Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Muahahahaha......u tell him and set him straight tifosi1993....vettel may be good, but NOT as good and consistent driver as hamilton or alonso will ever be....
    if he doesn't have a rochetship under him to qualify on Pole and run away with victory, he's totally lost....he's NEVER won a race outside of P3.....that must tell someone someting

end of story
    Yes. Because the toro rosso he got his first pole and win in was so awesome. At least 3 sec faster than any other car.

Trashing Seb's achievements at RB and Ferrari are not a good way to show support for our team going into 2019, he had a brilliant first half of 2018 and we were all behind him but it went sour after the German GP mistake and spiralled out of control thereafter, not all due to him. Of course we all want Charles to be the new hero but I find it quite uncomfortable to see the apparent disregard some tifosi have for Seb. We need unity in the team and either driver could be our next WDC, I'm prepared to give my full backing to them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yes. Because the toro rosso he got his first pole and win in was so awesome. At least 3 sec faster than any other car.
    maybe your memory has slipped a bit since 2008....YES he got pole and won the race, but as far as i can remember he was out at the right time in changeable conditions when he banked that p1 in Q3 and torro rosso sent both drivers when the track was at its best....call it luck call it skill, whatever you want ....because soon after after no one could improve, not even ferrari or Mclaren drivers....and they had argualbly the BEST cars on the grid....

just my 0.02 cents worth.....canadian cents that is.....ha, ha...cause i too am from ONTARIO
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Trashing Seb's achievements at RB and Ferrari are not a good way to show support for our team going into 2019, he had a brilliant first half of 2018 and we were all behind him but it went sour after the German GP mistake and spiralled out of control thereafter, not all due to him. Of course we all want Charles to be the new hero but I find it quite uncomfortable to see the apparent disregard some tifosi have for Seb. We need unity in the team and either driver could be our next WDC, I'm prepared to give my full backing to them both.
    i beg the differ....it all mostly ALL due to him.....binning the car in Germany wiht a handfull of laps to go, playing bumper cars with Luise in monza trying to win the race in lap ONE, and a few others when he bumped cars wiht Crashtapen couple of times spinning himself out and losing places.....

if he had a COOLER head in hte second half of 2018 he may still have had a chance....SLIM i may say, but still there.....but yeah, the team made their fair pit wall mistakes and mediocre car development in the second half as well
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Two idiots above think.....
    You're out of line............

If I was a mod, I would give you a warning regarding your myopic view and someone else's opinion and using a word to describe someone that they would find offensive. Maybe a month ban due to the winter season or week during the season....but I'm not a mod.

Hopefully the mods have given you fair warning as all of us are not privy to such information.

Show some respect.

I don't get along with a few....well maybe one, on this site but I would never call them an idiot or lower myself to that.

Have nice day.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Absolutely! We have a four time world champion who yes made mistakes in 2018 but gives it all every time he races for us and one of the hottest young talents on the grid. Bring on 2019!

i beg the differ....it all mostly ALL due to him.....binning the car in Germany wiht a handfull of laps to go, playing bumper cars with Luise in monza trying to win the race in lap ONE, and a few others when he bumped cars wiht Crashtapen couple of times spinning himself out and losing places.....

if he had a COOLER head in hte second half of 2018 he may still have had a chance....SLIM i may say, but still there.....but yeah, the team made their fair pit wall mistakes and mediocre car development in the second half as well
    It's fair to say he had a lot more difficulty coping with the pressure this season and it's easy to say he should have had a cooler head, but we all now know what the climate was like at Ferrari during this time.

Based on all of the accounts I have read, it sounded like it was tumultuous and full of uncertainty with mismanagement after Marchionne's passing, interoffice politics, infighting, and downgraded tech. This was not an environment that was conducive to performance. It's not all that surprising that he drove the way he did.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Do I also need to post that quote from McLaren's very own engineer who said in 2012 that in 2011 they[McLaren] had the best car and yet Vettel was beating him and went on to say that there is no trickery on cars, Vettel is simply better than Hamilton.

It is well known and backed by stats that McLaren was 0.2s/lap quicker than Red Bull in 2012, what happened? Hamilton lost by almost 100 points and Vettel had just 1 less failure than Ham, in case some delusional guy brings up reliability.

(1). You do realise it wasn't McLaren's "very own engineer" who reportedly said this? Geoff McGrath was the Innovation Officer of McLaren Applied Technologies at the time. If you are familiar with the structure of McLaren, you will realise that McLaren Applied Technologies has nothing to do with the race team.Autosport had to withdraw that quote from publication pretty quickly over allegations that the quote was fabricated and the entire story was a hoax. It's now thought to be more likely that the person whom Autosport spoke to wasn’t Geoff McGrath, but somebody impersonating him – with Autosport having to withdraw the article under a threat of legal action for libel by the real Geoff McGrath. Let's face it. Overall, the RB7 was the clear best car in 2011. It was relatively dominant. Even if the Mclaren was faster in a couple of races, that doesn't negate the RB7 from being the class of the field.

