Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 112223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1219

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Hass also considering there future in f1.The owner is considering weather it is financially viable in 2021.Storm clouds brewing.

Hass thinking long and hard about there future in f1 if it does not stack up financially then the owner will call it a day for 2021.Storm clouds are brewing.

I wonder if F- E has any bearing on their thinking? All the big car makers are already putting out electric cars even in some of their big selling models. It's not the top problem but; a 50 million salary for a year's driving along with everyone else's pay has got to have an impact . And there's only of course one WCC team and one WDC driver. All the rules and one tire Co. doesn't help either.

True it's all about sharing the love.Freedom of choice with e racing and a better spread of the capital.More importantly it's clean energy racing this will be the future.f1 has to many stop and go signs to many rules and the freedom of choice e.g. tires etc.As time goes on f1 will find itself under immense pressure this pressure has started.The reluctance of teams to renew beyond 2021 could very well signal the start of a new era completely. Liberty would be very nervous especially with 2020 coming and going so quickly.

One thing for sure is F-E needs real race tracks, not just the street versions. It's hard to believe how any driver finishes a race without damage or DNF ! Most drivers have F-1 experience and that for sure helps when it gets tight on the turns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    One thing for sure is F-E needs real race tracks, not just the street versions. It's hard to believe how any driver finishes a race without damage or DNF ! Most drivers have F-1 experience and that for sure helps when it gets tight on the turns etc.
    I agree that the circuits used for FE are mostly uninspiring and the limitations imposed by the electric range will restrict the use of proper circuits until the range has increased. The overtaking opportunities are also few when the tracks are so narrow and enclosed, hence the incident rates, it's more like banger racing sometimes. For me it can never replace combustion-engined racing, however much the noise has been dumbed down since the hybrid era began, but sadly I think this is where it's all heading.

Ah ! I forgot about the limited range. You are right. I hope there working on that. They managed to go from 2 cars per driver to one, so maybe there's hope in the near future . Is Merc ready to quit F-1 ? Lewis without Toto running things so well will be a big difference for Lewis. So far no driver has a contract past 2020. I can't wait to see who goes where; or if nothing big changes.
    Last edited by Brembo; 16th November 2019 at 07:33.

Ah ! I forgot about the limited range. You are right. I hope there working on that. They managed to go from 2 cars per driver to one, so maybe there's hope in the near future . Is Merc ready to quit F-1 ? Lewis without Toto running things so well will be a big difference for Lewis. So far no driver has a contract past 2020. I can't wait to see who goes where; or if nothing big changes.
    The 2021 regs are probably going to make us all nervous about the survival of F1, so much talk of carbon emissions and budget caps, teams leaving or being taken over, will we even have a pinnacle of motorsport under the current pressure from environmental and cost issues? I am glad to have been around in the 'good old days', despite the loss of so many great drivers in the process.

Along with Honda's engines doing great, the DHL Fastest pit stop award for 2019 went to Red Bull. This last race in Brasil 3 pit stops were done in less than 2.2s.

Along with Honda's engines doing great, the DHL Fastest pit stop award for 2019 went to Red Bull. This last race in Brasil 3 pit stops were done in less than 2.2s.
    I saw 1.9s twice for Max’s pit stops.....but yeah I hear ya, our 3.5s seems like an eternity
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

One of those 3 were set in 1.82sec.....fastest pit in F1 currently.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari needs to pay attention never to pit Charles the same time Max is in the pit lane!! Time it so Seb can be in there and fight it out with Max instead of fighting Charles !

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    The 2021 regs are probably going to make us all nervous about the survival of F1, so much talk of carbon emissions and budget caps, teams leaving or being taken over, will we even have a pinnacle of motorsport under the current pressure from environmental and cost issues? I am glad to have been around in the 'good old days', despite the loss of so many great drivers in the process.
    There could always be a breakaway, a rival Grand Prix racing organisation.

Ferrari did threaten to create the Grand Prix World Championship series in 2001 together with the major manufacturers. This was also threatened in 2010.

There must be something illegal with Red Bulls wheelguns. According to data from FIA official time keeper, Red Bull are too fast with Pit Stops. And under current regulations it would be impossible to gain so much. There is obviously some trickery going on..

