Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2019 WEC,IMSA and ELMS&MLC thread.

It's not how start but how you finish.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Head to Florida for the first race of the FIA WEC Super Season in 2019.

The FIA World Endurance Championship WEC resumes this year in Sebring. Team REBELLION Racing is preparing for the seventh race of the Super Season nearly four months after the 6 Hours of Shanghai. As a reminder, Nathanaël Berthon joins the REBELLION R-13 N. 3 crew and Mathias Beche replaces André Lotterer at the wheel of the N.1 car.
    See you on March 13th for the first free practice sessions!

R-13 N. 1: Bruno Senna, Neel Jani, Mathias Beche
    R-13 N. 3: Thomas Laurent, Gustavo Menezes, Nathanaël Berthon

“After a long break, we are back to racing! I was there in 2012 when the first race in WEC was in Sebring and it is nice to be back to this classic endurance track with the world championship! The atmosphere is always great! It will be a tough challenge for our car with all the bumps but let‘s see what we can do!”

Neel Jani, N. 1 driver
    “I started my collaboration with REBELLION in Sebring, so going back there will be something special. I am proud to have been able to take N. 3 to the highest with Thomas and Gustavo but this time I will be on the N. 1. I cannot wait to find the R-13 to take up the American challenge!”

Mathias Beche, N. 1 driver
    “I cannot wait to get to Florida to join the whole Team, to mold the new seat and of course to drive in the collective tests. I’m looking forward to discovering the American atmosphere!”

Thomas Laurent, N. 3 driver
    “Sebring will be my first race with REBELLION Racing, I really want to start this new collaboration and I cannot wait to meet my future teammates. I don’t know Sebring, this circuit is very complicated because there are not many clearances. The goal is to make a race without any mistake to bring big points to the Team.”

Nathanaël Berthon, N. 3 driver

Schedule - 1000 Miles of Sebring
    Wednesday, March 13th
    03:00 pm - 04:30 pm - Free Practice 1
    07:45 pm - 09:15 pm - Free Practice 2

Thursday, March 14th
    04:15 pm - 05:15 pm - Free Practice 3
    10:00 pm - 10:20 pm - Qualifying Session

Friday, March 15th
    04:00 pm - 12:00 am - 1000 Miles of Sebring

Nice pics Rob

BoP strikes again at 1000 miles of Sebring, Ferrari did well to finish 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    BoP strikes again at 1000 miles of Sebring, Ferrari did well to finish 4th.
    its not good, but im not thinking about it or letting it judge my feelings towards the racing. Had enough of it especially after we were not allowed to use the full evo kit at the start of the year.

ON THE GTE-AM PODIUM AT SEBRING
    ferrari-media

In the GTE-Pro class the rain and safety car hampers no. 51’s podium chances in the final stages; no.71 posts sixth place
    In GTE-Am, the no. 54, the Spirit of Race finished second with Giancarlo Fisichella, Thomas Flohr and Franco Castellacci. The Ferrari of MR Racing came fifth; no. 61 of Clearwater Racing did not start
    Sebring, 16th march 2019 – The 1000 Miles of Sebring, the sixth round of the World Endurance Championship (WEC) Super Season wraps up with Ferrari on the podium: the Spirit of Race 488 GTE no. 54, driven by Giancarlo Fisichella, Thomas Flohr and Franco Castellacci. The result reaffirms the great Prancing Horse tradition at the Florida track. The race was marked by several safety car interventions, the last of which put paid to Ferrari’s podium bid in the GTE-Pro class.

GTE-Pro. The Sebring track was expected to be an arduous one for the AF Corse cars, given that engine power – limited by the Balance of Performance – proved decisive, above all in the acceleration phases and along the long straights. The Ferraris, nevertheless, endeavored to keep a rein on the gap with adversaries so as to stage surprise attacks whilst employing a particularly conservative fuel and tire consumption strategy. The choice proved a correct one, so much so that the no. 51 driven by Alessandro Pier Guidi, James Calado and Daniel Serra missed out on a podium place and no. 71 with Davide Rigon, Sam Bird and Miguel Molina at the wheel, came sixth. A downpour 25 minutes from the end and, more importantly, the safety car which entered nine minutes before the chequered flag due to an accident involving a prototype, prevented the Ferrari crews from achieving a better result. The Porsche no. 91 driven by Lietz-Bruni won the race.

