Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Binotto to replace Arrivabene as Ferrari F1 team boss

Binotto to replace Arrivabene as Ferrari F1 team boss

CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

hopefully strategy crew gets the boot too, please lordy
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hopefully strategy crew gets the boot too, please lordy
    and the weather guy lol

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    and the weather guy lol
    that guy should'v been gone last year already before the summer break
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

If it means we keep Binotto then it's worth it but I don't think Arrivabene is the problem we're having the same issues under Arrivabene that we had under Domencali with strategys and in season development and there's nothing he can do about Seb's mistakes

Good riddance, next it's Vettel and Ferrari can begin to mount proper title fights if Leclerc it's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Good riddance, next it's Vettel and Ferrari can begin to mount proper title fights if Leclerc it's the real deal.
    Well Vettel has already started on the wrong foot with Binotto since he was a bit vocal into keeping Arrivabene at the helm. He might regret it when it comes down to team orders from now on. It's the price one pays when drivers do more than just drive :p

Well Vettel has already started on the wrong foot with Binotto since he was a bit vocal into keeping Arrivabene at the helm. He might regret it when it comes down to team orders from now on. It's the price one pays when drivers do more than just drive :p
    The problem is that in reality and under arrivabene management kimi helped vettel a few times compared to full loyalty that Hamilton has from bottas and on the contrary they were many occasions were kimi complained/demanded and made things worse for vettel. So i find it weird that vettel wants arrivabene on the team...the only thing for sure is that if Alonso was still on Ferrari he would at least took 1 CS on vettel years on the team.

"The failure to deal with the issue of team orders in a clear manner like Mercedes did triggered unnecessary flash points between Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel at the German and Italian Grands Prix"
    As much as i love the guy I have since found it hard to forgive him for these errors that even any of us knew wouldnt have been the right thing to do. The Italian gp was probably the worst gp ive ever watched in terms if everything going wrong, it was an absolute nightmare. Its clear that team tactics needs a major shake up and also making sure our car is always moving forwards in terms of develepmont, not backwards. Im so hoping Binotto can do well as a team principal as he was designer
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Best thing Ferrari could've done. And if Vettel fails again, then good riddance to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Well...we know for sure Max is the real deal. Hopefully we will see him soon at Ferrari.

Good, I like it. Don’t know how good of a manager Binotto will be but Maurizio was disappointing. And it seems Ferrari doesn’t want to repeat the mistake of not elevating Ross Brawn against Domenicali

Arriva-derci
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Arriva-derci
    Lol....

From what I can tell Binotto will be great, hope the technical guys that take over his current role are just as good. Sure 2019 will be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    The problem is that in reality and under arrivabene management kimi helped vettel a few times compared to full loyalty that Hamilton has from bottas and on the contrary they were many occasions were kimi complained/demanded and made things worse for vettel. So i find it weird that vettel wants arrivabene on the team...the only thing for sure is that if Alonso was still on Ferrari he would at least took 1 CS on vettel years on the team.
    You can't know that for sure.

Mark Hughes
    ‏ @SportmphMark
    4h4 hours ago

Mark Hughes Retweeted Motor Sport magazine

He tried zero relationship with media as a policy and intimidation of his staff (and some media). Not a very intelligent policy.

Ouch. Can't say if the intimidation part is true but the media blockage is true.

I liked Maurizio and hoped he would continue. Too much change when the team was going forward and catching/caught Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    There is allways one to blame if you look for it.

Hopefully i hope its only rumours, idk if you guys have met him at a event or not, but i have and i think he is our guy 100%, so i would be sad if he is to leave our sport division.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoded View Post
    There is allways one to blame if you look for it.

Hopefully i hope its only rumours, idk if you guys have met him at a event or not, but i have and i think he is our guy 100%, so i would be sad if he is to leave our sport division.
    Of course, you always fire the "head coach." But lets face it, Marlboro guys (team principals) as of late have been underperforming.

What really broke the camels back for me was Monza 2018 when all the big wigs were there. He was on the track prior to the race in an interview and the guy was literally biting his nails during the interview. Talk about lack of confidence.

Sad to see him go. But if I have to choose between the two keeping binotto is a no brainer. I'm sure every manufacturer would snap him in a heartbeat if he was available.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I liked Maurizio and hoped he would continue. Too much change when the team was going forward and catching/caught Mercedes.
    Technical side certainly caught up with Mercedes, but the operational side has gone downhill. Also this is a change that was always planned. Marchionne wanted Leclerc at Ferrari and Binotto to be TP. I am happy that Camilleri/Elkann respecting Marchionne's wishes.

Finally.. M.A is a great guy but his management has always been very emotional specially with kimi always trying not to hurt his feelings, this year in Germany it was absurd that after the pitwall cost vettel the lead he was left behind kimi for 10 laps cooking his tyres which may have influenced what happened later in the race and in Italy it was equally absurd that after failing kimi in Belgium qualifying just to try and compensate for that mistake he ordered vettel who was fighting for the championship to give kimi a tow in the 2 runs of Q3 on a track that a tow has more effect as well. Mercedes had a much more ruthless and rational approach to their drivers, and when you’re in a close fight that’s the only way to win, of course there were other mistakes out of his control but his management didn’t help at all. I hope binotto has a more rational approach to the management of the team and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Technical side certainly caught up with Mercedes, but the operational side has gone downhill. Also this is a change that was always planned. Marchionne wanted Leclerc at Ferrari and Binotto to be TP. I am happy that Camilleri/Elkann respecting Marchionne's wishes.
    So far so good but my only worry is who is going to replace Binotto in the technical role. Binotto was at the helm of last years' championship challenger but from now on he won't be able to give his expertise on the new cars. It will be impossible to occupy the position of Team Manager and Technical Role...

