Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

W
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Hammy will wait until he gets hollow title #8 in the dominant car with a weak team mate and then ride off into the sunset. Then we'll never stop hear about him from the garagiste press for the rest of the century and how epic he was - conveniently missing out the years his team mates beat him fair and square...

There's no chance in hell he'd leave Mercedes before he won #8 and then he'd be too old anyway and would want to retire rather than try something new, not to mention he's an extremely unpopular driver with the vast majority of Tifosi except a certain Vettel-hater on here as well as someone repeatedly slagging off his own team even while winning so that's a non-starter.
    First and foremost I’d like to state that I’m NOT a Hammy fatness at all...but I have to disagree with you on the point you made that he got beat fair and square in 2016

He had more wins that year in comparison to Nico and won the last 4 races, he only missed on that WDC because of his engine blowing up in Malaysia which until that point was never heard of at Merc as they had an engine that was pretty much bulletproof

Again I’m glad tha hammy did not win in 2016 as he’d be closer to Michaels records which makes me cringe saying that it was mainly car that got him (Lewis) all these WDCs so far.....oh and also with the help from his buttler Bottas
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I think Alonso will be back at Ferrari and Vettel will either retire or go back to Red Bull by the end of this season.

What do you guys think?
    Hopefully
    Forza Ferrari

I'd take him if Alonso wants to do it, but I doubt he would.

I think Vettel is perhaps our most realistic long-term option if he wants to continue and neither Max nor Fernando (short-term) would be interested, so might as well ride the horse even though it's limping at the moment. We have Charles as our future #1 WDC contender regardless so if Vettel hangs in there and does a respectable job throughout his 30's then more power to him. Hamilton would also have made a lot more mistakes in a Ferrari the past two seasons, simply because the car lacked 0.2 seconds/lap in race pace all the time and Vettel started to overdrive and now he's basically gotten into a bad tailspin. He's not really a slower driver than Hamilton regardless, Mercedes' drivers are massively flattered by their equipment and I think we may well would've been worse off compared to them this season with a straight driver swap between the pairs. People need to calm down regarding Vettel and show him some support, even though he's not my first choice for 2021.

Remember this; top Ferrari driver by points:

1996 Schumacher
    1997 Schumacher
    1998 Schumacher
    1999 Irvine
    2000 Schumacher
    2001 Schumacher
    2002 Schumacher
    2003 Schumacher
    2004 Schumacher
    2005 Schumacher
    2006 Schumacher
    2007 Räikkönen
    2008 Massa
    2009 Räikkönen
    2010 Alonso
    2011 Alonso
    2012 Alonso
    2013 Alonso
    2014 Alonso
    2015 Vettel
    2016 Vettel
    2017 Vettel
    2018 Vettel

He's also won 13 + (1) races for us, compared to the one Kimi took during his five final years for us. So, people don't need to lose their heads and say vEtTeL iS a MiDfIeLd DrIvEr iS oCoN oN tHe mArKeT???? or something like that. Ferrari don't do short-term-ism on driver lineups and we shouldn't do it with him either. There clearly has to be something better available and right now there isn't.

People simply need to keep a reasonable faith in Vettel and accept that while he might have seen his best days, soon his paycheck will also reflect that if he does continue and he's still a major asset to the team either way you slice it. Given Kimi hung on a bit undeservedly in my opinion for three extra years based on name recognition, a little bit of trust and patience in Seb is the least we can do for him, even though he's less likely than Charles to bring the WDC back. Maybe one day, he could make the difference though in bringing a WCC home by simply being better than what the other big two have? Last season, had we had Leclerc instead of Kimi, the WCC might have been on!
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 24th July 2019 at 19:09.

Let Leclerc get his first win, finish his first season with Ferrari before we pass any judgements on WDC material. The kid does have talent but he has yet to prove that he has the mettle to fight it out (for WDC) over the course of the season. He is like Alonso in 2003-2004 - exciting, fast and hungry but not ready for the WDC.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Let Leclerc get his first win, finish his first season with Ferrari before we pass any judgements on WDC material. The kid does have talent but he has yet to prove that he has the mettle to fight it out (for WDC) over the course of the season. He is like Alonso in 2003-2004 - exciting, fast and hungry but not ready for the WDC.
    Which driver this season is WDC material so far and is able to fight for the &1 spot? Besides who's there already? The real question I believe, is Ferrari ready to let Charles use all his talent and prove he has the mettle to fight it out as the #1 driver? He's for sure already exciting and fast and hungry, but Ferrari unfortunately owes the other guy $50 million! I justhope hedosn't lose faith in Ferrari . Fans are comparing him @21 yrs old , 1st, yr. in his seat with a 4x WDC. He needs time and unfortunately Ferrari this season has the time to let him race and show all he's got to give for the future.

