Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16272829303132333435363738394041
Results 1,201 to 1,219 of 1219

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Regarding Hamilton, I only have one question... why would he want to join Ferrari? He's in the dominant car and the team is, unfortunately for us Ferrari fans, better in just about every aspect... why would he simply not ride out his remaining time there and end up with 10 titles and call it a career? why come to a team that shoots itself in the foot on a routine basis??
    because he's NOT sure if with given 2021 total revamp of aero rules, Merc will continue to be dominant....afterall, maybe Ferrari will pull something out of the bag come 2021 with new rules and be the team to beat...i know wishful thinking, but ONE never knows....

only time will tell....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I think, if we had internet back in 1995, people would be saying "oh we don't need anyone from Benetton to join Ferrari...Ferrari is better than Benetton blah blah blah"....

Yeah I get it, we don't need Hamilton because of Leclerc and the team should be built around him...but still, If Hamilton joins Ferrari for a year or two then I don't see any problem. Ferrari not going to lose anything by having Hamilton, having him as a driver will be a massive boost for any team.

And as a Ferrari fan, I want the very best at Ferrari. I want the best drivers to drive our cars and the best engineers to design the car. I don't want someone who often crashes or spins, or have red herring moments when gets overtaken by his teammate or rivals, and after spending 6 years at Ferrari, still had to come up with silly excuses like "the car didn't suit my driving style"...I'd say we have had enough mediocrity. Both 2017 and 2018 should've been the end of Mercedes's domination.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I think, if we had internet back in 1995, people would be saying "oh we don't need anyone from Benetton to join Ferrari...Ferrari is better than Benetton blah blah blah"....

Yeah I get it, we don't need Hamilton because of Leclerc and the team should be built around him...but still, If Hamilton joins Ferrari for a year or two then I don't see any problem. Ferrari not going to lose anything by having Hamilton, having him as a driver will be a massive boost for any team.

And as a Ferrari fan, I want the very best at Ferrari. I want the best drivers to drive our cars and the best engineers to design the car. I don't want someone who often crashes or spins, or have red herring moments when gets overtaken by his teammate or rivals, and after spending 6 years at Ferrari, still had to come up with silly excuses like "the car didn't suit my driving style"...I'd say we have had enough mediocrity. Both 2017 and 2018 should've been the end of Mercedes's domination.
    mate, i totally agree with you 100%....time for the ballerina to go.....but Vettel165 fanboy may have a word or two against your comments.....LOL.....like i care....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Toto & Lewis are "The Merc Team !" if either one leaves , I believe ; so will the other. They should be welcomed @ Ferrari if that's the case. Just look at where Ferrari is now compared to Merc ! If Ferrari fans truly believe it's the WCC that counts, there's the combo ! Charles will still be great. How many times do fans say , Drivers come and go, it's the team Ferrari we care about ! Just compare Binotto with Toto !

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

We just signed Leclerc long term. If Hamilton does come to Ferrari how is he going to be if Leclerc starts beating him. I think Hamilton will carry too much weight to come to Ferrari. Leclerc seems to be the future, the last thing he needs is too have to play second fiddle to Hamilton. Keep Vettel. He can score points and if he knows there is no #1 then he has to earn his points. Leclerc can beat Vettel so if he becomes the clear #1 on merit then things should be ok. Just get them a wining car.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    We just signed Leclerc long term. If Hamilton does come to Ferrari how is he going to be if Leclerc starts beating him. I think Hamilton will carry too much weight to come to Ferrari. Leclerc seems to be the future, the last thing he needs is too have to play second fiddle to Hamilton. Keep Vettel. He can score points and if he knows there is no #1 then he has to earn his points. Leclerc can beat Vettel so if he becomes the clear #1 on merit then things should be ok. Just get them a wining car.
    Do you honestly believe Vettel will accept wingman role and be happy about it?

I believe it's Toto & Lewis to Ferrari or no Lewis at all. Charles I believe will be OK and allowed to do what he does , race to win. Under Toto Bottas @ Merc won 7, races 4 in 2019, , 45 podiums, 11 poles. That's not rubenizing a driver. Again Toto & Lewis together or no Lewis going to Ferrari. One needs only to also compare Binotto with Toto. Not in the same league at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    ^This x 10. Vettel couldn't even accept Le Clerc passing him in Brazil. So much so that he thought wrecking both of them was a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    ^This x 10. Vettel couldn't even accept Le Clerc passing him in Brazil. So much so that he thought wrecking both of them was a better solution.
    It’s gonna be tough for him in 2020, he either pulls up his socks and starts to drive better, or he’s gonna see the other Ferrari in front of him all season long along with the other Mercedes...

