rumors
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

How could anyone compare Michael to Hamilton.

Michael was a kind gentleman. A man who helped us win 5 Drivers and Team cups. A man who everyone around the world loved. Only the British and their press didn't like him. Men wanted to be him. Girls wanted to be with him. He was the only sportsman who could you believe the impossible. Until Seb of course.