Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

I was about to post that myself. Just another reason why I won't be following F1 after the 2020 season as it stands right now. Dumbing down the engine evolution, bigger rims, standard gearbox cassette etc. That's not F1 anymore. All of this is a shoe-in for a spec. series in the future so one might as well get off the train at the first possible station.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I was about to post that myself. Just another reason why I won't be following F1 after the 2020 season as it stands right now. Dumbing down the engine evolution, bigger rims, standard gearbox cassette etc. That's not F1 anymore. All of this is a shoe-in for a spec. series in the future so one might as well get off the train at the first possible station.
    I believe in outsourceing for those that are'nt a works team with personnel about half of what a works teams employs. Case in point-->HAAS. It's a mid-fielder and has only 3yrs in F1 compared to some iconic teams that have been in F1 for 40yrs or 30yrs and whom are backmarkers currently; namely Mclaren and Williams. HAAS pretty much outsources everything and they have way less sponsorship of the likes of SPRPF1T (aka Force India) whom have tons of sponsorship.

So if your an F1 team will a limited budget in this highly complex and highly financial F1 era you either: 1) Get a ton of sponsors or 2) outsource everything........something Mclaren and Williams has neither of but should follow HAAS should they want to survive instead of being in the backfield.

Williams is the next team to go belly up. It's unfortunate. I don't believe in a spec series either in F1 but if you're not willing to adapt given your predicament then ultimately these iconic teams will fail in the short term.

Williams has missed 2 days of testing already and they look to make it Wednesday mid-day. RokIt is their "main" sponsor and they look questionable from a financial perspective.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I believe in outsourceing for those that are'nt a works team with personnel about half of what a works teams employs. Case in point-->HAAS. It's a mid-fielder and has only 3yrs in F1 compared to some iconic teams that have been in F1 for 40yrs or 30yrs and whom are backmarkers currently; namely Mclaren and Williams. HAAS pretty much outsources everything and they have way less sponsorship of the likes of SPRPF1T (aka Force India) whom have tons of sponsorship.

So if your an F1 team will a limited budget in this highly complex and highly financial F1 era you either: 1) Get a ton of sponsors or 2) outsource everything........something Mclaren and Williams has neither of but should follow HAAS should they want to survive instead of being in the backfield.

Williams is the next team to go belly up. It's unfortunate. I don't believe in a spec series either in F1 but if you're not willing to adapt given your predicament then ultimately these iconic teams will fail in the short term.

Williams has missed 2 days of testing already and they look to make it Wednesday mid-day. RokIt is their "main" sponsor and they look questionable from a financial perspective.
    I'm not critical about supplying parts to smaller teams. It's happening now as well. What I'm critical about is to have even more standard parts for everyone. It was bad when McLaren was given the contract for the ECU. I could buy that, but barely as it's not a physical designed and engineered car part but some circuits and software. But I put my red line there and then. A standard gearbox cassette is something totally different. It basicly is a shoe-in for a spec. series. I will not support that by watching it. I'm obviously fine if the majority of Ferrari fans still will even though I think it will be a sad day. They (Liberty and Brawn) will not stop until the PU is spec as well. I would feel the same way even if it would be Ferrari who won the tender to supply the standard gearbox cassette.

Don't we already outsource our gearbox anyway? It's hardly going to make any difference really as they will still all be unique in the casing?
    Forza Ferrari

According to Mark Priestly, there is rumour going around aboutHonda again having vibrations so both RB and TR can't run the engine to its potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Don't we already outsource our gearbox anyway? It's hardly going to make any difference really as they will still all be unique in the casing?
    It's not about outsourcing our gearbox to smaller teams. It's about not being able to produce the gearbox ourselves anymore. If the tender goes out and companies like Xtrac or Hewland win then all teams will be forced to use that gearbox cassette in their casings. It will be a foreign body inside a Ferrari without Ferrari being able to do anything about it. That is unthinkable for the road car division so why should it be acceptable for the F1 team? If Ferrari win the tender why should it be acceptable for Merc to run a Ferrari gearbox? That's a spec. series then in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    It's not about outsourcing our gearbox to smaller teams. It's about not being able to produce the gearbox ourselves anymore. If the tender goes out and companies like Xtrac or Hewland win then all teams will be forced to use that gearbox cassette in their casings. It will be a foreign body inside a Ferrari without Ferrari being able to do anything about it. That is unthinkable for the road car division so why should it be acceptable for the F1 team? If Ferrari win the tender why should it be acceptable for Merc to run a Ferrari gearbox? That's a spec. series then in that regard.
    I mean I am sure we get someone else to make our gearbox at the moment, or did in the past. So it's not much different.
    Forza Ferrari

Constructors will never agree to a spec series. They are in F1 for showcasing their own technology and doing marketing that way. What's the use of them participating in a spec series?