Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 81920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    So they will go 2017 car basically, same story every year, why they don't change car philosophy every month it would be way funnier

They now have strongest engine. This year got it wrong with car design philosophy- low drag. I wouldn’t it’s a championship winning car but should have won 6 races by now.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    They now have strongest engine. This year got it wrong with car design philosophy- low drag. I wouldn’t it’s a championship winning car but should have won 6 races by now.
    At this point, we’re only guessing that our engine is TOP class
    Maybe we are only topping speed traps in every session this year due to our low drag a very efficient aero, have you thought of that scenario??

I mean the Williams of 2014 was super fast on straight line speed, I remember in Monza that year it had a top speed of close to 370 k/h, yet the works Mercedes walked all over it due to it having more downforce

So yeah technically we don t know if our engine is the best, maybe next year if ferrari build a car like red bull or Merc with more downforce, we’ll see how good our engine really is....right now we’re comparing apples to oranges kind of thing....don’t you think????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Maybe we are only topping speed traps in every session this year due to our low drag a very efficient aero, have you thought of that scenario??

I mean the Williams of 2014 was super fast on straight line speed, I remember in Monza that year it had a top speed of close to 370 k/h, yet the works Mercedes walked all over it due to it having more downforce

So yeah technically we don t know if our engine is the best, maybe next year if ferrari build a car like red bull or Merc with more downforce, we’ll see how good our engine really is....right now we’re comparing apples to oranges kind of thing....don’t you think????
    I tend to agree with you. The more Toto praises our engine and says we are faster, the more I believe the opposite. I think it is all down to circumstance; track layout, tyres, weather, etc.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

No.

The community is very specific in recognising that is the best. Not everyone in F1 lying.

but didn't Renault claim they had about 2000 HP?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    No.

The community is very specific in recognising that is the best. Not everyone in F1 lying.
    what community??? you're one of those believing Toto's bunch of lies??? when he says OUR engine is the best.....its' our car design this year, more efficient and slippery through the air, hence the engine don't work quite as hard....i'd like to see if we had levels of downforce like red bull OR Merc, how good our engine would have been then.....quess we'll never know, or maybe next year when ferrari will redesign the car A LA Mercedes or red bull, we'll see how good our engine will be then...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Our engine is probably behind Merc IMO which is why we have gone down the aero route we have.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Our engine is probably behind Merc IMO which is why we have gone down the aero route we have.
    Engine wise may be merc reached their maximum & couldn’t find any gain so went with more aero efficient philosophy???
    Although they have tyre advantage, which gives them more flexibility.

Engine wise may be merc reached their maximum & couldn’t find any gain so went with more aero efficient philosophy???
    Although they have tyre advantage, which gives them more flexibility.
    According to Toto, Ferrari are 4 km/h faster on the straights.

He has also indicated that the Ferrari engine could have the most horse-power.

Finally someone that is a agreeing with me and is making sense of what I’ve been saying all along....we have a very efficient car which is much slippier through the air hence higher top speed....

Charles took his car and did pole, and win !!! There's now 3 top cars on the track, it's up to the driver, and a little luck, not just "The Car" to keep winning and podiums. 2019 is still a long way from over. Great racing up front by 3 great cars and drivers. No down force , wrong tires, 2021 we will be O K ! That term slippery car is the only thing that sounds right !

I think the gap is closed compared to years passed, hence you see Honda right up there too. But I tend to agree that Mercedes still has the advantage.

It's not just our lack of downforce but the inability to get the (Merc-spec) tyres into the operating window and then managing to keep them there without degradation, which seems to be an impossible task. The aero and engine may be good but that's never enough when circuits have corners.

All the more credit to Charles for getting that win!

it's ironic how Williams have the slowest car with supposedly the best engine.

Alex Albon u nailed it ... with low pay scale

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate LH so much to drive a Ferrari F1! but Ferrari road cars he can afford to buy and drive.

Has it all gone quiet on Aldo Costa or is he just on gardening leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    He’s joining Dallara in 2020

He’s joining Dallara in 2020
    Surely Ferrari could get him back with the right incentive, or did they part on bad terms previously?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Surely Ferrari could get him back with the right incentive, or did they part on bad terms previously?
    The latter. Tbh we can't blame Ferrari for sacking Costa, it's not like he was doing a great job as TP. I mean Ferrari got lapped at the Spanish GP, even after leading the race for 10+ laps at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The latter. Tbh we can't blame Ferrari for sacking Costa, it's not like he was doing a great job as TP. I mean Ferrari got lapped at the Spanish GP, even after leading the race for 10+ laps at the beginning.
    Thanks for that, I thought he hadn't done much good at Ferrari but then went on to be part of the Merc roller-coaster, so it seemed like a big turnaround in his abilities which I never understood. Don't Dallara have an input in the Ferrari chassis, though?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Thanks for that, I thought he hadn't done much good at Ferrari but then went on to be part of the Merc roller-coaster, so it seemed like a big turnaround in his abilities which I never understood. Don't Dallara have an input in the Ferrari chassis, though?
    I think Costa is, and has always been a suspension expert, aero wasn't his forte. The man behind current Mercedes domination is Ross Brawn, he built the foundations of their current success.

As for Dallara, they are a private aero company. I believe they built or designed the HRT/Marussia chassis and helped HAAS with their 2016 car. But no, they never had any input in the Ferrari chassis.

I don't agree. I think the general consensus is that Ferrari has the most powerful engine, especially when it comes to qualifying and early laps in race. Where we are probably lacking compared to Mercedes is fuel efficiency, but overall I believe strongly that Ferrari has the best engine in F1. I have also heard of rumours of Mercedes having certain issues with their engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    I don't agree. I think the general consensus is that Ferrari has the most powerful engine, especially when it comes to qualifying and early laps in race. Where we are probably lacking compared to Mercedes is fuel efficiency, but overall I believe strongly that Ferrari has the best engine in F1. I have also heard of rumours of Mercedes having certain issues with their engines.
    I 2nd this!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Aldo is now at Dallara. I suspect this is his gardening leave before joining us.

https://f1i.com/news/353271-mercedes...ra-as-cto.html
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Mario Isola Merc's savior, and Pirelli boss claims it's impossible to improve tires without an extra test which is next to impossible to get this year. So much for any help for Ferrari and the rest tire wise. Merc got it made for sure. They don't even try to hide it! Meanwhile let's just pray for the straightaways to get Charles the wins !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Mario Isola Merc's savior, and Pirelli boss claims it's impossible to improve tires without an extra test which is next to impossible to get this year. So much for any help for Ferrari and the rest tire wise. Merc got it made for sure. They don't even try to hide it! Meanwhile let's just pray for the straightaways to get Charles the wins !
    Yup, it looks like Merc is getting a head start on next years tires. Lots of nice information right to mercs engineers to be sure that Hamilton gets number 7. Pirelli says #Fit4F1, I say #Fit4Merc.

~FORZA FERRARI~

This is complete bull ****.

Disappointed Since 2010