GTE-Am. Meanwhile it was mission accomplished for Ferrari no. 54, the Spirit of Race team, yesterday a brilliant fourth in qualifying. In the restart after the second safety car, Fisichella performed a very effective stint that catapulted the team into second position, in full tussle with Bergmeister’s Porsche, which resulted in contact during an attempt to overtake. The manoeuvre was judged very harshly by race authorities who forced the no. 54 in for a stop & go. The decision did little to discourage the crew who, thanks to a very swift, consistent pace and an excellent job by the pit crew, were soon back in the battle for victory. A safety car, however, in the final stretches put an end to hopes of success, but did not dampen a well-deserved runner-up spot. The race proved to be a very solid, positive test for the second Ferrari that took part to the race. The 488 GTE no. 61, the Clearwater Racing team, did not start due to the accident which occurred in yesterday’s qualifying. MR Racing’s car, with Olivier Beretta, Motoaki Ishikawa and Eddie Cheever III behind the wheel, posted fifth place after a careful yet error-free race.

Next round. The FIA WEC moves on to the Six Hours of Spa-Francorchamps scheduled for 2nd to 4th May.

Track. Sebring, Florida: 6.019 m

Weather. Sunny, than cloudy with heavy rain at the end of the race.

Race results GTE-Pro class

1) 91 LIETZ / BRUNI – Porsche 911 RSR – Porsche GT Team| 8:01:10.119

2) 81 TOMCZYK / CATSBURG / SIMS – BMW M8 GTE – BMW Team MTEK | + 0.816

3) 67 PRIAULX / TINCKNELL / BOMARITO – Ford GT – Ford Chip Ganassi Team UK | 1 Lap

4) 51 PIER GUIDI / CALADO / SERRA – Ferrari 488 GTE EVO – AF Corse | 1 Lap

5) 92 CHRISTENSEN / ESTRE – Porsche 911 RSR – Porsche GT Team | 1 Lap

6) 71 RIGON / BIRD / MOLINA – Ferrari 488 GTE EVO – AF Corse | 1 Lap

Race results GTE-Am

1) 77 RIED / ANDLAUER / CAMPBELL – Porsche 911 RSR – Dempsey – Proton Racing | 8:00:56.374

2) 54 FLOHR / CASTELLACCI / FISICHELLA – Ferrari F488 GTE – Spirit of Race | + 12.538

3) 56 BERGMEISTER / LINDSEY / PERFETTI – Porsche 911 RSR – Team Project 1 | + 20.084

4) 86 WAINWRIGHT / BARKER / PREINING – Porsche 911 RSR – Gulf Racing | + 20.151

5) 70 ISHIKAWA / BERETTA / CHEEVER – Ferrari F488 GTE – MR Racing | 1 Lap

6) 6 YOLUC / ADAM / EASTWOOD – Aston Martin Vantage – 90 TF Sport | 1 Lap

VICTORY FOR TOYOTA GAZOO RACING AT SEBRING

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing conquered the 1000 Miles of Sebring to extend its advantage in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) with a one-two victory in the sixth round of the 2018-2019 season.

Sébastien Buemi, Kazuki Nakajima and Fernando Alonso in the #8 TS050 HYBRID took the chequered flag after eight hours to win their third race of the season in front a large and enthusiastic Florida crowd to stretch their World Championship lead to 15 points.

Mike Conway, Kamui Kobayashi and José María López overcame a mid-race delay for accident repairs to earn second in the #7 TS050 HYBRID, one lap behind, achieving the team’s fifth one-two of the season. Kamui’s fastest lap of 1min 41.800secs set a new race record and wrote another chapter in Sebring’s history, following Fernando’s all-time fastest-ever lap in Thursday’s qualifying.

The team’s first race at Sebring began in bright sunshine and with air temperature of 28°C as Sébastien, in the pole-sitting #8, established himself as race leader from the beginning, with José putting pressure on just behind in the second-placed #7.