Fingers crossed I hope he had a lot of share on the 2019 forthcoming car!

AHHH-HA....no wonder development dropped off in those 4 months in the 2nd half of the season

Autobild reported this:

"After Marchionne‘s death, Arrivabene took control of everything. And among other things he has done, he took away the control of the technology budget from Binotto. That's why the development of Vettel's Loria stopped."

" The chief technical director Binotto made it clear to the Ferrari management led by Louis Camilleri and John Elkann that things couldn‘t go on like this and threatened to leave. However, he won at the end and Maurizio had to leave."

a young Binotto with the Commandatore

So far so good but my only worry is who is going to replace Binotto in the technical role. Binotto was at the helm of last years'
    Via Autosport F1 - It is unclear who will replace Binotto as head of Ferrari's technical department, but there are suggestions the team may elect to hand more responsibility to aero chief Enrico Cardile and the head of its engine department Corrado Iotti.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Finally.. M.A is a great guy but his management has always been very emotional specially with kimi always trying not to hurt his feelings, this year in Germany it was absurd that after the pitwall cost vettel the lead he was left behind kimi for 10 laps cooking his tyres which may have influenced what happened later in the race and in Italy it was equally absurd that after failing kimi in Belgium qualifying just to try and compensate for that mistake he ordered vettel who was fighting for the championship to give kimi a tow in the 2 runs of Q3 on a track that a tow has more effect as well. Mercedes had a much more ruthless and rational approach to their drivers, and when you’re in a close fight that’s the only way to win, of course there were other mistakes out of his control but his management didn’t help at all. I hope binotto has a more rational approach to the management of the team and drivers.
    Vettel fanboy excuses rather than Arrivabene mistakes, I say. Although Seb was stuck behind Kimi some laps, he got through safely an was on his way, to what many considered an easy win, when he missed the braking point and went into the wall while being all alone. As for Italy qualy, Seb was behing Lewis and should have managed to get the tow from his rival, an ideal position in my opinion. He lost Hamilton and lost the tow. During the race, Ferrari would have swapped, but Vettel lost a place in turn 2 and lost the race in turn 3. Can't be a world champ with so many silly mistakes. You can blame Ferrari for those 3-4 races in the 2nd part of the season when they were nowhere performance wise, maybe the not so great in the wet and being the most likely to get damaged/spin when contact is made. As for a driver if someone was to blame Ferrari it should have been Kimi with those 4 DNFs all car related, not Seb with 0 car related. I have trust that Seb will come back stronger next year and win it, but he has to be realistic and accept what happened this year if he is to grow mentally.

It's OFFICIAL

Ferrari has issued an official statement confirming that Arrivabene left the team and Binotto as team principal.

I'm not quite sure how good is to sack a team principal in the middle of a war and now when we finally catch up with Mercedes. I can imagine Arrivabene done enough for the team. However, maybe they know best and see something very special in Binotto. Then again, this might be another war of internal power. Binotto wanted to be team principal since awhile ago and according to reports he was frustrated with the setup at Ferrari.

Anyway, if you want to replace Arrivabene i guess Binotto is the best choice since he's in the team since 1995 and learned from the best Todd-Ross-Schumacher and knows the team inside out being so much time in the team through all kinds of periods where we dominated and when we struggled a lot.

But as we've seen numerous times in the past, Arrivabene was also a Sergio Marchionne guy? So after SM passed away things are changing.

Let's see how Binotto's leadership skills are and whether or not he's a good team principal, I hope for the best.

Not worried about Arrivabene though, he's linked with a management move to Juventus. It's the same clan (Agnelli) after all, they are just moving people around.

Jan 2019
    After four years of untiring commitment and dedication, Maurizio Arrivabene is leaving the team. The decision was taken together with the company’s top management after lengthy discussions related to Maurizio’s long term personal interests as well as those of the team itself.

Ferrari would like to thank Maurizio for his valuable contribution to the team’s increasing competiveness over the past few years, and wish him the best for his future endeavours.

With immediate effect, Mattia Binotto will take over as Scuderia Ferrari’s Team Principal. All technical areas will continue to report directly to Mattia.

https://formula1.ferrari.com/en/ferr...7_osEca1XBXQtM

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    AHHH-HA....no wonder development dropped off in those 4 months in the 2nd half of the season

Autobild reported this:

"After Marchionne‘s death, Arrivabene took control of everything. And among other things he has done, he took away the control of the technology budget from Binotto. That's why the development of Vettel's Loria stopped."

" The chief technical director Binotto made it clear to the Ferrari management led by Louis Camilleri and John Elkann that things couldn‘t go on like this and threatened to leave. However, he won at the end and Maurizio had to leave."

a young Binotto with the Commandatore

Via Autosport F1 - It is unclear who will replace Binotto as head of Ferrari's technical department, but there are suggestions the team may elect to hand more responsibility to aero chief Enrico Cardile and the head of its engine department Corrado Iotti.
    If this is actually true, it’s inexcusable and he deserved to get canned.

Also, because he was the head of the technical department, he should know exactly who to promote from within! I really like our 2019 chances...

Disappointed Since 2010