Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 51617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Rumors are circulating that Romain Grosjean could be replaced with Esteban Ocon after the German Grand Prix. At Silverstone, both the Haas drivers crashed into each other and it seems that tensions in the team are high. There is also the team's struggles with their title sponsor Rich Energy. It is thought that Guenther Steiner rates Ocon highly and thinks that he would do a better job than both of his drivers.

An anonymous Formula 1 insider posted on Reddit last night.

“I'm close to someone who has been at a number of the races with great access. (The mods have seen evidence of this.)

“What I’m hearing is that after the British GP, Steiner was furious at the drivers, blew up at them (for obvious reasons) and phoned Gene Haas for permission to fire a driver. Word in the paddock is that they are looking at Ocon to replace Grosjean. If possible, by the next Grand Prix.

“That's all I can say, for now, If this turns out to be correct, I'll be back with more.”

Although only rumors at this stage, it would make sense. The car hasn't been brilliant for Haas but Grojean is consistently the lesser of the two and bringing in the talent of Ocon could really boost the team.
    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/41622...n-at-haas.html
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Surely that would be a conflict of interest if Ocon goes to Haas who use Ferrari engines and a lot of Ferrari know-how, after all he's a Mercedes protege and could take any secrets or inside knowledge back to Merc!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Surely that would be a conflict of interest if Ocon goes to Haas who use Ferrari engines and a lot of Ferrari know-how, after all he's a Mercedes protege and could take any secrets or inside knowledge back to Merc!
    1. I'm not sure how much ferrari know-how Hass drivers know
    2. It might be that he is released from his Mercedes contract as the chances of a Merc drive are low.

I doubt he will know that much, but if so then why can't it work the other way and he tells us Merc secrets lol
    Forza Ferrari

Good riddance to another driver who doesn’t belong in Formula 1, in my opinion.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by f150italia View Post
    I think the most hated driver is Sebastian Vettel and one side the British media since, he is the arch rival for Hamilton and even in this forum most of them wants him to retire.Did everyone remember the way Alonso abandoned us and we finished 4th in WCC and Vettel joined in 2015 and won us 5 GP's.I haven't seen such hate towards Hamilton when constantly pushes massa in 2011 or Verstappen when he constantly collides with Ferrari's not so long ago.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Alonso wanting to stay with us. But Luca gone and new people in top places at Ferrari resulted in (what I feel) was a mistake. Alonso wanted to sign a one year contract extention to stay and look at possibly signing for longer after that year. But Ferrari told him: either sign on for life (5yrs I believe) or leave, no other option.

Btw, Alonso made less mistakes during his entire time here than Vettel made last season, alone.

Every career move Alonso made and makes is with Flavio's ok. And Alonso has Millions $$$ of reasons to have listened. Just look at how Alonso is now spending his years racing in all kinds of events. He's even welcome to come back to F-1 if he want's to. When Michael went to Merc I believe Flavio knew it would be bad news for Ferrari's future. And advised his boy accordingly. Andremember Seb looked real strong coming off R Bull with 4 WDC s. Who knew?

"If Hamilton goes to Ferrari, that could be it - the end of his career"

To drive in Formula 1 is every open cockpit drivers dream. To do that in red, under the Ferrari name makes it extra special for any driver. That probably rings true for Lewis Hamilton, but Jenson Button believes his former teammate will stay at Mercedes because a move to Ferrari would end his career.

Mercedes currently dominate Ferrari. Once again, the German team have left their Italian rivals in the dust. And for this reason, Button doesn't think we'll ever see Hamilton in the red overalls.

"I'm sure every driver wants to drive for Ferrari. But no driver who is still in their senses would switch from a winning team to one that is not competitive. It would be very brave and unusual for him to go to Ferrari," Button tells Autobild.

"Lewis could win ten world titles at the end if he stays with Mercedes. But if he goes to Ferrari, that could be it - the end of his career."

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/41873...s-career-.html

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

To drive in Formula 1 is every open cockpit drivers dream. To do that in red, under the Ferrari name makes it extra special for any driver. That probably rings true for Lewis Hamilton, but Jenson Button believes his former teammate will stay at Mercedes because a move to Ferrari would end his career.

Mercedes currently dominate Ferrari. Once again, the German team have left their Italian rivals in the dust. And for this reason, Button doesn't think we'll ever see Hamilton in the red overalls.

"I'm sure every driver wants to drive for Ferrari. But no driver who is still in their senses would switch from a winning team to one that is not competitive. It would be very brave and unusual for him to go to Ferrari," Button tells Autobild.

"Lewis could win ten world titles at the end if he stays with Mercedes. But if he goes to Ferrari, that could be it - the end of his career."

Huh, however true that may be currently, we still have the power to be competitive and we can manage quite nicely without HAM in red, but knowing his luck he'd arrive just as we'd got our act together.

So when does Lewis comes?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Huh, however true that may be currently, we still have the power to be competitive and we can manage quite nicely without HAM in red, but knowing his luck he'd arrive just as we'd got our act together.
    sooooooo,let's get him onboard then.....he'll win us the long awaited WDC and WCC
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari have Leclerc now and there will be a new generation of fast drivers to choose from.