The SF90 just hasn't allowed our drivers to give it their best shot this year, it's been too tyre sensitive and doesn't have the necessary downforce, so even if we manage to lock out the front row, we all know that in race trim the drivers will have to overdrive to try and keep others behind and therefore the tyres will give up and we are on the back foot again. The car apparently doesn't suit Seb's style either, hence all the errors. Charles seems to be able to throw the car around with more confidence and ultimately the strategies used so far have failed to be realistic for that elusive win.

"Ferrari's Alessandro Cinelli moves to lead Alfa Romeo F1 aero team"

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...alfa-aero-team
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

According to this "Sky Italy Spy", there was a first meeting between Leclerc's representatives and Ferrari for a new contract (talks for a contract extension until the end of 2024). That includes a higher salary (currently he is around 3mio€)

Helmut Marko: "Yes, Toto had dinner with Jos yesterday. He can play his games. We are in a comfortable situation and if Toto has dinner with Jos, that's his business. But Max drives for us, not Jos."
    Helmut Marko revealed to Motorsport-Magazin that Verstappen's exit clause only lasts until this Sunday. The race in Hungary would have been the last chance to make use of the exit clause. That means Max will stay at RB for 2020.

For the time being car is nowhere near competing for any title. Ferrari needs to solve that "little" thing before any driver could compete for titles!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    For the time being car is nowhere near competing for any title. Ferrari needs to solve that "little" thing before any driver could compete for titles!
    Yeah...!! Give a strong car for these two drivers. Either of them will do the job.
    Ham will have his plate full from both sides (RB & ferrari drivers), he will be tentative then.

Mattia Binotto: "Simone Resta will join us on November 1 and he will be one of those pillars, and I believe that by then we will have completed our reorganisation."

Ferrari has confirmed that Simone Resta will rejoin the outfit in a senior technical role on November 1, helping complete the outfit's reorganisation under team principal Mattia Binotto.

Resta had been a long-serving chief designer at Ferrari before moving to Alfa Romeo as its technical director last year.

However, with Binotto looking to strengthen his organisation after taking over at the helm last winter, he has lured Resta back to take a major role in the management of the technical department. Resta's official job title has not yet been confirmed.

Speaking exclusively to Motorsport.com, Binotto said that he had been working hard on shuffling Ferrari's infrastructure to make sure he had the right support below him – and Resta was an important signing in helping this happen.

"What was important for me and the team was somehow trying myself to be supported in the role, so there are a few people that have been nominated and made responsible for the various areas – be it chassis, power unit and supply chain," explained Binotto.

"These people are the main pillars of our organisation and, with them, honestly I feel comfortable because they have become responsible for the technical departments.

"Simone Resta will join us on November 1 and he will be one of those pillars, and I believe that by then we will have completed our reorganisation."

While Binotto's promotion to become team principal has meant he is not as directly involved in the technical aspects any more, it is still one of his big focuses – especially in terms of longer term planning.

"I am still keeping, as it is my background, most of my focus on technical, but I am not involved in the day by day any more," added Binotto.

"Also, because 2021 is coming and we need to make sure we are prepared for the future, the guys are helping me looking at the medium and long term and not just in the day-by-day."
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Does not in the day by day mean not in 2019, 2020? Next race should be in the near future every race and plan for it. Does everyone in Ferrari take a pay cut while preping for the future 2021?

We need Aldo Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    We need Aldo Costa
    When did he leave?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    When did he leave?
    I'm guessing you know and that is a bit of sarcasm
    If not here is an extract from wiki
    Maybe he's on his way back to us.

On 20 July 2011, it was announced that Costa would leave Ferrari by mutual agreement. On 30 September 2011 news surfaced that he would be joining Mercedes as Engineering Director of the team.[6] Costa led the design of the 2013 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 W04 car under technical director Bob Bell.[7]

In 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 he was the designer/engineering director for the world championship winning Mercedes F1 W05 Hybrid, Mercedes F1 W06 Hybrid, Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid, Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ and Mercedes AMG F1 W09 EQ Power+ cars.