(2) The MP4-27 was as fast as the RB8 over 1 lap, (maybe even marginally faster), but it often struggled to match the RB8 on race pace. It's discussed in this article https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/...ch-qualifying/

The RB8 was marginally more reliable than the The MP4-27 too. In case you are not aware, reliability doesn't only encompass failures.

So, overall the RB7 was the best car of 2012. It wasn't dominant. But it was the best.

Why did Hamilton lose by 100 points? Mainly due to McLaren operational mistakes (and reliability). Estimated to have cost Hamilton over 100 points. This article might help give you some insight:

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/...ewis-hamilton/

But the 100 point gap wasn't due Hamilton driving poorly(which is what you are trying to imply). More often than not, Hamilton maximised his chances and kept mistakes to a minimum. 2012 was a good year from him.

^this.....i could NOT agree with you more on your statement....LeClerc is a fast and consistent driver (given the supreme records he's had in F3 and F2....or GP2 as they used to call it) and if Ferrari will treat them both equally from the get GO, i personally think he'll give Vettel a good run for his money....

also first and foremost i'm a Ferrari Fan, i root for Ferrari to win the WCC......as drivers come an go....but i would LOVE to see LeClerc school the FAKE 4WDC Vettel.....common Vettel is an OK'ish driver (but really prone to making mistakes when under pressure), but anyone with half decent speed and talent could have won those WDC's in those rochetships Newey built for him....Hec*, even mark webber the pensioneer had the best shot at winning hte WDC in 2010, if it wasn't for his mistake in Korea, and then the inevitable when he "brushed" the wall in abu dhabi and had to come in for an early unsheduled stop.....

but all that is history of course....i still love to see Seb's rear end get schooled by young LeClerc.....ha, ha...
    Is there really any need to keep on trashing Vettel like this? Yes, he made mistakes last year but what's done is done. Give him a break. The Vettel bashing is O.T.T.

Any actual news floating about , easily the quietest pre launch I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    With "Arriva-derci," it was "mums the word." It was like this for several years. He was'nt much of a PR person like Horner followed by Toto.

This is Binotto's first year, so I'm sure it's gonna be quiet until he gets settled in....especially pre-launch.

Turrini has some speculations....but that's all it is.

Trust me, if there was actual and credible news, either myself or one of the regulars would have or will post something.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

So in other words you agree with what I said and you just don't like Seb, I will re-iterate that last year's failure was in my humble opinion down to both driver and team, but if he hadn't tried some risky moves you'd probably still criticise him!

Seb for sure carried the weight of the F-1 world on his shoulders coming to Ferrari with all the great WDC wins and recognition! I still believe being on pole and the 1st place wins kept him out of the fights say 5th pl. to 1st. Now Lewis has that spot and Seb has to fight for position. He has what it takes after the 2018 shocks, I believe he will come along.
    Last edited by Brembo; 24th January 2019 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Based on all of the accounts I have read, it sounded like it was tumultuous and full of uncertainty with mismanagement after Marchionne's passing, interoffice politics, infighting, and downgraded tech. This was not an environment that was conducive to performance. It's not all that surprising that he drove the way he did.
    I believe this may have been the case at Ferrari.
    It is clear that the organisation within the team seemed to be in disarray after Marchionne's death. He was the glue that kept the team together and the oil that kept the machine working..........figuratively speaking.
    I'm sure drivers are very motivated and emotional people who work well in a calm well-ordered atmosphere.
    I don't know what the situation was like without Marchionne. Clearly there was some form of indecision within the team. The fact that Seb’s problems and mistakes nearly all took place in the second half of the season would suggest this was the case!
    Going forward I just hope that whoever takes ultimate control peace and calm reigns. Without that our drivers are at a disadvantage from the start
    Last edited by racingbradley; 25th January 2019 at 09:06.

Forza Jules

First race, pole and a win, peace and calm for Ferrari, that for sure will will do it for drivers and team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    First race, pole and a win, peace and calm for Ferrari, that for sure will will do it for drivers and team.

Totally agree, from your mouth to God’s years....

Irvine is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Irvine is still alive.
    I like Eddie but sometimes I wish he would keep his opinions to himself.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...e_trick_poney/

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I like Eddie but sometimes I wish he would keep his opinions to himself.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...e_trick_poney/
    Yeah I know about this, hence why I said he is still alive.