Already with the racing between Verstappen and Leclerc, we're seeing the beginning of the next era of drivers.

Right now the future for Ferrari is Leclerc. Not only that but Charles is motivated by winning his team mate , so why on earth would Ferrari get Hamilton, who , let's not kid ourselves, would demand #1 status, multi WDC and all, so that pretty much would ruin Charle's immediate future, motivation, career path and eventually would drive him to leave ?
    Add all the aforementioned to the fact that Lewis, form and all , is not getting younger, whereas Charles is very young and will only get better.

No , in all seriousness, Hamilton can stay in Mercedes, go someplace else, or go be a DJ for all I care, getting him to Ferrari would be a monumental mistake.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Right now the future for Ferrari is Leclerc. Not only that but Charles is motivated by winning his team mate , so why on earth would Ferrari get Hamilton, who , let's not kid ourselves, would demand #1 status, multi WDC and all, so that pretty much would ruin Charle's immediate future, motivation, career path and eventually would drive him to leave ?
    Add all the aforementioned to the fact that Lewis, form and all , is not getting younger, whereas Charles is very young and will only get better.

No , in all seriousness, Hamilton can stay in Mercedes, go someplace else, or go be a DJ for all I care, getting him to Ferrari would be a monumental mistake.
    My sentiments exactly.

Disappointed Since 2010

Seb demands WDC status at Ferrari now, and hasn't won a race! That " Is what " , will ruin Charles' chances for a 21019 win. Let Lewis stay where he is for sure. But.. He wins races just by leaving his car in remote control., not like our former 4x WDC driver. Last place last race.

Once Lewis equals shumarker record he will go to Ferrari that's my opinion and if he beats it in a Ferrari well say no more he will be a billionaire instantly.Then he will retire and follow another passion in his life.

It would not be a monumental mistake. Ham can win titles and he does have amazing luck. Maybe it will rub off on to us. And god knows we need that.

That said, we have Charles and i dont think we NEED hamilton. I am willing to bet Charles would be winning races in that merc, AND beating bottas too. So all we need is to make a better car. It will happen.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Ferrari have Leclerc now and there will be a new generation of fast drivers to choose from.

Already with the racing between Verstappen and Leclerc, we're seeing the beginning of the next era of drivers.
    agree with this. max and charles are the next schumacher and alonso.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Every career move Alonso made and makes is with Flavio's ok. And Alonso has Millions $$$ of reasons to have listened. Just look at how Alonso is now spending his years racing in all kinds of events. He's even welcome to come back to F-1 if he want's to. When Michael went to Merc I believe Flavio knew it would be bad news for Ferrari's future. And advised his boy accordingly. Andremember Seb looked real strong coming off R Bull with 4 WDC s. Who knew?

I was never a Schumacher/Todt fan (but always a Ferrari fan). Also, Seb never looked "real strong" to me during or after his Bull years. I always thought Alonso, Hamilton, and maybe another driver or two were better during the years Seb blew his way through 4 WDC titles.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

Yep. Despite all the luck that seems to follow Hamilton around, I also agree with you guys. Luck doesn't last forever and I can't help but think it would be Ferrari's miss-fortune to have Ham's luck run out just after Ham signs a Ferrari contract that pays him a fortune. It might end up being more of a waste of money than Ferrari has endured with Kimi's & Seb's undeserved beyond lofty contracts.

Did anyone hear rumors about Aldo Costa joining Ferrari? Announcement may happen during German grandprix. If true, then massive coup by Ferrari!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitu View Post
    Did anyone hear rumors about Aldo Costa joining Ferrari? Announcement may happen during German grandprix. If true, then massive coup by Ferrari!!!
    I also heard about this. Getting Costa back from Mercedes would be MASSIVE, but it sounds too good to be true. If Ferrari are able to lure him back, they might have a shot at the 2020 championship.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I also heard about this. Getting Costa back from Mercedes would be MASSIVE, but it sounds too good to be true. If Ferrari are able to lure him back, they might have a shot at the 2020 championship.
    He’ll probably just come to steal our engine secrets and run them back to Merc. Or sabotage our development/strategy like Jock Clear has.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    He’ll probably just come to steal our engine secrets and run them back to Merc. Or sabotage our development/strategy like Jock Clear has.
    Or that!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by F-e-r-r-nando View Post
    Yep. Despite all the luck that seems to follow Hamilton around, I also agree with you guys. Luck doesn't last forever and I can't help but think it would be Ferrari's miss-fortune to have Ham's luck run out just after Ham signs a Ferrari contract that pays him a fortune. It might end up being more of a waste of money than Ferrari has endured with Kimi's & Seb's undeserved beyond lofty contracts.
    I believe Ferrari is O K with Charles moving into the #1 driver spot. They want to see the Seb 3 points lead disappear first, I guess. I believe all new contracts should read a top pay amount if you win WDC, and another amount payed if you don't win. Or a pay amount with a bonus if you win WDC. And a bonus for the guy who comes in 2nd. for a WCC win. As it stands now, where's the incentive ? And as far as I know Seb gets another top pay if he stays regardless of this years finish results.

