Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

WHAT F1 NEEDS TO DO TO BECOME MORE EXCITING | NICO ROSBERG | UNCUT

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    I don't really understand how anyone can dislike Lewis Hamilton that much.

There was a time when I felt he was a ungrateful brat (when he cut contact with his father for a year and his father gave up so much for him). But that's the past and they have reconciled.

There was also a time when he and Massa kept on crashing into each other (not unlike the Vettel we see today) and I believe those bad times made him a better driver.

Fast forward to Lewis Hamilton dominating the V6 era. He joined Mercedes when it was only a midfield team so is it his fault that he wins the titles by having a car that is fastest than other team's and he happens to drive consistently better than his teammates?

I can't say for sure whether Lewis or Michael is a better driver, it is difficult to compare drivers from different generations. But Michael is a very private person, to the point that his public appearance appears "fake", and this is not a fault of his, but a lifestyle that he adopts which gives a distant vibe to his fans. In contract, Lewis shows a lot more emotions as a person and is quite relatable (check out his interview with Letterman on Netflix).

It is a bit ridiculous to belittle his achievements; and if he has broken so many records (and will likely continue to break more records), he really may be the best ever.
    This, and i will go a step further. TBH I think it's racially motivated, the amount of hate and bias he gets for barely anything is mind boggling, it doesn't even makes sense. I make no secret of it, i really hope he drives for us cause i feel he is what we need. Alonso failed, Vettel failed and i believe Lewis will make us champion

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Was it? in the best car up against only Heikki who got out the way for him? It's hardly a Spain 96 or Monaco 97

Rubens probably had a better race than Lewis at Silverstone 08....16th to 3rd.
    As if Schumacher ever had a strong teammate.. Heikki was not the crop of the top but at least Hamilton's teammates where allowed to race him unlike Schumacher.

[QUOTE=aroutis;1011597]
    Lewis joined Mercedes fully aware that the car he would be driving would not be a mid field car. Good for him but we really don't need to buy into the myth.
    And also the mere fact the whole system is pushing him into being the replacement of Michael Schumacher, makes people that understand 2 bit of F1 dislike him as well as those who try to do this.

Simple enough?
    That doesn't even make sense mate. He made a gamble, he got bashed by media pundits and some drivers and the Hamilton haters, now that their car is very good we get people like saying he knew it was coming ? don't be like that mate.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Really, almost lapping the entire field? I think Ferrari was better that year but Massa was too busy spinning around at silverstone.
    Heikki never got out the way of him at silverstone, he barged past, unless you are onabout Germany? So he didn't hold up his team mate that was going about 1 second a lap faster? The same lewis who won the race but Heikki only came 4th
    Agreed.

Does Lewis not have his own forum?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    As if Schumacher ever had a strong teammate.. Heikki was not the crop of the top but at least Hamilton's teammates where allowed to race him unlike Schumacher.
    Again and again posting the same thing, Folky? How many times the rest of the world has to tell you that Hamilton's teammates are not allowed to race him, look at Baku 2017, he even asked on radio to slow down Bottas so he can get closer to Vettel in front. They should replace the meaning of the word "sacrifice" to "Hamilton's teammates".

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Again and again posting the same thing, Folky? How many times the rest of the world has to tell you that Hamilton's teammates are not allowed to race him, look at Baku 2017, he even asked on radio to slow down Bottas so he can get closer to Vettel in front. They should replace the meaning of the word "sacrifice" to "Hamilton's teammates".
    Here comes Vettel's saviour. Who's Folky ? what about Vettel on Webber saying ''Get him out the way!!'' ? - If teammates are not allowed to race him do you seriously think Nico would have won the WDC in 2016 ? You and Nani SMH

This, and i will go a step further. TBH I think it's racially motivated, the amount of hate and bias he gets for barely anything is mind boggling, it doesn't even makes sense. I make no secret of it, i really hope he drives for us cause i feel he is what we need. Alonso failed, Vettel failed and i believe Lewis will make us champion
    As Greig mentioned, there are surely Hamilton fan forums out there. This isn't one of them.

In regards to people outside of the UK not liking Hamilton, it's his fake and increasingly arrogant attitude which grates people. Most F1 fans simply do not like him.