That pattern continued until a brief rain shower just before the two-hour mark. Soon after that the #17 SMP car crashed heavily, causing a full course yellow and then a safety car to repair barrier damage. That closed the field, bringing Kamui in the #7 closer to Fernando in the #8 and the battle resumed after 15 minutes.

Despite adverse forecasts, heavy rain in the local area missed the track and the TS050 HYBRIDs kept up a close fight as darkness fell. At half distance, Kazuki in the #8 was holding off a charging Mike just a few seconds behind, with both cars three laps clear of the third-placed #3 Rebellion.

But a titanic duel between the two TOYOTAs was brought to an early end after four-and-a-half hours when José, at the wheel of the #7, suffered a minor contact with the #90 Aston Martin. That required a change of engine cover and rear bodywork, which cost four minutes in the pits, putting the car a lap down.

With that clear margin, Sébastien in the #8 took a no-risk approach through the famously-difficult Sebring traffic, taking care to protect his lead. The #7 crew showed strong spirit to come back from the disappointment of losing a lap and set competitive times to comfortably extend their advantage over third place.

The final three hours of the race looked to be passing without major incident as the TS050 HYBRIDs once again demonstrated remarkable reliability on a circuit famed for being tough on cars and drivers. However, the Florida weather intervened and rain began to fall around half an hour from the end.

With the chequered flag approaching, the intensity of the rain increased and both cars pitted with 20 minutes remaining to change to wet Michelin tyres. But as conditions worsened, both cars returned to pit lane to switch to extreme wet tyres with the target of simply avoiding any incident and reaching the flag safely.

That became slightly easier when a safety car was called with only 12 minutes remaining due to an accident for an LMP2 car. With heavy rain continuing, even driving behind the safety car was challenging but Kazuki stayed calm and brought the #8 home for victory, followed by Mike in the #7.

That means, with two races remaining in the 2018-2019 season, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing leads the teams’ World Championship by 53 points going into the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps on 4 May, when its target will be to seal the teams’ World Championship with a race to spare.

Hisatake Murata, Team President: “I am very pleased that TOYOTA GAZOO Racing and our TS050 HYBRID is the first winner of the 1000 Miles of Sebring. Our visit to Sebring has been challenging but successful. Everyone in the team adjusted very well to the different requirements here and pushed really hard to achieve this result. Thanks to them and also a big thank you to the fans here in Florida; they have made our first visit here really special with their passion for endurance racing and their warm welcome. I hope they enjoyed the race and I wish everyone an exciting and successful Sebring 12 Hours tomorrow.”

TS050 HYBRID #7
    Race: 2nd, 252 laps, 13 pit stops. Grid: 2nd. Fastest lap: 1min 41.800secs

Mike Conway (TS050 HYBRID #7): “Another one-two is a good result for everybody on the team. We pushed hard all the way through and it was a nice fight in the first half of the race. We all had some close moments out there; you get so close to the GT cars. At the end the conditions were really tricky; it was like driving on ice, particularly on the concrete sections. It’s a pity that we lost out today but we still have Spa and Le Mans coming up so we will keep pushing.”

Kamui Kobayashi (TS050 HYBRID #7): “Car #8 did a great job and deserved this win. We fought hard but after the contact we could not challenge. Still we showed our spirit and continued to push in the second half of the race even though it was not easy. It’s important not to give up. For the team, finishing one-two is a great result so thanks a lot to them for their hard work; the big preparation paid off here.”

José María López (TS050 HYBRID #7): “Congratulations to car #8; our team-mates did a fantastic job. It was a very hard race and from my side I was struggling a bit in traffic today. I was trying to catch Séb and I just misjudged a move on a GT car. We were unlucky but these things can happen sometimes and after that I just looked forward and kept pushing. Fortunately the car wasn’t badly damaged and we could finish the race. I am pretty happy with second place in this hard race.”

TS050 HYBRID #8
    Race: 1st, 253 laps, 13 pit stops. Grid: 1st. Fastest lap: 1min 42.360secs

Sébastien Buemi (TS050 HYBRID #8): “I am really pleased to be in the middle of the podium again after quite a long wait. It was a tricky race because the traffic here is not easy. In my first stint José was really quick so I had to push. We wanted to make a gap but the #7 was within 10 seconds for many hours until they had the contact. I did the best I could to minimise the risk and stay cool. When the #7 had the contact we took it easy and just got to the end without any dramas.”

