Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Mercedes have decided to downgrade their car for the rest of the season to make it more interesting.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6oRjIgW4AAeBVf.jpg
    They will still keep winning after Toto says Ferrari is the new benchmark

Another health setback for Lauda.

Osterreich paper reports that Niki Lauda is currently receiving treatment for kidney dialysis and has been transferred to a private clinic in Switzerland.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I think we will see a 180 of Lewis's character and mentality IF he went to Ferrari.

Same goes for Seb, we will see a 180 in his character and mentality.

If they were to swap.

What will be interesting is a 5x "GOAT" and Leclerc.......that's worth watching a whole season!!!
    Lewis and Charles for sure worth watching !!!!

There appears to be a rumour of Simone Resta returning. Why he left in the first place is a mystery but should he return that would mean a big loss for Alfa.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis and Charles for sure worth watching !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That would mean the end of me being a tifoso, at least for one car. Without the best car and all the luck, HAM would never have had so many WDCs, great driver though he is.
    Then hopefully Lewis joins Ferrari and what luck are you talking about ? You know Lewis was blasted in 2012 when it was announced that he signed with Mercedes that he choose the money instead of staying with McLaren, why he would go to a midfield team and the haters where also happy but now he's lucky ? He took a gamble and it payed off. He would have won two races with that poor car in 2013 was it not for his tyre blow out in Silverstone, i really don't understand why people would 'dislike' him for, he does more for his own fans than any other driver. i think Lewis is the choice for Ferrari and we simply need him, he's the best in the rain and qualifying beast, better than Alonso and Vettel hands down. I really hope he comes to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Then hopefully Lewis joins Ferrari and what luck are you talking about ? You know Lewis was blasted in 2012 when it was announced that he signed with Mercedes that he choose the money instead of staying with McLaren, why he would go to a midfield team and the haters where also happy but now he's lucky ? He took a gamble and it payed off. He would have won two races with that poor car in 2013 was it not for his tyre blow out in Silverstone, i really don't understand why people would 'dislike' him for, he does more for his own fans than any other driver. i think Lewis is the choice for Ferrari and we simply need him, he's the best in the rain and qualifying beast, better than Alonso and Vettel hands down. I really hope he comes to our team.
    Better than Alonso ??? No way. Ham never dragged avg car to title season. This reason is enough.
    Better than vettel I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Better than Alonso ??? No way. Ham never dragged avg car to title season. This reason is enough.
    could not have said it any better myself.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

When did Alonso drag an average car to a title?

Quote Originally Posted by ROCHEY View Post
    2012 comes to my mind quick.....that car was pretty average; it was HIM that dragged that mule of a car and put in placed it did NOT belong.....one has ot look at his teammate which no offense had WAY less then half his points...

that year the red bull and Mclaren were by far the faster cars.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Better than Alonso indeed and the Ferrari's where not as bad he, people like you and the media trying to make out to be, especially in 2012 where Alonso had a 43 points lead at seasons half in 2012 with seven races to go and still managed to loose the WDC, he sucks in qualifying, average in the rain and always needed No1 status otherwise he would be exposed as average. Alonso certainly is/was not on Hamilton's level.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    2012 comes to my mind quick.....that car was pretty average; it was HIM that dragged that mule of a car and put in placed it did NOT belong.....one has ot look at his teammate which no offense had WAY less then half his points...

that year the red bull and Mclaren were by far the faster cars.....
    That's all BS. hi input simply was poor which made that cars worser then they actually where. How often started Massa to outqualify him and Ferrari needed to tell Massa to back off or move over, taking a penalty for Alonso cause he qualified so pathetically slow etc. Get off that band wagon train dude.

That's all BS. hi input simply was poor which made that cars worser then they actually where. How often started Massa to outqualify him and Ferrari needed to tell Massa to back off or move over, taking a penalty for Alonso cause he qualified so pathetically slow etc. Get off that band wagon train dude.
    How are Hamilton fans coping up with greatest qualifier ever getting beaten to Pole in three straight race weekends by not so highly regarded Bottas?

How often started Massa to outqualify him and Ferrari needed to tell Massa to back off or move over, taking a penalty for Alonso cause he qualified so pathetically slow etc.
    Not very often at all, unfortunately...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ROCHEY View Post
    r u watching F1 or any other sport?

Better than Alonso indeed and the Ferrari's where not as bad he, people like you and the media trying to make out to be, especially in 2012 where Alonso had a 43 points lead at seasons half in 2012 with seven races to go and still managed to loose the WDC, he sucks in qualifying, average in the rain and always needed No1 status otherwise he would be exposed as average. Alonso certainly is/was not on Hamilton's level.
    silly post. Alonso is not a great qualifier. Everyone does agree on it. But in race craft, it reminds of MS days.
    But Micheal has pure quali pace compared to Alonso.