In July 2018 it was announced that Costa would step down from his role at the end of the season, and become an adviser. He cited a need to spend more time in his native Italy.[8]

Forza Jules

Gasly replaced at RB by Albon

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Gasly replaced at RB by Albon
    Lol weren't Horner and Marko both quoted saying no driver changes this year? The more RedBull deny something, the more true it is. Surprised Kvyat didn’t get the call up, he’s out scoring Albon.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

That should be 2nd in the WCC wrapped up for us then. Granted, I don't watch junior categories no more, but I didn't even know who that guy was one year ago and he's already been dumped by Red Bull before. In addition, Kvyat has been defeating him handily this season. I can't see him being any better than Gasly. In fact he may well even be worse.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 12th August 2019 at 15:09.

That should be 2nd in the WCC wrapped up for us then. Granted, I don't watch junior categories no more, but I didn't even know who that guy was one year ago and he's already been dumped by Red Bull before. In addition, Kvyat has been defeating him handily this season. I can't see him being any better than Gasly. In fact he may well even be worse.
    If you watched him last year, you'll know hes very good. He may not be as quick as some of the others over a single lap, but i think hes got much better race craft. The guy can really work a car. Think RBR did the right thing. Gasly has failed to shine.
    I had big hopes for gasly. Thought he would challenge Max. Lets hope am not wrong about Albon too.
    Silently, like a shadow

It's not just about being quick, it's also about how one can take the pressure of being in a top team. Kvyat failed on that point, time will tell what Albon can do

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Lol weren't Horner and Marko both quoted saying no driver changes this year? The more RedBull deny something, the more true it is. Surprised Kvyat didn’t get the call up, he’s out scoring Albon.
    It seems whatever R Bull and Merc deny or agree on , turns out not true. Unfortunately Ferrari not denying their problems such as down force and on and on is the truth. They have two great drivers in Seb, Charles, take your pick as to which is #1, #2, . It can't be the second 1/2 will not be their comeback time for 2019 !

Nothing we didn't already know, but....

https://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-...e-to-overtake/

“But we corrected that and at the last races we were almost on par with Mercedes. We have definitely overtaken Ferrari".
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Nothing we didn't already know, but....

https://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-...e-to-overtake/

“But we corrected that and at the last races we were almost on par with Mercedes. We have definitely overtaken Ferrari".
    That may appear to be true on a track like the Hungaroring, I hope to God we can show them a different Ferrari at Spa and Monza. I always said watch out for RB this year and it's been proved correct but Marko is talking his teams up big time and I hope he can be proved wrong.

we'll see who finishes 2nd in WCC. I think it's a no brainer that RB will win again in the 2nd half of the season. But if RB 'corrected their lack of downforce', then why can't Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we'll see who finishes 2nd in WCC. I think it's a no brainer that RB will win again in the 2nd half of the season. But if RB 'corrected their lack of downforce', then why can't Ferrari?
    It must all be to do with the flawed concept of the SF90's front wing and the associated aero benefits in a straight line, but circuits have corners and it is obviously too difficult to change the concept without a complete re-design. Ferrari should have known better, with hindsight!

Speculation is a fun game we can all put in our 10 cents worth of input.Ferrari will be way more competitive in the 2nd half of the year.Big win chances after summer break first 2 races.Keep the faith.��

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    RB car always starts with some different configuration. They consider as a base & will build their car to become more competitive. Also they are always good at developing the car. Which is quite opposite to our team.

All the R Bull wins and podiums, and even a pole shows they are on top of the car that they send out each race. All the rain, curves , straits and tight spots on the tracks are there for each car and driver. Getting the car right for sure is big, but I feel the driver has a lot to do with getting the car through it all; and him on the podium. Is the R Bull car sent out with secret super down force that Ferrari can't get right or does the R Bull driver have what it takes over Ferrari's drivers? And throw in Bottas. It was tires in the #1 spot; now it's down force that has Ferrari baffled . Anyway I want Charles the winner @ Monza !! All will be forgiven !!

Ferrari should have done the deal to give Red Bull their engines, which would have given Ferrari a two pronged attack at Mercedes. Now, we have effectively increased the efforts required to win the championships because Red bull are also now in full form.