It's funny how ex drivers always say their partner was the absolute best (coz they got schooled by them). As much as I am a Michael fan I would never say he was the absolute best. No one driver is, Every so often one shines over the others but they all have flaws as well.

I recall MS running wide during races and as a result having Mika, DC or someone else overtake him over a few occasions back in the 90's early 00's so Vettel's issues are nothing new. Anyone remember Lewis binning his car on the pit entry gravel? or crashing into Kimi in the pit lane? Schumi wasn't much of an outstanding over taker too, used to take him ages behind a car until he finally did a do or die move on the opponent (similar to Vettel). You could argue it was F1 of back then with grooved tyres and aero trickery that limited overtaking but still, a Montoya would have got through much quicker (Verstappen of back then). How many times we saw races being decided in the pit lane before the no re-fueling happened?

Imo Lewis is seasoned well because he started off in a top team from day 1. McLaren was a winning team so he had the best equipment available to tweak and learn on unlike others that have to race mid pack and worse hence why he is on another level of maturity when it comes to mid race decisions.

Vertsappen and Leclerc almost have the same situation now, with only having done a year in B teams before landing a top team drive.

It's funny how ex drivers always say their partner was the absolute best (coz they got schooled by them). As much as I am a Michael fan I would never say he was the absolute best. No one driver is, Every so often one shines over the others but they all have flaws as well.

I recall MS running wide during races and as a result having Mika, DC or someone else overtake him over a few occasions back in the 90's early 00's so Vettel's issues are nothing new. Anyone remember Lewis binning his car on the pit entry gravel? or crashing into Kimi in the pit lane? Schumi wasn't much of an outstanding over taker too, used to take him ages behind a car until he finally did a do or die move on the opponent (similar to Vettel). You could argue it was F1 of back then with grooved tyres and aero trickery that limited overtaking but still, a Montoya would have got through much quicker (Verstappen of back then). How many times we saw races being decided in the pit lane before the no re-fueling happened?

Imo Lewis is seasoned well because he started off in a top team from day 1. McLaren was a winning team so he had the best equipment available to tweak and learn on unlike others that have to race mid pack and worse hence why he is on another level of maturity when it comes to mid race decisions.

Vertsappen and Leclerc almost have the same situation now, with only having done a year in B teams before landing a top team drive.
    Agree with you mostly WRX202 and also with racingbradley's suggestion that Eddie Irvine should keep his opinions to himself or at least tone them down!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    With "Arriva-derci," it was "mums the word." It was like this for several years. He was'nt much of a PR person like Horner followed by Toto.

This is Binotto's first year, so I'm sure it's gonna be quiet until he gets settled in....especially pre-launch.

Turrini has some speculations....but that's all it is.

Trust me, if there was actual and credible news, either myself or one of the regulars would have or will post something.
    I'd take what the toilet cleaner at Maranellos having for breakfast at this point.

I'd take what the toilet cleaner at Maranellos having for breakfast at this point.

Disappointed Since 2010

I concur.

Irvine's comments are classless.

Disappointed Since 2010

Some mid track driving experience , like coming up from behind is important for decision making experience. Then getting in a top team and top car should do it WDC wise . Seb only up front with R Bull caused him to be missing mid track experience making decisions and unfortunately it showed 2018. Lewis, well he seems to be in a class of his own.
    Car ,team, and driver working together is rare. All in all I also concur with the above post WRX 202.
    Sauber, R Bull, Ferrari and throw in Merc fighting it out up front should make 2019 F-1 come alive !

I think this thread is opened for discussion on 2019 F1 teams developments or any restructures.
    Not about drivers performance??? Where cars aren’t out & no results yet.

News and rumors 2019 is for sure about this seasons drivers, who they are and where they will drive and who will be #1,#2 and so on. The driver's 2018 results have a lot to do with where they wound up for 2019. Car wise 2019 hopefully will not have 2018 left overs. As you say, no results in yet.

I haven’t been here in a few months but thought I’d check in to see if there was any car related rumours/news. This thread is entirely arguing about whether seb is good or not. A total joke.

I almost exclusely go to F1 Technical at this point.

Wake up people. You’re destroying this forum. People don’t want to come here anymore. When this whole website is 2 petty people arguing amongst themselves about whether seb is good or not... you’ll be disappointed.

Just name and talk about any other drivers success, wins , points etc. in 2018 ; including Kimi, a Ferrari driver! And see where that gets you! F-1 the sport; is great to watch and follow including all the good, bad, and ugly.

Just name and talk about any other drivers success, wins , points etc. in 2018 ; including Kimi, a Ferrari driver! And see where that gets you! F-1 the sport; is great to watch and follow including all the good, bad, and ugly.
    Yeah applies to all drivers .... I mean all engine crying drivers. Good, bad & ugly.