Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: 2019 WEC,IMSA and ELMS&MLC thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Great to see hope the marshals are ok!

What do you think of my toy I posted above?
    Like it mate. Love coffee. Im lucky. I get same coffee as they have in af corse hospitality ����was lucky enough to ask right person who had the company as personal sponsor.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Like it mate. Love coffee. Im lucky. I get same coffee as they have in af corse hospitality ����was lucky enough to ask right person who had the company as personal sponsor.
    That's really cool! You've got all the right connections Love my little Gaggia, I get my coffee from a local coffee shop, it's roasted locally as well and never get more than 2 weeks from the roasted on date so it's always fresh. I've got a little burr grinder as well so I grind it right before brewing.

Huh? #51 track limit warning, the Aston's have been going all fours off the track all race!

Huh? #51 track limit warning, the Aston's have been going all fours off the track all race!
    Games between porsche and us. James would been saying gimmi going off track and gimmi would been doing same.

What a race. Didnt get podium but haopy with that in pro. Al, monster stints and amazing job.

And yaaaaaay 83 wim gte am. One hand on titles for am now. Need strong le mans to take it.

It hurts being beaten by Porsche and Aston in GTE Pro and the team deserved better, at least GTE-Am was a complete success. Thanks for keeping us in the loop Rob and 458 Italia. Enjoy the coffee, I need something stronger after today's GP. Salute.

Congratulations to Takuma Sato!!! Winning the Indy 500 again!

The old man has still got it

Just started watching the 240, have I missed anything?

Just started watching the 240, have I missed anything?
    Been couple spins but nothing to bad. One sc for p3 car tyre exploding.

Oh no, sc duval upside down. Off at signes.

Maybe not signes.

The Porsche needs to stop again but I think it's still got the win.

Ermmmmmmmmmm talking out of my a, my live timing didn't update
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 29th August 2020 at 20:06.

received_663153607625683.jpeg

Domenico just sent me this

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    received_663153607625683.jpeg

Domenico just sent me this
    Shame it wasn't the red of #51 under the night sky

FB_IMG_1598795913177.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there anything on anywhere this weekend? Nothing is on my calendar.

Duh! of course there is! GT racing at Nürburgring.
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 5th September 2020 at 11:29.

8 hours of Bahrain has started #51 started in 3rd and that's where it's running currently.

The driver line-up has been changed for this race due to the GT World Challenge tomorrow, racing at Sebring as well.

Just under five hours left to race AF Corse are currently 2nd and 5th, it's not really been Ferrari's race but it's all very close.

AF Corse #54 is 2nd in GTE AM.

Idiot #56 Porsche turns into Serra and causes #51 a left rear puncture and damage.

Ah Serra may have locked up as well

Absolute disaster for #51 this is costing so much time and the car may not be able to continue. James Calado's championship fight is over.

Absolute disaster for #51 this is costing so much time and the car may not be able to continue. James Calado's championship fight is over.
    Not a good day for Ferrari drivers, but I'd swap the Bahrain weather for the Turkey weather in a heartbeat. Luck has not been on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Not a good day for Ferrari drivers, but I'd swap the Bahrain weather for the Turkey weather in a heartbeat. Luck has not been on our side.
    I didn't even realise there was F1 this weekend!

This is the end of the LMP era today, we shall see what the new hyper-car class brings, I feel it may be a step backwards but we shall see!

Looks like AF #71 will finish a respectable 3rd in PRO and #83 will finish 2nd in AM. Thanks to the poor reliability of the Aston Martins!

I didn't even realise there was F1 this weekend!

This is the end of the LMP era today, we shall see what the new hyper-car class brings, I feel it may be a step backwards but we shall see!

Looks like AF #71 will finish a respectable 3rd in PRO and #83 will finish 2nd in AM. Thanks to the poor reliability of the Aston Martins!
    Not all bad then, but pity for James, I wish we could go back to the old days when sportscar racing was full of Ferrari 512s and Porsche 917s and none of this BoP nonsense, but it's not going to happen. Most people don't have the time to watch WEC races as they last for hours so you have to be die-hard supporters or there in person, even some F1 races are too long and I've been a fan since the 60s. Always been a Ferrari tifoso, though, and no other team except Alfa has got into my blood!

Was good race yesterday. James missed title. That porsche should been looking better as Daniel had that corner and passing slower car. Shame, but great race for 62 grimes was on fire. And the drama of 82. What an emotional roller coaster that was. I messaged andrea who working on 82, said not lookjng good as first couple hours was at back, he said wait and see.

Andy, unfortunately, f1 now is way to much of a joke to watch. Its lewis x's show and if you dont fall in line with his views and beliefs then all hell breaks out. And, and he not liking race, all little dramas. Oh my tyres guys. Oh cannt get passed guys help blah blah blah then bang fastest laps, and wins.. The skill of racing gone, drs, one stop races. All to predictable.

Wec, gt world challenge, elms, yes, long races. But, its better, closer, friendly. All close racing, yes bop is**** but its way make all nearly equal. Fornthe grrat racing we get. So, not to get what we seen in f1. One team totally dominate. And becomes and spending war to find 0.1 of a second.

Nowadays, can watch 90% of all endurance racing via youtube, listen comms via radiolemans and have played through phone. Wec is bit different have to pay motorsport.tv whuch is only 3.99. When leave house, i will put comms on phone and listen while out so dont miss anything.

Didn't even know f1 was on either this weekend

Didn't even know f1 was on either this weekend

I know how you feel, Rob, and understand why you look to WEC and other sportscar series, you also have a close relationship with the AF Corse team so you feel connected! I'm not tech-savvy enough to want to use a phone to watch or listen when I'm doing other things, I have enough trouble keeping up with some F1 races and hate to be disturbed when it's on, that's why I never comment until after a race! But I do follow WEC/AF Corse and know that the races within races can be just as exciting. I'm sure you already know that we managed P3/4 in Istanbul today, so all round it was a good day compared to what we have had to endure this year!