Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I haven’t been here in a few months but thought I’d check in to see if there was any car related rumours/news. This thread is entirely arguing about whether seb is good or not. A total joke.

I almost exclusely go to F1 Technical at this point.

Wake up people. You’re destroying this forum. People don’t want to come here anymore. When this whole website is 2 petty people arguing amongst themselves about whether seb is good or not... you’ll be disappointed.

+1111

[QUOTE=nani_s23;997976]Yeah applies to all drivers .... I mean all engine crying drivers. Good, bad & ugly.[

What is an engine crying driver? Seb cried about everything if that's who you mean. Kimi left smiling, Charles happy in his new seat, Max happy coming in second only to Lewis 2nd half with points. Do you mean Dan going to Renault knowing he was down graded driver wise at R Bull?

[QUOTE=Brembo;997983]
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah applies to all drivers .... I mean all engine crying drivers. Good, bad & ugly.[

What is an engine crying driver? Seb cried about everything if that's who you mean. Kimi left smiling, Charles happy in his new seat, Max happy coming in second only to Lewis 2nd half with points. Do you mean Dan going to Renault knowing he was down graded driver wise at R Bull?
    You know my point & got that..
    But it seems like you are pushing it on other driver DR who never cried about engine. It’s opposite. of other RB driver.

We got the best two drivers currently and awesome jnr talent we dont need anyone else, lets hope the car comes together perfectly
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

[QUOTE=nani_s23;998000]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

You know my point & got that..
    But it seems like you are pushing it on other driver DR who never cried about engine. It’s opposite. of other RB driver.
    What other R Bull driver? Who got canned from R Bull? Crying about engine got R Bull to give up 12 yrs. with the same co. The team must really listen to want their current driver happy!! Crying over your engine or drinking from your shoe, which was the better choice? Dan goes from R Bull to R enault ! The other guy gets to stay with a new engine! I can only hope R Bull can keep Lewis out of 1st. place.
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th January 2019 at 03:31.

[QUOTE=Brembo;998016]
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sorry Brembo but I disagree.
    Dan goes from R Bull to Renault ! The other guy gets to stay with a new engine! I can only hope R Bull can keep Lewis out of 1st. place.
    His decision was a hard one to make which kinda sounds like he was treated like a doormat as Max had an Alonso type contract. Max is RBs golden boy so God help Pierre if he beats him in their first race together!!!!!!
    And I for one really hope Dan finds himself in a fairy-tale revolutionary Renault this year and smashes RB but of course cannot match the Ferrari.
    As for RB they are due an annus horribilis with their Honda Adrian Newey or not.
    Do I live in the real world??????? Questionable but I dream!!!!!

Forza Jules

Hello guys. You saw this?
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/formul...-again-report/

F1 doesn't meet Liberty's expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hello guys. You saw this?
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/formul...-again-report/

F1 doesn't meet Liberty's expectations?
    thanks, interesting read, i hope where ever F1 ends up doesn't give merc preference, French track is kinda new though, and all that talk about miami, but then we lost Malaysia hmmmm... also heard our car might have a diff name lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Does anyone really think honda will have a killer engine this year? I can't see it maybe one race then replace an engine if they run it wide open without failure. this leaves Merc and ferrari duking it out with max pestering them a few times during Qualiy.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    Does anyone really think honda will have a killer engine this year? I can't see it maybe one race then replace an engine if they run it wide open without failure. this leaves Merc and ferrari duking it out with max pestering them a few times during Qualiy.
    .....ha, ha....please, that is the funniest thing i've heard
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    .....ha, ha....please, that is the funniest thing i've heard
    Funny because you agree? or funny at what i said?