Kazuki Nakajima (TS050 HYBRID #8): “It’s great to win here in Sebring, especially after such a tough race. Maybe it looked straightforward from the outside but in my first stint I had a bit of traffic so it was already hard. When I jumped in at the end I knew what I had to do; get to the end without any risk. I was happy with the car in dry conditions but not at all happy in the end in the rain. Visibility and grip were amazingly low so I was really happy to see the chequered flag.”

Fernando Alonso (TS050 HYBRID #8): “It is a happy day for us. We came here to this very difficult circuit and we did a lot of testing and preparation. We went into the weekend feeling confident we would have a strong race, particularly starting from pole position. From the lead of the race, we tried to manage the risk. The rain was very stressful but Kazuki did a fantastic job in difficult conditions to bring home another win at a historic venue for endurance racing. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    its not good, but im not thinking about it or letting it judge my feelings towards the racing. Had enough of it especially after we were not allowed to use the full evo kit at the start of the year.
    Missed the race as I was travelling. I was going to watch the race replay, but it turns out my subscription didn't cover the last 3 races which is a real kick in the teeth when combined with these neverending BoP shenanigans. I don't think I'll bother renewing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Missed the race as I was travelling. I was going to watch the race replay, but it turns out my subscription didn't cover the last 3 races which is a real kick in the teeth when combined with these neverending BoP shenanigans. I don't think I'll bother renewing.
    who is your subscription with?

Honestly if dont worry about the Toyotas and try not to get to worked up about BoP, it was a good race.

Grazie for the update Rob, had seen the results already and despite all the effort with strategy, the GTE Pro boys lost out but the GTE Am ragazzi sort of made up for it. Damn that BoP nonsense.

JMW MOTORSPORT CONFIRM 2019 ELMS LINE-UP
    Press Release - JMW Motorsport

JMW Motorsport team up with Cressoni, Lu, Segal and Ferrari of Vancouver to contest 2019 European Le Mans Series.

ELMS stalwarts and fan favourites, JMW Motorsport are excited to bring some international flavour and flair to their 2019 ELMS assault.

Teaming up with Ferrari of Vancouver, the 2017 Champions and 2018 Vice Champions bring a seasoned trio of drivers to the competitive series in Matteo Cressoni (ITA), Wei Lu (CAN) and Jeff Segal (USA). All three drivers boast enviable experience with Ferrari and notably the Ferrari 488 as sported by JMW Motorsport. With the backing of Ferrari of Vancouver, the team will be displaying across the six European rounds just why this Championship and Ferrari creates such a buzz across all borders.

This line up reunites Wei Lu and Jeff Segal who raced the Ferrari 488 GT3 in 2018 in the Pirelli World Challenge Sprint-X Championship, USA which marked the move into the professional racing scene for Lu after making his mark from 2013, culminating in no less than five victories and seven poles on his way to second in the 2017 Ferrari Challenge. For Segal, whose 15 years of experience include such highlights as winning the 2016 Le Mans 24Hrs LM GTE-AM class, 2016 12Hrs of Sebring GTD and the 2014 Rolex 24 at Daytona GTD, 2018 further embedded his fervour for being behind the wheel of a Ferrari 488 GT3.

Matteo Cressoni has also been under the spell of the Ferrari 488 GT3 having raced the model in a wide range of endurance events and series since 2016 including impressive 2nd places in the 2016 24Hrs of Spa and 2017 12hrs of Sebring.
    Alongside the backing of Ferrari of Vancouver, JMW are pleased to continue their long and valued partnership with AJ Power and Redlaw.

