Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    How could anyone compare Michael to Hamilton.

Michael was a kind gentleman. A man who helped us win 5 Drivers and Team cups. A man who everyone around the world loved. Only the British and their press didn't like him. Men wanted to be him. Girls wanted to be with him. He was the only sportsman who could you believe the impossible. Until Seb of course.
    i;m sorry to say it, but Seb along with hamilton ONLY won all those championships because they were and are driving ROCKETSHIPS for Formula one cars.....heck, even if you put Sroll in that Mercedes he'll win races and championships....

but Michael on the other hand had to FIGHT for all those WDC's, ecpecially the TWO with Benetton.....those years the williams and Mclaren both had the faster cars on numerous occasions, but it was Michael racing craft and teams's strategies that won him those TWO WDC's.....

so yeah, please dont' compare Vet to Michael....adrian Newey gave him a rocket ship and he won all those FOUR wdc's
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

If a F2 test driver and rookie can set fastest lap time while testing then even Gasly could give lil lewis a run for his money.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i;m sorry to say it, but Seb along with hamilton ONLY won all those championships because they were and are driving ROCKETSHIPS for Formula one cars.....heck, even if you put Sroll in that Mercedes he'll win races and championships....

but Michael on the other hand had to FIGHT for all those WDC's, ecpecially the TWO with Benetton.....those years the williams and Mclaren both had the faster cars on numerous occasions, but it was Michael racing craft and teams's strategies that won him those TWO WDC's.....

so yeah, please dont' compare Vet to Michael....adrian Newey gave him a rocket ship and he won all those FOUR wdc's
    Same goes with Ham.
    Just give me a race where he won a GP with mid team??? Or slower car.

If Merc Rubenied Bottas this season only, Lewis would have won every race and prob every pole. Give Ferrari a little credit, those Schumy wins @ Ferrari were with a decent car, not a bomb. The tech, folks and pit crew had something to do with the success. Schumy, Seb and...Lewis all needed and still need a car to win. Charles almost won , but for his car not doing it. His driving to that point had something to do with being up and ready for the win. Even in Lewis case, what if he sneezed at the wrong time or fell asleep during a race, the car would not drive itself! Why isn't Bottas winning more races and poles?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    More stuff to come when he claims 6th WDC title.

I don't really understand how anyone can dislike Lewis Hamilton that much.

There was a time when I felt he was a ungrateful brat (when he cut contact with his father for a year and his father gave up so much for him). But that's the past and they have reconciled.

There was also a time when he and Massa kept on crashing into each other (not unlike the Vettel we see today) and I believe those bad times made him a better driver.

Fast forward to Lewis Hamilton dominating the V6 era. He joined Mercedes when it was only a midfield team so is it his fault that he wins the titles by having a car that is fastest than other team's and he happens to drive consistently better than his teammates?

I can't say for sure whether Lewis or Michael is a better driver, it is difficult to compare drivers from different generations. But Michael is a very private person, to the point that his public appearance appears "fake", and this is not a fault of his, but a lifestyle that he adopts which gives a distant vibe to his fans. In contract, Lewis shows a lot more emotions as a person and is quite relatable (check out his interview with Letterman on Netflix).

It is a bit ridiculous to belittle his achievements; and if he has broken so many records (and will likely continue to break more records), he really may be the best ever.

Michael will always be my greatest ever no matter what the record shows, Lewis is without doubt talented he turns up and wins and can battle as well. But for me he has never had races where he wins that is totally unexpected like Michael could do.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Michael will always be my greatest ever no matter what the record shows, Lewis is without doubt talented he turns up and wins and can battle as well. But for me he has never had races where he wins that is totally unexpected like Michael could do.
    Michael used to walk on water. I never used to believe in miracles until I watched Hungary 1998.

They are so far up each others backsides its not even funny...

Silverstone 2008 was a supreme piece of driving as was the German GP that year.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Silverstone 2008 was a supreme piece of driving as was the German GP that year.
    Was it? in the best car up against only Heikki who got out the way for him? It's hardly a Spain 96 or Monaco 97

Rubens probably had a better race than Lewis at Silverstone 08....16th to 3rd.
    Forza Ferrari

Don't forget Monza 2008. Vettel won in a Minardi that day.

Torro rosso ...

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    I don't really understand how anyone can dislike Lewis Hamilton that much.

There was a time when I felt he was a ungrateful brat (when he cut contact with his father for a year and his father gave up so much for him). But that's the past and they have reconciled.