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    Funny because you agree? or funny at what i said?
    funny because what you said....how many engines did torro rosso go through last year?? quite a few...
    honda has a long way to go to match and catch up Ferrari and Merc in terms of reliability and power....NOT that it can't be done....Ferrari have done it, but Ferrari have deep pockets and have thrown MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS on the engine to be where they are today
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    funny because what you said....how many engines did torro rosso go through last year?? quite a few...
    8....some of those did'nt need replacement but Honda did it anyways to get to their Spec 3 PU which is what RedBull will start out with in 2019.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Honda will be more dangerous than you think. However, i do believe some reliability problems will pester them more than us and Merc.

http://grandprix.com/news/vettel-say...get-clear.html

Vettel targeting the WDC in 2019 (obviously) and still blaming the car for losing the 2018 WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post

Vettel targeting the WDC in 2019 (obviously) and still blaming the car for losing the 2018 WDC.
    ha, ha.....i blame HIM more then i blame the car....surely Ferrari have dropped the ball in second half of the season, but he did a lot of mistakes and lost a LOT of points doing so

Have to agree with the Seb master here, lol being like 0.1 quicker on straights but losing more than half a second in all tight sectors while destroying our tyres is definitely a huge weakness, Almost forgot how awful the car is in any wet condition. but we getting the car closer and closer to the top and thats important, progress has gone up past 2 years and i really hope it continues, trying to get close to a well oiled machine like merc who are the benchmark in designing a total package requires Gems in terms of engineering advantage and brain power to catch up while not falling behind somewhere else in design. If we can cure the ailness of downgrading parts and bad development in the second half of the season, we could be closer and closer to getting a championship WDC or WCC.

Heard Leclerc & Seb will both get mental coaches which is cool. Hopefully it helps and theres no friction between teammates. but yeah 100% agree with the legend seb , so much pressure on Binotto now in his 1st year, i hope he succeeds
    Last edited by mwk360; 29th January 2019 at 04:37.

https://www.f1analisitecnica.com/201...i-fra.html?m=1

Mattia Binotto was the great announcement made by Ferrari at the beginning of the year, but it will not be the only one. John Elkann and all his entourage, in fact, want to give the Italian-Swiss technician all the means necessary to bring the Team back to the World victory.
    The president of the Maranello team, in fact, did not just change the stable leader, but also some important figures within the team.

The first person who had to leave the Ferrari was Alberto Antonini. The Scuderia's latest press officer had the expiring contract, but the management decided not to renew it.
    At the moment we do not know the real replacement of Antonini, but according to the latest rumors will come Bernd Fisa (after the no of Colajanni). This figure is not new in Ferrari, in fact he has already worked in Maranello in the period 2000-2001.
    The management of Maranello, however, has renewed almost all the part dedicated to communication, bringing to Maranello a press officer of great experience. Silvia Hoffer is coming from McLaren who will replace Stefania Bocchi (wife of Maurizio Arrivabene and press officer of Kimi Raikkonen).
    These changes in the field of the mass media, taking away also important figures of the Arrivabene era, presage that in Ferrari there is a willingness to start a new phase in Maranello with Binotto leader.
    To confirm this there are also other news in the Red house.
    Driver drivers arrive at Ferrari. The two Red drivers will be assisted by figures who will help them in the various stages of the championship. Charles Leclerc will coach Jock Clear, while Sebastian Vettel will have a mentor who will arrive directly from a competing team, Red Bull.
    These figures will be introduced in Maranello from this season to help the two drivers from the mental point of view. Surely in the last season we have seen Sebastian Vettel lose a bit 'the stirrups in some circumstances (on the track and outside), and a coach will certainly need it. The same applies to Leclerc, who will have to sustain the pressure for his first season at Maranello.

In the meantime, however, the other teams are not watching. In fact, Ferrari should not only be afraid of Mercedes, but also of Red Bull.
    The Milton Keynes team would have a big joker in store for the next season. Aerodynamic news or surprise of the Honda engine? We'll find out soon.

What do I think of this revolution at Ferrari?

Honestly I do not see a real revolution in Maranello, because in practice there was not.

used google translate so things might sound upside down

Oh I see...so it was car's fault when he ended up in the barrier at his home race...also it was cars fault when he made numerous collisions with other cars. I guess Ferrari secretly deployed magnets on Vettel's car.