Also, as mentioned before, he's the weakest champion in decades, in arguably the weakest era of F1.
    Last edited by JPZ; 28th June 2019 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    As Greig mentioned, there are surely Hamilton fan forums out there. This isn't one of them.

In regards to people outside of the UK not liking Hamilton, it's his fake and increasingly arrogant attitude which grates people. Most F1 fans simply do not like him.

Also, as mentioned before, he's the weakest champion in decades, in arguably the weakest era of F1.

[QUOTE=Louisa Fortuna;1011702]
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

That doesn't even make sense mate. He made a gamble, he got bashed by media pundits and some drivers and the Hamilton haters, now that their car is very good we get people like saying he knew it was coming ? don't be like that mate.
    Doubt it was much of a gamble when he went to Mercs. More like they knew they would have best engine due to forcing through their engine demands.
    And don't think it's a racial thing at all, more of an attitude thing. But we all hated Vettel when he was wagging his finger out of a Red Bull, so maybe if he joins Ferrari, we'll like him too.

Here comes Vettel's saviour. Who's Folky ? what about Vettel on Webber saying ''Get him out the way!!'' ? - If teammates are not allowed to race him do you seriously think Nico would have won the WDC in 2016 ? You and Nani SMH
    You are dragging me into this conversation. Just wanted to be calm, u r not letting me to be like that.
    Anyways coming to your point..!!

Why do lewis hate nico ??? as simple as that. You would get ur answer.

Why Lewis wanted bottas & rated him high all over his team-mates .

Another last question, did Lewis win a race in a slower car or midfield car or drive for small team & came out on top??

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    You are dragging me into this conversation. Just wanted to be calm, u r not letting me to be like that.
    Anyways coming to your point..!!

Why do lewis hate nico ??? as simple as that. You would get ur answer.

Why Lewis wanted bottas & rated him high all over his team-mates .

Another last question, did Lewis win a race in a slower car or midfield car or drive for small team & came out on top??
    I don't hate any driver. Why did Vettel wanted kimi to stay ?
    Last edited by Louisa Fortuna; 28th June 2019 at 16:26.

[QUOTE=Silent Bob;1011717]

Doubt it was much of a gamble when he went to Mercs. More like they knew they would have best engine due to forcing through their engine demands.
    And don't think it's a racial thing at all, more of an attitude thing. But we all hated Vettel when he was wagging his finger out of a Red Bull, so maybe if he joins Ferrari, we'll like him too.
    I did not hate on Vettel, i really was not bothered about his fingering, anybody remembering Alonso's pathetic bird dance at Renault ? i am not that type to hate on anybody TBH

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

Well Ferrari is my team so or is there a qualification that says you can't like Lewis and be a Ferrari supporter ?

[QUOTE=Louisa Fortuna;1011720]
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post

i am not that type to hate on anybody TBH
    I think there is some misunderstanding here between hate and dislike.
    I dislike Lewis but I don't hate him (that's too strong) and tbh even if he was with us I would still dislike him. I find him arrogant and full of himself. He has to stand out and be different but he doesn't seem to have any friends among the drivers!!!!!
    If something happens during his race I rarely hear him blame himself and recently when it was so obvious he was at fault his words were "it was an innocent mistake"......no driver makes a mistake on purpose so they are all innocent Lewis!!!!
    Man up Lewis and maybe more people would respect you.

Forza Jules

Well Ferrari is my team so or is there a qualification that says you can't like Lewis and be a Ferrari supporter ?
    Ferrari fan that comes here to bash Vettel, Schumacher and Alonso while telling us we should all love Lewis and make wild racist accusations...

You must think we have never seen a troll before here? Seriously I don't have a problem with a Lewis fan being here but don't try and pretend otherwise.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari fan that comes here to bash Vettel, Schumacher and Alonso while telling us we should all love Lewis and make wild racist accusations...

You must think we have never seen a troll before here? Seriously I don't have a problem with a Lewis fan being here but don't try and pretend otherwise.
    I don't bash Vettel or Schumacher mate but when i read bias i simply respond on it, having a discussion is always good, that's what forums are for :)

How could any Ferrari fan bash Michael and Sebastian. No two drivers have given their heart and soul to the scuderia like those two. Vettel has won us many race winners cups against a dominant Mercedes car. Michael won us the world cup 5 times. 3 times without the best car. Both developed our engines and chassis.

