Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Binotto to replace Arrivabene as Ferrari F1 team boss

Binotto to replace Arrivabene as Ferrari F1 team boss

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [Autobild] Under Arrivabene‘s leadership, even the die-hard Ferrari enthusiast Vettel doubted whether Ferrari would return him the same love he had for the team. Therefore after the summer, Vettel had some private dinners with Mattia Binotto.

Regarding the whole thing with Binotto saying "it‘s either me or Arrivabene."

Autobild reported that Binotto did not only speak for himself, but a works council, that means he spoke for the vast majority of the team. They were all behind him in this. He is supported.
    Doesn’t say anywhere Ferrari asked Vettel what you want. But I can believe Vettel inclining towards Binotto when he saw Arrivabene reluctant to enforce team orders

Glad that we've managed to keep Binotto but sorry in a way to see Arrivabene get dropped as I do believe he lived and breathed Ferrari as a true Tifoso. There were occasions in the 2018 season when we all questioned Seb and Maurizio's actions which partly went towards us losing the WDC/WCC, so hopefully this new regime will finally get us a championship. I do worry that Binotto's expertise is on the technological and engine side and I feel there should be someone else brought in to assist with driver and trackside management, otherwise he will surely be distracted from providing Seb and Charles with the best car possible.
    Last edited by wisepie; 12th January 2019 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Doesn’t say anywhere Ferrari asked Vettel what you want. But I can believe Vettel inclining towards Binotto when he saw Arrivabene reluctant to enforce team orders
    As far as 2018 went; Ferrari for the most part would have had to ask Seb not Kimi to move over . Team orders are for the driver with the best chance of wining either the race or the podium spot. Seb was not the #1 driver by his own fault. It's the driver that brings the car home. If your the #1 driver your supposed to be ahead of your team mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    As far as 2018 went; Ferrari for the most part would have had to ask Seb not Kimi to move over . Team orders are for the driver with the best chance of wining either the race or the podium spot. Seb was not the #1 driver by his own fault. It's the driver that brings the car home. If your the #1 driver your supposed to be ahead of your team mate.
    Seb vs Kimi was something like 17-4 in qualifying. Deal with it. Second best on the grid after Alonso's 21-0 over Vandoorne.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Seb vs Kimi was something like 17-4 in qualifying. Deal with it. Second best on the grid after Alonso's 21-0 over Vandoorne.
    Actually Kimi would have probably gotten more points than Seb if Ferrari would have put him first last year and he wouldn't have had those 4 DNFs, by no fault of his own. That being said Kimi lacked a bit of overall speed so it wouldn't have been enough beat Lewis.

It's 2019, we have a new team principal, and we're STILL talking about Seb vs Kimi. Good lord; get over it!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You are correct. Kimi had to do 17 #2 driver move overs. He was allowed to breath 4xs. Kimi drove 100% for the team. How did the #17 help Seb WDC wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    It's 2019, we have a new team principal, and we're STILL talking about Seb vs Kimi. Good lord; get over it!
    O k! How's the new team principal doing so far getting along with the pit wall, and the drivers every race so far? Seb's bad year is the most recent Ferrari event until the season starts.

Word of Stefano Domenicali heading back to Ferrari alongside Binotto are gaining momentum in Italy... Dunno if true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Word of Stefano Domenicali heading back to Ferrari alongside Binotto are gaining momentum in Italy... Dunno if true or not.
    NVM, Omnicorse just shot down the news.

O k! How's the new team principal doing so far getting along with the pit wall, and the drivers every race so far? Seb's bad year is the most recent Ferrari event until the season starts.
    By the way he’s not crying on the engine

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    I'd rather it be rumors of Ross Brawn returning in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    By the way he’s not crying on the engine
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    I'd rather it be rumors of Ross Brawn returning in some capacity.
    that would be legendary
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    that would be legendary
    Yeah, but so NOT gonna happen...we as fans have to get over it that Ross Brawn will NEVER return to work for Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah, but so NOT gonna happen...we as fans have to get over it that Ross Brawn will NEVER return to work for Ferrari
    He is too involved in the FIA now to be able to join any F1 team. If "ever" it has to happen it would be after a minimum of a year away from the sport so as the tech would be phased out.

