Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11222324252627282930313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,057 of 1057

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Hass also considering there future in f1.The owner is considering weather it is financially viable in 2021.Storm clouds brewing.

Hass thinking long and hard about there future in f1 if it does not stack up financially then the owner will call it a day for 2021.Storm clouds are brewing.

I wonder if F- E has any bearing on their thinking? All the big car makers are already putting out electric cars even in some of their big selling models. It's not the top problem but; a 50 million salary for a year's driving along with everyone else's pay has got to have an impact . And there's only of course one WCC team and one WDC driver. All the rules and one tire Co. doesn't help either.

True it's all about sharing the love.Freedom of choice with e racing and a better spread of the capital.More importantly it's clean energy racing this will be the future.f1 has to many stop and go signs to many rules and the freedom of choice e.g. tires etc.As time goes on f1 will find itself under immense pressure this pressure has started.The reluctance of teams to renew beyond 2021 could very well signal the start of a new era completely. Liberty would be very nervous especially with 2020 coming and going so quickly.

One thing for sure is F-E needs real race tracks, not just the street versions. It's hard to believe how any driver finishes a race without damage or DNF ! Most drivers have F-1 experience and that for sure helps when it gets tight on the turns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    One thing for sure is F-E needs real race tracks, not just the street versions. It's hard to believe how any driver finishes a race without damage or DNF ! Most drivers have F-1 experience and that for sure helps when it gets tight on the turns etc.
    I agree that the circuits used for FE are mostly uninspiring and the limitations imposed by the electric range will restrict the use of proper circuits until the range has increased. The overtaking opportunities are also few when the tracks are so narrow and enclosed, hence the incident rates, it's more like banger racing sometimes. For me it can never replace combustion-engined racing, however much the noise has been dumbed down since the hybrid era began, but sadly I think this is where it's all heading.

Ah ! I forgot about the limited range. You are right. I hope there working on that. They managed to go from 2 cars per driver to one, so maybe there's hope in the near future .