They're spraying Red Bull on the socket for that extra fast spin off ! The new F-1 team budget will be 175 Million, excluding drivers salary and the 3 top executives salary. Sounds far enough .
    Last edited by Brembo; 22nd November 2019 at 07:49.

They're spraying Red Bull on the socket for that extra fast spin off ! The new F-1 team budget will be 175 Million, excluding drivers salary and the 3 top executives salary. Sounds far enough .
    Or maybe they're actually drinking those Red Bull's...?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This!

Volkswagen is pulling all cars out of competions with a combustible chambers.They own many car brands.This does not bode well for f1.No new entries coming in and talk of teams calling it a day after 2020 interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Volkswagen is pulling all cars out of competions with a combustible chambers.They own many car brands.This does not bode well for f1.No new entries coming in and talk of teams calling it a day after 2020 interesting times ahead.
    Just shows you F1 must follow current trends and it will eventually become electric. As a matter of fact, every standard car will become electric in due time. Combustible Engines will just become a hobby for the enthusiasts and that's it. We got to accept it no other choice, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Not all brands. Its onky VW not going to produce anymore factory tcr cars from this year. But will still build and provide customer teams with the polo and give support to current golf tcr teams. Wrc no longer. But easier for vw to do as they only run and build tcr cars and rally.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Electric cars... I don't believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    I second your opinion and concern......

For me F1 is and has always been the pinnacle of motorsports racing.....F1 is the cream of the crop....and with that comes the NOISE....one of the TOP ingredients for me to watch formula 1 racing....I still miss the good old V10’s of the old F2004....boy do I miss that noise, (I remember being in Montreal in 2004 seeing Michael win that race....the noise those engines made it was undescribable, my hair on the back of my neck and arms were raising) it is not even close to what we have nowadays with the V6 turbo.....but if for whatever reason F1 will move to 100% electric, that would be the end of me watching F1

Second of all I miss the good natural passing on track....none of this fake DRS crap....that is all artificial....hopefully with the new refs in 2021 with the aid of ground effects we will see some more natural passing.....but I won’t hold my breath, I’ll believe it when I see it
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

People who used to ride in horse-drawn carriages said the same thing about cars.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

People who used to ride in horse-drawn carriages said the same thing about cars.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Like the steam powered cars never made it big...

FIA telemetry shows only a small difference in power between Ferrari’s engine and the power units of other teams

http://scuderiafans.com/fia-telemetr...f-other-teams/

LaFerrari is a hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    LaFerrari is a hybrid.
    I think he’s talking about fully electric cars in F1
    Hybrid is different....

Like the steam powered cars never made it big...
    The future is Electric Vehicles. Every nation is taking massive steps towards EVs. One of the advantages of F1 for manufacturers is adapting F1 technology to their road cars. With road cars becoming electric fairly quickly, it is inevitable that F1 may become fully electric in a couple of decades (or sooner).

Latifi to Williams for 2020: F2 racer replaces Kubica

Formula 2 racer Nicholas Latifi will make his Formula 1 debut next season, after Williams opted to promote him from his role as the British team’s reserve driver, and it now means the 2020 grid is complete…

The Canadian will replace Robert Kubica, who opted to leave Williams after just a single season, and will race alongside George Russell – who will contest his second year with the outfit.

Latifi knows Williams well and has experience behind the wheel having taken part in six free practice sessions this term, most recently last time out in Brazil.

The 24-year-old, who has previously performed test duties for Renault and held the reserve role for Force India, is currently second in the F2 championship – in what is his third campaign – with one round to go.

“I am thrilled to be stepping up as Race Driver for 2020,” said Latifi. “I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the team this year, supporting them with the development of the car, and assisting wherever I can trackside and at the factory. I look forward to the journey ahead with the team, and I am excited to make my Formula 1 debut at the Australian Grand Prix in 2020.”

Deputy Team Principal Claire Williams added: “I am delighted to announce that Nicholas will be stepping up to the role of Race Driver to partner George in 2020.

“All of us at Williams have been immensely impressed at what he has achieved this year in FIA Formula 2, along with his commitment to the team, and the work that he has put in behind the scenes.

“Nicholas has become an established and well-respected member of Williams, and we look forward to him stepping up into this new role, as we look to fight our way back to the midfield.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...t6qZU0eiF.html