Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Dang it

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

2019 top 10 drivers voted by team principals

Capture.PNG

Seb got paid a $50, Million contract based on his success @ R Bull . Based on Lewis' success @ Merc , how much will he be worth? Probably the most ever paid in F-1 ! I can't believe Ferrari will do it again. Base a drivers pay on past success while with another team. Seb got away without using a mask and a gun !

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post

Capture.PNG
    I think Max been overrated this year. Lec best fits to 2nd place.

I'd remove Vettel and put Perez in there.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think Max been overrated this year. Lec best fits to 2nd place.
    x2. Max is not deserving of 2nd place. Charles was definitely better throughout the season, a shame he had some bad luck. I would also move Valtteri closer to the mid or bottom of that list. Plenty of midfield drivers drove better than him imo.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Now some guy saying Vettel is in talks with McLaren F1 Boss Andreas Seidl and could join McLaren Mercedes in 2021.

RB- Max
    Ferrari - Vettel
    Mercs - Ham

These seats/drivers gonna shuffle for 2021.
    I do not count vettel-RB option, Mercs-Max, Ferrari-Ham.

But Ham to ferrari I don’t like the combo. Also Lewis knows Lec is the next star, don’t think so he can live up to him.
    Where as If Mercs-Max, RB-Vettel.... these both can drive along side their team mates given No.1 status.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Now some guy saying Vettel is in talks with McLaren F1 Boss Andreas Seidl and could join McLaren Mercedes in 2021.
    That day couldn’t come fast enough for me.....if I were Ferrari I would have shown him the door starting with 2020....and have gotten richiardo instead...could have saved Ferrari a bunch of millions and also more points in WCC
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Good riddance.

But I do feel sorry for Mclaren though, knowing Vettel's 'famous' wheel-wheel racing skills and the Mclaren being a midfield car....I hope they're ready for the repair cost.

Plenty of momentum in Ferrari- Hamilton talk but I’ll be surprised if it materialises. Hamilton probably will use this for better pay from Mercedes from his next contract. Vettel- McLaren looks a possibility, McLaren needing a ‘lead driver’ which they don’t have atm and Vettel needs a sub-par team mate. Ferrari might have plenty of options for 2021 along with Charles. They can put Hulk, Ricciardo or even Norris if he has a good start to 2020. Bottas also seems under threat with Ocon back in the mix. Verstappen will stick with RB, Honda is coming good, he has his best chance there

Plenty of momentum in Ferrari- Hamilton talk but I’ll be surprised if it materialises. Hamilton probably will use this for better pay from Mercedes from his next contract. Vettel- McLaren looks a possibility, McLaren needing a ‘lead driver’ which they don’t have atm and Vettel needs a sub-par team mate. Ferrari might have plenty of options for 2021 along with Charles. They can put Hulk, Ricciardo or even Norris if he has a good start to 2020. Bottas also seems under threat with Ocon back in the mix. Verstappen will stick with RB, Honda is coming good, he has his best chance there
    If vettel goes to McLaren, ham will stick mercs & there’s a high possibility either Ric or Kimi might take 2nd ferrari seat. They want good no.2 & team player. I think both of them fit into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Good riddance.

But I do feel sorry for Mclaren though, knowing Vettel's 'famous' wheel-wheel racing skills and the Mclaren being a midfield car....I hope they're ready for the repair cost.
    Great post ! I couldn't agree more. With repair costs and salary I can't see anyone but Clair hiring him with Merc $$ ! He will fit well in a Williams. Every finish in the top 10 will be like a win for Seb. and Williams.

What does everyone here make of this talk of discussions with Hamilton?

I think Hamilton is just using it for leverage for contract negotiations with Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    What does everyone here make of this talk of discussions with Hamilton?

I think Hamilton is just using it for leverage for contract negotiations with Mercedes.
    I hope is for contract neg. with Merc.....don’t know if I ever want to see that bloke dressed in Red and driving for Ferrari.....puke, that’s all I can say

Normally I don’t mind who drives for us so long as both drivers collect maximum points in order to bring WCC home...but in this case I cannot stand his face, he’s a good driver and all, NOT one of the greats as some may consider him to be....but I just don’t like him and his arrogance
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I hope is for contract neg. with Merc.....don’t know if I ever want to see that bloke dressed in Red and driving for Ferrari.....puke, that’s all I can say

Normally I don’t mind who drives for us so long as both drivers collect maximum points in order to bring WCC home...but in this case I cannot stand his face, he’s a good driver and all, NOT one of the greats as some may consider him to be....but I just don’t like him and his arrogance
    That's honest and I agree with you 100% but there is no doubt that he is a great driver and knows how to extract the most from situations where other drivers would fail, even some of our own! Sickening though it is to see him constantly taking the spoils of victory, it may not last much longer and I certainly would have trouble accepting him in our team.

