Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm glad you agree! Or don't you believe Seb and Charles have a chance at the WDC, WCC ? The new Honda engine will be way faster than the Merc; and the R Bull driver is literally fearless!
    you're seriously smoking something good.....please pass it along, i need me some of that....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

After you're done F60 pass it to me to please .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

A source from Sky Italy reports that changes at Ferrari are not finished

"Binotto knows very well that the amount of work that awaits him is greater than the already demanding one he had to face in the last two seasons. An important and experienced person will arrive soon."

"I believe that a technician (the one that will arrive soon) will be able to allow Binotto to delegate work without any worries, an experienced trustworthy person."
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...42823848906752

the best source for info most of the time
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    After you're done F60 pass it to me to please .
    Will do, as soon as Brembo passes it to me first....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I can't see Seb taking the time or wanting to be a mentor to Charles, especially if Charles is in the running from race 1. .
    I would totally agree with you on that Brembo but mwk360 has posted an article possibly from the Italian media. Clearly Ferrari sees the need to help their drivers to be mentally strong.

The two Red drivers will be assisted by figures who will help them in the various stages of the championship. Charles Leclerc will be coached by Jock Clear, while Sebastian Vettel will have a mentor who will arrive directly from a competing team, Red Bull. These figures will be introduced in Maranello from this season to help the two drivers from the mental point of view.
    Surely in the last season we have seen Sebastian Vettel lose a bit 'the stirrups in some circumstances (on the track and outside), and a coach will certainly need it. The same applies to Leclerc, who will have to sustain the pressure for his first season at Maranello

Forza Jules

I wouldn't under-estimate Honda's ability to make a reliable and powerful engine and combined with a Newey chassis and Mad Max, it could just bite us on the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I wouldn't under-estimate Honda's ability to make a reliable and powerful engine and combined with a Newey chassis and Mad Max, it could just bite us on the bum.
    nah....u're right about Newey and crazy max....but Honda??? be reliable and most powerfull??? not gonna happen....

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...42823848906752

the best source for info most of the time
    So Who is it? Domenicali? Boullier?

Wouldn't Domenicali TBH. I also thought he was a scapegoat for Luca's political ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ha,ha....he must be smoking something really good, he should share some of that good weed with us....lol
    It’s gonna be a battle between Ferrari and Merc, period..... red bull third if the engines don’t let them down and with Sauber I would say a distant 5th or 6th

But that is just me though, hope Sauber can prove me wrong, but with the budget they have, I highly doubt it
    Agree, the only way Sauber would be up there is if was identical to Ferrari and that isn’t legal

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Wouldn't Domenicali TBH. I also thought he was a scapegoat for Luca's political ambitions.
    Domenicalli and Boullier have lost a lot of face. That 2014 Ferrari car was terrible and Boullier's McLaren stint burried him.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Domenicalli and Boullier have lost a lot of face. That 2014 Ferrari car was terrible and Boullier's McLaren stint burried him.
    have to agree....for a top heavy team like Ferrari in terms of budged and personel, they came out FLAT on their faces in 2014 wiht the new engine and chassis regulations.....that was NOT acceptable in my books.....took them long enough (of course due to the token system the FIA implemented....some may say to give Merc head start), which i'm sure if it wasnt' for the token system that crippled Ferrari, they would have caught Merc a LOT SOONER.....

but now we're there and this 2019 season cannot start fast enough....we got 2 good drivers, well let's hope Seb won't be doing as many mistakes this year and i have a LOT of faith in Charles....so BRING IT ON.....This season should be really interesting
    Last edited by Rob; 31st January 2019 at 07:47.

Imho RB going with Honda will prove to be a HUGE blunder in their 1st year of partnership at the very least if not longer. Front runners will have to be very wary of Verstappen kamikaze/desperation moves before his
    engine(s) inevitably quit! Looking back on all the years they've wasted at Mclaren and TR I don't understand how anyone could predict otherwise unless you believe in miracles/divine intervention? MB has to flag sooner
    or later and hopefully Ferrari are able and ready to be there and benefit.
    Last edited by Liscia; 31st January 2019 at 00:34.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Domenicali wasn't responsible for 2010-2014 cars, just as Arrivabane wasn't responsible for 2017 & 2018 cars.