Jim McWhirter, JMW Motorsport Team Principal:
    “We are really looking forward to the 2019 ELMS Championship with a renewed vigour after missing out in 2018. We have a new exciting driver line up who all have Ferrari experience in a variety of competitive championships.
    Jeff Segal who we worked with at Le Mans 2018 and the Spa test brings a wealth of committed competitive experience to the Team
    Matteo Cressoni who is a well-respected peddler with a strong Ferrari heritage will be a real asset to the Team. Wei Lu who we met at the Spa 2018 test is also really committed to the programme – starting on a new adventure with great ambition and enthusiasm. A J Power and Redlaw will again bring their valued support for the season ahead
    New season – new challenges- bring it on”

Wei Lu:
    “I’m really excited to join JMW Motorsport in the European Le Mans Series. I think we are ready for the challenge that lies ahead, especially with the winning pedigree that JMW has. I’m very happy to continue racing on the global stage, and with Ferrari of Vancouver still by my side”

Matteo Cressoni:
    “To be back in ELMS after five years is something incredible for me. It is clear from racing against JMW that they are one of the most professional teams around. We have a very strong line-up, and the target is to fight for the podium at every race.”

Jeff Segal:
    “This program is the culmination of several years of work with Wei and Ferrari of Vancouver, and to have the chance to participate in the ELMS with JMW Motorsport and this driver line-up, it feels like the stars have aligned.
    I got to know the JMW team last year when I drove for them at Le Mans, and I really admired their approach. This is a big challenge for us, but one that we are all looking forward to.”

The rubber hits the road on 8-9th April for the official test session at Le Castellet, France before the season starts with the first 4Hr race taking place at the same circuit on 14th April.

ELMS Girl Power

For the first time in its history an all female driver line up will enter the European Le Mans Series as a full season entry. Manuela Gostner (Italy), Rahel Frey (Switzerland) and Michelle Gatting (Denmark) will race at the wheel of the n°83 Kessel Racing F488 GTE in 2019 starting at the 4 Hours of Le Castellet in April.

The trio finished 6th overall during the Gulf 12 Hours in Abu Dhabi, and finished on the GT3 Pro/Am podium with a credible 2nd place in class at the wheel of the Kessel Racing Ferrari F488 GT3. This result has demonstrated how strong this line-up will be in the ELMS LMGTE category and there is no doubt that they will be fighting for the top step of the podium at each of the six rounds on the 2019 calendar.

The three women are well known in endurance racing. Manuela Gostner raced several years in the Ferrari Challenge Coppa World Championship, where she finished as one of the ten best drivers. In 2017 and 2018 she entered the European GT4 Championship, driving a Maserati Gran Turismo run by Villorba Corse. Finally, last season, she made her debut in Michelin Le Mans Cup in Portimão, driving the n°83 Kessel Racing Ferrari F488 GT3 alongside Giorgio Sernagiotto.

Rahel Frey is an official Audi Sport driver and the highly rated Swiss racer has competed in several championships such as the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0, the DTM and the ADAC GT Masters. In 2010 she made her 24 Hours of Le Mans debut with Matech Competition in the LMGT1 category, joining Natacha Gachnang and Cyndie Allemann to form the last all female line-up seen in Le Mans.

Michelle Gatting is used to the Danish tracks where she competed in the Formula Ford Denmark, the OK Mobil 1 Danish Supertourisme Turbo and the MASCOT Danish Thundersport Championship. At 25-years-old Michelle is the youngest member of the Kessel Racing driver line-up.

The aim of the team will be, of course, to fight at the front and finish at the top of the ELMS LMGTE class. Participating at the 24 Hours of Le Mans is also part of the Kessel Racing project. The ACO will announce the names of the teams for the remaining places on the 2019 entry list at the beginning of March and the Swiss team hope that they will receive an entry for their all female squad.

The team’s participation in the 2019 European Le Mans Series is supported by the FIA Women in Motorsport programme that aims to help promote the participation of women in all aspects of the Motorsport.

Michèle Mouton, President of the FIA Women in Motorsport Commission: “After a great first outing together at the Gulf 12 Hour race in Abu Dhabi last year, Manuela, Rahel and Michelle have been given a well-deserved opportunity to compete in the full ELMS season. Being given that chance by Kessel Racing, which fields top-class racing cars, really goes to show that female racers are more than capable of fighting at the front when they are given the right opportunities. A really big thank you to Kessel Racing, to the ELMS and the ACO for their support. Naturally we will be following their results with great interest.”