We are a team. I appreciate all contributions to our great team. But special praise should go to the two German drivers.

You 2 above are obviously a double team, ain't fooling anyone kids.
    Forza Ferrari

I don't think for a minute that any true F1 fan would site the racial issue as a reason for disliking Hamilton, that's certainly not why I find him so unappealing. I don't like his image because I'm a boring old **** and I just find his constant whingeing in the cockpit and his magnanimous praise for his team and fans somewhat pretentious. And he keeps beating our boys by having the best car and most luck in living memory. He is a great driver but I'll ignore that for my own sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    WHAT F1 NEEDS TO DO TO BECOME MORE EXCITING | NICO ROSBERG | UNCUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_mvlCFYhNA
    I don't usually like the comments that Nico comes out with but there is a lot of good stuff here. Maybe the only way to save our sport.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Lewis , Merc with all their current success should be more like Ferrari when Schumy " Had The Car!" Rubens was allowed to race , never held back. No 'Let Him Pass! " 2002 Austria forever a F-1 disgrace! Also while on the subject, Lewis is liked here if you compare how he's talked about with the 99.09 % of the Ferrari fans here that hated with passion the word Rubens Twobens, the moaner, on and on. Rubens got paid to drive, what else did he want? Oh that .01% was me , the only fan he had here. Remember Rubens drove for "Ferrari " !! And was Most hated driver here all the years he drove Ferrari. At least one can say Lewis drives for Merc; not Ferrari. Ahhh, I feel better !

You 2 above are obviously a double team, ain't fooling anyone kids.
    I think they are the same person with 2 different user ids.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Alfa Romeo F1 technical boss Resta to leave and rejoin Ferrari

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...rejoin-ferrari
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I think the most hated driver is Sebastian Vettel and one side the British media since, he is the arch rival for Hamilton and even in this forum most of them wants him to retire.Did everyone remember the way Alonso abandoned us and we finished 4th in WCC and Vettel joined in 2015 and won us 5 GP's.I haven't seen such hate towards Hamilton when constantly pushes massa in 2011 or Verstappen when he constantly collides with Ferrari's not so long ago.

Everybody has downcycle in their life.We as a family should support our own.I think Vettel never complained about the team when he was provided with inferior machinery or pit strategy and never forgot to apologise the team when he made the mistake.Where was Hamilton between 2009 to 2013.he won 13 GP's in that period.But, between 2014 to 2019 British GP he won 58 GP's.It clearly shows he is in superior machinery.So, don't portray him as a super human like that of British media and sky.

Quote Originally Posted by f150italia View Post
    I think the most hated driver is Sebastian Vettel and one side the British media since, he is the arch rival for Hamilton and even in this forum most of them wants him to retire.Did everyone remember the way Alonso abandoned us and we finished 4th in WCC and Vettel joined in 2015 and won us 5 GP's.I haven't seen such hate towards Hamilton when constantly pushes massa in 2011 or Verstappen when he constantly collides with Ferrari's not so long ago.
    Ferrari dictionary : Hatred means Verstappen. Anyway now it's Seb colliding with Max ! The last thing both Seb and Ferrari needed was last place. Charles on the podium made it all great to watch. Correction! Charles not Vettel is Lewis' arch rival along with Max. Seb was great in his R Bull rocket no question. 4WDCs ! Lewis is terrible in his Merc, the car drives itself. Why hasn't Todt & FIA caught up to them?

After reading this I feel #blessed
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by f150italia View Post
    Everybody has downcycle in their life.We as a family should support our own.I think Vettel never complained about the team when he was provided with inferior machinery or pit strategy and never forgot to apologise the team when he made the mistake.Where was Hamilton between 2009 to 2013.he won 13 GP's in that period.But, between 2014 to 2019 British GP he won 58 GP's.It clearly shows he is in superior machinery.So, don't portray him as a super human like that of British media and sky.
    +1, it's good to know that despite Seb's disastrous downfall since the Spa win last year, there a some tifosi who think he can recover from this. I'm sure that the Italian media have given him an even harder time than the HAM-biased British media. I'm a massive Charles fan but we do have two drivers who both need our support against the Merc (and now Red Bull) steamrollers!