I will be totally honest here. The day Lewis signs for Ferrari is the last day I support Ferrari. Sorry but its true.

Well enjoy the time you have left supporting Ferrari.The word on the streets of italy is that Lewis and the chief of Ferrari have a gentleman's agreement in place already,this agreement is subject to a couple of things that will be sorted in 2020.Interesting times and anouncements are forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If vettel goes to McLaren, ham will stick mercs & there’s a high possibility either Ric or Kimi might take 2nd ferrari seat. They want good no.2 & team player. I think both of them fit into that category.
    If Hamilton does indeed comes to Ferrari, Mercedes will certainly go for Vettel. EJ predicting Toto might jump to Ferrari as well to protect Hamilton from Leclerc. Also, Max will partner Vettel at Mercedes
    Last edited by Rishu; 17th December 2019 at 03:03.

If Hamilton does indeed comes to Ferrari, Mercedes will certainly go for Vettel. EJ predicting Toto might jump to Ferrari as well to protect Hamilton from Leclerc. Also, Max will partner Vettel at Mercedes
    Mercs will not be the real deal, as Mclaren partnering with mercs & also if toto/ham walks away from them. These two have been strong force for mercs.
    Mclaren-vettel might be a good one considering 2021 budget cap.
    Coming to ferrari, Lec earned his status & proving to be no.1 driver. So bringing Ham into ferrari might not be a good choice.
    Either Lec career will be ruined or Ham/toto will play dirty games inside.
    Don’t think it should happen like that.

Vettel-Max pairing would be similar to Lec-vettel. So such move vettel might not accept. He’s going for Mclaren in hope of no.1 status.

Sorry but why do we need Hamilton when we have Charles and other mature drivers who may become available in 2021, including Seb who just may shock us and return to his former glories in 2020. The thought of Hamilton in red is completely alien to me, and I just don't buy into his life-style or his image but I admit he is a great driver, assisted greatly by having had the best car which has helped him to get so many WDCs. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen as being mainly a tifoso of Ferrari, I also have to like our drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Sorry but why do we need Hamilton when we have Charles and other mature drivers who may become available in 2021, including Seb who just may shock us and return to his former glories in 2020. The thought of Hamilton in red is completely alien to me, and I just don't buy into his life-style or his image but I admit he is a great driver, assisted greatly by having had the best car which has helped him to get so many WDCs. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen as being mainly a tifoso of Ferrari, I also have to like our drivers!
    Super

anyone getting a gold chain for xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    anyone getting a gold chain for xmas?
    Only to throttle someone with, no prizes for guessing who!

Anyone know anymore about this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMqtTZvAVsY ???

Eddie Jordan in an interview swears that Lewis and Toto will be @ Ferrari 2021. He bragged how he called Michael's return going to Merc. Ferrari will be untouchable !!! WDCs and WCC.

what a reference.
    Ferrari is always a Ferrari, drivers come n go.
    Schumi-Ferrari is always a brand for sports. No one can touch these.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Eddie Jordan in an interview swears that Lewis and Toto will be @ Ferrari 2021. He bragged how he called Michael's return going to Merc. Ferrari will be untouchable !!! WDCs and WCC.
    We don’t need Hamilton for Ferrari to be untouchable, all we need is a fast enough car capable to fight for wins at every track...what we do need is, a team that works like a clock work....good strategies, less reliability problems and our drivers will do the rest

AMEN

Although I agree we don’t need Hamilton with Leclerc around, this team can be built around him, but I have to be honest I will not mind Hamilton in Ferrari at all. He’s a great driver, picks his battles very carefully and to a large extent he is not error prone.

Regarding Hamilton, I only have one question... why would he want to join Ferrari? He's in the dominant car and the team is, unfortunately for us Ferrari fans, better in just about every aspect... why would he simply not ride out his remaining time there and end up with 10 titles and call it a career? why come to a team that shoots itself in the foot on a routine basis??
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...