Gérard Neveu, CEO European Le Mans Series: “We are really proud to welcome Manuela, Rahel and Michelle to the ELMS paddock and with the FIA and the ACO we will support them in their ambition to compete at the very top of endurance racing, the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The ELMS has always been supportive of women taking part in our sport, whether as a team manager, engineer, mechanic or as driver. We hope that this 100% female line-up will become a source of inspiration for the next generation of competitors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    who is your subscription with?

Honestly if dont worry about the Toyotas and try not to get to worked up about BoP, it was a good race.
    The official WEC site (not Apple or anyone else). A bit disappointing the season pack (the only one available at the time) didn't include the 'super season'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    The official WEC site (not Apple or anyone else). A bit disappointing the season pack (the only one available at the time) didn't include the 'super season'.
    oh ok. I have never used that for streaming.

Should try motorsport.tv first month is free then about 3.99 month after that. Got all WEC stuff old Le-Mans races, there is alot on there.

https://uk.motorsport.tv/
    Last edited by Rob; 23rd March 2019 at 20:26.

Watching Hankook 12H MUGELLO 2019 Race Part 2 LIVE on youtube.

Carlin announce driver line-up for ELMS
    Press Release - Carlin

Thunderhead Carlin Racing has already confirmed it will run a Dallara P217 in the series, the only team on the grid to do so, and is pleased to announce 24 Hours of Le Mans LMP2 winner Harry Tincknell and Ben Barnicoat will join Jack Manchester in an all British team. Tincknell will however miss the opening round and will be replaced by the very talented Olivier Pla.
    Joining the team for the 2019 season Barnicoat said, “I’m delighted to be joining Thunderhead Carlin Racing for the 2019 European Le Mans series season. I’m extremely grateful to both Thunderhead and Trevor Carlin for giving me this opportunity to test my skills in the Dallara LMP2 machinery against some of the best drivers out there. I’ve been close with Carlin for many years but never had the opportunity to represent the team, I am extremely excited. I have great team mates in both Jack, who’s progressing rapidly, and Harry, who I am a big fan of and greatly respect, so I’m confident we will be a force to be reckoned with.”

2016 ELMS victor Tincknell, who will race for the team from Monza onwards added, “I can’t wait to get started with Thunderhead Carlin Racing at Monza. Jack and I are good friends and he’s really going places in sportscars, while Ben is already very established. As a trio, and with Carlin’s pedigree, we have an exciting year ahead! It’s great to be back racing with the team that guided and coached me back in my Formula 3 years, I wouldn’t be where I am now without them. I am sure Carlin’s debut sportscar season in the Thunderhead colours will be the start of something very special.”

Manchester, who was previously announced as embarking on a LMP2 programme with Carlin, said, “I am very excited to be racing with Ben and Harry, two incredibly talented fellow British drivers. We all get on extremely well, already there is a great team spirit and to get the opportunity to race with Olivier at Paul Ricard is a real bonus. It is going to be an exciting debut season for Thunderhead Carlin Racing.”

Substituting for the opening race of the season in Paul Ricard, Pla said of the upcoming race, “I am looking forward to joining Thunderhead Carlin Racing for their debut in endurance racing in the ELMS championship and sharing the car with Jack and Ben. It will be a new experience for most of the team and I look forward to helping them in Harry’s absence.”

Team Principal Trevor Carlin said, “We are extremely pleased to welcome Thunderhead to the team as a partner going forward. The ethos of the company is very similar to that of us here at Carlin – innovative, extremely professional and very proud of their reputation and results. We believe that this partnership will provide a fantastic foundation for the season ahead and we cannot wait for the first round in Paul Ricard next month.

“Together we have created an exciting team of drivers. Jack, who is a very promising driver at the start of his career in sportscars, will have a great mentor in Harry who we know from our days together in Formula Three. Similarly, Ben is an extremely exciting driver who has made a big impact in testing and we have the best super sub you could wish for in Olivier for the first round. It’s going to be an exciting season.”

Thunderhead CMO Jason Hemingway said, “We feel as though there are parallels between Thunderhead and Carlin in terms of first-class engineering, impressive design and performance and a relentless commitment to innovation to achieve results. At Thunderhead we are continuously evolving and developing pioneering technology and we can see this level of commitment from Carlin too – it’s certainly a natural synergy. I’m looking forward to partnering as Thunderhead Carlin Racing and supporting Olivier and the young British driver trio Jack, Harry and Ben in the exciting season ahead.”