I personally think Ferrari has made up their minds who they want to support next year...of course they will both start with zero points in OZ, but if Charles will outperform Vet from the start and continue to do so until mid season, I think we all know who’s gonna get top support

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Oh you don't have to worry about Leclerc. He's not going to play second fiddle to Hamilton, just like Hamilton didn't play second fiddle to Alonso. And the Hamilton-Ferrari thing is not a done deal, I don't see any reason for Hamilton to leave Mercedes or Ferrari to go for Hamilton. If Hamilton REALLY wants to driver for us, then sure, Ferrari will go for him, they're not gonna ignore someone like him. But right now, I don't think we have to worry about it, neither Ferrari nor Hamilton are desperate for each other.

And Leclerc is already number 1, he has beaten Vettel this year. And with more experience he will get better and better.
    And with Vettel, things aren't going to be okay. Brazil and Russia were the prime examples, one race he took out his teammate and another race he ignored team order, aka didn't play the team game. And Ferrari did provided Vettel winning cars, and we all know the rest. Vettel couldn't get the job done with a feel-good teammate like Raikkonen, and he is definitely not gonna win any championships with a teammate who's faster. Right now he is just a nuisance, a nuisance who's going to create a lot of problems for both Ferrari and Leclerc next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    I think Lec-Rai line up would've been ideal. Most people forgets that 2018 was one of Raikkonen's strongest year in F1, he had 4 reliability related DNF's compared to Vettel's 0. Also Ferrari often ignored Raikkonen's race strategy to benefit Vettel.

And unlike Vettel, Kimi isn't a rash racer. He hardly makes silly mistakes and his wheel-wheel racing abilities are far better than Vettel's. I wish Ferrari kept Raikkonen to partner with Charles, and got rid of Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    It’s now or never situation for vettel come 2020 season.
    If he gets on top of that car then he’s unstoppable. Else another mediocre season where he retires this time for sure.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...gapore-was-key

Embarrassing, such a 4 times champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...gapore-was-key

Embarrassing, such a 4 times champion.
    "Our young driver did one of the best qualifying laps of 2019, controlled the race from the start because we told him to...but nah, let's give Vettel the better strategy, so he can 'feel good' again and show him that he can 'trust the team'...

TBH, it was quite clear that Ferrari sacrificed Leclerc for Vettel in Singapore, and they did the same in Mexico. When the 1-2 was secured, they should've switched the positions. But instead they decided to give the win to Vettel, who not only got out qualified by Leclerc but Hamilton as well, and had no business finishing above P3.

It's good that Binotto himself now admitting that Vettel did nothing to deserve the win, it was given to him by Ferrari to 'improve his mood'. But it's also pretty bad to publicly admit of throwing a race for one of your drivers over the other.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 26th December 2019 at 18:47.

It cost Charles 3rd place WDC.Tulip top capitalised on the back of Ferrari drivers capitulation.Served to tulip top on a plate,not in 2020 Ferrari fans and others this will not be repeated.Red bull will have to earn every single point no more free dinners compliments of Ristorante Ferrari.

All Binotto needs is someone to handle the drivers for him, and someone to do the interviews for him and he will be OK. I wonder if he at least knows how to cook? Linguini with clams will be just fine for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    It cost Charles 3rd place WDC.Tulip top capitalised on the back of Ferrari drivers capitulation.Served to tulip top on a plate,not in 2020 Ferrari fans and others this will not be repeated.Red bull will have to earn every single point no more free dinners compliments of Ristorante Ferrari.
    Let's hope you're right, Seb needed the boost but at Charles's expense in Singapore, that can never be right at that stage of the season when neither were in the hunt for a WDC. It did cost Charles P3 in the WDC but Ferrari were being accused of all sorts with their engine/fuel flow and Binotto was having to defend the team, he does need someone else at the tracks to assist his judgement and take some of the pressure off his shoulders.

Would a one year move for Lewis for 2021 be a bad move.
    Through his time in F1, everyone from Button, Rosberg and Bottas have always used his data and his engineers to improve themselves, discover his tricks to try and compete against him.
    It’d be like Ferrari hiring Lewis to top up Charles F1 degree to a masters degree.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Would a one year move for Lewis for 2021 be a bad move.
    Through his time in F1, everyone from Button, Rosberg and Bottas have always used his data and his engineers to improve themselves, discover his tricks to try and compete against him.
    It’d be like Ferrari hiring Lewis to top up Charles F1 degree to a masters degree.
    Well said ! And along with Charles' masters degree all Lewis' complaining about his car would get Ferrari a car equal to or better than the Merc he drives now. So many fans say it's the car not Lewis' driving that wins WDC , WCC. So welcome the new Ferrari car forced on the Ferrari engineers !