There was also a time when he and Massa kept on crashing into each other (not unlike the Vettel we see today) and I believe those bad times made him a better driver.

Fast forward to Lewis Hamilton dominating the V6 era. He joined Mercedes when it was only a midfield team so is it his fault that he wins the titles by having a car that is fastest than other team's and he happens to drive consistently better than his teammates?

I can't say for sure whether Lewis or Michael is a better driver, it is difficult to compare drivers from different generations. But Michael is a very private person, to the point that his public appearance appears "fake", and this is not a fault of his, but a lifestyle that he adopts which gives a distant vibe to his fans. In contract, Lewis shows a lot more emotions as a person and is quite relatable (check out his interview with Letterman on Netflix).

It is a bit ridiculous to belittle his achievements; and if he has broken so many records (and will likely continue to break more records), he really may be the best ever.
    Lewis joined Mercedes fully aware that the car he would be driving would not be a mid field car. Good for him but we really don't need to buy into the myth.
    And also the mere fact the whole system is pushing him into being the replacement of Michael Schumacher, makes people that understand 2 bit of F1 dislike him as well as those who try to do this.

Simple enough?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Michael used to walk on water. I never used to believe in miracles until I watched Hungary 1998.
    Or Spain 1996.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Was it? in the best car up against only Heikki who got out the way for him? It's hardly a Spain 96 or Monaco 97

Rubens probably had a better race than Lewis at Silverstone 08....16th to 3rd.
    Really, almost lapping the entire field? I think Ferrari was better that year but Massa was too busy spinning around at silverstone.
    Heikki never got out the way of him at silverstone, he barged past, unless you are onabout Germany? So he didn't hold up his team mate that was going about 1 second a lap faster? The same lewis who won the race but Heikki only came 4th

Albeit a great race for him, the car was perfectly set up for that race.

Now go check Michael driving at Spain at 1996, that race is beyond epic. Shocking really.

https://archive.org/details/overtake...ish.Grand.Prix

As mentioned, it was a Torro Rosso
    Plus Bourdais came 4th, so it was a good car for the conditions.

Really, almost lapping the entire field? I think Ferrari was better that year but Massa was too busy spinning around at silverstone.
    Heikki never got out the way of him at silverstone, he barged past, unless you are onabout Germany? So he didn't hold up his team mate that was going about 1 second a lap faster? The same lewis who won the race but Heikki only came 4th
    Ferrari was not better in the wet that's for sure, Silverstone was not really a hard worked win against better cars, same for Germany he started on pole hardly unexpected win plus I am sure he was helped a bit by SC and Heikki moving over for him hardly supreme. In the post above you dismiss Monza 08 because team mate came 4th, yet in your 2 picks for Lewis then Heikki was 5th lol
    Forza Ferrari

As mentioned, it was a Torro Rosso
    Plus Bourdais came 4th, so it was a good car for the conditions.
    Because of Vettel's development work. He turned a lower field car into upper field car. Always happens when he goes to teams.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Now go check Michael driving at Spain at 1996, that race is beyond epic. Shocking really.

I was never a believer in miracles until I saw Schumacher's driving at Spain 1996 and Hungary 1998. But Vettel has also done the impossible many times.

We are so lucky to have had the two best drivers ever driving for our great team. There are only three real greats in F1. Enzo, Michael and Sebastian.

I was there that day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

That race is for the history books!!!

That race is for the history books!!!
    Legendary race but impossible today because of security " rules ".
    F1 is dead.

Because of Vettel's development work. He turned a lower field car into upper field car. Always happens when he goes to teams.
    Mate, with respect: you surely do not believe everything you have posted on here thus far? Are you putting forth your honest thoughts or are you attempting to be overly facetious?

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Mate, with respect: you surely do not believe everything you have posted on here thus far? Are you putting forth your honest thoughts or are you attempting to be overly facetious?
    he's just a TROLL mate....don't even read his posts, he's just in LOVE with Seb.....end of story
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Vettle , in 2019 developed a top field car, Ferrari into a lowwwwer field car.. If it's him as you say that's the guy developing the car. I believe you. He's developed the car and his driving skills as of lately to the point where all R Bull, Merc and all other team fans are overjoyed! Thank goodness we have a self developed Charles. There's at least hope for podiums with Charles as #1 driver while Seb is busy developing!

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Marko said that Ferrari's engine was helped by Vettel. He's the best development driver. We don't win because Mercedes have Pirelli in their backpocket. If F1 had a neutral tyre supplier and an impartial FIA, we would win the WDC every time. We have the best team. We have the best driver.