Aldo Costa to return to Ferrari – rumour

Another familiar name could be on the way back to Maranello.

It is already known that Simone Resta is almost certainly returning to his old Ferrari design role after a short stint at Alfa Romeo.

And now Auto Bild reports that Aldo Costa could also be on the way back to Maranello.

Costa, who until last year was Mercedes’ engineering director, moved into a part time ‘technical advisor’ role at the German team for 2019.

Mercedes said that move was to “spend more time with his family in Italy”.

Prior to working at Mercedes, Costa was on the Michael Schumacher-era Ferrari ‘dream team’, eventually serving as technical director before he left in 2011.
    https://grandpx.news/aldo-costa-to-r...errari-rumour/

SENSATIONAL COMEBACK 2020? ALONSO SPEAKS TO THE TOP TEAMS

Fernando Alonso has apparently informed all three current Formula 1 top teams that he would consider returning to Formula 1.

Publically, Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull would consider taking on Alonso at age 37 to be of limited appeal. It’s been no secret that Alonso has been trying to get a foot in the door at Mercedes since the surprising resignation of Nico Rosberg at the end of 2016.

“Everyone knows that Fernando is one of the best. Nobody doubts that,” says team boss Toto Wolff and confirms that there have been contacts from the Alonso delegates.

Recently the former Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone had declared that a driver pairing Hamilton/Alonso, a new edition of the explosive McLaren duel of 2007, would be an unbelievably exciting driver lineup for the sport.

Could we see a switch to Mercedes with Alonso? Several factors speak against an Alonso change to Mercedes. Firstly, Stuttgart has never forgiven for Alonso playing a decisive role in the 100 million US dollar FIA fine against McLaren-Mercedes in 2007 with his evidence submitted to the FIA. Alonso played a central role in the debacle.

Secondly, even if one were to believe that Valtteri Bottas is not good enough (and there are no signs of this at the moment), one would probably tend pur their money on Max Verstappen or even perhaps Sebastian Vettel rather than towards Alonso. Verstappen is 21, Alonso almost 38 years old.

Lastly, Alonso has not won a World Championship since 2006 and no Grand Prix since 2013. Nobody knows for sure whether he would be able to immediately regain top performances in a top Formula 1 team. Especially since in recent years he may have gone too far away from Grand Prix racing with various excursions to other racing series.

In any case, there are no concrete discussions with Mercedes. Wolff makes it clear: “Fernando understands the situation that we first have to make a decision with our current drivers. That’s the integrity we have as a team, that we don’t negotiate in parallel until we’ve made a decision ourselves how we want to go on.”

Alonso is also said to have positioned himself with Ferrari. But the Scuderia makes it clear that there is “certainly no” interest in Alonso or Verstappen for 2020: “We have two drivers with contracts and are very satisfied with them,” team boss Mattia Binotto told Sky Sports and added: “Our pairing for next year is fixed. I don’t see any reason why we should change that.”

And Red Bull? “Alonso is an absolute no-go for Honda,” Helmut Marko makes his final comment on the matter during an interview with ‘Motorsport-Total.com’. The Austrian confirmed indirectly that there has been contact, in whatever form recently saying that: “Alonso has put himself in a position of availability”.

McLaren have declared that they would not put any obstacles in his way when team boss Andreas Seidl made clear that he is not planning to run Alonso in a McLaren next year. But if he were to find a cockpit somewhere else, he would be given the go-ahead.

“Fernando is and remains a McLaren ambassador,” McLaren boss Zak Brown told ‘Motorsport-Total.com’. “We have a great relationship and talk to him about various racing programs for the future.” But these have nothing to do with Formula 1.

“If he wants to return to Formula One, then we’re happy for him,” says Brown

“That would be with another team, because we don’t have any free places. But if that’s what he wants, we’d support that”
    I think Alonso will be back at Ferrari and Vettel will either retire or go back to Red Bull by the end of this season.

What do you guys think?

That’s right! Ferrari can ruin Charles’ immediate future, motivation, career path and eventually drive him to leave all on their own, thank you very much! They don’t need Hamilton’s help for that!

I think Alonso will be back at Ferrari and Vettel will either retire or go back to Red Bull by the end of this season.

What do you guys think?
    No, vettel will continue till 2020 & see where he & team stand.
    If he feels confident within himself & team will continue else retire that’s it.
    If land Norris performs the same way next year, he’s under ferrari management eyes for sure.

Hammy will wait until he gets hollow title #8 in the dominant car with a weak team mate and then ride off into the sunset. Then we'll never stop hear about him from the garagiste press for the rest of the century and how epic he was - conveniently missing out the years his team mates beat him fair and square...

There's no chance in hell he'd leave Mercedes before he won #8 and then he'd be too old anyway and would want to retire rather than try something new, not to mention he's an extremely unpopular driver with the vast majority of Tifosi except a certain Vettel-hater on here as well as someone repeatedly slagging off his own team even while winning so that's a non-starter.