Big Grid Promises Plenty of Action at Le Castellet

The waiting is nearly over with the 2019 European Le Mans Series ready to get underway at Le Castellet next week. The 4 Hours of Le Castellet is Round 1 of the six-race series with 41 cars and 111 drivers due to take the start on Sunday 14 April. The huge international grid will feature the largest gathering of LMP2 cars outside of the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the cream of endurance racing driver talent.

The grid features teams and drivers from twenty-five different nations from all over the globe.

Biggest LMP2 grid ever seen in ELMS

The LMP2 class will feature 18 cars and leading the way is the reigning LMP2 champions, G-Drive Racing. 2018 drivers co-champion Roman Rusinov also returns to defend his title and is joined by LMP3 champion Job Van Uitert from The Netherlands and French driver Norman Nato.

2018 LMP2 co-champion Andrea Pizzitola switches from G-Drive Racing to Algarve Pro Racing in the no25 Oreca-Gibson, the French driver racing alongside Americans Mark Patterson and 2017 LMP3 champion John Falb.

LMP3 team champions RLR MSport move up to the LMP2 category with reigning drivers champion John Farano from Canada being joined by reigning LMP2 World Endurance Champion Bruno Senna and India’s Arjun Maini.

There is plenty of local interest in LMP2 for the fans at Le Castellet with French teams Graff, Panis Barthez Competition, IDEC Sport and Duqueine Engineering and 16 drivers proudly flying the French Tricolor for their home race.

LMP3: 14 cars on track

There are 14 entries in the LMP3 class with all of the front running teams returning to battle for the ultimate honour of becoming European Champions. 2018 Champions RLR MSport will run an LMP3 Ligier alongside their LMP2 Oreca, while their main rivals in 2018, Inter Europol Competition, return with a two-car entry with vice champion Martin Hippe and Nigel Moore racing in the no13 Ligier.

Former champions United Autosports will field a two-car entry with 2016 champions Christian England and Mike Guasch in the no3 Ligier.

The LMP3 grid will feature two French teams, Ultimate and M Racing, with five French drivers hoping for top honours at their home event.

LMGTE: Ferrari vs Porsche

Competing in a class of nine cars, LMGTE Champions Proton Competition are back on the grid. The German team return with a new driver line up in the no88 Porsche (Horst Felbermayr Jr, Marco Seefried, Thomas Preining), with a second Porsche running under the Dempsey-Proton Racing banner for WEC and ELMS race winners Christian Ried and Matteo Cairoli, with Riccardo Pera joining them in the driving duties.

The race at the Circuit Paul Ricard will be one for the history books as the first all-female driver line up will take to the ELMS grid. All eyes will be on the no83 Kessel Racing Ferrari to see how Manuela Gostner, Rahel Frey and Michelle Gatting get on as they prepare for their biggest test in June when they will compete at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Fabien Lavergne is the sole French representative on the LMGTE grid, joining reigning LMGTE World Endurance Champion Alessandro Pier Guidi and Denmarks Nicklas Nielsen in the Luzich Racing Ferrari.

The 4 Hours of Le Castellet will take place at the Circuit Paul Ricard on the 12-14 April and is Round 1 of the 2019 European Le Mans Series. The race weekend is preceded by the two day of Official Tests on Monday 8 and Tuesday 9 April, the first opportunity to see the 2019 grid on the same track.

Speaking to Manu (Manuela Gostner) and told her that Keira big Ferrari and GT fan and would love to come and meet and see an all women crew at Silverstone. Manu said to pop up to the Kessel pits, ask for her and she will take keira on a tour of car and have chats with her.
    Last edited by Rob; 3rd April 2019 at 19:46.

Derani joins Risi for Le Mans

Full-time Action Express IMSA DPi driver Pipo Derani has become the first driver to be confirmed for Risi Competizione’s 2019 Le Mans 24 Hours GTE Pro effort.

It will be the Brazilian’s first time racing with the Texas-based team, as he looks to add a Le Mans class win to an already packed resume which includes a Rolex 24 and multiple Sebring 12 Hours wins.