Also three races, Singapore, Russia and Japan, where the car performed "badly", but even then it was still more than good enough for podium finish. And let us not forget USA, Raikkonen won that race and Vettel...got himself penalized and made contact with another car...AGAIN. Guess it was cars fault too.

Omg is he srly saying that the car let him down?

He shouda got the WDC af voer halfway point but at that time our research got behind the taxi's but hey who are we...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

"I mean seriously.........!!!" "Honestly, what are we doing here!!!!"
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Have to agree with the Seb master here, lol being like 0.1 quicker on straights but losing more than half a second in all tight sectors while destroying our tyres is definitely a huge weakness, Almost forgot how awful the car is in any wet condition.
    Where do you get the figure of 0.1 sec from? GPS traces showed it was much larger than that.

We only had major problems with destroying our tyres in Barcelona.

Car looked great in the wet in Hungary (at least in Kimi's hands).

but we getting the car closer and closer to the top and thats important, progress has gone up past 2 years and i really hope it continues, trying to get close to a well oiled machine like merc who are the benchmark in designing a total package requires Gems in terms of engineering advantage and brain power to catch up while not falling behind somewhere else in design. If we can cure the ailness of downgrading parts and bad development in the second half of the season, we could be closer and closer to getting a championship WDC or WCC.
    The car was already good enough in 2018. Vettel's mistakes let us down, big time.

The way I see it.
    It's true Seb had a bad year. Sometimes he messed up while other times it was the team.
    Kimi handled the pressure of driving for the reds better than Seb.
    Now that both Seb and Charles will have mentors next year indicates the team is aware of all of this.

Forza Jules

Seb had two bad years in a row.

Seb had two bad years in a row.
    Ferrari let go of the wrong driver. I can't see Seb taking the time or wanting to be a mentor to Charles, especially if Charles is in the running from race 1. Charles more than likely already knows if you get on pole and race time get 2 seconds up ahead what not to do. Seb came from that spot at R Bull to getting lost outside of up front with Ferrari. Both drivers esp. Seb wanting WDC ; hopefully will rack up the points!! And let's hope Sauber and R Bull will keep Lewis at least in 4th or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari let go of the wrong driver. I can't see Seb taking the time or wanting to be a mentor to Charles, especially if Charles is in the running from race 1. Charles more than likely already knows if you get on pole and race time get 2 seconds up ahead what not to do. Seb came from that spot at R Bull to getting lost outside of up front with Ferrari. Both drivers esp. Seb wanting WDC ; hopefully will rack up the points!! And let's hope Sauber and R Bull will keep Lewis at least in 4th or worse.
    yeah, sure, cause that is really going to happen...

Honda will be more dangerous than you think. However, i do believe some reliability problems will pester them more than us and Merc.
    Thing is that while (I believe) Honda surely have made progress, both Mercedes and Ferrari have also made progress. I doubt that Honda can challenge in the engine department.
    Now, speaking bout RBR, the real danger has always been in the aero department, that is not going to be different this year.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    I'm glad you agree! Or don't you believe Seb and Charles have a chance at the WDC, WCC ? The new Honda engine will be way faster than the Merc; and the R Bull driver is literally fearless!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Ha,ha....he must be smoking something really good, he should share some of that good weed with us....lol
    It’s gonna be a battle between Ferrari and Merc, period..... red bull third if the engines don’t let them down and with Sauber I would say a distant 5th or 6th

But that is just me though, hope Sauber can prove me wrong, but with the budget they have, I highly doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I haven’t been here in a few months but thought I’d check in to see if there was any car related rumours/news. This thread is entirely arguing about whether seb is good or not. A total joke.

I almost exclusely go to F1 Technical at this point.

Wake up people. You’re destroying this forum. People don’t want to come here anymore. When this whole website is 2 petty people arguing amongst themselves about whether seb is good or not... you’ll be disappointed.
    Quoted for truth.

Disappointed Since 2010