Tell me when did Ham drag the avg car to title season?

You are watching Ferrari team, who are first in implementing Team orders or specific to giving lead driver no.1 status.
    Wt about H.Kov when in McLaren??? didn't he move away for Hamilton? or should I remind it?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...eto-has-to-end

Clarie Williams first needs to sort out their own team issue first rather than crying on Ferrari as always.
    Joined by another cry master Mr. Horner, who always take a dig at Ferrari rather than Mercs.

These so called Team principals should voice against Mercs dominance or F1 current state rather than crying on Veto power for Ferrari.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...eto-has-to-end

Clarie Williams first needs to sort out their own team issue first rather than crying on Ferrari as always.
    Joined by another cry master Mr. Horner, who always take a dig at Ferrari rather than Mercs.

These so called Team principals should voice against Mercs dominance or F1 current state rather than crying on Veto power for Ferrari.
    More stupid is us not using the veto on these new engine rules....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It’s all with LDM....!!! Who allowed it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No arguement there.

None of the teams should have right to veto. If that is not OK then everyone should have.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

silly post. Alonso is not a great qualifier. Everyone does agree on it. But in race craft, it reminds of MS days.
    But Micheal has pure quali pace compared to Alonso.

Tell me when did Ham drag the avg car to title season?
    Like i said, the Ferrari was not as bad as some of you people trying to make it to be and it's easy to 'drag' car to the so called end when you have No1 status cause we all know Alonso doesn't handle teammate battles well and demands No1 status after he got trashed by an average driver like Jarno Trulli in 2004. Don't even get me started about his sub par teammates he always had and his race craft was nothing special, get of the hype train already.

You are watching Ferrari team, who are first in implementing Team orders or specific to giving lead driver no.1 status.
    Wt about H.Kov when in McLaren??? didn't he move away for Hamilton? or should I remind it?
    Please remind me.

Like i said, the Ferrari was not as bad as some of you people trying to make it to be and it's easy to 'drag' car to the so called end when you have No1 status cause we all know Alonso doesn't handle teammate battles well and demands No1 status after he got trashed by an average driver like Jarno Trulli in 2004. Don't even get me started about his sub par teammates he always had and his race craft was nothing special, get of the hype train already.
    So what does “not as bad as” mean ??? It’s definitely not a championship winning car right ??
    Please let me know.

Please remind me.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...t-McLaren.html

Will get few more for you..!

Don't know if it was mentioned here before ...

Rumors about Simone Resta to be ordered back from Alfa / Sauber to get things done

Link - please use translator of your choice if German is not your strength
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

[AMuS] Newey wants the rules for 2021 to be introduced as late as possible and not in June already because Mercedes has such a big advantage now, so that they could be the only team benefiting from it. He wants the rules to be introduced in December.

Newey: "The Mercedes aero department is twice as big as ours. With their lead, they can use 50% of the people to concentrate on the current car and 2020 and the rest can already work fully for 2021. The less time there is, the fairer the starting point for all teams."

Mercedes agreed with the rules being introduced in October and not June but Racing Point disagreed. Red Bull is convinced that Mercedes are using Racing Point for their own interest. Because a single vote against it is enough to prevent the postponement to October.

[Autosport] Renault reveals it had to run reduced power at early-season F1 races after discovering a conrod problem - but insists new engine is now at Mercedes/Ferrari level in race spec.

also

It would seem Renault needed RedBull more than RedBull needed Renault.

Renault, Abiteboul admits: "After the departure of Red Bull we cannot show the progress of the V6"

To conclude, the Renault Sport boss added: "By losing the supply to Red Bull we have lost the opportunity to demonstrate the progress made by the engine. We knew it, so we must try to show it with our team".

https://translate.google.com/transla...3/&prev=search

[Autosport] Renault reveals it had to run reduced power at early-season F1 races after discovering a conrod problem - but insists new engine is now at Mercedes/Ferrari level in race spec.

also

It would seem Renault needed RedBull more than RedBull needed Renault.

Renault, Abiteboul admits: "After the departure of Red Bull we cannot show the progress of the V6"

To conclude, the Renault Sport boss added: "By losing the supply to Red Bull we have lost the opportunity to demonstrate the progress made by the engine. We knew it, so we must try to show it with our team".

https://translate.google.com/transla...3/&prev=search
    On the one hand he is bigging up his engine, and on the other slating his car; that's exceptionally honest of him