Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1219

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    yes. Entirely possible. No reason to think the customer team wont beat the works team.
    The local media from my country was speculating that it's possible for Merc team to pull out of F1 and Mclaren will become again their works team.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    The local media from my country was speculating that it's possible for Merc team to pull out of F1 and Mclaren will become again their works team.
    Someone mentioned it in one of our local groups too. But it would be surprising. They are rocking the joint. The have completely owned F1 since 2014. Its great mileage for them.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Someone mentioned it in one of our local groups too. But it would be surprising. They are rocking the joint. The have completely owned F1 since 2014. Its great mileage for them.
    Maybe, but is it really worth the money they spend? has it increased their sales? probably not and it's not even that great PR anymore I bet since its just become normal. They are not in F1 DNA like Ferrari and will leave sooner or later.
    Forza Ferrari

Maybe Merc is getting 50% off on thousands of Pirelli tires for their retailers?

Maybe Merc is getting 50% off on thousands of pirelli tires for their retailers?

#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "The big unknown will be the tyres again. The construction will change, likely so that it is easier to get in the tyre window for every team, which makes the Mercedes concept look bad. Their concept looked good when the tyre window was critical."

#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "The Mercedes concept (a lot of downforce) worked perfectly fine when the window was critical, because you only got into the working window with more downforce. If suddenly every team can get into the window easily, they have even more competition."

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe, but is it really worth the money they spend? has it increased their sales? probably not and it's not even that great PR anymore I bet since its just become normal. They are not in F1 DNA like Ferrari and will leave sooner or later.
    Well, they was around in the 1950s and in the present they being in none stop since 1993....

As far as down force and tires go it seems Max for one , then Lewis and Charles are doing what it takes to be a F-1 driver , winning and getting poles and podiums with what they got to drive with. It not the car that's not right, it's the driver who can't adjust to what he has to drive. How can one driver do it right and the others can't. The answer is in their abilities to adjust and show they belong in F-1. There are millions of reasons to be on top of the car and place big. OK team orders are no help as far as who's to win when the team gets in the way.

Wowww future star not even making it to podium with new engine.
    Father jos searching for another team already.
    From Ferrari needs max to searching for another team... greatest driver.

Very true new engine penalty had MAX 14th to 4th, SEB 3rd!! oh well to zero. Every race is about 1st. to 4th , untill it's over. MAX just couldn't let a penalty keep him out of the mix up front. And Ferrari has Seb !! If Ferrari wants to save a few $$ , get rid of the $50 million man and sell the seat to Stroll for $50 million.

Oh cry baby max need another engine ... give me more power else I’ll not drive
    Father jos is after another team for his son & $$

Ferrari seat for max if vetal pulls the pin.Would not surprise me one bit max swap with vetal. Joss will be the driving force behind this.This would be a lethal combination again no butlers just pure racing talent.I thing that managing them would be easier than managing the current situation at Ferrari.

[QUOTE=nani_s23;1019477]Oh cry baby Seb need another engine ... give me more power else I’ll not drive
    That's more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari seat for max if vetal pulls the pin.Would not surprise me one bit max swap with vetal. Joss will be the driving force behind this.This would be a lethal combination again no butlers just pure racing talent.I thing that managing them would be easier than managing the current situation at Ferrari.
    Not going to happen I think for many reasons.
    Max and Charles in the same car, might be a few crashes
    Not a good idea to have number 1 drivers in the same team, look at it now with Vettel.
    Jos stopped Max joining Merc cause Lewis was there, would he want him joining a Ferrari team now that Charles is settled in there.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Not going to happen I think for many reasons.
    Max and Charles in the same car, might be a few crashes
    Not a good idea to have number 1 drivers in the same team, look at it now with Vettel.
    Jos stopped Max joining Merc cause Lewis was there, would he want him joining a Ferrari team now that Charles is settled in there.
    Very well said. Weather teams admit it or not they have there 1,2 drivers, and unless the #1 driver can't get the points or wins or podiums , only then as is the case @ Ferrari should there be a switch or look for a relpacement willing to be in the #2 seat. Dan is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very well said. Weather teams admit it or not they have there 1,2 drivers, and unless the #1 driver can't get the points or wins or podiums , only then as is the case @ Ferrari should there be a switch or look for a relpacement willing to be in the #2 seat. Dan is a good example.
    They was discussing it on auto sport forum, the conclusion that they seemed to come to is that Max is now trapped, he has missed out teams wanting his services.

