Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Ferrari should have done the deal to give Red Bull their engines, which would have given Ferrari a two pronged attack at Mercedes. Now, we have effectively increased the efforts required to win the championships because Red bull are also now in full form.
    And then leaving Ferrari for Honda with alot of information about our Engine. Great idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    And then leaving Ferrari for Honda with alot of information about our Engine. Great idea..
    Ferrari haven't won a title in 11 years. I wouldn't mind RB winning something with a Ferrari engine, better than total Mercedes domination with no end in view.

In my opinion Ferrari have been guilty of making too many changes in their designers and technical team in recent years, losing that essential element of continuity and so development suffers. We lost Costa to Merc, then Allison, and only Red Bull has a Newey, Binotto may eventually prove to be a success but I am convinced that stability and direction have been lacking for several years. Honda engines are now taking the fight to Merc at our expense, although our engines are the best part of a flawed concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Ferrari haven't won a title in 11 years. I wouldn't mind RB winning something with a Ferrari engine, better than total Mercedes domination with no end in view.
    Ferrari has effectively a B and a C car. Make do.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

They need to change the formula.
    They would do it in a heartbeat if we were endlessly winning

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Ya. No kidding.
    Seems Mercs have been treated extraordinarily well the last few years.

They will change it once ferrari’s amd Schumis records are broken....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Ferrari has effectively a B and a C car. Make do.
    You're happy with that, fine.

Ferrari need to have more faith in their top people aka designers, engineers etc.
    Instead when things go badly they look for a scapegoat.......often the wrong decision. We are continually employing new people for key positions. Surely they should be the stable long term well respected staff who bring strength and continuity to the team.
    We don't see Merc or RB doing that although some of their staff jump ship or are head hunted!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    You're happy with that, fine.
    When you have an official Beta team and a third team that works with you, results are expected. You definitely do not need a client team that right now is beating you.

Work with the teams you have, make better use, get results. Build on them. Rinse, repeat.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

So true, this is something that has gone thru my mind more than once.

I know it is two years from now...
    https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...ar-wind-tunnel

Model looks good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I know it is two years from now...
    https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...ar-wind-tunnel

Model looks good to me...
    Seems it’s similar to 2019 cars at first look. Not an expert though to do detailed analysis.

Back to 2019, where there's Charles there's hope ! There's still 1/2 a 2019 season left for Ferrari to do some winning and podiums. Lewis, Max, Charles and Seb make F-1 still great racing for all to watch. Forget 2020, 2021 for now, there's still daylight shining in 2019! Honda is willing to take whatever penalties, to go with another new engine this season. They want that #1 spot big time! No waiting for next year.
    Last edited by Brembo; 23rd August 2019 at 23:17.

Plenty to play for 2nd half of the season.F1 is a funny sport a couple of dnfs from mercedes a few wins from other teams will spice it up big time.I expect the butler will make life difficult for Lewis no more Mr nice guy the butler knows he will probably be replaced at the end of the season he might as well go out in a blaze of glory and be remembered as a true fi driver or remain a man who polished Lewis Hamilton's shoes man up butler.

Very interesting post. Who do you think would be the replacement for Bottas?

It would appear that Ham is getting his way and Ocon is likely to replace Hulk at Renault. Apparently Toto doesn't want to have to deal with another Ham/Rosburg like camp and prefers the quiet life with Bot.
    Merc have not made a statement though

Forza Jules

Well said R Bradley ! Toto has to know Lewis want's Bottas with him. Bottas is right up there with the top drivers even if it's mostly his car and all it cost to keep him calm is a few poles going his way. If Lewis messes up a race Bottas is a sure possibility to get the flag. They look good to go for 2020. Driver wise so is Ferrari if they just let the boys race in peace, either one in the #1 spot will do the trick. The cars are still a mystery as far as getting them right.

2019 F1 news/rumours

On this day in 1997 at the Belgian GP Schumacher showed his supremacy both when it comes to strategy and driving skill. For those who want to relive this here is a link. The audio is broken up but the video speaks for itself.

https://youtu.be/stn5e1ZOQKk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great today! Have a spare car set up for the unexpected. Charles today might well have 2 wins!

Appears what Lewis wants Lewis gets.Mercedes do not want a driver that upsets the golden child or any who can stall his charge to breaking every f1 record on the planet.Bottas the butler is this non disruptive partner.Bottas has a lot of Hamilton's shoes that need polishing yet.

Well said. Be it the car or car & driver it sure looks like every record will belong to Lewis . At least no one can deny whatever Bottas does willingly or not all the time, the results are wins and records coming to an end. There is no doubt there at Merc who should be the #1, and who should be the#2 driver. Just look at how confusing it iis @ Ferrari. A rookie giving better results when allowed than the 4x WDC. And Seb is truly not to blame. Car wise Lewis gets what he needs and asks for. Lets hope the second 1/2 goes Ferrari's way with either driver winning a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lets hope the second 1/2 goes Ferrari's way with either driver winning a few.
    Great sentiments now let's hope they will come to pass.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It would appear that Ham is getting his way and Ocon is likely to replace Hulk at Renault. Apparently Toto doesn't want to have to deal with another Ham/Rosburg like camp and prefers the quiet life with Bot.
    Merc have not made a statement though
    OK the news is out, Bottas is staying . Both drivers are for sure happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    OK the news is out, Bottas is staying . Both drivers are for sure happy.
    The story, which I didn't quite believe at first was that Toto asked Ham who he would like as
    a team mate. Obvious I should think as Ocon for sure would make Ham's wins less safe.........memories of the boys in pink last season still make me smile. I guess when Seb was asked the same question he said kimi so ferrari went for Charles. If team boss I would do the same. Ham is always on about preferring a challenge well not in his own team I guess. I have nothing against Bottas and believe that given exactly same car and strategy he could beat ham any day of the week. I just wish he would get into Rosburg mode and give it his all.

Forza Jules

Rumors say that Ferrari will go in the direction of Red Bull's car philosophy for 2020. A shorter wheelbase and higher rake.

No where to really post this, thought everyone would like a laugh LOL

Maldonado "expected" to join Ferrari after 2013 talks

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...liams/4530975/

"“I was the only one, I was the new guy in F1,” Maldonado said in an interview with F1’s Beyond The Grid podcast.

It’s like [Max] Verstappen at the moment".
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

May be he is comparing only Crashes not the raw talent

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Rumors say that Ferrari will go in the direction of Red Bull's car philosophy for 2020. A shorter wheelbase and higher rake.
    So they will go 2017 car basically, same story every year, why they don't change car philosophy every month it would be way funnier

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    No where to really post this, thought everyone would like a laugh LOL

Maldonado "expected" to join Ferrari after 2013 talks

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...liams/4530975/

"“I was the only one, I was the new guy in F1,” Maldonado said in an interview with F1’s Beyond The Grid podcast.

It’s like [Max] Verstappen at the moment".