Thread: 2019 USGP

2019 USGP

Hi!

I am new to the forum.
    I have browsed for years and am a huge Ferrari fan.

I joined to ask a question. I am planning on attending the USGP and I have never been to the race in Austin. I went several times to Indy to watch Schumi race.
    Indy was great because not only did you have the race, but lots of activities in downtown Indy like F1 festival, Ferrari Club would gather and show cars and it was easy to get food and drink at all the restaurants.
    It was a great venue with plenty to do.

My question is this year will be my first USGP in Austin and would like some suggestions for hotels, activities, what to do and what not to do, is there any gatherings in downtown Austin? or is it all at the track.
    I would love some suggestions and helpful hints.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GSAN View Post
    Hi!

I am new to the forum.
    I have browsed for years and am a huge Ferrari fan.

I joined to ask a question. I am planning on attending the USGP and I have never been to the race in Austin. I went several times to Indy to watch Schumi race.
    Indy was great because not only did you have the race, but lots of activities in downtown Indy like F1 festival, Ferrari Club would gather and show cars and it was easy to get food and drink at all the restaurants.
    It was a great venue with plenty to do.

My question is this year will be my first USGP in Austin and would like some suggestions for hotels, activities, what to do and what not to do, is there any gatherings in downtown Austin? or is it all at the track.
    I would love some suggestions and helpful hints.

Thank you.
    Sure. I went in 2012...the first race.

If you want to stay in downtown Austin, expect to pay $2000 USD a night at a Courtyard Marriot. All hotels in downtown Austin are booked. BOOK IT RIGHT NOW if you have'nt to get ahead of the pricing.

Parties are all on 6th street....all 3 days....Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Getting to the track is not that big of a problem should you rent a car. Race day, it could take you 3 to 4 hours to get out depending on where your parking lot is.

A bottle of water 20oz ran for $8 USD at the track.

Port-o-potties were everwhere and in the thousands.

Get Turn1 or Turn12 tickets. High up too.

Take a camera with at least a 400mm lens or better.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 1st January 2019 at 23:48.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I was there in 2012 too!

Austin is a great track to see lots of of the track. I sat at turn 15 and could see a crazy amount of the track.

Post above is perfect advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Sure. I went in 2012...the first race.

If you want to stay in downtown Austin, expect to pay $2000 USD a night at a Courtyard Marriot. All hotels in downtown Austin are booked. BOOK IT RIGHT NOW if you have'nt to get ahead of the pricing.

Parties are all on 6th street....all 3 days....Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Getting to the track is not that big of a problem should you rent a car. Race day, it could take you 3 to 4 hours to get out depending on where your parking lot is.

A bottle of water 20oz ran for $8 USD at the track.

Port-o-potties were everwhere and in the thousands.

Get Turn1 or Turn12 tickets. High up too.

Take a camera with at least a 400mm lens or better.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
    Agree with all of this. I went in 2012 and sat at the exit of T11.

6th Street was a lot of fun.

We stayed in New Brounfels, between Austin and San Antonio. We made the mistake of taking the free buses to the track. DO NOT DO THAT! Pay for parking.

All the photos I shot were with a 80-400mm lens but most were in the 300mm range.

Attached Images Attached Images