Ferrari no longer need him with Charles, and Lewis doesn’t look like he is retiring

They was discussing it on auto sport forum, the conclusion that they seemed to come to is that Max is now trapped, he has missed out teams wanting his services.
    Ferrari no longer need him with Charles, and Lewis doesn’t look like he is retiring
    That all makes sense, but R Bull doesn't look like such a bad for Max to be with. They seem to be on the cars and Max seems to be a treat when he actually qualifies somewhere up front. Him @ Williams would be more like being trapped !

Lewis will retire when and if he matches the great shumarkers 7 titles.After that he will retire and focus on many of the outside interests that he has music fashion etc .

Lewis will retire when and if he matches the great shumarkers 7 titles.After that he will retire and focus on many of the outside interests that he has music fashion etc .
    No, he will retire when he has 8 WDCs which will be at the end of 2021.

No he will not it will be out of respect for Michael.I believe that it's part of his beliefs etc etc but of course he has to get there first just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Not if Charles has anything to say about it....if ferrari have a strong car next year, Charles will play a big role into it...hopefully clinching his first wdc with ferrari

As for 2021, there will be drastic changes in F1 cars aero, so who knows which team will come on top....I’m hoping it would be us, but who knows
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Not if Charles has anything to say about it....if ferrari have a strong car next year, Charles will play a big role into it...hopefully clinching his first wdc with ferrari

As for 2021, there will be drastic changes in F1 cars aero, so who knows which team will come on top....I’m hoping it would be us, but who knows
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

He will not have 8 by then.
    Or 7
    Forza Ferrari!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

All the top F-1 drivers want to win Pole, WDCs as much as they can, the salaries are for sure reflected in their success. Up until say 38 yrs. old they can still fight. I'm sure part of why Michael came back was to break Senna's pole record, and he did ! There's no such think as being disrespectful in a driver trying to be the best he can. The cars are never going to be the same and the best every year or even for a whole season. Do it when you can ! Records are made to be broken. Ferrari has Charles ; young and showing great ability for sure. No one can deny he's in line to be one of the great ones !!

No he will not it will be out of respect for Michael.I believe that it's part of his beliefs etc etc but of course he has to get there first just my thoughts.
    He doesn’t respect anyone. He is out for his own glory.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

You see how many “IFs” that statement had? How many years have we said IF ONLY just to be disappointed. Even this year, just when we think things have turned a corner we get an MGU-K failure that not only costs us a 1-2 but leaves the lone Ferrari driver in 3rd after qualifying on Pole.

There have been many changes to the rules since the turbo V6 era started, none of them have done anything to slow down the Mercs. The 2021 rules won’t either. Based on the recent history of drastic aerodynamic changes, 2021 will be a battle between Merc and RBR with Ferrari leading the midfield.

You will see, Lewis will have his 8 titles and somehow I’m sure the FIA will assist.

Not Ferrari related, but pretty sad news

I can remember buying it as a teenage and early 20s

https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2...e-publication/

It goes the way of everything. I used to work on publishing the Yorkshire autotrader when it was hitting 400 pages, after I left it was still a shock to learn a few years later it was online only.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    All the top F-1 drivers want to win Pole, WDCs as much as they can, the salaries are for sure reflected in their success. Up until say 38 yrs. old they can still fight. I'm sure part of why Michael came back was to break Senna's pole record, and he did ! There's no such think as being disrespectful in a driver trying to be the best he can. The cars are never going to be the same and the best every year or even for a whole season. Do it when you can ! Records are made to be broken. Ferrari has Charles ; young and showing great ability for sure. No one can deny he's in line to be one of the great ones !!
    Michael had broken Senna's pole record at San Marino 2006 : https://youtu.be/VBjakKw3voQ
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Not Ferrari related, but pretty sad news

I can remember buying it as a teenage and early 20s

https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2...e-publication/

It goes the way of everything. I used to work on publishing the Yorkshire autotrader when it was hitting 400 pages, after I left it was still a shock to learn a few years later it was online only.
    We are all going the way of the dodo bird... best not to think about it...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Sadly true

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Renault leaving F1 after this season, is a new hot "news". If so Ric and Ocon are free..