I wouldn't have minded Domenicali returning to the team to assist with track-side and media duties, allowing Binotto to concentrate on the technical side. I always felt Domenicali was made a bit of a scapegoat for our failure to win championships with Fernando or Felipe, and he was very accommodating with the media. Binotto can't do it all on his own IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ross and the midjet worked for Michael, Ferrari was the name they went under at the time. as you say , not gonna happen. Rubens drove for Ferrari and did as he was told.

Ross and the midjet worked for Michael, Ferrari was the name they went under at the time. as you say , not gonna happen. Rubens drove for Ferrari and did as he was told.
    Everyone were working for the team. Rubens was also working for the team and knew exactly what he was signing for. Simple stuff.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Everyone were working for the team. Rubens was also working for the team and knew exactly what he was signing for. Simple stuff.
    As you say simple stuff for sure, Austria 2002, move over let Michael win for the team! But Rubens drives for Ferrari too, and is up front? The points all go to the team! The midjet on the radio, we work for Michael first ! But, but I drive a Ferrari too! If it will make you feel better; Ross and the midjet will let Rubens hold the trophy on the podium! To any new Ferrari fans here, that really happened! Oh well, now FF to 2018, imagine telling Max to give up his win for his team mate! Being allowed to drive his own race, Max came in 2nd only to Lewis in points 2nd half. Ok , they both had equal cars but still not a bad season finish for a just turned 21 driver.
    Let's hope Leclerc knows exactly what he signed up for! Hopefully not "Rubenization!" He's also going to be alongside a German big time champion driver. Only time will tell. I can only hope Charles likes Max's way of driving to win every race.

As you say simple stuff for sure, Austria 2002, move over let Michael win for the team! But Rubens drives for Ferrari too, and is up front? The points all go to the team! The midjet on the radio, we work for Michael first ! But, but I drive a Ferrari too! If it will make you feel better; Ross and the midjet will let Rubens hold the trophy on the podium! To any new Ferrari fans here, that really happened! Oh well, now FF to 2018, imagine telling Max to give up his win for his team mate! Being allowed to drive his own race, Max came in 2nd only to Lewis in points 2nd half. Ok , they both had equal cars but still not a bad season finish for a just turned 21 driver.
    Let's hope Leclerc knows exactly what he signed up for! Hopefully not "Rubenization!" He's also going to be alongside a German big time champion driver. Only time will tell. I can only hope Charles likes Max's way of driving to win every race.
    Oh still crashing his team mate n disobey the orders given by the team.
    N come next race cry for the engine. Even though it’s RB technical issue . Engine engine engine plz start n give star driver a championship

Oh still crashing his team mate n disobey the orders given by the team.
    N come next race cry for the engine. Even though it’s RB technical issue . Engine engine engine plz start n give star driver a championship
    Oh so true ! How did he ever come in 2nd ahead of the likes of Seb and everyone else second half? Max should have calmed down to say 5th or 6th place ! Show a little respect for the ailing Seb , let him pass already would have been so much more liked here and , and ?? ! I hope Binotto is paying attention , we need a super aggressive driver to challenge Lewis ASAP!
    Last edited by Brembo; 17th January 2019 at 05:38.

... utter rubbish deleted..
    Altho I am pretty sure you know this, I will never get tired to say this to the likes of you, over and over again...
    Team had a clear #1 (Michael) and a clear #2 (Reubens). The TP decided to ask #2 to move over for #1 and #2 complied as he should. The rest is history as you well know.

All have been explained, over and over, and the very fact you're clinging over the past the way that you do, suggests you're in need of help.

Michael, just like Reubens worked (at that time) for the team, from 2 very different roles. Yes, Reubens was indeed a driver, but noone expected him (or paid him for that matter) to get a WDC. He -was- paid for helping as a driver to get the WCC as well as help Michael to get the WDC.