TP's main responsibilities are team operation and strategy department. And under Domenicali, Ferrari was better organized in both team operation and strategy. But unfortunately, Domenicali never had a technical department led by someone like Binotto.

For 2019 the R Bull drivers can race to kill!! Win wise. They have the Honda engine to blame if anything goes wrong. R Bull has billions $$ to spend, and they went with Honda. They probably were encouraged by Ferrari's last year performance, seeing how with all they should have going for them; they nearly finished behind a Renault engine ready to go. Points wise it was a disaster for Ferrari 2nd. half. I hope Seb's driving is not to be on a par with Honda's engine! I still believe Sauber and Ferrari except for the paint job, are twins. They got Kimi , Ferrari has Seb! Most folks in charge at Ferrari this season are newlyweds there. I'm also sure Antonio want's that Ferrari seat and will do all he can to get it. I also hope Merc and Lewis slept through the winter not reading any of the posts here!

https://www.f1analisitecnica.com/201...l-gp-0-la.html

lol hard to really understand all that, but there is some belief that Merc who are usually more opened to the press and media are extremely limiting anything to do with there new car design, which leaves many to think that they have used a new concept or idea that they do not want others to see with these new regulations coming into effect, their release will be very limited and selected shots only i believe

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

i thought mekies since technician side, but he is already a known name so it sounds weird if it was him that they chose not to name him

Motorsport Italy reports that the "new" man that will arrive at Ferrari (the one that will help Binotto) could come from the Ferrari GT area. Binotto is searching for someone that will take control of the factory, organizing the production of the pieces and the developments.

Since Binotto became team principal, he is not able to follow everything closely like he did the years before because now he got more areas to look after so that‘s why he is looking for a "factory manager".
    welp this is what most people feared with the binotto promotion but

Enrico Cardile and Corrado Iotti are two good examples of GT men producing excellent results so Binotto getting someone from the GT area wouldn‘t be a surprise.
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...91828365729795

Today Ferrari fire up their 2019 engine for the first time at the presence of team principal Mattia Binotto in Maranello. Everything worked properly

The "fire up" is one of the rituals that marks the birth of every new F1 car.

They might release something on social media like last year

Ferrari will have a darker red colour and less shiny. They might be doing something like RedBull finally.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Ferrari will have a darker red colour and less shiny. They might be doing something like RedBull finally.
    i dont' know if i like the idea of less shiny....a darker red color i don't mind......but if it's gonna be the fastest car on the grid, hey i'll take a bit of less shiny.....ha, ha...

https://formula1.ferrari.com/en/engine-sound-2019/

new engine startup sound at that link

Wow, pretty revealing. Not to be a smart ....

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Fueled by tifosi hopes.

expect the color of the car to match Ducati's new paint color.....a new darker red.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dx2BF6BWoAEcKAJ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dx8c08ZXQAMR_cR.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Sauber F1 team rebrands as Alfa Romeo Racing for 2019.

https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/sa...romeo-racing-2

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Sauber F1 team rebrands as Alfa Romeo Racing for 2019.

https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/sa...romeo-racing-2

Sooooo, the 2019 Ferrari F1 car to be named SF90-H???? (90yrs after Ferrari starting racing Alfa's???)

Expect a name change in the Alfa (Sauber) since all of them start with a C (after his wife Christine) maybe???

Camilleri just boosted Ferrari's 2019 budget, says that they will push to take both titles home this year after they got so close in 2018. It is said Ferrari's budget is around $20M shy off Mercedes which is quite a push. Also there is talk of a mysterious figure joining the team but no details given yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Camilleri just boosted Ferrari's 2019 budget, says that they will push to take both titles home this year after they got so close in 2018. It is said Ferrari's 2018 budget is around $20M shy off Mercedes which is quite a push. Also there is talk of a mysterious figure joining the team but no details given yet.
    fify mate..

Just reading that Toro Rosso are intending to use the complete rear end from the Red Bull car for 2019, I thought the rules would have prohibited this so am I to assume it's likely that Alfa (Sauber) and Haas can use the Ferrari rear end? Not sure if the 'rear end' is classified as part of the chassis but constructors are supposed to supply their own chassis.