“We are very pleased to have Pipo join the team for Le Mans this year,” said team principal Giuseppe Risi. “He’s a well-versed racing driver, including in the Ferrari 488, and is mature beyond his young age. His enthusiasm is infectious and we’re looking forward to having him as part of the Risi Competizione family. Le Mans is a classic race and this team is always prepared for it — or any race — and after having finished second and third in recent years, we are more than ready to be back on the top step.”

This year’s edition will be Derani’s fifth Le Mans start, and second with the Ferrari 488 GTE after racing with AF Corse last year in the Italian team’s third car, finishing fifth in class. His best result from his previous outings at La Sarthe was a second-place finish in GTE Pro back in 2017, when he drove with Ford Chip Ganassi Team UK with Harry Tincknell and Andy Priaulx.

“I’m really happy to be leading the way and driving for Risi, a great team that has been showing the potential for Ferrari in America, but also at Le Mans,” said Derani. “Hopefully we can do one place better than they did back in 2016 with their second-place finish, and hopefully with my experience at Le Mans I can help lead the way for a great result. I’m really happy to be joining the Risi team and to be back at Le Mans in a Ferrari.”

This year’s entry into the Le Mans 24 Hours is Risi’s first in GTE Pro since 2017 (pictured), after it spent last year’s race running Keating Motorsport’s GTE Am effort.

https://racer.com/2019/04/04/derani-...i-for-le-mans/

interview wit the girls from Kessel

https://dai.ly/x75nuhr

ELMS - Five Ferrari crews at the 4 Hours of Le Castellet
    Maranello, 12 Apr 2019 – The European Le Mans Series season officially kicks off with the 4 Hours of Le Castellet. The prologue to the series, held as usual on the French track, was a two-day test.

Five Ferrari crews will start the endurance race on the circuit that last year hosted a round of the Formula 1 world championship, with a real hope of victory in the LMGTE class.

Kessel double. The Ferrari 488 GTE of Kessel Racing, the fastest in the recent pre-season tests, will be crewed by Claudio Schiavoni, Sergio Pianezzola and Andrea Piccini. The Swiss team will also field an all-female crew with Manuela Gostner, from the Ferrari Challenge, Rahel Frey and Michelle Gatting.

Luzich on the attack. The 488 GTE of Luzich Racing, which won the International GT Cup with Mikkel Mac in 2018, will be driven by official Competizioni GT driver Alessandro Pier Guidi, Nicklas Nielsen and Fabien Lavergne. The Swiss team did well during the pre-season test with the second fastest time behind the Ferrari of Kessel Racing.

Likely challengers. The established trio of Duncan Cameron, Matthew Griffin and Aaron Scott will once again don the colours of Spirit of Race, while Jeffrey Segal, Matteo Cressoni and Wei Lu will drive for JMW Motorsport. Jeffrey Segal and Wei Lu won the first round of the Blancpain GT World Challenge America, held at Austin, behind the wheel of the 488 GT3 of TR3 Racing.

Programme. The weekend kicks off on Friday with a free practice session, while Saturday sees the qualifying session to decide the starting grid. The race itself sets off on Sunday at 12:30 pm.

Ferrari in front row at Le Castellet

Le Castellet, 13 Apr 2019 – Alessandro Pier Guidi and Fabien Lavergne will start from the front of the grid in the opening race of the European Le Mans Series on Sunday at 12:30 pm.

Last lap. Alessandro Pier Guidi in the Ferrari 488 GTE clocked an excellent lap time of 1:52.772, just 273 thousands of a second behind poleman, Matteo Cairoli in his Porsche. The official Competizioni GT driver, driving in France for the Luzich team, set this time on the last lap.

Kessel ready. Second and third rows went to the Kessel team cars with reigning champion Andrea Piccini fourth in 1:53.645 and the all-woman crew, qualified by Michelle Gatting, fifth in 1:53.735.

At the end of 10 intense minutes of qualifying, Spirit of Race driver Matthew Griffin finished slightly behind in 1:54.672, while Jeffrey Segal recorded 1:54.709 at the wheel of the 488 GTE of JMW Motorsport.

Programme. The four-hour race will start on Sunday at 12:30 pm.

super excited for season to start today.