As I did say, everything I just typed are well known, but you are clinging in the past. Get help :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Ok, let's see how fans will react to Schumy Jr. getting the same deal with Leclerc as Michael had. It's 2019 move over is the word! Leclerc about to cross the line and win a race getting told to let Seb pass and take the win should be ok with every Ferrari fan . Nostalgia at it's best. Michael pushing Rubens into a concrete wall and almost getting it done was actually worse than any team orders. I hope Seb doesn't follow his hero's winning ways all the way, with his new team mate Leclerc . Are they going to be working for the team with two different roles, Leclerc not expected to win a WDC even if he's shows he could? I agree again, it would be utter rubbish to hold back Leclerc for Shumy Jr. That rule should be deleted if tried! It would be like Ferrari clinging to the past!
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th January 2019 at 07:39.

Oh so true ! How did he ever come in 2nd ahead of the likes of Seb and everyone else second half? Max should have calmed down to say 5th or 6th place ! Show a little respect for the ailing Seb , let him pass already would have been so much more liked here and , and ?? ! I hope Binotto is paying attention , we need a super aggressive driver to challenge Lewis ASAP!
    Being 2nd 2nd in 2nd half . Even kimi finished ahead of mad max in the final standings.
    Oh sry .....I need blame engine.

Being 2nd 2nd in 2nd half . Even kimi finished ahead of mad max in the final standings.
    Oh sry .....I need blame engine.
    OK very true. Even Kimi; new to the F-1 sport in a car far inferior to Max's R Bull Jet; beat the hell out of Max in the final standings. Two whole points ahead of the 21yr. old veteran driver. Whoever it is, someone needs to stop "Eighty poles " from doing another WDC, WCC for Merc. Seb or Charles would do just fine!!

[QUOTE=Brembo;997819]OK very true. Even Kimi; new to the F-1 sport in a car far inferior to Max's R Bull Jet; beat the hell out of Max in the final standings. Two whole points ahead of the 21yr. old veteran driver. Whoever it is, someone needs to stop "Eighty poles " from doing another WDC, WCC for Merc. Seb or Charles would do just fine!![/QUOTE]

This post or statement is better than ur earlier posts. I agree with it.

[QUOTE=nani_s23;997827]
    OK very true. Even Kimi; new to the F-1 sport in a car far inferior to Max's R Bull Jet; beat the hell out of Max in the final standings. Two whole points ahead of the 21yr. old veteran driver. Whoever it is, someone needs to stop "Eighty poles " from doing another WDC, WCC for Merc. Seb or Charles would do just fine!![/QUOTE]

This post or statement is better than ur earlier posts. I agree with it.
    Good to hear!

Altho I am pretty sure you know this, I will never get tired to say this to the likes of you, over and over again...
    Team had a clear #1 (Michael) and a clear #2 (Reubens). The TP decided to ask #2 to move over for #1 and #2 complied as he should. The rest is history as you well know.

All have been explained, over and over, and the very fact you're clinging over the past the way that you do, suggests you're in need of help.

Michael, just like Reubens worked (at that time) for the team, from 2 very different roles. Yes, Reubens was indeed a driver, but noone expected him (or paid him for that matter) to get a WDC. He -was- paid for helping as a driver to get the WCC as well as help Michael to get the WDC.

As I did say, everything I just typed are well known, but you are clinging in the past. Get help :)

Altho I am pretty sure you know this, I will never get tired to say this to the likes of you, over and over again... and the very fact you're clinging over the past the way that you do, suggests you're in need of help. As I did say, everything I just typed are well known, but you are clinging in the past. Get help :)
    Your admitting to never getting tired to say this over and over again... seems that you are the one that may need to get help. Your clinging to denying the rough goings on at Ferrari between drivers the way you do suggests either ignorance of the facts or just prejudice. Agreeing not to agree is fine with me, you are one of the good guys here.